ADVERTISEMENT

Grant pacers

Grant Rb breaks threw the cc d line but fumbles in the secondary. Cc recovers in grant territory. Grant responds with a forced fumble 2plays later.

Grant plagued with penalties. 1st down and like 30. Leads to grant QB throwing a pick. Cc responds with deep ball for touchdown on double move. 2 point conversion good. 14-0 cc with 1:54 left 1st quarter. Grant QB is struggling big time. Keeps scrambling and won't throw the ball
Grant is going to struggle in the SFL. Getting spanked at home by a D3 school. Embarrassing.

Cc nice drive. Good ball movement that leads to a touchdown off the Rb middle screen. 21-0 cc 8:51 2nd quarter

Reactions: Deltadodger
Grant respond with a pick. Then Drives the ball to the cc 30 and then grant QB takes a 30 yard sack. This QB is killing us

Cc #2 goes the distance with an awesome run mixed with speed and physicality. 28-0 cc 1min left in half

Grant respond with a pick. Then Drives the ball to the cc 30 and then grant QB takes a 30 yard sack. This QB is killing us

Told you he’s either gonna scramble for a big play or lose 15 you could see it last year he hurt the team more than he helped

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Grant QB scrambles again, and again leads to a big play for cc, cc interception. 28-0 half time.im not one to verbally beat someone up, especially our youth, but this QB needs to be pulled the second half. Put him back in if you want but he needs to sit and watch a couple of series to see what the defense is doing. Holding the ball and running backwards is crazy and reminds me of how he did this last year. I'm sure we have negative offense yards at this point even tho we have moved the ball.

Reactions: coachlittle
Grant gets close to red zone and turns ball over on downs after QB throws ball to no one. Two plays later cc #2 almost scores on a long run but is tracked down in the red zone. Grant d holds.cc 35-0 still 3 min left in the 3rd.

I'm a gboys for life, but I must say watching this offense is brutal. QB finally connect with manchild who gets stripped going into the end zone. Cc recovers and returns it 30 yards before they fumble and grant gets the ball back

Why did I make the biggest mistake in picking Grant in my Pick’em, I thought they would be better than this. WOW

Grant finally on the board with 30 plus yard td pass .35-7 cc 1 min left in the third

But we will find a way against Folsom 35-10 BOOK IT

You will get pummeled by Folsom bad. Very bad. Same with OR & DO. Heck throw Rocklin and Granite Bay in there as well. Going to be a long year for you in the SFL. No adjustments. Just same old brand of football.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Another team got there revenge tonight. I was surprised to see some players from the neighborhood on the cc roster. Cc number two is from the Manors. Im sure ag on the coaching staff at cc helped his dad "filthy" decide to send his son to them. Also one of his best friends son is on jv. Looks like a good move as of now

You will get pummeled by Folsom bad. Very bad. Same with OR & DO. Heck throw Rocklin and Granite Bay in there as well. Going to be a long year for you in the SFL. No adjustments. Just same old brand of football.

The 'rest' of the SFL is looking forward to playing Grant! ;)

Still, plenty of time to right the ship but I agree with Larry. Whitney will give Grant trouble.

Reactions: cashisking18
I said that Grant would finidh mid tier SFL AT BEST, and a few posters had a fit! One even said Grant was beating Folsom!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Whitney knock them off. That would be nuts if Grant didn't win a game in the SFL

I went and checked out this game last night. A few thoughts...
1. For as much talk about how bad Grant played, some credit has to go to Capital. They came ready to play. While #2 is a monster at RB, they had a lot of different guys making plays.

2. I’ve always heard how much the community supports the team, but it seemed like there were more people on the visitors side than the home side.

3. I though Grant was getting a pretty good push with the run game to start, but almost completely abandoned it as they started to fall behind early.

4. Thought the speed factor would be Grants advantage, but Capital had the edge in that department. 2 plays stood out, one for a capital Td as the receiver ran away from 3 defenders and the other where the db ran down the receiver and stripped him at the goal line.

5. This is smallest Grant team I’ve ever seen. Both in terms of size of the players and actual numbers on the squad. They had maybe 30 guys dressed? In the past they have always been 40-50+

grant not what they been, capital has some great players, good as any team and have showed it, grant gonna battle in sfl but gonna be tough on em

Reactions: RidgeRider
Placer beat Whitney last wk 42-28 there is no way Grant loses to them..........now that would be a serious wake up call for the Pacers if they do.......Go Pacers!

Reactions: RidgeRider
Placer is very good. What are you talking about. Placer just thumped a good Bishop Manague team. Placer is going to run the table this year. They are a legit top 10 norcal team.

Grant can certainly beat a couple teams in the SFL but they also could lose to every team. Margin for error is razor thin. Changing of the times my friends. Best football is played in the Foothills now.

Placer is very good. What are you talking about. Placer just thumped a good Bishop Manague team. Placer is going to run the table this year. They are a legit top 10 norcal team.

Grant can certainly beat a couple teams in the SFL but they also could lose to every team. ceMargin for error is razor thin. Changing of the times my friends. Best football is played in the Foothills now.
I have a real soft spot for the Pacers,we brought our Hillmen dn to Grant in support of them when they had that controversy with Granite Bay supporters on the safety of attending Grant games in Del Paso Heights.Joe Davidson of the Sac Bee had big write up calling our attendence that nite in support of Grant “The hills and the hood”we were treated very well by the Grant boosters and student body and they gave our kids a tour of the Pacer campus and classrooms....a real learning experience for our kids,after the game V Moala and Shaquille Thompson and the rest of the Pacers took pics with our kids ....it was fabulous.We had Grant in Auburn as our guests after they won State Championship vs Long Beach Poly and our fans welcomed them as well and they were free to walk about our stadium and get to know our fans and kids with no security watching which was the point of the entire get together due from the criticism’s of certain school(s)(Granite Bay).So to see this downward spiral of Grant lately a school and program rich in success especially on the fball field with all those tremendous athletes saddens me,they should be top 10 every yr.What’s missing?What’s lost?What changes need to be made to bring this storied program bk to it’s dominance?Something has got to change,Grant supporters and Alum need to get together and demand changes and bring this falling program back to being the juggernaut they once were and could very easily be AGAIN! Go Pacers

Last edited:
I have a real soft spot for the Pacers,we brought our Hillmen dn to Grant in support of them when they had that controversy with Granite Bay supporters on the safety of attending Grant games in Del Paso Heights.Joe Davidson of the Sac Bee had big write up calling our attendence that nite in support of Grant “The hills and the hood”we were treated very well by the Grant boosters and student body and they gave our kids a tour of the Pacer campus and classrooms....a real learning experience for our kids,after the game V Moala and Shaquille Thompson and the rest of the Pacers took pics with our kids ....it was fabulous.We had Grant in Auburn as our guests after they won State Championship vs Long Beach Poly and our fans welcomed them as well and they were free to walk about our stadium and get to know our fans and kids with no security watching which was the point of the entire get together due from the criticism’s of certain school(s)(Granite Bay).So to see this downward spiral of Grant lately a school and program rich in success especially on the fball field with all those tremendous athletes saddens me,they should be top 10 every yr.What’s missing?What’s lost?What changes need to be made to bring this storied program bk to it’s dominance?Something has got to change,Grant supporters and Alum need to get together and demand changes and bring this falling program back to being the juggernaut they once were and could very easily be AGAIN! Go Pacers

The changing is happening before our eyes you have to go watch a game to understand what’s going on the kids are hard to deal with now you mix that in with incompetent coaching you gets what your seeing on the field. 20 years later they struggle with the fundamentals, and discipline. The coaching has been in questions for decades sprinkle in a offense that they rarely have the qb and coaching to operate. I still believe things will get better but the staff will have to get a lot better possibly hire someone from outside the program.

Hold on fellas,, hoooooooold on! Lets not get to ahead of ourselves about this sfl race or grinder as some say. Labeling the champ after 3 games plus dividing up the sfl into two seperate groups, the top tier teams and bottom tier teams? We've all seen a few games and have a lil grasp of what teams seem to be clicking on all cylinders and which teams need fine tuning or a major overhaul. Seems that some feel the top tier teams consist of, folsom, oak ridge, and del oro. Followed by granite bay, rocklin, whitney, and grant all in the bottom tier. Could easily be true at the end of the year. Side note; Last night when i left the grant game i was truly disappointed in the outcome, as i was the previuos week against central. The qb play must improve and im hopeful it will because the kid is a good athlete with a strong arm. Poster JM pointed out and was right, capital christian is good this year and to me i wouldnt be suprised if they finish the regular season undefeated as will central. Two good teams that exposed some of the things we need to work on before league. While thinking about the game and the supposedly sfl tier scale, I took a few minutes today to take a look at our pre season numbers and compared them to other sfl teams. I was Surprised to discover that our opponents overall win/loss record or sos, along with whitney and granite bay, was stronger than the other teams (solely based on w/l record). Grant and del oro are the only two teams in the league with a win over a team with a winning record(2-1davis and 2-1amador valley) followed by oak ridge with a win over 1-1 lincoln. No bragging rights with any of those wins or any other win by a signal team in the entire sfl. In fact as a league we lost all the marquee match ups thus far. Rocklin and folsom have a shot to make a statement this weekend against some good teams(good luck fellas), but if not the league just isnt as strong as some feel. Come league time i wouldnt be suprised to see two or three of the "so called bottom tier teams" on top when its all said and done.

"So called bottom tier teams"
Granite bay(1-2)*(5-2)
-monte vista(3-0)
-damonte rnch(2-0)
-jesuit(0-2)+

Rocklin(1-2)*(4-4)
-antelope(1-2)
-franklin(1-2)+
-Damonte ranch(2-0)

Whitney(0-2)*(6-0)
-Placer(3-0)
-Central(3-0)
-bye

Grant(1-2)*(8-1)
-Davis(2-1)+
-Central(3-0)
-capital christain(3-0)

"So called top tier teams"
Folsom(2-1)*(4-4)
-delasalle(3-0)
-jesuit(0-2)+
-antelope(1-2)+

Oak ridge(3-0)*(2-5)
-lincoln(1-1)+
-Vacaville(1-2)+
-reed,nv(0-2)+

Del Oro(3-0)*(3-5)
-Amador valley(2-1)+
-oak grove(0-2)+
-windsor(1-2)+

Key bar
*( ) Opponents win/loss record
+ Team win

Last edited:
Just a heads up. None of these games matter till the 1st league game. In 2015 we were the drizzling $hit$ through 3 games, coming off a 30 point curb stomping by American Canyon @ home.
We went to the section championship, knocking off 3 higher seeds and the #1 seed on the way. Some teams peak early, some take time. Nobody knows whats really going on unless ur on that staff or on that team.

Hold on fellas,, hoooooooold on! Lets not get to ahead of ourselves about this sfl race or grinder as some say. Labeling the champ after 3 games plus dividing up the sfl into two seperate groups, the top tier teams and bottom tier teams? We've all seen a few games and have a lil grasp of what teams seem to be clicking on all cylinders and which teams need fine tuning or a major overhaul. Seems that some feel the top tier teams consist of, folsom, oak ridge, and del oro. Followed by granite bay, rocklin, whitney, and grant all in the bottom tier. Could easily be true at the end of the year. Side note; Last night when i left the grant game i was truly disappointed in the outcome, as i was the previuos week against central. The qb play must improve and im hopeful it will because the kid is a good athlete with a strong arm. Poster JM pointed out and was right, capital christian is good this year and to me i wouldnt be suprised if they finish the regular season undefeated as will central. Two good teams that exposed some of the things we need to work on before league. While thinking about the game and the supposedly sfl tier scale, I took a few minutes today to take a look at our pre season numbers and compared them to other sfl teams. I was Surprised to discover that our opponents overall win/loss record or sos, along with whitney and granite bay, was stronger than the other teams (solely based on w/l record). Grant and del oro are the only two teams in the league with a win over a team with a winning record(2-1davis and 2-1amador valley) followed by oak ridge with a win over 1-1 lincoln. No bragging rights with any of those wins or any other win by a signal team in the entire sfl. In fact as a league we lost all the marquee match ups thus far. Rocklin and folsom have a shot to make a statement this weekend against some good teams(good luck fellas), but if not the league just isnt as strong as some feel. Come league time i wouldnt be suprised to see two or three of the "so called bottom tier teams" on top when its all said and done.

"So called bottom tier teams"
Granite bay(1-2)*(5-2)
-monte vista(3-0)
-damonte rnch(2-0)
-jesuit(0-2)+

Rocklin(1-2)*(4-4)
-antelope(1-2)
-franklin(1-2)+
-Damonte ranch(2-0)

Whitney(0-2)*(6-0)
-Placer(3-0)
-Central(3-0)
-bye

Grant(1-2)*(8-1)
-Davis(2-1)+
-Central(3-0)
-capital christain(3-0)

"So called top tier teams"
Folsom(2-1)*(4-4)
-delasalle(3-0)
-jesuit(0-2)+
-antelope(1-2)+

Oak ridge(3-0)*(2-5)
-lincoln(1-1)+
-Vacaville(1-2)+
-reed,nv(0-2)+

Del Oro(3-0)*(3-5)
-Amador valley(2-1)+
-oak grove(0-2)+
-windsor(1-2)+

Key bar
*( ) Opponents win/loss record
+ Team win

Great Post!!! Thanks for the Analysis!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT