ADVERTISEMENT

Games you would like to see

That was one of the most miserable weather for any game I had been to since Oakdale v St Mary's in 1972. The difference in the Placer vOakdales fb game on the extra point Placer kicker hit goal post and went out Oakdale hit post went in.
Placer’s xtra pt and fg kicker that yr was their very fast wr Darrin Centi,he got injured in previous game and was out of the line-up.We brought up jv’s fg kicker for that game vs the Stangs in that monsooooooon of a playoff game,it was BAD.The kid missed pretty much a chip shot to win the game.Placer scored first and he clanked and missed the xtra pt,6-0 Placer.Then Oakdale scored and made their clank 7-6 Stangs,no more scoring opportunities bk and forth bk and forth no yds no nada....no traction lol.Placer than late had a chance and he went high left just outside bar........Oakdale ran out last few seconds,game over....Oakdale wins 7-6.....lol.But we all had a very good time in the rooter bus tents before game......plenty to eat,plenty to drink....hot or cold(wink)lol.Great game,great fans,great time......two great communities who love their local team......poor weather though!

Reactions: rocknrolus 12
Placer’s xtra pt and fg kicker that yr was their very fast wr Darrin Centi,he got injured in previous game and was out of the line-up.We brought up jv’s fg kicker for that game vs the Stangs in that monsooooooon of a playoff game,it was BAD.The kid missed pretty much a chip shot to win the game.Placer scored first and he clanked and missed the xtra pt,6-0 Placer.Then Oakdale scored and made their clank 7-6 Stangs,no more scoring opportunities bk and forth bk and forth no yds no nada....no traction lol.Placer than late had a chance and he went high left just outside bar........Oakdale ran out last few seconds,game over....Oakdale wins 7-6.....lol.But we all had a very good time in the rooter bus tents before game......plenty to eat,plenty to drink....hot or cold(wink)lol.Great game,great fans,great time......two great communities who love their local team......poor weather though!

Miserable weather. I was at the game. Partied all the way there on the bus and all the way back. I felt bad for the Placer kid that missed the FG. I heard the starter was hurt and the sophomore had to start. I remember the boy falling to his knees and crying after he missed it. Game could have went either way. I remember sitting there thinking we just lost this game. I couldn't even look while the ball was being kicked. All of a sudden I hear our crowd cheering/screaming and going crazy. I could' believe we won that game. We had the bus stop halfway back to Oakdale and bought champagne and popped them open on the bus ride back home.

Miserable weather. I was at the game. Partied all the way there on the bus and all the way back. I felt bad for the Placer kid that missed the FG. I heard the starter was hurt and the sophomore had to start. I remember the boy falling to his knees and crying after he missed it. Game could have went either way. I remember sitting there thinking we just lost this game. I couldn't even look while the ball was being kicked. All of a sudden I hear our crowd cheering/screaming and going crazy. I could' believe we won that game. We had the bus stop halfway back to Oakdale and bought champagne and popped them open on the bus ride back home.
Yeah the soph kicker turned out to be a 2 way Star rb/lb on varsity,he was put into the limelight on a monstrous fg attempt under obscene weather conditions.We all felt bad for the kid that night....everyone did!But it’s football it happens and could happen to anyone,Lady Luck some times IS and sometimes ISN’T on your side.........all in all as I said earlier.....2 good programs,2 great communities that love their local boys...and the Auburn-Oakdale communities have great people with great respect for one another,regardless who wins the game.

This is a good description of the night. But Champ is leaving out that him and his much more attractive lady prepared the food us Oakdaliuns . Since it was a high school game we leave out the shots to keep us warm!

Reactions: championcif75
Yup. I would love Liberty vs Folsom though. I think that would be a shootout.
Would like Pitt vs Folsom

I’m not sure either Liberty (admission haven’t seen play yet) or Pitt (IMO always seem to underachieve) would fare well against Folsom. My point on Folsom is schedule. They want to be looked at like a elite team etc yet schedule always seems a little suspect. Like this year they book Chaminade? Everybody knows Chaminade was down this year going in, they lost lost a ton to talent to graduation. SJB was calling them out, CC was openly looking to play anybody (huge props Pitt they stepped up here) and Folsom books Chaminade. WTH is that about.

Reactions: THEOC89
I think Liberty holds on against Folsom this year. Def competes better than anybody from around SJS. Don't think they would win but think it would be a 4 QTR game.

This is a good description of the night. But Champ is leaving out that him and his much more attractive lady prepared the food us Oakdaliuns . Since it was a high school game we leave out the shots to keep us warm!
Lol,thanks rock the lil lady said thanks also,yeah I forgot there was a few keep yourself warm bottles being passed around aaaaahaha.As I said it was a Great game,Great fans and Great friendships were made....we here in Auburn had a fabulous time that nite even in defeat.

I’m not sure either Liberty (admission haven’t seen play yet) or Pitt (IMO always seem to underachieve) would fare well against Folsom. My point on Folsom is schedule. They want to be looked at like a elite team etc yet schedule always seems a little suspect. Like this year they book Chaminade? Everybody knows Chaminade was down this year going in, they lost lost a ton to talent to graduation. SJB was calling them out, CC was openly looking to play anybody (huge props Pitt they stepped up here) and Folsom books Chaminade. WTH is that about.

They played DLS. How is that suspect?

Agree about Pitt underachieving. A waste of talent in some ways.They don’t seem to do well when expectations are higher, like they were going into this season. Still, a very good team, but greatness seems to elude them.

They played DLS. How is that suspect?

That’s a great start sure. Book a week one match up when neither team is really clicking and see if you can win. Then book a bunch of question marks and Cruz through league. That’s the problem with NorCal football and why DLS is so dominate in the area.

I agree with your main point whereas Folsom schedule has been a joke for at least a decade. That said, I respect them for scheduling a SS power no matter if their down or not. This is a move in the right direction if you ask me. Let's see if they build on this or regress back to their old scheduling ways which is to schedule teams they know they'll beat. Just my 0.2 cents.

...I respect them for scheduling a SS power no matter if their down or not. This is a move in the right direction if you ask me. Let's see if they build on this or regress back to their old scheduling ways which is to schedule teams they know they'll beat...
Agree. If indeed Folsom has a home and home with the Green Machine then schedules one of Cen10/MD/SJB/BG then IMO they are making good scheduling progress. Beating any one of these teams will build on Folsom’s national legitimacy. Of course beating DLS has its own legitimacy.

I agree with your main point whereas Folsom schedule has been a joke for at least a decade. That said, I respect them for scheduling a SS power no matter if their down or not. This is a move in the right direction if you ask me. Let's see if they build on this or regress back to their old scheduling ways which is to schedule teams they know they'll beat. Just my 0.2 cents.

That’s just it they scheduled a SS team they knew they could beat. They avoided the SS team calling them out, they avoided the team openly looking for anybody and took the team loaded with sophomores and Juniors

This is false.

Chaminade's best players, to include they're QB, are seniors. It is a false narrative, and one that many people have insinuated that Folsom hand picked a team to play because they graduated all they're best players. At the HS level, teams don't generally research who graduated and who didn't in order to play somebody. Promoting otherwise is disingenuous at best.

If you want to put numbers behind your statements, which seem to be aimed at the same programs on here, let's do that.

De La Salle SoS: 42
Folsom SoS: 37.7

Not exactly the difference you are promoting.

So why did they not take the SJB call out or book CC who openly had dates? And SOS means about as much as ranks in all reality

Call outs" are for kids.

But to answer your question- Folsom and SJB did talk directly. SJB was wanting a week 2 game at home. Folsom was more than willing to travel, but had another game already scheduled. They were willing to take on DLS, Chaminade, and SJB, successively, on the road. That doesn't exactly fit the "narrative" being pushed on these forums. But it is the truth.

Something tells me even if they won all 3 of those games, the same handful of people on here would be screaming from the mountaintop- "Your schedule sucks! You didn't schedule Mater Dei!"

The obsession is real.

Many programs are down right lucky they didn't have to play Folsom this year. Ask many of their opponents. Anyone who has seen them play this year, to include their haters, have walked away with a similar sediment.

For what it’s worth call outs happen at every level of sports from Amateurs to Pro’s. And I can understand why Folsom wouldn’t budge off that week two game against Jesuit for a game against SJB. The thing I don’t get is how they were going to book those 3 in a row? What about Antelope? And you can pretend all you want I’m some Folsom or CV hater. I have stated I think CV beats liberty on these boards and that any true NorCal open tournament should include Folsom. Neither statement would be made by a hater of either program.

Excited to see Pitt vs DLS. With that many athletes on the field, you never know.

Aside from the first game of the season Folsom at DLS, the game tonight featuring CVC at Liberty has to be one of the most anticipated in all of NorCal. It’s been on the books ever since Liberty upended Pitt a few weeks ago, and should be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT