ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle vs Folsom

You whine when you don't want to state fact. He could have just written an article talking about how well the Folsom D played. I mean....if you want to sunshine pump....they did a pretty darned good job.
Why does Joe poke at the DLS kid playing at the Bank and not mention the RENO EXPRESS playing all their youth ball together and then ending up in HS in another state hundred fifty miles from where the family still reside?

Good. I am glad you wen't this route. I was waiting.

I am glad we finally get to see if the same old song and dance excuses hold up for this game. My educated guess is a lot of people are dancing on Friday night...and not in a good way.

Go Folsom!

Folsom 35-27!

How did the dance turn out? Heard people dressed in green are still doing the Twist?

Weren't you the one who said those games played so many years ago have NOTHING to do with this game...Now you want to use it as an excuse....cop out dude, got out played and out coached by a better program....Now back to D1 bowl where you belong!! BOOK THAT!
Lol your team is about to take another 50 point pounding at the hands of Folsom.

Just another jealous local. Book that!

How did the dance turn out? Heard people dressed in green are still doing the Twist?
Much better than the Servite game on a Thursday night against national powerhouse Bakersfield.

Holding DLS to 14 points which almost NOBODY has done. Impressed.

SoCal got embarrassed last night when your transfer kids from Narbone got running clocked in the 2md quarter!

True, but then a new grade is needed for DLS, since their defense is quite a bit superior to Folsoms. Remember too that the previous two games DLS and Folsom player were at the end of the year, when the DLS offensive clicks. I doubt if these two teams played in say 8 weeks that Folsom could hold DLS to 14 points.
Not quite a bit superior at all.

DLS defense gave up more yards than Folsom defense did!

I am not sure why you are even talking trash. This game spells more bad news for you than anyone.

1. Folsom outgained DLS in total yardage. Who knew!?
2. Folsom allowed less yards on D DLS did. Who knew!?
3. Folsom gave up 14 points to one of the best teams in the nation after turning the ball over FIVE times. Who knew!?

Based on these facts, the SFL, to include YOUR team is on Animal House double secret probation notice. This includes the rest of the SJS. This means your team, along with the others, have a running clock beating awaiting them. It will be ugly.

Wait until the other SFL teams and the entire SJS see the defense we all saw tonight.

I wouldn't be celebrating like the troll you are. I'd be scared. Very scared.............

The time is coming. Soon.
I was wondering this type of post might appear that, at first glance not knowing the real score, one would think Folsom won the game. Interesting spin... And also interesting information.

Reactions: concrete17
Folsom D gets an A no matter how you spin it. Holding a DLS offense that put 40 plus on them twice to 14 points is an A paper.

I'm sorry, but games 4 years ago have no bearing on what happened last night. I don't think those dls teams started a soph qb. Folsom's D played very well last night and gave them a chance, but this week 0 dls offense wont be the same once the season progresses. Hale is only going to gain more command of the offense and the experience he is getting against good teams will prove valuable for the future.

Good game to watch as a fan. Folsom will easily take care of Jesuit. It's their game vs chaminade that I'll be looking forward to.

Reactions: concrete17
Why does Joe poke at the DLS kid playing at the Bank and not mention the RENO EXPRESS playing all their youth ball together and then ending up in HS in another state hundred fifty miles from where the family still reside?

Not sure. The press is about generating advertising and subscription revenue. He's just trying to run pieces that attract readership.....in the long run, its probably better to put a positive spin on things than a negative one.

I was wondering this type of post might appear that, at first glance not knowing the real score, one would think Folsom won the game. Interesting spin... And also interesting information.
No spin whatsoever. DLS won. They earned the win. For sure

But what I posted was factual in regards to the stats of the game. Makes for interesting conversation but doesn't change any outcomes.

Great game all around.

Lol your team is about to take another 50 point pounding at the hands of Folsom.

Just another jealous local. Book that!
Funny you mention my team? I don't have A team...I root for ALL the SFL teams which include Folsom. I can say they are very good, best I have seen of them in many, many years. Folsom is a top notch, well coached program. Lovely city.....i'ts only problem is it has slaps like yourself who just don't know when to stop.....No one hates Folsom, what they can't stand is G61,L52,L68,The FolsomDog, cashisking and all the rest of the cr_p you put out......time to eat all the stuff you put out the last two years....DLS is still the KING......Third time wasn't the charm was it.....BOOK THAT!

Funny you mention my team? I don't have A team...I root for ALL the SFL teams which include Folsom. I can say they are very good, best I have seen of them in many, many years. Folsom is a top notch, well coached program. Lovely city.....i'ts only problem is it has slaps like yourself who just don't know when to stop.....No one hates Folsom, what they can't stand is G61,L52,L68,The FolsomDog, cashisking and all the rest of the cr_p you put out......time to eat all the stuff you put out the last two years....DLS is still the KING......Third time wasn't the charm was it.....BOOK THAT!
ALL SFL teams eh?

Wow. You are in trouble with some major running clocks coming your way this season.

Thanks for the compliments though. Let's see more of that! Friendship at its finest!

My take aways from the game [no new insight, just my wish to chime in].

1st - This was the first game for both teams in the middle of August in a state where contact practice is highly restricted into the 2nd week of August. So you have to look through mistakes, miscues and other performance issues that you know will get better toward season end.

2nd - I was pleasantly surprised by Folsom defense. They are good now and they are going to be very good by season end. They controlled the LOS for most of the game.

3rd - Although I had heard that DLS defense was going to be good this year, its much better than I thought it was going to be. It is going to be a wrecking ball against nearly any team at any level. They were especially dominant in the secondary.

4th - I see lots of potential for the Folsom offense. This game could have easily gone the other way with just a few of the fouled up plays landing on Folsom's draw-of-fortune instead leaning toward DLS luckiness. The kinks will be worked out and they will regularly score against even the best of opponents.

5th - I was a little disappointed by DLS offense. They will need to perfect their offensive scheme, timing and LOS control significantly to perform well against the top teams. That being said, historically, DLS radically improves by late season. The basic fundamentals seem to be present for make big improvements.

6th - The DLS freshman playing on the JV squad, #10 Zeke Berry, has lots of potential. He was a prolific running back. He is listed as on the DLS frosh team but he is definitely ready for the JV level.

7th - The Folsom JV QB, (I think he was #7 David Clark III but please correct me if you know I got it wrong because he deserves proper credit) was pretty good. He has a good arm and was very mobile. His accuracy was less notable though. His QB run plays made incredible yards through defenders. If the team allows for it in the future, he would make a far better RB than a QB.

Last edited:
My take aways from the game [no new insight, just mine wish to chime in].

1st - This was the first game for both teams in the middle of August in a state where contact practice is highly restricted into the 2nd week of August. So you have to look through mistakes, miscues and other performance issues that you know will get better toward season end.

2nd - I was pleasantly surprised by Folsom defense. They are good now and they are going to be very good by season end. They controlled the LOS for most of the game.

3rd - Although I had heard that DLS defense was going to be good this year, its much better than I thought it was going to be. It is going to be a wrecking ball against nearly any team at any level. They were especially dominant in the secondary.

4th - I see lots of potential for the Folsom offense. This game could have easily gone the other way with just a few of the fouled up plays landing on Folsom's draw-of-fortune instead leaning toward DLS luckiness. The kinks will be worked out and they will regularly score against even the best of opponents.

5th - I was a little disappointed by DLS offense. They will need to perfect their offensive scheme, timing and LOS control significantly to perform well against the top teams. That being said, historically, DLS radically improves by late season. The basic fundamentals seem to be present for make big improvements.

6th - The DLS freshman playing on the JV squad, #10 Zeke Berry, has lots of potential. He was a prolific running back. He is listed as on the DLS frosh team but he is definitely ready the JV level.

7th - The Folsom JV QB, (I think he was #14 Matt Cajura but please correct me if you know I got it wrong because he deserves proper credit) was pretty good. He has a good arm and was very mobile. His accuracy was less notable though. His QB run plays made incredible yards through defenders. If the team allows for it in the future, he would make a far better RB and a QB.
Great breakdown!

Reactions: FBAddict
Having to prepare for a whole seasons had to help big time I doubt folsoms defense looks like that for the whole season Jesuit will
Move the ball on Folsom with a more balance attack. Jesuit has good size also

Reactions: RidgeRider
No spin whatsoever. DLS won. They earned the win. For sure

But what I posted was factual in regards to the stats of the game. Makes for interesting conversation but doesn't change any outcomes.

Great game all around.
Not sure what your definition of SPIN is, but it typically refers to presenting certain facts it get an intended result slightly different than the apparent conclusion.

Glad you cleared up that you didn't change the actual outcome...

Last edited:
Nice to see salty Joe Davidson in perfect form. His SacBee piece ends in trademark Joe Davidson: passive aggressive whining.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article216712280.html

That guy really loves Folsom and CC. I appreciate his efforts to report on local sports and read his articles and think he writes fairly well but he has two obvious and favorite teams in the SJS and everyone in the SJS knows it. Keep up the good work, Joe (in case your reading this), but it's ok to spread the love!

Last edited:
Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Not sure what your definition of SPIN is, but it typically refers to presenting certain facts it get an intended result slightly different than the apparent conclusion.

Glad you do cleared up that you didn't change the actual outcome...
I think presenting relevant facts make for great discussion. That is what it's all about. If you're concerned about the outcome, dont be. The game is over. But still fun to talk about.

Reactions: FBAddict
I am not sure why you are even talking trash. This game spells more bad news for you than anyone.

1. Folsom outgained DLS in total yardage. Who knew!?
2. Folsom allowed less yards on D DLS did. Who knew!?
3. Folsom gave up 14 points to one of the best teams in the nation after turning the ball over FIVE times. Who knew!?

Based on these facts, the SFL, to include YOUR team is on Animal House double secret probation notice. This includes the rest of the SJS. This means your team, along with the others, have a running clock beating awaiting them. It will be ugly.

Wait until the other SFL teams and the entire SJS see the defense we all saw tonight.

I wouldn't be celebrating like the troll you are. I'd be scared. Very scared.............

The time is coming. Soon.

Great outing by Folsom. Much better on the defensive side of the ball than I expected. But offensively, DLS will only get better this year. Not saying that Folsom won’t. But The DLS playbook was pretty small last night. It’ll get bigger in time. DLS will be good for the next 3 years at least. Not just because of the QB.

Great outing by Folsom. Much better on the defensive side of the ball than I expected. But offensively, DLS will only get better this year. Not saying that Folsom won’t. But The DLS playbook was pretty small last night. It’ll get bigger in time. DLS will be good for the next 3 years at least. Not just because of the QB.
Agreed. I would love to see these two teams slug it out again in the open bowl! Damnit!

I finally saw the play on 2 different local news reports (the live stream cutout when it happened).

Neither of the angles were conclusive with regard to whether the ball crossed the plane before he fumbled it. You can clearly see an official in proper position to see right down the line, so I'd have to conclude the ball didn't cross since he didn't signal a score.

However, you could clearly see that his knee was down before he reached for the goal line. The official understandably couldn't focus on both acts simultaneously. In a world of replay, it's Folsom's ball 1st and goal from the half yard line. However in HS, such a bang bang play can go either way and it went the Spartans way -- as things tend to do when you have a streak like they do.

Folsom may have been shut out, but that's as close to scoring as you can get w/o doing so. Daniyel Ngata's effort can't be faulted IMO. It was just fluke bad luck.

I remember a similar play hurting Rockin against Folsom in 2015 when Evyn Holtz fumbled as he was going into the end zone. The TD and XP would have put the Thunder up 8 in a game they trailed by 7 when Folsom broke off a long 4th down run to seal it.

Those kinds of plays happen and decide games. Sucks it happened to Folsom tonight because I think that play along with Ngata's penalty determined the outcome.

Thunder, In super slow mo you can “clearly” see it. At full speed, with the linesman right there, it was called a fumble. Let’s just stop this now and move on....as hard as it is to do. Appears to be a bad break for the dogs this time. These were SFL refs trying to do their jobs. At the end of the day, it was a pretty evenly and well officiated game. And even if they score, there’s no guarantee that they win. DLS did score 14 and missed several opportunities themselves. Folsom played well. They have my respect. FWIW.

Reactions: remc
You make a good point. Honestly, I was a but iffy on the call, but it is what it is. This is Folsom, love em or what em. This is what they do.

I also agree they could have won. But, could of, would of, should of, doesn't get you wins against NorCals finest. DLSs defense was stellar and they deserved to win.

I am extremely proud of my Bulldogs and thought they changed A LOT of minds last night from the toughness they displayed on the field. Folsom has largely known as a finesse team...last night they proved they could play in the trenches.

The bad news for everyone else and Jesuit next week- They all have to square up against that Folsom defense and an offense that will be looking for blood after being shut out.

@14U2ALLNV nothing but love! You guys proved it on the field and deserved the win. It was a great game to be part of. I said I would eat crow if we lost, and I am! Book it!
You’ve got a lot to be proud of. That was a fine football team the Bulldogs brought to Concord Friday night. Earned everybody’s respect.

Not to mention the Elk Grove kids

Reactions: coachlittle
Not to mention the Elk Grove kids

At GB, its the Oakmont, Woodcreek, Wheatland and Roseville kids. At D.O., its the Rocklin, Woodcreek and Whitney kids. At Capital Christian, I don't think I can count the ways. How many swaps between Monterey Trail, Franklin and Sheldon happen all the time? It would make a guy dizzy to try to keep up with it.

At GB, its the Oakmont, Woodcreek, Wheatland and Roseville kids. At D.O., its the Rocklin, Woodcreek and Whitney kids. At Capital Christian, I don't think I can count the ways. How many swaps between Monterey Trail, Franklin and Sheldon happen all the time? It would make a guy dizzy to try to keep up with it.

Certainly is, but with the exception of CC, those schools are getting the kid a 10-minute drive away and in an adjacent boundary, not across the region.

It's a whole different level at the two schools we are talking about with a much longer drive.

Folsom by 3 TDs

Against the sjs I agree I think folsom will be challenged through some west but in the end they should win by 3 tds since this “their best team ever” Folsom might be dls easier non conference game this year. Folsom looked impressive on defense all game can’t wait to see if grant could get some points on them grant is lacking it’s normal size this year but this is an exciting group this year considering it’s a small roster. A Paris warren jr vs Ngata match will be fun to see both big strong kids

Certainly is, but with the exception of CC, those schools are getting the kid a 10-minute drive away and in an adjacent boundary, not across the region.

It's a whole different level at the two schools we are talking about with a much longer drive.
You are being petty. This is the new age of football. If you're program was on top youd be getting the same thing.

Get over it and dont be petty. All these teams are playing within the rules. Nobody cares.

Reactions: Deltadodger

True and you could debate whether that's good or not all night. All I can say is "build it and they will come". This is how high school football rolls these days.

Reactions: cashisking18
For reference, JT Daniels, as a junior, went 20-30 for 233 yards against DLS with 3 TDs and NO INTs. He ran for two more TDs in that gamne. MD added 130 yards rushing. MD put up 52 points on DLS. You'd have to have given the MD offense an A for that effort. Great leader on offense that knew how to roll against elite competition.

A C+ is a passing grade. When you score no points, you failed. Just sayin.

I hear you but for me i gave them a passing grade of a C+ with no points mainly because they moved the ball fairly easy in the first half against a good dls defense. Dls defense was as good as advertised and folsom offense did well. They put pressure on the secondary, ran effectively at times, the o line gave the qb a respectable amount of time to throw the ball, holes were opened, wr blocked well, i dont recall any dropped balls, and there werent a lot of offensive penalties. To me im telling my team good job in these areas while telling my qb,, this is a good learning lesson son to look at before moving forward. Honestly even if you forget all of the above, i think coach al's reaction to shutting out folsom offense speaks volumes on the respect he had for them. Respect alone from a great coach tells me the folsom offense had a passing grade.

I hear you but for me i gave them a passing grade of a C+ with no points mainly because they moved the ball fairly easy in the first half against a good dls defense. Dls defense was as good as advertised and folsom offense did well. They put pressure on the secondary, ran effectively at times, the o line gave the qb a respectable amount of time to throw the ball, holes were opened, wr blocked well, i dont recall any dropped balls, and there werent a lot of offensive penalties. To me im telling my team good job in these areas while telling my qb,, this is a good learning lesson son to look at before moving forward. Honestly even if you forget all of the above, i think coach al's reaction to shutting out folsom offense speaks volumes on the respect he had for them. Respect alone from a great coach tells me the folsom offense had a passing grade.

I hear you....there a difference between what you say to your kids as their coach and the reality of the outcome. No doubt there were great athletic plays made by those kids. And you can use the "learning experience" line to make a kid feel good. I get that. It goes without saying that, if you score zero in a game, you are not likely to win, right?

Also, I think that game said a lot about how well or poorly some might project at the next level. Look at JT Daniels....wow....that's a hell of a player there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT