ADVERTISEMENT

Grant pacers

I have a hard time buying the idea of these mysterious pickup football games busting out on Delta League campuses with all these non-football playing kids dominating scholarship athletes. We can move this from opinion to fact with some video.

I get what you are saying about kids seeking out their best opportunity. Some will. I'm not sure that Norcal will become Socal with the transfer madness. But then again, I when I first learned that recruiting services were getting paid to put together highlight films and mail them to colleges, I thought, 'who would pay for that?' (Evidently a very large number of parents of average athletes). So what do I know?

Feedback,,, I'm not saying there are secret football games being played between non student-athletes verses student-athletes behind the gym on the practice soccer field when no one is looking(brotha that would be pretty funny tho to picture ). I'm sorry if it was being taken that way by any of the norcalprep readers. It's more like there are kids walking around there hs campus (not just the delta league schools, but they do have a lot) that are truly gifted students with natural abilities (speed, athletic, strong, agility, etc) that do not for whatever reason become student-athletes(some may not be coachable, parent concerns, or some may play initially but they don't make the cut with there grades, so no matter how gifted they are coaches typically won't insert them into the game plan-makes better since to coach up the next kid in line). Coaches know who they are because when they do participate in pe class or play during breaks, they are in awe at their abilities! Student-athletes know who they are because they play b-ball with them at the park after school or help them practice in one on ones drills, or " hey I bet you aint faster then me?"(uhm yes he is), or while playing a game of horse, where there are no jumpers allowed just dunks(wtf did he just do that? Or in the game of "smear the qxxxr", where no one can catch him or tackle him or he just plows over everyone. I typically also think about students who can boot the ball 60-70 yards but won't play on the football team or soccer team. Either way I respect the students decision to not play and just focus on academics but believe me brotha there a lot of students that's can flat out play and do dominate some of the athletes we see playing for there respective hs programs.
And "feedback" I agree with you on the nor-cal scene not looking like the so-cal scene with all the transfers going on. It will be more common up here but not like them. Most of our top schools are public schools that have tight nit communities with pride and tradition while down there they have a lot of private schools that interchange students on a yearly basis in order to chase a state championship along with a shot at the mythical national championship.

and to think Feed you called me a chit stirrer....lol

Chief I hear ya on athletes being on campus but that's everywhere....at any HS, not just SouthSac and EG...

Back in the day we had a kid who was a known party animal but we knew he was a stud....We talked him into coming out on the FB field and he hung with us till we got gear......We were running KOR....he ran back 6 kicks in a row and barely got touched.....he finished practice and everyone was in awe, even the HC who didn't care for the kid.....Well that was the last day we saw him....he proved what he wanted to and went back to smoking dope and dropping acid......like I said it was back in the day....

I have coached some of those 'lost' kids. It happens for sure.

Grades, girls, family, homelife, job, music, legal trouble, teammate relationships, confidence, apathy, drugs/booze, stupidity, coaching, cars, ego. I have seen lots of fully capable kids not play sports for a variety of reasons over the years. We can only try to reach them. But let's face it. Playing football in today's culture is different than when I grew up. It is WAY more of a commitment than I was asked to make (until college). If the kids is not fully into it, it is hard to make it through the year.

Grant received opening kickoff. Fumble 1st play inside own 10. Next play Central scores. 7-0 central 11:44 in the 1st

Reactions: cashisking18
On second drive both teams exchange penalties and 3 and outs. Third drive grant coverts 2 4th downs. QB missed wide open receiver for touchdown. Drive ends in a punt.central third drive results in turn over in downs after going for in in there own territory. Grant forth drive QB perfect pass but dropped by manchild. Drive results in turn over on down. Central at their own 45 with 1 and 10 to start the 2 quarter

Reactions: coachlittle
Central cracks the red zone with 1and goal from the 4. Grant d holds. Central misses 22-23 yard field goal. Still 7-0 7 and some change in the 2nd

Grant goes ground and pound but stalls after 4th and 14. Wide open receiver. Not sure if ball was dropped or QB just missed him.central on 1st play throws pick to manchild who returns it to the one. Next play grant punches it in. Fail 2 point xonversoco.7-6 central.

Central take ensuring ko to mid field. Mix of run and pass results in central touchdown on 14 yard pass play .14-6 central at the half
Sounds like that early fumble is the difference in this game so far.

A lot of penalties on both teams. Central started defense in zero coverage as did grant. Grant wr quickly alter DC game plan and they are now playing off with mixed in help. Both teams moving the ball on the ground and in the air. Both teams with one turn over that resulted in a quick score. Line play seems equal.both squads with good athletes.grants manchild and Speedsters #5 amd #10 all have dropped balls-2 would have been touchdowns

Central takes opening drives and goes the distance with good QB scrambling and nice boot leg throw for 6. 21-6 central 9:54 3rd quarter

Grant responds on the next drive with 3 yard touchdown run after big bomb. Failed 2 point conversion.21-12 central.central responds with long bomb for touchdown. Central QB starting to get comfortable 28-12 central . 7 min to go in the third

Reactions: Deltadodger
Central starting to run away with it. 35-12 after QB keeper around the left ends. 4 min left in the 3rd

I'm not sure why they keep going for 2. More concerning is there is absolutely no one in the press box communicating with coaches. No one had a head phone on

The grant wr are wide open running past central dbs every play.balls over thrown or balls being dropped. They will be be scary if they ever mesh

Blow out. My gboys gave up. Hands on the hip, pointing fingers, too many penalties, mental errors. 41-12 central start of the 4th.

Reactions: slick58
Central playing physical. Game stopped due to players trying to fight. Grant coach kicked out. 48-12 9 left to go. Manchild has been doubled all night minus 1st couple of series in the 1st quarter. He was still able to get open

54-12. I'mma head out. The crowds are getting antsy along with the police. I'm hearing there was a major fight last game. Thx to all those who posted scores Tonite. I appreciate it

54-12. I'mma head out. The crowds are getting antsy along with the police. I'm hearing there was a major fight last game. Thx to all those who posted scores Tonite. I appreciate it

Sorry to hear there were fights.

On the field and or off the field? Is there a history between these two teams?

@Deltadodger this Grant team that lost 54-12 is going to beat Folsom as you have stated 28-14?

Should I book it now or later? ;)

Your boys looked good last night Jesuit was bigger but Folsom was faster. If Jesuit qb was any better it would’ve been interesting. Grant 28 folsom 14 book it lol

RR

The game got a lil chippy between the players at the end of the game. Mostly attitude and frustration with losing. The grant coach was upset at a few bad calls that were missed, late hit on central followed by a bad spot. The coach expressed his frustration to the ref and got flagged. His real issue looked to be more forcused on his players that wanted to fight. He yelled at them while pointing at the score board. I couldnt make out what he was yelling but im sure it was along the lines of, shut the fuxx up, stop talking shxx and do your job. A lot of pacer attitude when things werent going there way(complaining, throwing there helmet, passing blame, etc) and i figure coach had enough. Good for him. Thought id clear that up a lil . I didnt want readers to think coaches were being bad role models. Coach was just pissed and asked to leave the game, not sure by who. In regards central, nice stadium, good looking team, passionate fans. I guess the previous week that passion lead to a big brawl, so i guess people were on edge thinking something might happen again. In regards to grant, small in numbers and small on the line. good skilled players with speed. Both teams were evenly matched, but central coverted on there big plays, while grant watched there big plays slip threw the receivers hand or watched passes sail just past there finger tips. The wr were open by 5 yards or more all night. 2 dropped touchdowns in the first half and 2 more in the second half. Plus maybe 5-6 over throws, again all wide open. Grant will be good this year as long as they work on some fundamentals( wr looking the ball in, qb over throw the db not the reciever, and as always limit the penalties/mental errors). I dont know why they didnt have any coaches or coodinators in the press box to communicate to to coaches on the field. I see this as a major problem or disadvantage, depending on how you look at it. And finally grant will need to utilize there entire roster. Small roster numbers and A lot of players went both ways and in the second half it showed. Sending your wr on deep pass plays repeatedly and then having them in zero coverage on defense took its toll. Same issue on the oline/d line. Big hits in the first half turned into arm tackles in the second half. Oh btw Grants manchild will give teams a fit this year and you will need to double team him. He is big, fast, athletic, and runs good routes. He did a good job blocking on run plays and he didnt have any problems getting off press coverage or getting open in double coverage. Number 5 and 10 will also be tough to cover as well. Good speed and physical. If, and i mean a big if, the qb and the wr can mesh, grant will be really good this year and teams will have to gamble on stacking the box to take away the power run while risking the deep ball or playing off and letting us rip 4-6 yards on the every run play. I know coach al gets a lot of shxx for his lack of play calling on offense but last night Al did a good job mixing it up with the run and pass plays. A lot less predictable and he put players in position to make plays, but unfortunately for us, they just didnt finish. Thats my take on the game. Up next capital christian.

Im not sure which corner was the sophmore. They all were lock down in the first half. Qb had no where to go. Second half tired legs and the central wr finally got som seperation. On one big bomb the grant db was step for step but didnt jump up to swat the ball, just watched it sail right past him into the wr hands for a 60 plus yard td. I knew then they were gassed

Last edited:
RR

The game got a lil chippy between the players at the end of the game. Mostly attitude and frustration with losing. The grant coach was upset at a few bad calls that were missed, late hit on central followed by a bad spot. The coach expressed his frustration to the ref and got flagged. His real issue looked to be more forcused on his players that wanted to fight. He yelled at them while pointing at the score board. I couldnt make out what he was yelling but im sure it was along the lines of, shut the fuxx up, stop talking shxx and do your job. A lot of pacer attitude when things werent going there way(complaining, throwing there helmet, passing blame, etc) and i figure coach had enough. Good for him. Thought id clear that up a lil . I didnt want readers to think coaches were being bad role models. Coach was just pissed and asked to leave the game, not sure by who. In regards central, nice stadium, good looking team, passionate fans. I guess the previous week that passion lead to a big brawl, so i guess people were on edge thinking something might happen again. In regards to grant, small in numbers and small on the line. good skilled players with speed. Both teams were evenly matched, but central coverted on there big plays, while grant watched there big plays slip threw the receivers hand or watched passes sail just past there finger tips. The wr were open by 5 yards or more all night. 2 dropped touchdowns in the first half and 2 more in the second half. Plus maybe 5-6 over throws, again all wide open. Grant will be good this year as long as they work on some fundamentals( wr looking the ball in, qb over throw the db not the reciever, and as always limit the penalties/mental errors). I dont know why they didnt have any coaches or coodinators in the press box to communicate to to coaches on the field. I see this as a major problem or disadvantage, depending on how you look at it. And finally grant will need to utilize there entire roster. Small roster numbers and A lot of players went both ways and in the second half it showed. Sending your wr on deep pass plays repeatedly and then having them in zero coverage on defense took its toll. Same issue on the oline/d line. Big hits in the first half turned into arm tackles in the second half. Oh btw Grants manchild will give teams a fit this year and you will need to double team him. He is big, fast, athletic, and runs good routes. He did a good job blocking on run plays and he didnt have any problems getting off press coverage or getting open in double coverage. Number 5 and 10 will also be tough to cover as well. Good speed and physical. If, and i mean a big if, the qb and the wr can mesh, grant will be really good this year and teams will have to gamble on stacking the box to take away the power run while risking the deep ball or playing off and letting us rip 4-6 yards on the every run play. I know coach al gets a lot of shxx for his lack of play calling on offense but last night Al did a good job mixing it up with the run and pass plays. A lot less predictable and he put players in position to make plays, but unfortunately for us, they just didnt finish. Thats my take on the game. Up next capital christian.

Im not sure which corner was the sophmore. They all were lock down in the first half. Qb had no where to go. Second half tired legs and the central wr finally got som seperation. On one big bomb the grant db was step for step but didnt jump up to swat the ball, just watched it sail right past him into the wr hands for a 60 plus yard td. I knew then they were gassed

Thank you. Good report and better times ahead!

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Grant opens up game with a turnover. Cc takes advantage and score with a power run up the middle. 6-0 cc 8 min left 1st quarter

Last edited:
Reactions: Deltadodger
Grant gets ball and moves it into cc territory and then QB takes a big loss that leads to a punt. Cc next series gets a couple of 1st downs and then fumbles. Grant recovers. At mid field.

Grant gets ball and moves it into cc territory and then QB takes a big loss that leads to a punt. Cc next series gets a couple of 1st downs and then fumbles. Grant recovers. At mid field.
He either scrambled for a big gain or loses a lot of yards when healthy atleast

@Deltadodger what's going on in this game? I figured you could give us a good breakdown since you are in attendance. After all, you "attended" the Folsom Jesuit game last week. We could assume youd be at the Grant game tonight.

@Deltadodger what's going on in this game? I figured you could give us a good breakdown since you are in attendance. After all, you "attended" the Folsom Jesuit game last week. We could assume youd be at the Grant game tonight.

Have you noticed over the years I do not post play by play. I didn’t post anything during last weeks game

Grant plagued with penalties. 1st down and like 30. Leads to grant QB throwing a pick. Cc responds with deep ball for touchdown on double move. 2 point conversion good. 14-0 cc with 1:54 left 1st quarter. Grant QB is struggling big time. Keeps scrambling and won't throw the ball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT