ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom #26 in the Country, #1 in NorCal, #5 in CA

Oct 8, 2017
Folsom has dominated their SFL opponents so far, outscoring them 144-34. This has slingshotted them up the in rannkings to #26 nationally, #5 state, and #1 in NorCal. (According to MaxPreps.com) I believe this #1 ranking stems from success in a tougher schedule than DLS. Before heads begin to roll let me clarify. Overall, I think Folsom has played a more difficult schedule. I recognize Folsom has played nobody near the talent level of DLS, Bishop Gorman, St. John’s or even themselves- but I believe that the run-of-the-mill SFL teams (minus Woodcreek or NU), Sacramento, Oakdale, or Coeur D’Alene (remember CDA is still near the top of the national rankings and beat down on “future powerhouse” Capital Christian- so not as much as a joke as everyone had originally perceived) are all equal or tougher opponents than many of De La Salle’s —other than St. John’s, or Bishop Gorman who far surpass anything Folsom has seen ever (which will obviously make any schedule beyond tough).

Will this be the year we finally get to see the two powerhouses face off once again?

Both Folsom and DLS have yet to play to their full potential this season. In my opinion, either team has both the weapons, size, strength, and coaching to potentially seize a victory. I believe Folsom has better athletes (at both skill positions and on the line), but regardless of how well coached they are DLS’ coaching takes the cake. In my opinion Folsom has had too many INT, poor reads, missed tackles, penalties, and errors to beat a team like DLS. However, if Folsom cleans up their act, I believe they could be an extremely formidable foe anchored by a solid O-line, QB, and WR Corps (lead by the 6’4” Joe Ngata).

Both teams are extremely respectable and have had their own varied levels of success; each impressive in relation to themselves. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out.

Fun additional fact: The combination of every point scored on Folsom in a league game (so far), is less than the least amount of points Folsom has scored in a league game. 3 SFL teams vs Folsom’s defense haven’t had the equivalent success of one game of Folsom’s offense (in their least productive) league game. The same can not be said for any other SFL team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT