ADVERTISEMENT

Final New Hope 45 ST Johns 34 Who is number one now???

becoolpt55

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2017
San Jose
Clay you have a problem.....
I think you have to give it Africentric even though they ducked almost all the top competition
BTW the boys have the similar problem the number 4 ranked team IMG won the Geico
and the number one team Mceachern(SP) ducked the Geico....

We're going to go with New Hope -- one "bad" loss in Texas; lost to Bishop McNamara then beat them; lost to MCD on a fluke (and bad call), then beat them; beat No. 1 and No. 2 on neutral court.

Africentric was good early but was not impressive late. Eyewitnesses report the teams they beat winning third class from the top in Ohio were not that strong and Africentric made the games close. Finally, Africentric could have done more in terms of scheduling, and chose not to. New Hope ducked no one and traveled all over.

I think Narbonne had three losses one year in the late '90s ... it's very rare. But that team, like New Hope, traveled all over the country and played everyone they could find.

On a side note of local connections... New Hope senior guard Kylie Kornegay-Lucas (signed to Virginia) scored 11 points in the game. She started her high school career on the Freshman team at Mitty.

Btw 43 games in a season... wow thats a lot.. I don't think you can punish them for 3 losses when it comes against 40 wins

Reactions: SouthBayHoopFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT