ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL All League Awards

observer22

Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
The EBAL playoffs begin this week. The league is about as balanced as it has ever been, with some fantastic games all season all up and down the league.

Dublin is the regular season champion at 8-1, and they barely got past 9th place Monte Vista on Friday 60-57 in OT. 2 of Dublin's other wins were Dougherty Valley in OT, and Granada on a last second 3-pointer by Donovan Cooks. DLS was beaten by Cal, and SRV was beaten by Monte Vista.

The top 5 seeds all have solid chances of coming out on top of the EBAL playoffs, depending on how it all plays out.

Final EBAL Standings:

Dublin 8-1
DLS 7-2
SRV 6-3
Dougherty Valley 5-4
Granada 5-4
Amador Valley 4-5
Foothill 4-5
Cal 4-5
Monte Vista 2-7
Livermore 0-9

Tuesday's playoff games:
Monte Vista @ Dublin
Foothill @ DLS
AV @ SRV
Granada @ DV

I'm hoping to be able to get in at DLS, but they still have the 4 fan per player limit, it seems...

Reactions: observer22
Just checked GoFan... The links for each school are up, but the 4-per-player family-only requirements are on the links.

I'll watch from home. It is supposed to be on delasalletv, but the link doesn't show yet.

Tuesday’s EBAL playoff games:

#8 seed Monte Vista gave top seed Dublin all they could handle for the second time this week, falling 62-60. On Friday in EBAL league play, they lost to Dublin in OT.

#5 seed Granada beat #4 seed Dougherty Valley 68-58. Kevin Gad was on fire in leading the Matadors to victory, hitting 6 treys. DV’s Connor Sevilla missed his second straight game due to injury. Sevilla had 32 against Granada the first time they played, a DV OT victory.

#2 seed DLS slowly grinded out a win over #7 seed Foothill 38-31 in a game that was just 15-9 at the half. Luckily, there was limited attendance so few people had to endure it.

#3 seed SRV had no trouble with #6 seed Amador Valley, winning 49-27.

Thursday’s EBAL Semifinals:

#3 SRV at #2 DLS
#5 Granada at #1 Dublin

Last edited:
#2 seed DLS overcomes a 27-22 halftime deficit to beat #5 seed Granada 57-44, and take the EBAL tourney title.

Reactions: concrete17
I saw the video, too. Suddenly in the 4th quarter, Granada was getting their pockets picked just about every time they turned around.

Reactions: concrete17
EBAL Awards
Beasley POY

1st Team
Anderson - Dublin
Gad - Granada
Semany - DLS
Blair - DLS
Deely - SRV

2nd Team
Cooks - Dublin
Sevilla - DV
Johnson - DLS
McKeever - Granada
Chang - AV

Thank you observer22.
Hopefully you don't give a hoot if I add the players grade level. Less than half are Seniors which bodes well for next season.

EBAL Awards
Beasley POY. Jr

1st Team
Anderson - Dublin. Jr
Gad - Granada. Sr
Semany - DLS. Dr
Blair - DLS. Fr
Deely - SRV. Soph

2nd Team
Cooks - Dublin. Jr
Sevilla - DV. Jr
Johnson - DLS. Sr