ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Whitney forfeit?

RidgeRider

Hall of Famer
Feb 27, 2017
Rumors hit the field at the DO Folsom game that Grant parents ran onto the field at Whitney and Grant had to forfeit the game.

Is this true? Does this mean Grant is out of the playoffs?

One of the Folsom coaches was ejected here and little Ngata nearly got thrown out too.

Seen different theories on the Grant-Whitney incident, but it speaks to a larger issue:

Are their more brawls/games being called this year or is it social media that highlights it more than before?

That is the 3rd brawl that Grant has been in this year if my memory serves. I didn't hear any details other than what I wrote, so it could be off cause it was second hand.

I heard just now another game was called due to fighting as well.

Streak, I think Social Media is making us more aware, I think you are spot on.

So so true. We talk to our kids all the time about this, scratch that we preach n teach this hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. It seems to be an everyone problem, not an issolated incident type problem. But what do u expect when the people they look up just talk $hit and nobody else matters. Look at the talk on here. Dont get me wrong, 98% on here is awesome but it gets ugly and we for the most part all adults that have the exact same love n passion for the kids n the game. I hope it gets better before it gets much worse. Not sure how optimistic I am though.

Come on get your facts straight
Ok. Pacer 80. Is this true or not? Judging by your name you are a Grant follower. We would like to know how many? In my opinion 1 is too many! But please what is your perspective. I am not a Grant follower so paint us all a picture for those that don’t follow them. I just read on another post there was punches thrown by a Whitney coach? I certainly hope this is not true! I would hope that any coach would not throw punches at ANY player. If true, he should never coach again. Any sport, any where.

Last edited:
I should also say I know zero info on what happened. Just commenting on Social media hype

First, I always say it takes two 2 tangle. Whitney ending a winless season probably playing chippy and Grant another pretty average searching for a playoff spot. I was at the Grant vs OR game and it was played without a single issue. I didn't see any unsportsmanlike stuff.

Sounds like this got ugly. I'm sure video will be coming out soon if not already. Really too bad.

All i know is they fought kids vs Central. Grant and Central had kids ejected. They fought kids vs Del Oro, Grant had kids ejected. They fought kids vs Capital Christian, Grant had kids suspended, and now there is a fight with Whitney... These are true facts pacer80....please tell me that I am wrong.

Reactions: s2h17
Honest question here... Grant is only sport in SFL is Football. If they have been involved in all of these brawls could they be voted out of league? Personally I think this is the end for Coach AL. Time to go in another direction with that program and I would be saying that if there weren't any fights.

Reactions: championcif75
How can this game be declared anything but a double forfeit?
I saw the video posted on Joe D’s teitter. Looked like the cheapest of cheap shots on the PAT.

WHITNEY started the whole thing!! Whitney was chippy the whole game #10 was talking the whole game then their whole team started to follow him. Every time a grant wr would line up on Whitney’s sideline Whitney players was trying to get in his head. It honestly looked like Whitney came into the game with the mindset to get grant players thrown out knowing their situation. Whitney probably had 200 yards in penalty’s yesterday. The fight started when a grant player and Whitney player hit each other on the pat then te Whitney player threw him on the ground then when the grant player tried to get up he stayed over him and kept pushing him on the ground then a grant player came up and pushed him then the grant players came and that’s when everything got crazy but once a Whitney coach started hitting the grant players that’s when grants coaching staff came for Whitney’s coaching staff. They’ll have to watch the tape and see which Whitney coach it was that was hitting the players but grant players felt with him. But people shouldn’t assume things grants perceptions isn’t fighting teams know grant will mentally break down if you get under their skin and Whitney knew it and Whitney was playing really good so maybe they thought it was working but WHITNEY STARTED THAT BRAWL

I forgot about the fights with CC.

My concern is will a movement start to have them removed from the SFL?

That topic came up last night.

I like having Grant in the league and want them there personally but I worry for them when is enough enough?

Last edited:
@Deltadodger i saw the whole film, yes Whitney had a part in it, but when I watch the clip Whitney's sideline did a pretty good job of staying off the field, while all of Grant's sideline got to midfield and were jacking and jawing. I talked to a few people that were there and Grant had a player KICKED out in the first 5 minutes of the game for " PUNCHING " a Whitney player #7. this was before the fight even happened. And it's high school football you don't think Grant had players talking trash the whole game... I want to say Grant is still a good program, but literally 4 games where Grant was in a fight this year and had kids ejected or suspended, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Whitney. Grant needs to make changed immediately.

I forgot about the fights with CC.

My concern is will a movement start to have them removed from the SFL?

That came topic came up last night.

I like having Grant in the league and want them there personally but I worry for them when is enough enough?

If people are talking about it.... (and I've heard it from other programs) then you can by assured that it will get momentum. (talking about removal from league). Don't know future but from what I saw this year for grant is a really bad JV team (no success coming from those ranks) and a varsity team that is stuck in a time capsule. Obviously programs like Folsom, DO, GB, OR, CC, Jesuit, etc have kids transferring in. Is anybody picking up the phone and saying I want to go play at grant? Point is how bright is the future?

Also the film shows that a few Whitney coaches ran out pulling kids back and trying to seperate the two teams, then a Grant player body slammed one of the Whitney coaches and the other coach tried to get his other coach out of there. I highly doubt the staff at Whitney who is a new staff told their players to be chippy because they were 0-9. They were trying to end the season on a good note and get a W not antagonize Grant.

Central please tell me...I must have missed that one because there is no documentation of an ejection or any incidents

Capital no documentation of an incident or ejection. I know they had one the week after with Antelope

DO a fight happens with 1 grant player being ejected and 2 DO

Whitney is by far the worse

I should also say I know zero info on what happened. Just commenting on Social media hype
Mistark how are you?We were just talking about you last night at the Placer vs Lincoln game,myself,WWHs44 (I think,lol i gotta check on that we were having a great time)and others,The Champ spoke out and gave his opinion and some Indy love......as should be,check out when you can.Go Placer

Central and Grant both had players ejected in that fight down in Central, I am sure there will be film put together and sent to the SJS commish. All i know is that there is multiple incidents in games this year where GRANT was a part of some type of fight. No other game this year for Capital, Whitney, Central, or Del Oro has their been fights or ejections etc. Grant is the common denominator

Central please tell me...I must have missed that one because there is no documentation of an ejection or any incidents

Capital no documentation of an incident or ejection. I know they had one the week after with Antelope

DO a fight happens with 1 grant player being ejected and 2 DO

Whitney is by far the worse

Point in fact, the DO incident cleared the bench including coaches, one DO player was ejected wrongfully and cleared. Film proved that. The other kid was retaliating and got ejected for the right reason. Full credit to the Grant staff for reacting as quickly as they could to diffuse the situation but the bench cleared. They obviously care.

The fight with Central was documented on this site by a Grant supporter and another poster the night it happened, and MaxPreps, as was the CC incident.

It’s a Grant problem. They need to clean it up for the sake of those kids in the program.

Last edited:
I was at the game as well and it was very chippy from the start and with all of the penalties and trick plays from Whitney it made for a perfect storm. The refs basically made a decision that they could not control the game to continue. The one thing IMO that caused this game to go south really fast was when the “Brawl” started there was a couple of Whitney coaches that knew the Grant players from pop warner thought it was ok to grab players and pull them away from the situation and others on the field felt like they were attacking them. In team situations never grab opposing players no matter what grab your own guys.

Reactions: remc
Don't know anything about this season's Grant team but I have been to enough Grant games to know that Grant football (and their fans) are aggressive and in-your-face. I think its in poor taste for HS sports but they (coaches and fans) seem to encourage this behavior for intimidation purposes. Obviously if the CIF-SJS Section leadership hasn't stepped in, they are just fine with such behavior too.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
summary:

- grant discipline issues
- grant needs new coach
- grant need leave sfl
- 7 teams in fights this year
- social media part blame
- $hit talkers promote

its bigger issue than “grant fights” its a social thing, folks have lost sight of wut it about, can tell ya here at del oro theres lotsa $hit talkers in stands every game, its da parents and ya’ll know its at home too, social media fuels da fire all week its “look at my kid, he scholly kid, coach gotta git em da ball” and not just da kids, got coaches doin it like they big time, twitter, instagram, facebook, here, the bee, name it, at game time it comes to head and da coaches and kids actin like its big time, coaches no betta thinkin career on line, they just high school coaches and players geez, few kids go on and most coaches average, school leaders need to control it specially da parents in stands or they da problem too — its social and nuttin more, social is da disease the rest is just symptoms

This could be Coach Al's last year. Grant will be fine. And the SFL is not going to toss them out for a few fights (only two were in the SFL). They will encourage Grant to improve their conduct. The SFL is more worried about Folsom than Grant.

can tell ya here at del oro theres lotsa $hit talkers in stands every game, its da parents and ya’ll know its at home too

No doubt that some of the worst fans I have seen are the booze-fueled, shlt talking parents in the end zone at Del Oro. I have seen numerous games where these parents talk at the kids anytime the opposing team is near their endzone. Those a-holes should not be allowed to be that close to the field.

This entire back and forth about fights......really saddens me!I took the Hillmen to Grant a few yrs bk to break some tension between fans and teams and Joe D had big write up in the bee(The hills and the hood)it worked out great as our boys and fans were treated fabulously by Grant fans at Grant during our bye week,we also had Grant as our guests in Auburn during their bye week....no police needed and Grant players walked freely amongst our kids and had a great time our fans showered them(Shaq Thompson,James Sample)with green and gold trinkets around their necks....it was a very good thing.NOW i’m Reading all this fighting stuff going bk and forth and Grant some how is in the middle of this........What is going on?Doesn’t it take 2 to tango,are Grant opponents egging them on,is Grant not acting right.....we need to corral this nonsense before someone gets hurt!And if coaches are involved(heaven forbid) than they should be held accountable and punished harshly to set example so it does not happen again!CIF needs to look into and make some harsh and strong decisions....Quickly.This is only going to carry over if WE don’t.....put a stop to it now.Punish coaches and players.....make an example for ALL to see and understand the consequences of these actions,and if it means them not participating in playoffs so be it.....but don’t punish entire team for a few bad apples.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renegade4Life
Also the film shows that a few Whitney coaches ran out pulling kids back and trying to seperate the two teams, then a Grant player body slammed one of the Whitney coaches and the other coach tried to get his other coach out of there. I highly doubt the staff at Whitney who is a new staff told their players to be chippy because they were 0-9. They were trying to end the season on a good note and get a W not antagonize Grant.

Thr grabf body slammed a coach because HE WAS HITTING THE PLAYERS

This entire back and forth about fights......really saddens me!I took the Hillmen to Grant a few yrs bk to break some tension between fans and teams and Joe D had big write up in the bee(The hills and the hood)it worked out great as our boys and fans were treated fabulously by Grant fans at Grant during our bye week,we also had Grant as our guests in Auburn during their bye week....no police needed and Grant players walked freely amongst our kids and had a great time our fans showered them(Shaq Thompson,James Sample)with green and gold trinkets around their necks....it was a very good thing.NOW i’m Reading all this fighting stuff going bk and forth and Grant some how is in the middle of this........What is going on?Doesn’t it take 2 to tango,are Grant opponents egging them on,is Grant not acting right.....we need to corral this nonsense before someone gets hurt!And if coaches are involved(heaven forbid) than they should be held accountable and punished harshly to set example so it does not happen again....Coach wise!CIF needs to look into and make some harsh and strong decisions....Quickly.This is only going to carry over if WE don’t.....put a stop to it now.Punish Coaches and players now if it means them not participating in playoffs so be it.....but don’t punish entire team for a few bad apples.

Whitney was egging them on all game they had a win in their sights and knew what it could mean if they got some grant players thrown out it’s sad that Whitney gets the benefit of the doubt because they are perceived as innocent but if you were at the game you would’ve thought that getting into grants head was a game plan. Whitney looked like the undisciplined team the whole game Whitney probably had 200 yards of penalties. That fight was inevitable you can only poke a bear til he bites you grant didn’t start it but they finished it

What does that mean if you tell your players to eat chippy? That’s antagonizing someone. You don’t tell your team to get chipp to prepare for next year you tell them that knowing your opponent is a hot headed team. You just proved my point that Whitney goal was to antagonize grant in hopes that they’ll get off tract and sneak away with a win

Also, there were issues at the conclusion of the Grant / Granite Bay game. A few parents came on to the field and chase after ref's. NCOA was contacted and Placer County Sheriffs and Paladin security had to respond. This included several incidents of hostility and profanity by Grant parents towards GB administration and law enforcement. Grant's admin had to be contacted and stated they are trying to handle.

Let's just go through the facts....

1. Grant fought Central ( Players ejected)
2. Grant fought Captial Christian ( Players suspended)
3. Grant fought Del oro ( Players ejected )
4. Grant player throws punch in first 5 minutes and is EJECTED.
5. Grant gets in fight with Whitney
6. One player has been suspended twice and Grant still allows him to play in their program? (#55)

....but its Whitney's fault this game got out of hand? @ deltadodger you need to do a realization break down

Neither Calpreps nor Maxpreps is reporting Grant-Whitney as a forfeit. They are both reporting it as a 39-28 Grant win.

No doubt that some of the worst fans I have seen are the booze-fueled, shlt talking parents in the end zone at Del Oro.
been down there, know what u mean, principal and athletic director gotta step in, where are da leaders, in stands a lotta bs that makes game no fun to watch

If everyone thinks(rightfully so)that Folsom is a dynasty(and they are)let me tell you that IF Grant’s program with coaches and players getting on same page and taking care of business on the field,and were able to keep players in DPH at Grant rather than transfer out to other nearby schools......Grant would be the top dog hands dn!The Pacers for all this chaos going on and finishes 3-3 in first yr in SFL beating half the teams......watch the hell out.That is a big IF.Grant admin needs to sit dn and make some decisions that will bring that school and that community together for the good and they would be a powerhouse AGAIN!I seriously hope they do this because they have such an enormous amount of talent that most would envy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT