ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom (13-1) vs Cathedral (12-1) in D1–AA State Bowl

Folsom will win because they are the better team still overrated

7-7 end of third quarter with Cathedral on the Folsom 1 yard line. FYI, I have to put DLS close to the MD/SJB level base don playing MD close with their 4 start LB playing on a broken foot.

Every team has a blueprint to beat them, but it can be very difficult to execute it. Kudos to CC for doing just that for 3+ quarters.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Folsom INT in the red zone. CC has made Folsom make plays in red zone tonight and Bulldogs haven't been good there.

No running clock in this one....my question is after the DLS/ Mater Dei game some were saying Folsom would've gave mater dei a better challenge but what if DLS played this Cathedral Catholic team?

I still think Folsom will win this game but I dont think they are on De La Salle's level. I do believe Folsom should be up by atleast 2 TDsin this game.....Folsom wins it in OT

Last edited:
Folsom is better built for a NFL OT. CC with a clock control running game, and a good kicker is built for HS OT

I’m predicting this ends in first OT one way or another.

If Folsom scores 7, and CC scores a TD, they’ll go for 2 and the win.

What's elite? Because I'd say that encompasses less than 10 programs across the country. Probably only 4 on the west coast.

Beyond that, they're elite. They're certainly elite in CA which is one of the top power states for HS football. Top 10 in CA in many of the past 8 years and sometimes top 5, including this year.
Folsom wins. Again, they are fantastic at their level. And there is nothing wrong with that. Cathedral gave them a fight. But Folsom is not Elite

I thought CC played the perfect ‘Anti-Folsom’ game. They Controlled the clock and played ‘bend but don’t break’ defense. Folsoms offense drove down the field every single time they had the ball. Reached inside the 10 yard line six different times in regulation (which if I’m not mistaken. they only had six possessions in regulation!) but only scored 2 TDs...couldn’t finish.

Reactions: ThunderRam
I thought CC played the perfect ‘Anti-Folsom’ game. They Controlled the clock and played ‘bend but don’t break’ defense. Folsoms offense drove down the field every single time they had the ball. Reached inside the 10 yard line six different times in regulation (which if I’m not mistaken. they only had six possessions in regulation!) but only scored 2 TDs...couldn’t finish.

Pretty sure defensive game plan was keep everything in front of you and punish the ball. Pretty basic concept in all reality. When field is short play more man coverage and bring pressure make Bennett find open guy. No anti Folsom anything it’s a concept that’s been around as long as the chuck n duck offense Like Folsom runs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT