ADVERTISEMENT

Granite Bay versus Vacaville at Vacaville

Yep! Maybe Dan and Vacaville had these same refs? Dan, did one of the refs duck his down thinking the ball was going to hit him? Curious. West lost to Edison (home team) on October 23, 2009, in similar fashion. Refs were afraid for their lives to make the correction. Southside!!!

Here is the tape from the West HS (Tracy) vs Edison (Stockton) blown FG call:

I forgot about the refs being swayed by the announcer calling out "No Good" when the ball clearly hit the cross bar and went in. Instead of ducking, that ref should have stepped to the side to make sure he had a clear view. And when they had a chance to clean it up at the end and huddled, they decided to go with the blown call. Just brutal.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I thought the game was called clean. You could even argue that the pass interference called on GB on the last drive shouldn't have been called. That was on a 4th and 5, would've ended the game.

What ur saying that was questionable wow, Vaca player got hit hard before the ball got there. I was really close to that play.

I forgot about the refs being swayed by the announcer calling out "No Good" when the ball clearly hit the cross bar and went in. Instead of ducking, that ref should have stepped to the side to make sure he had a clear view. And when they had a chance to clean it up at the end and huddled, they decided to go with the blown call. Just brutal.
That was a horrible kick lol but still went in. But yeah that one clearly went in.

Sounds like it was debatable, but doesn't exactly sound like it was right down the middle. That's a huge difference.
Well that's how it looked like, but yeah I was sitting at midfield on the bleachers so angle must have made it look that way, I must say I got carried away in the moment due to the other poor officiating that had been going on.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wide left with 10 secs to go and the Grizz hang on for a 21-20 win over Vacaville!!! <a href="https://t.co/JaJKBd0rpV">pic.twitter.com/JaJKBd0rpV</a></p>&mdash; Jason Sitterud (@coachsitt) <a href="">September 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The problem I have is you've done this before. I get it that Vacaville is your team but it would be wise if you kept your frustrations away from the football site until it's confirmed what happened. You don't have to report what you heard from a random Vacaville fan. Especially since you didn't see it for yourself and we rely on you feeding us the game information. However, had you said where I was sitting/standing the missed field goal was questionable but it was a great game. That would have felt better then you saying the refs blew the call. I will add that you do a great job reporting the play-by-play action so keep doing what you're doing minus the extra's after a loss.:cool:

Thanks and like I stated before I've calmed down on the refs the past few seasons I don't do it after every loss, I even have said before that refs have been bad for both teams sometimes if I see something a penalty that should have been called on Vaca I still post it.

Reactions: JoeMixon
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wide left with 10 secs to go and the Grizz hang on for a 21-20 win over Vacaville!!! <a href="https://t.co/JaJKBd0rpV">pic.twitter.com/JaJKBd0rpV</a></p>&mdash; Jason Sitterud (@coachsitt) <a href=" ">September 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

I still see it close you cant really see how far is it from the far post

Never mind I see it thanks to the person/kid catching the ball if you look closely he caught it and ran straight and was way off the post. But when it crossed the uprights might have been a little closer than that but yeah I had an angle on the home side of the bleachers.

Thanks for the video @patrick916

I'm an idiot I guess lol got carried away with the bad refing before and my angle was on the other side(home side) which looked way different than that

Kid has a great leg, had more than the distance and it was a good 30+ yrd FG attempt. He had made a 40+ Yrd FG earlier in the game

Dan he didn't get hit hard. He was pulled down by a player running by him. And the ball was thrown so poorly it would've never been caught. It was uncatchable. The play looked bad because the WR tried to cut back at the same time he was pulled down to adjust to the throw. They had plenty of chances to win this game, but didn't. We should just be happy the Bulldogs are playing well, this is a young team. I was not expecting these games to be as competitive as they've been. The coaches are doing a great job.

Dan he didn't get hit hard. He was pulled down by a player running by him. And the ball was thrown so poorly it would've never been caught. It was uncatchable. The play looked bad because the WR tried to cut back at the same time he was pulled down to adjust to the throw. They had plenty of chances to win this game, but didn't. We should just be happy the Bulldogs are playing well, this is a young team. I was not expecting these games to be as competitive as they've been. The coaches are doing a great job.
If you say so the play looked like a hard hit it sounded pretty bad too but yeah they are playing pretty good when was the last time they played two SFL teams and both games came down to one point difference as close as they were. I agree on that. Timothy Jackson has been a difference maker.

Reactions: jcolay
I did like that chant from the student section after the play, "you can't do that". Pretty funny. It was a foul and called one on the field, but that was a poor play for a 4th and 5 with the game on the line. That damn waffle hasn't changed since I played in 2000. And why are the dang receivers running next to each other nearly every pass attempt? Very frustrating to watch.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Vaca will always be a Run Orientated Team unless they hire a new coach whom wants to go to the Modern Day Offense, if they do....watch out!

What I hate the most is the positioning of the Officials on field goals & extra points. Is that really the best spot to view the kick? I've seen half a dozen kicks called wrong through the past 10 years.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wide left with 10 secs to go and the Grizz hang on for a 21-20 win over Vacaville!!! <a href="https://t.co/JaJKBd0rpV">pic.twitter.com/JaJKBd0rpV</a></p>&mdash; Jason Sitterud (@coachsitt) <a href=" ">September 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
It looked Gud! Maybe Vaca shud change the Posts when it comes to Football Games so this will not happen again!

Dayum! That looked Gud!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT