ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom wins 3rd state title in 7 years

The board has been predicting Folsoms demise for the last 5 years. Still nothing. And they're still predicting the same thing lol
I disagree with that. I think most of us knowledgeable posters/coaches/ex-coaches/Monday morning QB's here wish Folsom well but we would like to see Coach Richardson do a better job at challenging the program. Speaking for myself this is what I would like to see. He does this I will give him the same praise/credit I gave coach Galli on his Pitt schedule.

I disagree with that. I think most of us knowledgeable posters/coaches/ex-coaches/Monday morning QB's here wish Folsom well but we would like to see Coach Richardson do a better job at challenging the program. Speaking for myself this is what I would like to see. He does this I will give him the same praise/credit I gave coach Galli on his Pitt schedule.
I'm more referring to the handful of trolls on here. Not a large majority.

Right nobody wished folsom fails and nobody could predict years ago that folsom would be getting transfers. Transfers are getting them by how much different would they look than oak ridge or gb if it wasn’t for the express and some Elk Grove kids...Folsom is doing what it needs to do to stay relevant which we understand now we want to see them challenge themselves or else it looks like they need transfers to compete in the sjs. But kudos to Richardson if in fact he does line up a schedule like Pitt we all agree if any year next year is the year to go aggressive and I’ll promise the forum will be rooting on folsom

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Folsom has built up a program/reputation as the top public school in NorCal. Success and winning draws in talent, just like we've seen at various private schools. With easement of transfer rules more kids will find their way to Folsom because of their success.

Folsom has built up a program/reputation as the top public school in NorCal. Success and winning draws in talent, just like we've seen at various private schools. With easement of transfer rules more kids will find their way to Folsom because of their success.
Agreed accept for transfer rules are changing a bit within the district. It will be interesting if this causes any changes. @H.E.A.T. has boasted that these rules will be the end of Folsom as we know it. Should be interesting.

Transfers are getting them by how much different would they look than oak ridge or gb if it wasn’t for the express and some Elk Grove kids...
I say every three years they are Trosin and Graves good. Not a state or national power but a SJS section power and perhaps a NorCal power. However, a little better than both GB and OR most years. They smoked OR in 2008. They smoked both GB and OR in 2009. Smoked OR again in 2010. Owned OR again in 2011. Embarrassed OR in 2012. They destroyed OR twice and smoked GB as well in 2013. In 2014 the building of a super Folsom team had come full circle. So even though Folsom wasn't in super mode in the mid to late 2000's they were better than both OR and GB.

Do you think he really cares what people on this forum would like to see? I highly doubt he even knows or cares about these forums!

That's all great but at the end of the day coach Richardson will be judged by many coaches here on his quality of wins not how many wins. It's obvious you only care about how many games Folsom wins. As a coach I care about the games you win when you're not necessarily the favorite. This seems to be huge for most posters here as well. I'll take quality wins over quantity wins all day long. And when coach Richardson starts scheduling quality opponents as Galli and other coaches in NorCal has done I'll tip my hat to him. Until then, you and Jimmy have the right to support his lack luster scheduling practice just as I have the right to look down on it.

The Junkie

That's all great but at the end of the day coach Richardson will be judged by many coaches here on his quality of wins not how many wins. It's obvious you only care about how many games Folsom wins. As a coach I care about the games you win when you're not necessarily the favorite. This seems to be huge for most posters here as well. I'll take quality wins over quantity wins all day long. And when coach Richardson starts scheduling quality opponents as Galli and other coaches in NorCal has done I'll tip my hat to him. Until then, you and Jimmy have the right to support his lack luster scheduling practice just as I have the right to look down on it.

The Junkie
Since 2010 the highest ranked they ever faced was dls but that was because they had to other than that grant was their best team they ever faced let’s be real I believe Now he wants to face a good opponent but their previous schedules say the we’re content with being a good local team...you can’t always assume you’d get some really good players via transfers

we’re content with being a good local team
Good local teams don't won 3 state titles in 7 years.

Good local teams are teams like Rancho Cotate, Vacaville, Cardinal Newman, and Jesuit. Folsom is obviously on a whole other galaxy compared to those teams. That's no slight at those programs whatsoever. I think they are great. But this is for perspective.

Last edited:

Good local teams are teams like Rancho Cotate, Vacaville, Cardinal Newman, and Jesuit. Folsom is obviously on a whole other galaxy compared to those teams. That's no slight at those programs whatsoever. I think they are great. But this is for perspective.

Stop spreading fake news. I understand you are bitter about Grant but let's keep it positive. The constant jabs at Folsom are extremely old. Give the kids a thumbs up and move on. The obsession is bizarre.
Ok I see you wanna get people banned today that’s the secret agenda

The Junkie
I'm not looking down on anything. I'm just stating a fact! He could care less about what you think? I would like to see them play the best and win, but at the end of the day, do you really think, they care about you tipping your hat to him?

Since 2010 the highest ranked they ever faced was dls but that was because they had to other than that grant was their best team they ever faced let’s be real I believe Now he wants to face a good opponent but their previous schedules say the we’re content with being a good local team...you can’t always assume you’d get some really good players via transfers
He was forced to play DLS and was forced to play Grant the second time around at Sac State. The initial scheduling of Grant was to try to catch Grant a few years after the State Championship run in their rebuilding period. Smart move. So if you look at the big picture Folsom has been very selective in scheduling teams with a stronger roster than theirs over the past decade. It's time to break that tired habit and schedule teams that are proven state and national powers.

The initial scheduling of Grant was to try to catch Grant a few years after the State Championship run in their rebuilding period.
Fake news again. You left out the part where Grant, a D1 team was beat by Folsom, a d2 team that year at Sac State, handily. The initial scheduling was one of the biggest games in SJS history and was on ESPN, national TV. I don't think anyone was catching Grant off guard. Lol. C'mon Junkie, you're better than That!

Reactions: awood1
He was forced to play DLS and was forced to play Grant the second time around at Sac State. The initial scheduling of Grant was to try to catch Grant a few years after the State Championship run in their rebuilding period. Smart move. So if you look at the big picture Folsom has been very selective in scheduling teams with a stronger roster than theirs over the past decade. It's time to break that tired habit and schedule teams that are proven state and national powers.

Naw that 2010 team was loaded 2-3 nfl players on it when they played folsom in 2011 that team was average but had Shaq and ended up beating folsom by 20

I'm not looking down on anything. I'm just stating a fact! He could care less about what you think? I would like to see them play the best and win, but at the end of the day, do you really think, they care about you tipping your hat to him?
Just as you say they don't care about what I think, I don't care if the coach cares if I tip my hat to them or not for challenging his program. All I'm saying is he cannot say his program is on the same level as the Cali programs that have challenged themselves. Long Beach Poly went to Florida in 2008 and beat the breaks of Florida national power NorthWestern. DLS went out of state and beat national powers from many states. St. John Bosco schedules out of state national powers yearly and plays in state powers yearly as well. Cen10 and Mater Dei does the same as SJB. As a matter of fact, Vista Murrieta has a more challenging schedule than Folsom and they're a bottom dweller in the SouthWestern conference. They scheduled Colquitt County, Mission Viejo, Orange Lutheran and JSerra. However you slice it, it's sad when a non Cali state champion has a better SOS than Folsom.

However you slice it, it's sad when a non Cali state champion has a better SOS than Folsom.
Interesting since Folsoms SOS was darn close to DLS without playing any of the out of state or socal powers you mention. Just say something about their league and non league schedule. I like to go off the numbers and not emotions.

Here’s some perspective Folsom wouldn’t have 2 of those championships if their parents hadn’t complained and written letters to the SJS commissioner.So congratulations

Here’s some perspective Folsom wouldn’t have 2 of those championships if their parents hadn’t complained and written letters to the SJS commissioner.So congratulations
Ahhh more fake news for the day.

Commendable.

If an entire section rule was able to be changed by parents of one team out of hundreds, then I think you and the other handful of Folsom fan posters should get together and also write a letter to him. If it was that easy to change, I'm sure he'd gladly switch it back for the NorCalPreps community ;)

Last edited:

Stop stating facts before you get people in trouble

Ahhh more fake news for the day.

Commendable.

If an entire section rule was able to be changed by parents of one team out of hundreds, then I think you and the other handful of Folsom fan posters should get together and also write a letter to him. If it was that easy to change, I'm sure he'd gladly switch it back for the NorCalPreps community ;)
Fake news is yours.Did not The Folsom community complain? Did not 9 months later the rule get changed?

Highly doubtful. 2014 team had a great shot to beat CC in the open. This year they would have lost to MD. So they'd really have 2 IMHO, even without the rule. Which is pretty darn good for a public in a 7 year time span.

Reactions: Deltadodger
Fake news is yours.Did not The Folsom community complain? Did not 9 months later the rule get changed?
100 percent false. Although there were parents quoted to say in a newspaper article that they were unhappy about the system as it was. And rightfully so. But there is zero evidence of ANY parents writing letters. And the SJS would not change a rule on a playoff format based on a few letters from parents from one school out of hundreds. Fake news.

Although speaking of letters. The SJS received many letters complaining about the Ngata brothers coming to Folsom. They stated this publicly. Guess what changed? Nothing.

Last edited:
100 percent false.

Although speaking of letters. The SJS received many letters complaining about the Ngata brothers coming to Folsom. They stated this publicly. Guess what changed? Nothing.
100% true there is even written articles to prove it.

100% true there is even written articles to prove it.
This is you're chance. Re-read my post and then post an article where it says the parents from Folsom wrote letters(didn't just complain in an article) to the SJS, which caused the SJS to change the rule.

I will awaiting this evidence.

Naw that 2010 team was loaded 2-3 nfl players on it when they played folsom in 2011 that team was average but had Shaq and ended up beating folsom by 20
I agree and I never said Grant's 2010 team wasn't loaded. All I was saying is Folsom probably wasn't expecting Grant to be so loaded when they scheduled them.

I agree and never said Grant's 2010 team wasn't loaded. All I was saying is Folsom probably wasn't expecting Grant to be so loaded when they scheduled them.
Lol the game was on ESPN and billed as the best match up in the SJS in decades. Nobody was catching anyone off guard. Grant had NFL players. We had Dano Graves. Lol

They complained,wrote letters and dropped voice mails in December 13 and magically the ruled is changed August of 14 lol

“I’ve been doing this long enough where I get all the positions,” Saco said. “I get where Folsom is coming from. I’m about doing what’s right. I want to defend and support the schools in the section.”

LOL- NO WHERE in the article does it say ANY FOLSOM parent wrote letters to the CIF.

Here is one quote- "Another Folsom resident, who wished to remain anonymous, also wrote a letter to the TELEGRAPH saying a lawsuit should be filed against the CIF utilizing state sports title data to prove private and public schools should never play each other in the CIF state playoff structure. The resident, who has no ties to the Folsom football program or the high school, said there should be a title path in which private schools play for a state title and a separate path for public schools to battle for the state title."

Oh, and a "bad" voice mail-
"Folsom’s second blowout loss in as many years to De La Salle in the Northern California open championship football game have some parents and fans grumbling about the playoff system.

One, in fact, called Sac-Joaquin Section commissioner Pete Saco and left him what he described as the worst voice mail he’s received in 21 years."

Still waiting on all those "letters from ALL the parents." :) By the way- The Folsom Telegraph is a local newspaper. It is not the CIF office. Fake news.

Jennifer Cartier, whose son Nick Bolling is a senior offensive lineman on Folsom’s team, wrote a letter to The Folsom Telegraph, and also to other media outlets and the California Interscholastic Federation, the ruling body of all high school sports in the state.

Reading is fundamental.Any complaints to Saco is complaining to the governing body

Jennifer Cartier, whose son Nick Bolling is a senior offensive lineman on Folsom’s team, wrote a letter to The Folsom Telegraph, and also to other media outlets and the California Interscholastic Federation, the ruling body of all high school sports in the state.
You stated "Folsom parent(s) wrote letters to the CIF and got them to change the rule. I am struggling to read where it says parents(s). Your article cited ONE parent. No rules are changed based on "Jennifer's letter."

LOL fake news again!

Here’s some perspective Folsom wouldn’t have 2 of those championships if their parents hadn’t complained and written letters to the SJS commissioner.
So, now it's only one parent? And that ONE parent changed a rule for an entire section?

I need to get that parent on our "parent squad."

So, now it's only one parent? And that ONE parent changed a rule for an entire section?

I need to get that parent on our "parent squad."

Lol cling to your semantics i’ll Stand on the evidence i’ve Presented and not your opinion which is all you have

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT