ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom (13-1) vs Cathedral (12-1) in D1–AA State Bowl

I agree with that. Be satisfied within the level your at. Folsom is not elite. But they are fantastic at their level.

What's elite? Because I'd say that encompasses less than 10 programs across the country. Probably only 4 on the west coast.

Beyond that, they're elite. They're certainly elite in CA which is one of the top power states for HS football. Top 10 in CA in many of the past 8 years and sometimes top 5, including this year.

Hey jimmy, I believe you. Now let's continue to schedule pre-season opponents on the level of DLS not Oakdale. Not saying Oakdale wouldn't give Folsom a game in which they would in most seasons. I'm just saying with the championships that Richardson has under his belt at Folsom isn't it time for him to schedule up and not down. Can you and I believe in that????

Got the dude on ignore, but I know exactly who you are replying to. You're talking to a dense wall.

This is the same guy that constantly criticized Del Oro for their aggressive scheduling over the years -- the antithesis of what most everyone else respects about them.

What's elite? Because I'd say that encompasses less than 10 programs across the country. Probably only 4 on the west coast.

Beyond that, they're elite. They're certainly elite in CA which is one of the top power states for HS football. Top 10 in CA in many of the past 8 years and sometimes top 5, including this year.

By his standards, there are only three elite teams in SoCal, too. Kind of silly.

You totally bypassed and glossed over the part where i said they are FANTASTIC.

A team can't be elite until they beat an Elite team. Period. There are about 100 other schools that would have the same record as Folsom, had they played the same schedule.

Can those teams be classified as Elite as well?

Name 1 Elite team that Folsom had beat in the past 5 years?

There are 7 major national ranking services for high school football. A compilation among those put Folsom at #15 in the nation.

That's out of about 14500 schools.

If that's not elite, I don't know what is.
When a person tells his son or daughter, YOU ARE FANTASTIC. Hopefully said son or daughter does not take that as an insult.

A team can't be elite until they beat an Elite team. Period. There are about 100 other schools that would have the same record as Folsom, had they played the same schedule.

I thought block said you got banned? Lol. Welcome back?

Reactions: sarpar

That’s the definition of elite according to Sammy. And a lot of speculation. Nothing more.

@Cal 14 is spot on. Any top 25/50 team, even top 100, in a pool of over 14,000 is elite. Period. That’s 99th percentile. There is no 100th.

I get that Folsom hasn’t beaten a fellow top 25 team. Valid point. But even if a team was the worst of a top 25/50 and can’t beat the teams ahead of them (hypothetically) that doesn’t eliminate them from the elite. They’re still 99th percentile.

It’s just wishful thinking by some.

Last edited:
Got the dude on ignore, but I know exactly who you are replying to. You're talking to a dense wall.

This is the same guy that constantly criticized Del Oro for their aggressive scheduling over the years -- the antithesis of what most everyone else respects about them.
Thank you TR. I truly respect what DO has done with their preseason scheduling. They've never been my team but I respect the hell out of DO for many reasons. And their pre-season scheduling is one of them.

Reactions: ThunderRam

Good points. Though I do believe Folsom is elite to a certain degree I agree with your take that if they haven't beaten an elite team what makes them elite. That's kind of how I feel. I also believe Folsom's window to beat an elite team will only get smaller after this season. We shall see.

That’s the definition of elite according to Sammy. And a lot of speculation. Nothing more.

@Cal 14 is spot on. Any top 25/50 team, even top 100, in a pool of over 14,000 is elite. Period. That’s 99th percentile. There is no 100th.

I get that Folsom hasn’t beaten a fellow top 25 team. Valid point. But even if a team was the worst of a top 25/50 and can’t beat the teams ahead of them (hypothetically) that doesn’t eliminate them from the elite. Their still 99th percentile.

It’s just wishful thinking by some.
Damn your points are good too TR. Stop it!!!! This is turning into a great freak'n debate and I love it!!!!:p

Is St. Louis (HI) elite? They're Tier 2 for you. What elite team did they beat?

Is that you again, sammyswordswallower? I thought you went away?

Name one elite team that your pansy friars have beaten in the last 5 years!

Folsom is an elite program this year. Anybody saying otherwise is selling something. They’re just not the elite of the elite. That class of team is most likely limited to less than 10 teams in the Nation.

Reactions: sarpar and ararar
Sorry to bust into your echo chamber but Folsom is not a top 10 National team, nor are they a National Tier 1 team.

I would say it could be argued that they are a Tier 1 California team, so I guess we could classify them as a possibly California elite.

Fact is a senior laden Folsom team with 17+ returning starters got shut out on week 1 by an underclassmen laden DLS team. DLS struggles worse with Buchanon

Cathedral Catholic not getting blown off the field. Ball control playing well thus far but they miss a short FG to keep it scoreless.

Need TDs when you get down there tonight

Oh well. I said cathedral would win 1st qtr. Its still tied. I think folsom will take over now.

CC using the Bellarmine blueprint - chew up huge chunks of game clock on long drives, limit Folsom to 3 drives per half.

CC using the Bellarmine blueprint - chew up huge chunks of game clock on long drives, limit Folsom to 3 drives per half.

It a sound plan why play their game force them to play yours. CC looks to be the more physical team at this point.

Worst pi call I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe a makeup for not calling a face mask.

Honestly they have missed a few calls here that Folsom benefits from. Heck the QB didn’t have a mouth piece in on first drive until they were in the red zone, no call

Folsom doesn't look great on either offense or defense. DLS/MD/SJB would all be up 21-0 or more at the half.

The blowout is comin for sure come 3rd and 4th qtr. No way they can be held down for that long

The blowout is comin for sure come 3rd and 4th qtr. No way they can be held down for that long
I don’t think it will be a blow out. CC holds the ball so long that I think it’s to late for a blow out. I do think they are playing with house money at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT