ADVERTISEMENT

If you were either HC of @TheR or Salesian? What would your thoughts be as you had your morning coffee,…?

SFcityfan

Sports Fanatic
Jan 2, 2007
I don’t know the Salesian HC? But have only heard ONLY positive thoughts about him from known friends & local college coaches.

I do know Coach Curtin and actually in Awe of his development, dedication to @TheR and this year’s focus despite the naysayers distractions of him & his Team of Destiny team.

But if I am Curtin, “I am relaxed & focused because I know I have developed skills above talant and generated confidence in his team”.

#GoodLuckToHCofThe@TheR&SalesianHeadCoachesAsTheyBattlefor#1inNorCal

Last edited:
I don’t know the Salesian HC? But have only heard ONLY positive thoughts about him from known friends & local college coaches.

I do know Coach Curtin and actually in Awe of his development, dedication to @TheR and this year’s focus despite the naysayers distractions of him & his Team of Destiny team.

But if I am Curtin, “I am relaxed & focused because I know I have developed skills above talant and generated confidence in his team”.

ummmmm....

Well I am gonna be very honest and you respond as you want since I am one of the only ones responding.

Joey Curtin: I have the horses, we are gonna win this game.

Bill Mellis: If I had them horses I am winning it all.

Salesian juts bumped to 14. This is a great opportunity for Riordan to get on those talks. If Riordan wins I don’t see how you leave them out the TOP 25. It’s a huge game, best team today is gonna win. Salesian has a one kid, he is playing for your son. And he he started at Iolani.

So let’s keep it real, it is David versus Goliath on paper. And I wish you kept it real all year. Cause come on man, this isn’t just Kately and Tofi. It’s a very loaded team. Personally if they lose tonight I would find it disappointing and you should as well with a solid player within the family. If you make the trip to CCC feel free to say what’s up.

And the reason I say this is very important game by the way, is you say players want to come to the R, well if they can’t win state titles or at least get there with a loaded roster, do you think that lasts. In Curtin’s defense he has prep schools to contend with. To me this is a huge game for Riordan, and it’s not just players want to come. Headed to Salesian now, my son has track practice then headed to CCC, 4th grade kids come first.

Last edited:
Reactions: LecheDeMiPalo
Well I am gonna be very honest and you respond as you want since I am one of the only ones responding.

Joey Curtin: I have the horses, we are gonna win this game.

Bill Mellis: If I had them horses I am winning it all.

Salesian juts bumped to 14. This is a great opportunity for Riordan to get on those talks. If Riordan wins I don’t see how you leave them out the TOP 25. It’s a huge game, best team today is gonna win. Salesian has a one kid, he is playing for your son. And he he started at Iolani.

So let’s keep it real, it is David versus Goliath on paper. And I wish you kept it real all year. Cause come on man, this isn’t just Kately and Tofi. It’s a very loaded team. Personally if they lose tonight I would find it disappointing and you should as well with a solid player within the family. If you make the trip to CCC feel free to say what’s up.

And the reason I say this is very important game by the way, is you say players want to come to the R, well if they can’t win state titles or at least get there with a loaded roster, do you think that lasts. In Curtin’s defense he has prep schools to contend with. To me this is a huge game for Riordan, and it’s not just players want to come. Headed to Salesian now, my son has track practice then headed to CCC, 4th grade kids come first.
I am glad Tofi is on the bench bc Kately & Tofi could NOT qualify for D1 or Open,…I recall they were DIII?

One can’t compare Kately & Tofi teams to the Riordan 90 of Isola era s and you can’t compare them vs @TheR of the Curtin era too; those two I would compare

I don’t post for reply’s…I post my opinions,…as Dave would say, “Keeping it Real”

#ImayNotAlwaysBeRight,butNeverWrong

Last edited:
I am glad Tofi is on the bench bc Kately & Tofi could NOT qualify for D1 or Open,…I recall they were DIII?

One can’t compare Kately & Tofi teams to the Riordan 90 of Isola era s and you can’t compare them vs @TheR of the Curtin era too; those two I would compare

I don’t post for reply’s…I post my opinions,…as Dave would say, “Keeping it Real”

#ImayNotAlwaysBeRight,butNeverWrong

Wow that’s your response. Are you on medication. There was no open. D3 was the strongest division. Riordan was the number 1 team in the bay the year Tofi won it. WCAL schools that played D1 and D2 were SI, Bellarmine, and St Francis when enrollment was in play. Who beat Riordan SHC. In the WCAL title game, in the CCS title game, 2-2, Tofi and squad won the NorCal and the state. Ain’t no WCAL team or any other team in the Bay Area could mess with that team. It’s why they were ranked 1 in the bay. You disappoint me Mr. Basketball. You should know this. Riordan was 1, SHC 2 that year. And the team they beat, two guys made millions in the league. As for Isola, there were 3 divisions. Therefore Riordan was D1. But you could play up, and so they did. Just like Jkidd and 300 students at St Joes did. You realize the 90’s Riordan team and St Joes would blow the socks off of any team in the Bay Area at this moment. It wouldn’t be pretty. Anyways too bad the biggest Riordan fan is gonna watch it at home. I was gonna buy you some popcorn.

By the way Tofi’s team blew it in the Burlingame tournament. Kind of like Umiversity in their own tournament. If Salesian wins tonight please don’t put #playerswanttocometotheR. They already have the players, this team should not lose

Good to see John Tofi lead the Crusaders on to the floor. Would have been something if someone from Salesian state team would have led them out.

Biggest game in Nor Cal Sold Out.

Well, everyone is on the lookout for all the off-ball movement that is the hallmark of Salesian’s offense…

Loving nails a 3 for the Pride…. 47-44 Pride, Riordan time out, 1:13 left.

It wasnt the refs, Riordan crowd was going nuts on a call that was in their favor. It was no offense. In a game like this down 3, no offense gets the two wild shots in the end. Fantastic game, athleticism doesn’t win it in the end once again
what wasnt the refs?

Good hard-fought game with a lot of talent on the floor. Salesian just executed better in the 2nd half and they get after it on defense. Riordan maybe even better next year, return a lot of talent and I am sure they will have some more transfers coming in.

Both sides were crying fouls. Unforced turnovers and missed FTs were the difference. Riordan switching man D was really good. Why they went to a 1-3-1 zone was a head scratcher.

Reactions: rabbit5
A tale of two halves - RIordan was real good in the first and Salesian was very good in the second. Tough loss for the Crusaders - they had their chances but couldn't close it out. Kudos to Coach Mellis and the Pride for an incredible season so far and good luck against SoCal in the finals.

Good hard-fought game with a lot of talent on the floor. Salesian just executed better in the 2nd half and they get after it on defense. Riordan maybe even better next year, return a lot of talent and I am sure they will have some more transfers coming in.

With all due respect I think it is funny to hear they will be better. Do they need two starting fives? They throw up wild shots. Tons of one on one basketball. Grab a blank sheet of paper and hold it up. That’s the play book. Everyone in the east bay knows it. Sit with the Salesian crowd or the guys who have coached high level. They are by far one of the most talented teams the Bay Area has had in years. I don’t know if this is true but the kid from Serbia is damn good and I was told he played in their national team. With all due respect again, Salesian has a transfer from Iolani.

The refs as always missed calls on both teams. There was an obvious charge missed on Sensely in the 2nd quarter that would have been his 3rd foul. And an obvious block call that took away an and 1 late in the game for Salesian. They also missed an obvious travel when Riordan was taking the ball out and the inbounded was walking (not after a made shot). Riordan had a lot of turnovers where they just fell down. But that’s what the pride defense does. Riordan has the bigger names but Salesian plays 8-10 guys and they are all good. Free throws kept Salesian close in the first half. And man what a huuuuuuge 3 by loving!

The game was amazing, but at the end it was the teams with less turnover and hitting big shots.

Once Salesian hit the bank double clutch shot, you know the ball was going to bounce a certain way rest of the game! Then the next big play was Rencher's 3 pt foul and fouling out at the same time.

Lastly, lets talk about that 6 seconds left... That was a loose ball foul on Salesians! Sensely got to the ball first and pushed. At the time and the moment in the game, the refs did not blow the whistle. Should've been Riordan ball.....

Home court advantage was big. Hats off, Good Luck to Salesians. Bring it home for NorCal

The refs as always missed calls on both teams. There was an obvious charge missed on Sensely in the 2nd quarter that would have been his 3rd foul. And an obvious block call that took away an and 1 late in the game for Salesian. They also missed an obvious travel when Riordan was taking the ball out and the inbounded was walking (not after a made shot). Riordan had a lot of turnovers where they just fell down. But that’s what the pride defense does. Riordan has the bigger names but Salesian plays 8-10 guys and they are all good. Free throws kept Salesian close in the first half. And man what a huuuuuuge 3 by loving!

I thought the refs did a good job. Assists to turnover ratio is a huge thing in high school basketball. I would love to know what that was tonight.

there is no such thing as traveling on a player who is inbounding the ball.
those are not missed calls, but they are passed on plays. often times the defense was legal, the offense was legal and the contact was marginal.... not all contact is a foul.

The game was amazing, but at the end it was the teams with less turnover and hitting big shots.

Once Salesian hit the bank double clutch shot, you know the ball was going to bounce a certain way rest of the game! Then the next big play was Rencher's 3 pt foul and fouling out at the same time.

Lastly, lets talk about that 6 seconds left... That was a loose ball foul on Salesians! Sensely got to the ball first and pushed. At the time and the moment in the game, the refs did not blow the whistle. Should've been Riordan ball.....

Home court advantage was big. Hats off, Good Luck to Salesians. Bring it home for NorCal
there is no such thing as loose ball foul in high school. or over the back. or 8 seconds... please share that info with your friends.
and there is no S at the end of Salesian.

Reactions: Eastbayhoops

Sorry to say it, but you are not going to get that call with 11 seconds left and a shot is chucked up. Refs are gonna let kids scramble. That would be rewarding a team for taking a very poor shot down 3. If you make that call your handed a chance, which did happen and another shot was flung up.

🤣🤣 wearing your Lakers gear sitting on the Salesian side!! I 👀 ya 👊
Glad you saw me. But next time come say hello so I know who you are and I can break down the game for you. I mean the guy next to me had a blank piece of paper. He was scouting for Harvard Westlake and figured he needed paper to write down plays. Unfortunately he never took the cap off the pen. He already had Salesian down from the Damien tournament. That’s the unfortunate side of when you travel to So Cal for tournaments.

Reactions: ayalar09
Glad you saw me. But next time come say hello so I know who you are and I can break down the game for you. I mean the guy next to me had a blank piece of paper. He was scouting for Harvard Westlake and figured he needed paper to write down plays. Unfortunately he never took the cap off the pen. He already had Salesian down from the Damien tournament. That’s the unfortunate side of when you travel to So Cal for tournaments.
I was sitting with RB and Los and trust me bro I don't need you to break the game down for me lol

I was sitting with RB and Los and trust me bro I don't need you to break the game down for me lol
Good shit. Just got off the phone with RB this evening. Wish he had such talent. And I was told Dorian and Ray is not in the hall of fame. You all should be making noise on that. Just my two cents.

Good shit. Just got off the phone with RB this evening. Wish he had such talent. And I was told Dorian and Ray is not in the hall of fame. You all should be making noise on that. Just my two cents.
I'm way ahead of you pushing for Doe and Ray to get in. My dad is in the Riordan HOF and he agrees with us. I will keep being vocal about it no doubt

there is no such thing as traveling on a player who is inbounding the ball.
those are not missed calls, but they are passed on plays. often times the defense was legal, the offense was legal and the contact was marginal.... not all contact is a foul.
Yes there is. The only time you can move when taking it out is after a made basket otherwise it’s a travel

Reactions: dlew66 and rabbit5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT