ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL Predictions – Rivalry Night Part 1

Dec 31, 2016
Pleasanton – FHS @ AVHS

Foothill coming off a tough loss against Granada. Let’s see how they rebound. Amador looked rattled vs Dublin in the 1st half on Friday night, couldn’t handle Dublin’s pressure and created their own bakery of all types of Turnovers (apple, blueberry, etc). AV won’t face that pressure tonight. They are big and have a bunch of guards that can shoot the 3. Look for the Don’s to jump on them early and cruise to a double digit win: AV - 55-44

Livermore – LHS @ GHS

Not going to be a pretty game. Look for Granada to push the ball up the floor for some easy layups and transition 3’s. I see them wearing down Livermore and walking away with a victory: GH - 58-45

Danville – SRV @ MV

Should be a good game and packed house tonight in Danville. I really like the battle of the EBAL big men (Bennett vs Bortz). Should be fun to watch those 2 go at it all night. SRV will look to get Murphy and the cast of Senior guards / wings going early. SRV’s comeback win vs Cal should provide them with great momentum going into this game. MV, you never know what you’re going to get and from the box score from Saturday, looks like they are now missing (3) Senior Starters (Fadal, Rust, & Salas). Anyone know the status? Nothing is ever easy, but Coach Jones has his work cut out for him. I see a tight game all night but MV pulls it out in the last few minutes: MV – 52-48

San Ramon – DLS @ Cal

DLS confuses me. They are loaded (yes, not as loaded in the past) with talent, all the guards / wings can light it up from 3 and Udenyi is a beast, yet they are not scoring. I know they get a few easy buckets on their motion offense, but it’s boring to watch…can’t imagine what it would be like to play in that offense. Dribble handoffs for 20 seconds and then have Udenyi go 1 on 1 looking to kick to an open shooter…come on coach, you have so much more talent than that. DVHS held them to 40, they won 43-41 last night, and other than the SRV game, they haven’t scored more than 57 points in 9 games. Look for that trend to stop tonight. Cal is a great shooters gym with soft rims. They will go off tonight. Cal just doesn’t match up with DLS. They won’t be able to cover all their shooters and I see Udenyi getting back to his customary “double – double”. Hey, you might even get to see Coach Argenal go deep in the bench and get the entire squad in…this one will be ugly and over early: DLS - 67-36

Reactions: granddaddylaylow622
SRV upends MV on the road 44-33.

DLS beats down Cal 76-59.

Granada edges Livermore 53-49.

Granada was up 18-4 about 6 minutes into the game, 18-4 at the end of the 1st quarter. took the foot off the pedal, and, after a 14-2 Livermore run, it was 20-18 (Granada) with 3 seconds in the half, before a LONG buzzer 3-pt put them up 5 at the half. it got down to a one-point game with about 3 minutes to go, before a couple of 3's gave them breathing room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT