ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom wins 3rd state title in 7 years

Great article below!

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article190135309.html

I am finally waking up and wanted to give my two cents on the game last night on both Folsom and Helix.

Per Calpreps, Folsom came in to the game ranked #3 in the state. Helix #7. This was a match up of two darn good teams. Two top ten, public school teams, going head to head. You can't ask for more!

Helix- When I got to the game and saw Helix warming up, I was sort of in awe. They passed the eye test for sure. They were HUGE! They had huge bodies on the line and at the skill position. The #1 rated CB was one of the fastest and most skilled kids I've seen at the HS level. The QB bound for Davis (Baker) was very impressive. Frankly, I think Davis is getting a steal with this kid. Helix was able to run the ball effectively for most of the game and could throw the deep ball. It seemed like they had it all. Turnovers and bad defense really did them in. I was surprised to see that Folsom scored more points on them than any other team did in the South.

Folsom- A team full of juniors did an amazing job pushing around a team that was older, and much bigger than they were. The Bulldogs did not back down, not even when they went down 14-0. They quickly went on to score 28 unanswered points. The look on the Helix's players face, was one of disbelief and shock. I don't think they expected something like that. I can only imagine if Folsom didn't make so many mistakes and turn the ball over, how bad the score really could have been. Despite all of the athletes all over the field for Helix, Folsom was just as good, if not better, at all the skill positions. Ngata has been the difference in most games for Folsom, but this night belonged to the mobile junior, Kaiden Bennett. Other than a few mistakes, he was simply awesome, throwing the ball and running it. I believe it was a QB rushing CIF state title record. Bennett passed for 327 yards and four touchdowns, and rushed for 147 yards on 14 carries and two scores. Man, this kid was impressive. Overall, the offense line played well. The defensive line played good enough to win, but showed signed of fatigue against a huge offense line and a great RB in the second half. This is something they will need to improve on. The offense was one of the most balanced and prolific, I've seen in my many years of watching HS football. It is amazing to think if they cut down on the little mistakes, just how prolific they could be. Both Ngata brothers are amazing, with Joe being a possible NFL star someday.

This was a great night for the SFL and NorCal football. My wife and kids had a blast, despite the cold. This just made the hype that much crazier for next year. Hey, you know you are doing something right when the big dogs from SoCal are calling you out on Twitter! That's an honor in my book. As a fan, I can't wait to see the scheduling path they go with next year. They may surpass the 2014 team in my book (although the 2010 team was my favorite). IMHO they should be the consensus preseason #1 team in Norcal, and top 3 in all of CA. Can't wait!

Go NorCal & Congrats Bulldogs on an amazing season!

Welcome back Folsom Bulldog. I guess your ban has ended.

Reactions: jamzz94549
Funny thing is Just imagine if The "roommates " stayed in Reno , Badger , and his other running mates JV Qb and Runningback stayed and went to SHELDON . Also the best player on DLS stayed at Sac high like he was supposed to , then we might just be talking about Sac High or SHELDON in that game last night

I really think Sheldon will contend. Great program.

Actually, Helix is a SDS DI team who won the So Cal I-AA title. Just because they beat Oaks doesn’t make them D2. Same way Pitt (NCS D1) played and beat Granite Bay (SJS D2) in their Nor Cal Regional.

Also, I don’t believe Folsom is 3rd best team in the state and I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone post that on here (except maybe Bulldog who likely thinks Folsom is #1in the nation). Who said that anyway?
I do believe The Helix team that I watched play Folsom is better than they are given credit by the LA guys. Lots of DI talent at skill positions, good size upfront, etc. You can point to one Week 0 result all you want, I think there is simply more to it

So what you are saying is SDD1 is = SS D2 which is = to North Second best team.ok sounds right

Get off the Folsom public school tirade. They had intradistrict transfers and people from other states moving in . Aka the Reno express. Folsom could allow kids from Elk Grove in but people living in Folsom can't play I EGUSD. Now Folsom has closed the doors and Frosh went like 1-10. Lets see what Folsom is like in 3 years then we can make an accurate assumption.

Reactions: Deltadodger
I think you know just trying to get someone to bite.

I honestly don’t know but I seen someone speak of badger and the Reno kids and that’s it and as far as dls said only player I ever heard they had from Sacramento was dj Williams

Get off the Folsom public school tirade. They had intradistrict transfers and people from other states moving in . Aka the Reno express. Folsom could allow kids from Elk Grove in but people living in Folsom can't play I EGUSD. Now Folsom has closed the doors and Frosh went like 1-10. Lets see what Folsom is like in 3 years then we can make an accurate assumption.
I believe you meant inter-district transfer. A intra-district transfer is when a student transfers within the same school district. Sounds like the FCUSD is smarter than the EGUSD for allowing kids from other districts to transfer into their district. Also, you seem a bit bitter because kids from Sheldon prefer to play for coach Richardson over coach Cattolico. Sounds to me someone needs to step their sells pitch up to big time players and maybe they'll stay home. I'm not losing Badger or any other big name player in my school district to coach Richardson or any other coach. That ain't happening on my watch no matter how good Folsom is. My track record in this department is untouchable. You can bank that.

The Junkie

Last edited:
Reactions: thekingera
I honestly don’t know but I seen someone speak of badger and the Reno kids and that’s it and as far as dls said only player I ever heard they had from Sacramento was dj Williams
Bottom line bro, Badger chose coach Richardson over the Sheldon coach. The kid was a bono-fide stud for the Sheldon Jr. Huskies program. He ain't going no where but Sheldon on my watch. He's trying to get someone to bite and I'll be the one to bite. End of story.

Forst of all I have no horse in the race and don't care so never bitter. Have been a lifelong prep fan however . The choice had nothing to do with Cattalico for Badger, the 20-0 JV Qb and the running back as they were all Jr Huskies before Cattalico was coach. ALSO sheldon was coming off back to back 1-9 and 2-8 campaigns. From what I hear there was some sort of pop warner all star event at Sheldon and the team from Reno came. And for some peculiar reason the Reno express , and the Smedberg / Jr Huskie 3 headed monster all end up at Folsom . Undue influence ??? you be the judge. I bet if The JV Qb had his way he'd probably be back at Sheldon since he was a package deal with his buddy Badger and now will have to wait till senior year to lead the Bulldogs behind Bennett.
DLS also plucked a kid from the sac jr program. Stud Linebacker/ RB

Reactions: Deltadodger
Forst of all I have no horse in the race and don't care so never bitter. Have been a lifelong prep fan however . The choice had nothing to do with Cattalico for Badger, the 20-0 JV Qb and the running back as they were all Jr Huskies before Cattalico was coach. ALSO sheldon was coming off back to back 1-9 and 2-8 campaigns. From what I hear there was some sort of pop warner all star event at Sheldon and the team from Reno came. And for some peculiar reason the Reno express , and the Smedberg / Jr Huskie 3 headed monster all end up at Folsom . Undue influence ??? you be the judge. I bet if The JV Qb had his way he'd probably be back at Sheldon since he was a package deal with his buddy Badger and now will have to wait till senior year to lead the Bulldogs behind Bennett.
DLS also plucked a kid from the sac jr program. Stud Linebacker/ RB
Since you know the choice had nothing to do with one coach or the other why did the kid end up at another school outside his district? When you look at the big picture this came down to nothing other than coaching.

Are you saying the Badger kid transferred out of Sheldon because they were a bottom dweller in their league? Do you have the exact time when Badger transferred out? And are you saying Badger transferred out before Cattolico became the official coach of Sheldon in 2015?

Here's an article right after Cattolico took the Sheldon Head coach position. Take a look.:rolleyes: "The first job will be for me getting to know the kids and for the kids to get to know me," Cattolico said. "Relationships and chemistry are critical, so those things are first and foremost before any of the football-specific things." This article was printed on (December 16, 2015).

My point to you H.E.A.T. is in December 2015 Badger was in the 8th grade, right? During that time you said Badger was a Sheldon Jr. Husky stud while in middle school, right? So from December to June a new coach would have the green light to lock down Badger and his parent(s), right?

Look H.E.A.T, all I'm conveying to you is Badger goes no where if I'm the coach especially with a championship resume like Cattolico's. Let me tell you this, you cannot afford to lose talent in your own school district like Badger if you want to compete with Folsom. This is not a knock on Cattolico's coaching ability's but it is a simple fact if he wants to compete with Folsom on the grid iron he better keep the studs home. And to be totally honest with you I believe if both schools (Sheldon, Folsom) had equal talent Cattolico is the better coach without a doubt.

That said, Folsom is taking everyone's lunch money in the game of, "this is what our system will do for you". If you're a championship coach yourself you need to lock down players like Badger with a better sells pitch to the parents and the kid. You on here saying Badgers decision had nothing to do with Cattolico. Who told you that?

Last but not least, stop HATING on Folsom just because they're attracting quality players from other school districts. That's getting quite old now. And I know all about the Poly kid from the Sac area transferring to DLS. I know coaches at Sac High in which this is old news now. And they will tell you they need to step their game up and it won't happen again. They don't cry like little girls over a transfer.

Last edited:
Since you know the choice had nothing to do with one coach or the other why did the kid end up at another school outside his district? When you look at the big picture this came down to nothing other than coaching.

Are you saying the Badger kid transferred out of Sheldon because they were a bottom dweller in their league? Do you have the exact time when Badger transferred out? And are you saying Badger transferred out before Cattolico became the official coach of Sheldon in 2015?

Here's an article right after Cattolico took the Sheldon Head coach position. Take a look.:rolleyes: "The first job will be for me getting to know the kids and for the kids to get to know me," Cattolico said. "Relationships and chemistry are critical, so those things are first and foremost before any of the football-specific things." This article was printed on (December 16, 2015).

My point to you H.E.A.T. is in December 2015 Badger was in the 8th grade, right? During that time you said Badger was a Sheldon Jr. Husky stud while in middle school, right? So from December to June a new coach would have the green light to lock down Badger and his parent(s), right?

Look H.E.A.T, all I'm conveying to you is Badger goes no where if I'm the coach especially with a championship resume like Cattolico's. Let me tell you this, you cannot afford to lose talent in your own school district like Badger if you want to compete with Folsom. This is not a knock on Cattolico's coaching ability's but it is a simple fact if he wants to compete with Folsom on the grid iron he better keep the studs home. And to be totally honest with you I believe if both schools (Sheldon, Folsom) had equal talent Cattolico is the better coach without a doubt.

That said, Folsom is taking everyone's lunch money in the game of, "this is what our system will do for you". If you're a championship coach yourself you need to lock down players like Badger with a better sells pitch to the parents and the kid. You on here saying Badgers decision had nothing to do with Cattolico. Who told you that?

Last but not least, stop HATING on Folsom just because they're attracting quality players from other school districts. That's getting quite old now. And I know all about the Poly kid from the Sac area transferring to DLS. I know coaches at Sac High in which this is old news now. And they will tell you they need to step their game up and it won't happen again. They don't cry like little girls over a transfer.

There was a article in the sac bee that questioned why nobody is as supportive of folsoms state win as they were with previous state champ teams. And what you said kinda sums it up in a way GRANT is Sacramento’s favorite team because what they gotta get through in life so when they are good everybody backs them and they do it their way with their kids til this day it’s still the school in Sacramento with a lot of talent and size. Not to say other schools don’t but grants been having it since the 80s if grant was ran like folsom it’ll be the program to rival and top programs in the nation. FOLSOMS. Not Sacramento’s team it’s just that simple keep in mind it’s on year 7 of folsom being relevant in Sacramento football and having transfers are rubbing people the wrong way I don’t think parents like the fact that their kids wants to transfer out of folsom because kids folsom have transferring in. It’s high school you wanna cheer on the kids you watched grow up but sadly all high school football is ran like colleges now and you just cheer the logo

keep in mind it’s on year 7 of folsom being relevant in Sacramento football

It's year 10. And they had a few years in between back in the day. Also remmeber Folsom had more kids TRANSFER OUT than in the past few years. It's a competitive place to play. A lot of people don't or refuse to realize that. Grant is going to have an extremely tough time in the SFL next year. Tough time to transition.

It's year 10. And they had a few years in between back in the day. Also remmeber Folsom had more kids TRANSFER OUT than in the past few years. It's a competitive place to play. A lot of people don't or refuse to realize that. Grant is going to have an extremely tough time in the SFL next year. Tough time to transition

Didn’t win til 2010 and yeah 2018 will be fun year in the sfl. Nobody will be happy to play grant every year moving to the sfl night even help us keep players I’m sure they’d be more than excited to play folsom every year

There was a article in the sac bee that questioned why nobody is as supportive of folsoms state win as they were with previous state champ teams. And what you said kinda sums it up in a way GRANT is Sacramento’s favorite team because what they gotta get through in life so when they are good everybody backs them and they do it their way with their kids til this day it’s still the school in Sacramento with a lot of talent and size. Not to say other schools don’t but grants been having it since the 80s if grant was ran like folsom it’ll be the program to rival and top programs in the nation. FOLSOMS. Not Sacramento’s team it’s just that simple keep in mind it’s on year 7 of folsom being relevant in Sacramento football and having transfers are rubbing people the wrong way I don’t think parents like the fact that their kids wants to transfer out of folsom because kids folsom have transferring in. It’s high school you wanna cheer on the kids you watched grow up but sadly all high school football is ran like colleges now and you just cheer the logo
I agree that Grant is Sacramento's football team. Just as Crenshaw was LA Cities top basketball team in the 80's and 90's. But things can change. For example, when Crenshaw fell off a school called Dominguez of Compton emerged as the LA Cities top basketball program.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to ole mighty Grant but there are coaches out there that can take that title from coach Al. Casey Taylor and Ernie Cooper was trying to do just that. Cooper even beat the same team Al beat in a state championship game (LBP). Fortunately for Al, Cooper has retired and Casey might not be as good as advertised. We shall see. Also, if Sheldon start attracting kids from other districts and keep the Jr. Huskies talent in the program, look out.

When Damarcus Nelson and his lil big brother Boo was at Sheldon in the early 2000's they started building a household name for the Huskies basketball program. Even though the Sac High Dragons had been known as the top basketball school in Sacramento the Huskies was quickly becoming known as the top Sacramento basketball team.

So things can change in football if Grant don't make a championship run in the near future. You can only rest on your laurels for so long. I agree that Grant will always be Sac but Sac will adopt to another program if Grant falls off. It's the nature of the beast.

I agree that Grant is Sacramento's football team. Just as Crenshaw was LA Cities top basketball team in the 80's and 90's. But things can change. For example, when Crenshaw fell off a school called Dominguez of Compton emerged as the LA Cities top basketball program.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to ole mighty Grant but there are coaches out there that can take that title from coach Al. Casey Taylor and Ernie Cooper was trying to do just that. Cooper even beat the same team Al beat in a state championship game (LBP). Fortunately for Al, Cooper has retired and Casey might not be as good as advertised. We shall see. Also, if Sheldon start attracting kids from other districts and keep the Jr. Huskies talent in the program, look out.

When Damarcus Nelson and his lil big brother Boo was at Sheldon in the early 2000's they started building a household name for the Huskies basketball program. Even though the Sac High Dragons had been known as the top basketball school in Sacramento the Huskies was quickly becoming known as the top Sacramento basketball team.

So things can change in football if Grant don't make a championship run in the near future. You can only rest on your laurels for so long. I agree that Grant will always be Sac but Sac will adopt to another program if Grant falls off. It's the nature of the beast.
I agree. Folsom isn't really looked at as a "Sac team." 26 miles away and a completely different world. The SFL schools are a world away and in their own little region of suburbs if u will.

Yeah most definitely but grant won in 2014 not too distant but grant is actually in Sacramento those other schools aren’t grant no matter the record will have d1 talent and size when both teams are good folsom and grant or grant and any other team you’d feel more confident in grant vs an out of state opponent grants not too far away from being what they were they just have to realize teams adjust Now teams have play review on sidelines Now grant still calls plays based off what the coach wants and not by what the game is dictating

Yeah most definitely but grant won in 2014 not too distant but grant is actually in Sacramento those other schools aren’t grant no matter the record will have d1 talent and size when both teams are good folsom and grant or grant and any other team you’d feel more confident in grant vs an out of state opponent grants not too far away from being what they were they just have to realize teams adjust Now teams have play review on sidelines Now grant still calls plays based off what the coach wants and not by what the game is dictating
Agree Grant is Grant. Will always be known as the Sacramento power. But that doesn't mean a school a few miles away in the suburbs of Sacramento can't take their place.

In my opinion, Folsom is not that school. They will always be known as Folsom not Sacramento. But a school like Sheldon which lies on the border of Elk Grove and South Sacramento can definitely become known as a Sacramento power. Kids that play for Sac Vikings and Sac Raiders youth teams can easily be persuaded to play for Sheldon. You get a few of these studs along with the studs on the Sheldon Jr. Huskies and you could become a state power.

In regards to calling plays from the sideline I think it gives your team a disadvantage if you have a QB that has mastered the offense. I've always been a supporter of allowing the QB to call and change plays once they master the offense. The QB is a coach on the field so he feels the direction of the flow of the game more so than the coach. I do believe the coach has the last say on play calling. Once again, I believe in allowing the QB to call plays only if he's mastered the play book. I have no problem with that.

Agree Grant is Grant. Will always be known as the Sacramento power. But that doesn't mean a school a few miles away in the suburbs of Sacramento can't take their place.

In my opinion, Folsom is not that school. They will always be known as Folsom not Sacramento. But a school like Sheldon which lies on the border of Elk Grove and South Sacramento can definitely become known as a Sacramento power. Kids that play for Sac Vikings and Sac Raiders youth teams can easily be persuaded to play for Sheldon. You get a few of these studs along with the studs on the Sheldon Jr. Huskies and you could become a state power.

In regards to calling plays from the sideline I think it gives your team a disadvantage if you have a QB that has mastered the offense. I've always been a supporter of allowing the QB to call and change plays once they master the offense. The QB is a coach on the field so he feels the direction of the flow of the game more so than the coach. I do believe the coach has the last say on play calling. Once again, I believe in allowing the QB to call plays only if he's mastered the play book. I have no problem with that.

It’s almost impossible for Elk Grove to have an elite team it’s too many schools out there and now you have other teams dipping into that talent pool. Grant has its own players they need to retain but it’s mostly off the field issues that get players to either transfer out or not even enroll into grant after middle school. Any team can be Sacramento’s team but grant just passes the eye test. Losing Reggie Harris was a big blow people don’t realize that he had grant a step ahead with what’s going on rightnow in so cal he would’ve had grant on a level to compete with them

Ps. Grant junior pacers are probably the best youth program in sac rightnow 12u just went to Ohio for a game and won

It’s almost impossible for Elk Grove to have an elite team it’s too many schools out there and now you have other teams dipping into that talent pool. Grant has its own players they need to retain but it’s mostly off the field issues that get players to either transfer out or not even enroll into grant after middle school. Any team can be Sacramento’s team but grant just passes the eye test. Losing Reggie Harris was a big blow people don’t realize that he had grant a step ahead with what’s going on rightnow in so cal he would’ve had grant on a level to compete with them

Ps. Grant junior pacers are probably the best youth program in sac rightnow 12u just went to Ohio for a game and won
Not so fast my friend. I agree there's a good amount of schools in Elk Grove but if one school becomes a powerhouse program I can see the top youth kids in Elk Grove and South Sac attending that school. I mean if you have kids from Elk Grove and the surrounding areas fleeing into Folsom what makes you think they wouldn't stay in Elk Grove at a powerhouse program. All it takes is one player to start the wheels going and wah-la. Super athletic QB Kevin Frank played his youth football for the Sac Raiders program. Fastest kid I've seen on a Jr. Midget level in 2003. In 2006 and 2007 he miraculously became the starting QB for Elk Grove. In 2004 Elk Grove record was 7-5. In 2005 their record was 7-4. In 2006 they were 11-2 and in 2007 they were 12-1. And in no way am I saying the kid didn't reside in Elk Grove. All I'm saying is he was a South Sac kid that ended up at Elk Grove High. That said, I wouldn't under estimate the possibility of a team in Elk Grove becoming a SJS power. That's all I'm saying.

Now in regards to losing Reggie that was huge on many levels. Most head coaches need a coach that knows how to approach the inner city kids and that's what Reggie brought to the table for Grant. From what I've been told the kids respected Reggie more so than Al. Not a knock on Al but kids related to Reggie on a personal and life experience level. Reggie and I have a lot in common in this aspect of the game. It seems like Reggie and Al had a great relationship on and off the field. A lot of head coaches don't know how to handle a coach in which the inner city kids respect. Everyone has an ego. Btw, congrats to the Jr. Pacers on a great year.

Not so fast my friend. I agree there's a good amount of schools in Elk Grove but if one school becomes a powerhouse program I can see the top youth kids in Elk Grove and South Sac attending that school. I mean if you have kids from Elk Grove and the surrounding areas fleeing into Folsom what makes you think they wouldn't stay in Elk Grove at a powerhouse program. All it takes is one player to start the wheels going and wah-la. Super athletic QB Kevin Frank played his youth football for the Sac Raiders program. Fastest kid I've seen on a Jr. Midget level in 2003. In 2006 and 2007 he miraculously became the starting QB for Elk Grove. In 2004 Elk Grove record was 7-5. In 2005 their record was 7-4. In 2006 they were 11-2 and in 2007 they were 12-1. And in no way am I saying the kid didn't reside in Elk Grove. All I'm saying is he was a South Sac kid that ended up at Elk Grove High. That said, I wouldn't under estimate the possibility of a team in Elk Grove becoming a SJS power. That's all I'm saying.

Now in regards to losing Reggie that was huge on many levels. Most head coaches need a coach that knows how to approach the inner city kids and that's what Reggie brought to the table for Grant. From what I've been told the kids respected Reggie more so than Al. Not a knock on Al but kids related to Reggie on a personal and life experience level. Reggie and I have a lot in common in this aspect of the game. It seems like Reggie and Al had a great relationship on and off the field. A lot of head coaches don't know how to handle a coach in which the inner city kids respect. Everyone has an ego. Btw, congrats to the Jr. Pacers on a great year.
But the line between south sac and Elk Grove is thin. You’d pick Elk Grove over schools like Burbank, Sheldon, Kennedy, mcclatchy, Valley hi. especially when it comes to off the field issues that plague inner city schools. Folsom offers no off the field issues. Now combined that with all the schools that packed within Elk Grove it’ll be hard to have 1 dominant school I’m sure they’re strict with their boundaries set for transferring consumnes oaks even have a couple studs there. CC will be dipping into Elk Grove sooner than later

Folsom offers no off the field issues.
That's some of the attraction. Many parts of elk grove are now basically south sac with a bit better schools and newer housing. Still seems like the best athletes are going east to the foothills.

Football Junkie before you assume what you could do as a coach to keep a kid you must first understand there are CIF rules and then there are ELK GROVE Unified rules. In EG you are not allowed to talk to 8th grade parents and kids . CIF doesn't care . Also you are right he was in 8th grade along with the QB and RB who are all at Folsom . I never said anything about transferring . AND again no one is hating on Folsom . Just stating facts especially to those ones on this board who would say Folsom kids are all from Folsom

Just stating facts especially to those ones on this board who would say Folsom kids are all from Folsom
1. Nobody said that.
2. NOT ONE SCHOOL has every single player that is from within the school boundary. Kids go where they will be seen and will be successful.
3. We are all aware of the rules.
4. If you don't like kids going to other schools like Folsom or Oak Ridge, do something to change it.

Simple.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Football Junkie before you assume what you could do as a coach to keep a kid you must first understand there are CIF rules and then there are ELK GROVE Unified rules. In EG you are not allowed to talk to 8th grade parents and kids . CIF doesn't care . Also you are right he was in 8th grade along with the QB and RB who are all at Folsom . I never said anything about transferring . AND again no one is hating on Folsom . Just stating facts especially to those ones on this board who would say Folsom kids are all from Folsom

EGUSD Code of Ethical Conduct

The District shall implement the following listed standards of ethical conduct for each temporary, probationary, permanent, contracted employee (e.g., athletic trainer), of the District who provides supervisory and instructional services in interscholastic athletic programs and activities. Such persons providing service shall:

1. Show respect for players, parents, other coaches, and staff. (Don't apply)

2. Respect the integrity and judgment of the game officials. (Don't apply)

3. Establish and model fair play, sportsmanship, and proper conduct during practices/contests and in the community. (Don't apply)

4. Establish player safety and welfare as the highest priority. If there is any question as to the extent of an injury, a physician must be consulted, and a written release obtained. (Don't apply)

5. Provide proper supervision of student-athletes while under the coach’s direction. (Don't apply)

6. Use discretion and proper language when providing constructive criticism and when reprimanding players – use of profanity is unacceptable. (Don't apply)

7. Understand the proper administrative chain of command and refer all requests or grievances through proper channels, i.e., equipment purchases, fundraising, program funding, eligibility, etc. (Don't apply)

8. Consistently require all players to adhere to the established rules and standards of the game. (Don't apply)

9. Properly instruct players in the safe use and care of equipment and uniforms. (Don't apply)

10. Not recruit student-athletes from other Schools.

(Fyi, Fledburg Middle School and Feldon High School is one of the same. So getting the message to the kid and parents how staying at Fledburg/Feldon would greatly benefit him isn't recruiting him from another school or schools. If you know anything about coaching this rule is somewhat vague in many ways. Pop Warner kids are in play big time before they reach high school. This is the foundation that builds National, State and Perennial powers. And when your program is on the rise student-athletes from other high schools and middle schools will seek you out like they're seeking out Folsom. Since I'm out of the game now I have no problem showing you parts of my handbook on how this crucial part of the game works without being reprimanded as a coach).

11. Not exert undue influence on a student-athlete’s decision to enroll in a particular athletic program at a public or private post-secondary educational institution. (Don't apply)

12. Not suggest, provide, or encourage any athlete to use non-prescriptive drugs, anabolic steroids, or any substance to increase physical development or performance that is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Surgeon General, or the American Medical Association. (Don't apply)

CIF RULES
Now you show me where it says a coach is not allowed to tell a kid he's a stud and he reminds him of a player he coached a few years back and so on and so on............................. Every coaching job I got I knew I was being hired months before accepting the job. Coaches try to keep this news under wraps until their predecessor is gone. Not to go into great details but it takes a great communicator, people person and a likable person to attract players to a program without mentioning a word that you're the next head coach. And to be honest, you're not the person to tell me this cannot be done when I've done it without breaking any School District or CIF rules.

And let me tell you this. Because of my impeccable communication skills with players and parents I've helped programs in both the NCS and SJS to become section powers as well as section champions. So I hear you, but I was that guy. Now I'm going to sit that right there because I'm not going to get into particulars on which schools and all of that.

And let me tell you this. Because of my impeccable communication skills with players and parents I've helped programs in both the NCS and SJS to become section powers as well as section champions. So I hear you, but I was that guy. Now I'm going to sit that right there because I'm not going to get into particulars on which schools and all of that.
You the man junkie!

Stop co-signing bro. I don't need one. My record stands on it's on and speaks for itself.

Lol damn but you down playing the coaches involvement with transfers it’s not always the kids idea especially if they played youth football in a different area. Youth football is where a lot of the persuasion takes place

1. Nobody said that.
2. NOT ONE SCHOOL has every single player that is from within the school boundary. Kids go where they will be seen and will be successful.
3. We are all aware of the rules.
4. If you don't like kids going to other schools like Folsom or Oak Ridge, do something to change it.

Simple.
Try to read and not interpret and twist things . In reply to your number 1 if you were on the board long enough you would know there were posters who stood by all being Folsoms own. Junkie made reference to Cattalico being able to speak to kids between dec and June. Can't happen in EGUSD so he doesn't know the rules.
Furthermore I could give a shit less where kids go to school . Doesn't change my life one bit. It's just conversation.
#2 I would agree that some schools this is true but to bold type NOT ONE SCHOOL your trippin

Try to read and not interpret and twist things . In reply to your number 1 if you were on the board long enough you would know there were posters who stood by all being Folsoms own. Junkie made reference to Cattalico being able to speak to kids between dec and June. Can't happen in EGUSD so he doesn't know the rules.
Furthermore I could give a shit less where kids go to school . Doesn't change my life one bit. It's just conversation.
#2 I would agree that some schools this is true but to bold type NOT ONE SCHOOL your trippin
Kids to where they will have success and be seen by the most and best recruiters. Right now that's Folsom.

No need to take it personally.

Lol damn but you down playing the coaches involvement with transfers it’s not always the kids idea especially if they played youth football in a different area. Youth football is where a lot of the persuasion takes place
Not at all am I down playing the coach's involvement. The coach is the reason why the kids either attend a school before ninth grade or transfer into another school after ninth grade. We all know that. All I was saying is a coach can persuade a kid without breaking any rules. But you're 100% correct that most of the persuasion is done on the youth level before they reach high school.

Show me the rule in the EGUSD that states a coach cannot compliment a player that's in his school boundary. Weather the kid plays for the Sac Vikings or the Sac Raiders. If the kid goes to school in the coaches boundary while playing for these organizations the coach has the right to compliment that kid on his play just like anyone else.

Now I just gave you the EGUSD rules and no where in them did it say a coach cannot speak or compliment a kid in his school boundary. So if you're going to say I don't know the rules post here the EGUSD rules where it says a coach cannot speak to a kid in his boundary. Until then, you don't know the rules.

Kids to where they will have success and be seen by the most and best recruiters. Right now that's Folsom.

No need to take it personally.
And this is why players from other schools inside and outside Folsom's district seek Folsom. I'm not going to lie, I would. If I lived in Grants school boundary along with Ray Ray, June Bug, Bubba and myself and we're fighting for two positions and the coach didn't favor me I'm taking my talents to Folsom. Forget what you heard, I'm trying to get a free ride to college. And Folsom looks promising from what I've been told. Okay.

And this is why players from other schools inside and outside Folsom's district seek Folsom. I'm not going to lie, I would. If I lived in Grants school boundary along with Ray Ray, June Bug, Bubba and myself and we're fighting for two positions and the coach didn't favor me I'm taking my talents to Folsom. Forget what you heard, I'm trying to get a free ride to college. And Folsom looks promising from what I've been told. Okay.
The board has been predicting Folsoms demise for the last 5 years. Still nothing. And they're still predicting the same thing lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT