ADVERTISEMENT

HMB wraps up their preseason @ 8-2

GOTF

Hall of Famer
Jun 5, 2011
With 2 seniors (playing) and 1 junior on the roster a very young HMB has wrapped up the preseason at 8-2 and look ready to make a run at the PAL North & CCS D4. It all starts Wednesday night vs Jefferson.

Aragon girls finished their preseason 9-3. Aragon is led by junior guards Briana Reynolds (Irvington Tournament MVP & Bakersfield All Tournament selection) and Soph Jen Horita. Frosh post Lillie Tuivailala has made a nice contribution.

The PAL should be interesting with Mike Ciardella returning as a head coach to lead Hillsdale.

Looking at HMB's schedule it doesn't look like its been too tough, pretty soft actually.....but 8-2 is 8-2.....so congrats on a stellar record.

BUT

until further notice, at least in my eyes...the 2 teams to beat in the CCS D4 are Scotts Valley and Menlo.

If I'm not mistaken am I correct that Menlo only lost 1 player off of last years D4 section championship team?....

and Scotts valley has some impressive victories this year....Plus a number of returning players( the Boyle sisters, Silver, Bechtle) off
of last years team that had a deep NORCAL playoff run and were the #1 seed in NORCALS.

Northbaybbguru makes the best point. Any team can go 8-2 or even 10-0, it all depends on strength of schedule. Going 8-2, which is a good thing none the less, wont help you at the end of the year for playoffs. When CCS seeding is made, it is strength of schedule and who your key wins are against. Oceana went 8-1, that doesnt mean they will be the best team in the PAL north. Westmoor is still hands down the league favorite, and they had the 4th best record out of their league this preseason. I cant see any other team from the PAL competing against the schedule they have put together. The second best team will probably be SSF behind Paul Carion, HMB following behind them. When it really comes down to it, South City and HMB will be fighting for second place, behind Westmoor going 12-0 for a 3rd straight year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT