ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin vs dela round 3

bones40

Sports Fanatic
Apr 3, 2014
Top two teams square off tonight in finals in what should be a great game the
Stellar defense of the Spartans against the high octane gaels.Any predictions and is the winner
of this game headed to the open.

Bones

Not sure on this one. Way to close to call! When it was played at DLS they were +6. When it was at Dublin they were +4. It on a neutral floor and both sides fans will show up. If it was vegas it would be a pick em and the over under would be 119.5

I will be there this should be a good one!

Reactions: observer22
It's truly a number game. at DLS 51-45 Dublin missing freshman guard. At Dublin 64-60 in OT. Figure out the tie score at the end of the 4th quarter, probably 50 something at that point. What ever that number was, if DLS holds Dublin under that number DLS wins. If Dublin hits that number and over Dublin wins. DLS doesn't score much but I'm take defense for the win, DLS. As for 119.5 over/under I will take under on that.

I'll be there also. Gonna be a helluva game!

I picked DLS 59-58 in my "predict the NCS Winners" thread, so I'll stick with that...

I was there... yep, 53-51 DLS on a putback with 1.6 seconds to go. Justin Pratt, #33, got the winner in a wild melee under the bucket.

Was a brilliant game... DLS appeared to have control after a nice run put 'em ahead 27-19 at the half, but Dublin came right back with a 20-10 3rd Q, and the entire 4th Q was nip-and-tuck, lead changing hands several times.

It finally came down to DLS calling their last timeout with the ball in forecourt, 6.7 seconds to go. After that, they began to set up the play, and Dublin called a timeout... DLS had trouble getting it inbounds, but they managed to tap it over to Udenyi at the top of the key, about 4 seconds to go he started one of his spin-move drives... Got the ball up, it clanked off and then Pratt came from nowhere and snatched the ball and tossed it off the window and.. IN!!

As the jam-packed arena went nuts, the refs stopped things and said that Dublin had 1.6 seconds from their own baseline... They managed to get the ball almost to half court before they had to beat the buzzer... 50-footer, looked like it had a chance... OFF the rim as the buzzer went off.

So now, the Spartans and the Gaels have played 100 minutes of basketball, including the one OT period... Total score: DLS 154, Dublin 150. I think these two are pretty well-matched :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT