ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom wins 3rd state title in 7 years

Lol cling to your semantics i’ll Stand on the evidence i’ve Presented and not your opinion which is all you have
LOL you have been proven wrong. You might want to take that argument over to PrepGridIron ;)

LOL you have been proven wrong. You might want to take that argument over to PrepGridIron ;)

No you asked for a article I provided one showing how parents and community complained.There is no debating my claim.I’ve provided proof.
You on the other hand have provided nothing but your emotions and opinion . I will let the community of this board decide who was proven right or wrong

Folsom wouldn’t have 2 of those championships if their parents hadn’t complained and written letters to the SJS commissioner
You stated PARENTS. You provided one parent. Jennifer....who has supposedly lobbied the SJS to change the rule forever.

Wow. Super parent I guess.

You stated PARENTS. You provided one parent. Jennifer....who has supposedly lobbied the SJS to change the rule forever.

Wow. Super parent I guess.

Lol you are missing the forest because of the trees.My Point has been verified.No complaints = no 3 state championships.You still haven’t provided one shred of evidence that my original statement is false..This leads me to believe you know you wouldn’t have beaten DLS in 14-17.Thats what should be your argument not weather I added a “S”

You still haven’t provided one shred of evidence that my original statement is false
I have. Providing ONE article in FOLSOMS local newspaper, citing ONE letter from a disgruntled mom, is hardly EVIDENCE that the CIF changed the rules because of her. LOL more fake news! You stated PARENTS and provided ONE disgruntled mom named Jennifer.

In this court of opinion- we have been found NOT guilty, due to the lack of evidence. lol. I am sure we could also change the entire tax system in CA because "jennifer" wrote a letter to the governor!

100 percent false. Although there were parents quoted to say in a newspaper article that they were unhappy about the system as it was. And rightfully so. But there is zero evidence of ANY parents writing letters. And the SJS would not change a rule on a playoff format based on a few letters from parents from one school out of hundreds. Fake news.

Although speaking of letters. The SJS received many letters complaining about the Ngata brothers coming to Folsom. They stated this publicly. Guess what changed? Nothing.

Well they kids did change it cause isn’t there a transfer rule in place now? Like I states a while ago if I was a parent and my kid wants to transfer out of folsom because they got some transfers I’d be mad
I agree and I never said Grant's 2010 team wasn't loaded. All I was saying is Folsom probably wasn't expecting Grant to be so loaded when they scheduled them.

Everybody knew they were ranked top 10 in the nation in 2008 and they were top 10 again in 2009 Richardson knew exactly what grant was gonna be in 2010...the unknown was their 2011 match up

Good local teams don't won 3 state titles in 7 years.

Good local teams are teams like Rancho Cotate, Vacaville, Cardinal Newman, and Jesuit. Folsom is obviously on a whole other galaxy compared to those teams. That's no slight at those programs whatsoever. I think they are great. But this is for perspective.
It's pretty obvious that they are a level above good local teams, but the predominant feeling is fans would like to see Folsom play games that supports that belief. I also realize the powers to be could care less on what a bunch of HS fans on a forum think.

Interesting since Folsoms SOS was darn close to DLS without playing any of the out of state or socal powers you mention. Just say something about their league and non league schedule. I like to go off the numbers and not emotions.
I'm pretty sure Junkie was talking about VM SOS when he made his comment about the non state champion SOS. I don't believe his comment had anything to do with DLS. I actually don't know VM number, but they clearly played some serious high level teams and their isn't much of argument where you could say Folsom played an equal schedule to VM.

Again you miss the point .if the community doesn’t complain to Saco he has no reason to “understand where Folsom is coming from” this is where the Folsom community got the ball rolling.So yes one letter or phone call or voice mail or all together to the right person Can make change as shown in this instance

So yes one letter or phone call or voice mail or all together to the right person Can make change as shown in this instance
So you are standing by the notion, AS FACT, that one call from a disgruntled parent can change an entire CIF rule?

Need to get this parent on my staff!

Interesting. ;)

Well they kids did change it cause isn’t there a transfer rule in place now? Like I states while ago if I was a parent and my kid wants to transfer out of folsom because they got some transfers I’d be mad

Everybody knew they were ranked top 10 in the nation in 2008 and they were top 10 again in 2009 Richardson knew exactly what grant was gonna be in 2010...the unknown was their 2011 match up
If that's the case I stand corrected. So Richardson knew a loss to Grant wouldn't matter much but a win would mean everything and some. And that seems to be a pattern in the way he's scheduling preseason games. For example, in 2014 he schedule a good Cathedral Catholic San Diego Private instead of a very good athletic Helix or Oceanside Public. In 2015 Richardson schedule a decent NCS team in CVC. The rest of their preseason was against teams they knew they would boat race. He could have scheduled at least one SoCal power as well. In 2016 Richardson scheduled a decent OOS Idaho team that is known to field a nation top 100 team every 5-6 years. Coeur d'Alene isn't known for beating anyone on the national level. This was the year to schedule Cali Public powers Cen10, Mission Viejo or Chaminade. And it was the year to schedule OOS Public powers like Chandler (AZ), Bingham (UT), Roswell (GA) or Bellevue (WA).

Last edited:
I'm not looking down on anything. I'm just stating a fact! He could care less about what you think? I would like to see them play the best and win, but at the end of the day, do you really think, they care about you tipping your hat to him?
Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for nonleague games to challenge their club, but that’s often easier said than done as some teams may have a Week 1 and 3 opening while others have a Week 2 and 4 opening.

“I keep telling Kris, ‘We gotta find someone big on our schedule!’” Fresques said. “We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don’t fit. It could take two or three years to get them in.”

The players will take on anyone – hello, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, Chaminade, Mission Viejo?

“We just want to make sure we’re ready, and we’ll be ready,” said Bennett, the Bulldogs quarterback.
Link: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article190187189.html

Sounds like they're listening to someone to me. Because these are the very programs I've been saying they should play. Research my history here.

The Junkie

Coach Richardson and lead assistant Bobby Fresques are scrambling for nonleague games to challenge their club, but that’s often easier said than done as some teams may have a Week 1 and 3 opening while others have a Week 2 and 4 opening.

“I keep telling Kris, ‘We gotta find someone big on our schedule!’” Fresques said. “We tried to schedule De La Salle, but the openings don’t fit. It could take two or three years to get them in.”

The players will take on anyone – hello, Mater Dei, St. John Bosco, Chaminade, Mission Viejo?

“We just want to make sure we’re ready, and we’ll be ready,” said Bennett, the Bulldogs quarterback.
Link: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article190187189.html

Sounds like they're listening to someone to me. Because these are the very programs I've been saying they should play. Research my history here.

The Junkie

The part that you highlighted is not in quotations, meaning the author of the article added that sentence himself. He might be reading the posts on this site.

The part that you highlighted is not in quotations, meaning the author of the article added that sentence himself. He might be reading the posts on this site.
True, but for the author to bring those programs up tells me those teams are reaching the Folsom program if we want to believe it or not. I haven't seen those names other than DLS tied to the Folsom program until this article. Chaminade??? I brought them up a while ago as a public Folsom should look to play. Same goes for Mission Viejo. I'll say this, I don't care who influences Folsom to step their pre-season SOS game up just do it for NorCal football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT