ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Whitney forfeit?

If everyone thinks(rightfully so)that Folsom is a dynasty(and they are)let me tell you that IF Grant’s program with coaches and players getting on same page and taking care of business on the field,and were able to keep players in DPH at Grant rather than transfer out to other nearby schools......Grant would be the top dog hands dn!The Pacers for all this chaos going on and finishes 3-3 in first yr in SFL beating half the teams......watch the hell out.That is a big IF.Grant admin needs to sit dn and make some decisions that will bring that school and that community together for the good and they would be a powerhouse AGAIN!I seriously hope they do this because they have such an enormous amount of talent that most would envy.
Great Start for new Whitney HC, 0-10 and him or assistant gets bodyslammed by opposition by player in last game. It’s time to get out of the SFL or be winless in leagues for years to come.

Reactions: Renegade4Life
All i know is they fought kids vs Central. Grant and Central had kids ejected. They fought kids vs Del Oro, Grant had kids ejected. They fought kids vs Capital Christian, Grant had kids suspended, and now there is a fight with Whitney... These are true facts pacer80....please tell me that I am wrong.

I was at the Capital game. There were no fights there...

@TheGoldenShower i would rather be 0-10 my first year in the SFL with that schedule than be in 4 brawls my first year ...Grant has to go

Lol sounds like you have blinders on what did grant do to you? We’re you the coach that got slammed by a teen? You must fear grant getting better many thought grant would go 1-4 in sfl they are a coaching staff away from being great again. If you’re not a folsom fan I wouldn’t talk bro

And if you watched film like you said you did then you’d know what team started that brawl right?

And if you watched film like you said you did then you’d know what team started that brawl right?
I think SLV was onto something, if all of your team has helmet mics and go pros, it will easier to avoid traffic during brawls and have first hand evidence of the instigators.

yep, i go to watch nephew and gotta listen to parents bitchin players on THEIR OWN team, geez, support da team, last year was bad, moms and dads specially paretns of this years seniors, also wife of last year dc birch who was fired, she is mental case

Between those folks and their coach's directing racial slurs at opposing players, seems that DO admin would do something to stay classy. They have a great program. No need for it.

Reactions: Renegade4Life

Like I said grant didn’t start it the Whitney player kept pushing him when he tried to get up and grant players seen it. It was heading in that direction from the beginning Whitney’s whole team was chippy they knew exactly what they were doing Whitney coaches didn’t attempt to stop them the same coach that was fighting the players got flagged for running onto the field earlier in the game. It’s on grant to not respond they have to get better at discipline. In the history of grant when have you seen this many fights break out? Teams watch film they know grant will implode if you get under their skin and that was part of Whitney’s gameplan

yep, i go to watch nephew and gotta listen to parents bitchin players on THEIR OWN team, geez, support da team, last year was bad, moms and dads specially paretns of this years seniors, also wife of last year dc birch who was fired, she is mental case

Agreed. Seen the parents. Seen that wife! It’s a pretty sad sideshow.

Why all of a sudden do the Pacers need to be kicked out of a league? I don’t remember this kind of whining or fighting when they were in the Delta. Are the SFL teams antagonizing them? Delta teams didn’t.

Agreed. Seen the parents. Seen that wife! It’s a pretty sad sideshow.

Why all of a sudden do the Pacers need to be kicked out of a league? I don’t remember this kind of whining or fighting when they were in the Delta. Are the SFL teams antagonizing them? Delta teams didn’t.

Who knows whats being said between the lines of play. The teams in the delta “look” more like grant not saying teams are racist but it’s football things are said to get under players skin wanting grant to be thrown out the sfl is a joke just like wanting folsom out of the league is a joke. Grant belongs in the sfl. I said it before they’ll compete better with the sfl teams than the delta

Why all of a sudden do the Pacers need to be kicked out of a league?.
no need, tho wanna see more sportsmanship before and after game, like rugby

Between those folks and their coach's directing racial slurs at opposing players, seems that DO admin would do something to stay classy. They have a great program. No need for it.
so you seen and heard it too, ya its bad and no fun, da admin is responsible, they let it go on, hadn’t heard of the racial slurs by coaches tho

Ok we all pretty much agree this nonsense needs to stop,hopefully the powers that be gets this resolved and no one be asked to leave the SFL unless a team wants out.It’s a very tough league and the teams in it majority belong in it.Now.....what happens to Grant?Will they advance into playoffs are they done fore the yr.......what?

[

based on yo righteous response, sounds lke you do, please tell

You’ve missed the point entirely.

If I knew something everyone else didn’t, I’d say so. But I don’t, which is precisely why I have reserved judgement and not piled on. That’s the point.

Furthermore, I’ll argue that those making bold statements and accusations — based off 3rd party info from multiple and contradictory sources — are coming across as righteous. Not I.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Wow, more racial slurs? Recall when one of their long time coaches (Jason Sauve) was suspended, but is it still going on? No need is right, stay classy Del Oro.

Last edited:
he throws barbs like others with no facts like he sayin nobody has, be real man, self righteous, think bout it

Unbelievable.

Ok. I’ll play.

What barb did I throw? Or better yet, what did I say that you can prove incorrect? Lastly, please cite where I stated that I knew anything more than you or anybody else.

If you’ll notice — I haven’t taken a stance against either program in this thread. Because I don’t know enough to do so. All I’ve done is question those that are doing the opposite. And you seem awfully sensitive about it and are drawing ridiculous conclusions over it. Perhaps you can explain why that is.

Last edited:
I don't believe TR has to know the particulars of this situation to know some here is just adding unnecessary drama. You can be the problem or the solution. To be honest, seems that most here are becoming a part of the problem. Think about it.

So my wording isn't lost upon everyone, apparently. ;)

When I read responses like the one that was given, I often wonder what color they believe the sky is where they live. Because I have no clue how something stated so clearly can be misinterpreted so badly. I suppose the adage "people see and read what they want" often applies.

To be clear, I'm making an attempt at a serious conversation with this person. But I don't have time for kiddie games. If all I get back are more teen angst and slang grammar, I'll be done with it. I take everyone seriously until they prove they don't deserve to be. Then it's ignore time.

Last edited:

When I read responses like the one that was given, I often wonder what color they believe the sky is where they live. Because I have no clue how something stated so clearly can be misinterpreted so badly. I suppose the adage "people see and read what they want" often applies.

To be clear, I'm making an attempt at a serious conversation with this person. But I don't have time for kiddie games. If all I get back are more teen angst and slang grammar, I'll be done with it. I take everyone seriously until they prove they don't deserve to be. Then it's ignore time.

TR, he’s a hater and predictably negative about the same people and anyone that challenges him.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, I’ve been reading this forum for over 5 years and although I haven’t found reason to comment until I started going to Colfax games, I’ve enjoyed many of the posters insight (more expertise than I possess) and TR is one of my favorites. TR is rational, loves prep football over any one loyalty to a high school, and knows the game. I read this thread and thought he was just trying to engage in a more serious question. The “adults” on this forum and more importantly in the student/athletes lives need to role model behavior that we want to see in our communities. Keep engaging with respect TR

It is my understanding that the jv game was also called bc of fighting. Whs jv is not good and we’re putting it on the pacer.

This hip toss looked very similar to the one that happened at the whitney game on their coach. O... and its the same kid... no control of that program this is what started the DO fight and there is more evidence of the CC and Central scuffles as well..

ThunderRam, appreciate the effort. ;)

Here's wishing you great football.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been reading this forum for over 5 years and although I haven’t found reason to comment until I started going to Colfax games, I’ve enjoyed many of the posters insight (more expertise than I possess) and TR is one of my favorites. TR is rational, loves prep football over any one loyalty to a high school, and knows the game. I read this thread and thought he was just trying to engage in a more serious question. The “adults” on this forum and more importantly in the student/athletes lives need to role model behavior that we want to see in our communities. Keep engaging with respect TR

Right back at ya, my friend. I know you don’t post a ton but I always enjoy what you do contribute. Same goes for Champ. It must be a foothills thing. ;)

Reactions: championcif75
TR- great post. I'm just ready for some playoffs and hopefully we can put all this behind us. Grant vs Inderkum should be a real good matchup. I would definitely make the driver over to Natomas for that one.
Sadly though I do think its coming to and end for Grant coach AL. Something has to change. I wouldn't be surprised if Sac High/Whitney ex coach re-surfaced as candidate. (Dougherty)

Who knows whats being said between the lines of play. The teams in the delta “look” more like grant not saying teams are racist but it’s football things are said to get under players skin wanting grant to be thrown out the sfl is a joke just like wanting folsom out of the league is a joke. Grant belongs in the sfl. I said it before they’ll compete better with the sfl teams than the delta

There is a lot of junk being said at all levels on the field according to the players I've spoken too. Hopefully next season, given everyone will be used to each other, and everyone knows what to expect, things will settle down in league play, in terms of the violence between plays.

For Grant, perhaps this is what is finally needed to move on to a new leader as you've been alluding to for quite some time. Coaches have to own their players' behavior and it's not made easier these days with social media.

Coaching is not an easy job and it is made harder with social media, and parents who think they know better.

Lol ok sir
NO.....NO it is NOT ok to say Grant is a disgrace.....that’s BS.I have very good friends at the corral in Oakdale as it appears to me Leopold10 is from(if wrong I apologize) and I as well have very good friends at Grant.To say they are a disgrace simply infuriates me....that is not true imho,i’ve been to DPH and took our kids all of them in support of the pacers for same exact reasons I’m here now infuriated by that remark.We need to ALL agree that we can resolve this ridiculous hostility that’s taking place right here in these blogs because of what is happening on the playing field!Enough already!Rather than call a team or teams a disgrace let’s try supporting each other regardless from what side of the river we are all from......Enough already!These are kids young kids in all div’s that need OUR support and guidance and to make them realize this extra curricular brawling,trash talking crap is not right.I would rather go 0-10 and know our kids learned from those losses and will work harder in the weightrooms in the classrooms and then go out and show as well as give the RESPECT the winning team deserves for their success and same RESPECT should be given by the winners to the losing team.....PERIOD,We do not do any of us here or our kids and programs any good in calling anyone a disgrace!We are all better than this.....Enough already!

Champ, we need more humans like you right now. The divisiveness in our nation and on the regional playing fields is not reflective of my experience with those who’s politics are different than mine or with the kids and coaches from different neighborhoods than mine. Thanks for your sentiments.

Reactions: remc
My experiences have generally been really positive when I reach out to those who come from different backgrounds, political perspectives and ethnic and racial differences and these experiences is what gives me hope. I wish the pundits would seek out what unifies us rather than what divides us and I wish more communities would reach out to one another at football games. Because really, Friday nights are about community. It’s one of the things I love about Colfax is the principal bbqs every Friday for the refs, chain gang, opposing coaches and staff from both schools in the end zone. We need more of this

Champ, we need more humans like you right now. The divisiveness in our nation and on the regional playing fields is not reflective of my experience with those who’s politics are different than mine or with the kids and coaches from different neighborhoods than mine. Thanks for your sentiments.
First of all, you seem like a good person but word to the wise I would leave politics alone here. I have been banned twice so I know. We all know as parents, players, posters and coaches where the divisiveness is coming from. No one here lives under a rock. That said, I enjoy your insight regarding the subject at hand and hope to see more of you. And I'm sipping the Colfax Kool-aid as well. Blueberry Smash lol. Stay blessed.

Reactions: NU84
Like I said before I was at Grant vs OR game and it was very tame to say the least. Just good hard fought football. No taunting or fighting. Pacer nation is pretty passionate. I think there is a lot of frustration right now but I think there is a bigger issue at Grant that most of us have covered before including the big Pacer backers and it starts with coaching/strategy/execution/preparation etc. That is my take anyhow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT