ADVERTISEMENT

If you were either HC of @TheR or Salesian? What would your thoughts be as you had your morning coffee,…?

First of all, great game by Salesian.the winner take the spoils.

As this match was always Sophie’s Choice to me, but I will admit I truly believed @TheR would take the trifecta,

From what I could tell,..it was a good, great game.

And that is all I could ask from Coach Curtin & crew.

As far as DIII the top Div…You just don’t know

I'm way ahead of you pushing for Doe and Ray to get in. My dad is in the Riordan HOF and he agrees with us. I will keep being vocal about it no doubt
Well when certain people are, that’s a wild thought in my book. That Riordan team would run circles around the current. Personally I think them going in with the state title team would have been a good time.

Pride goes to Sac!
Best “teams” won tonight . SRV and Salesian. Not a surprise to see them turn it up on the opposition in the 2nd half . Look at Salesians defense in the 4th, it was Superior. Riordan was fortunate to have an opportunity at a tie. Regardless of potential Salesian is better and so is SRV. Congratulations to Oakland tech. What a season for Bay Area high school basketball!

The Difference in this game tonight was coaching Riordan simply were out coached. Both these teams will be really deep next year as well as Modesto Christian.
Coach didn’t commit several unforced turnovers or missed FTs.

First of all, great game by Salesian.the winner take the spoils.

As this match was always Sophie’s Choice to me, but I will admit I truly believed @TheR would take the trifecta,

From what I could tell,..it was a good, great game.

And that is all I could ask from Coach Curtin & crew.

As far as DIII the top Div…You just don’t know
So your saying the D1 and D2 was the better divisions.
Coach didn’t commit several unforced turnovers or missed FTs.

You make a fantastic point. But coaches can limit a high amount of turnovers by commanding the play calling and taking better care of the ball. At this level every possession counts. And not sure what the last 11 seconds was. But when that kid from Serbia drained that Steph Curry 3, might have been a good idea to run him off something like the Warriors do with Steph to get a great look. That second to last shot was a no look.

Reactions: rabbit5
My 2 cents. These games went exactly how most of us thought they would go.
Salesian made adjustments at halftime and grinded like they always do. Discipline, team work, and know your role. Add in a bunch of low d1 and high d2 kids and you got a heck of a team. Riordan had a great season and will be a tough next year. Just need to clean a few things up but no shame in losing to Salesian.

I think Salesian will play HW very tough. Got to keep game at most in 50's if they are going to win.
On paper, SJB will be a tough one for SRV. However, SRV is a damn good team with enough in the tank to pull a big upset if you ask me.

Both these games will be hard for the north but I like what we bring.

On the Riordan plus side - I thought that Zion played a really solid game especially given his early foul trouble. He played under control and was trying to settle everybody down when Salesian made their 2nd half run. Nes played really well and was a MAJOR factor on both ends - really hustling on both ends. Hillman had his usual steady game but Salesian had enough size to contest on his dribble drives which made it difficult. Curcic had a nice overall game hitting big shots.

Just too many turnovers and Riordan lost their composure when Salesian made their runs in the second half. Frankly, the game turned out almost exactly as I thought it would. I've followed Salesian the past two years in the NCS and NorCal playoffs and have come to really like this team/program. I love the way they all buy into the system, bust a$$, and play as a team. Coach Mellis and his staff run a great program.

On the Riordan plus side - I thought that Zion played a really solid game especially given his early foul trouble. He played under control and was trying to settle everybody down when Salesian made their 2nd half run. Nes played really well and was a MAJOR factor on both ends - really hustling on both ends. Hillman had his usual steady game but Salesian had enough size to contest on his dribble drives which made it difficult. Curcic had a nice overall game hitting big shots.

Just too many turnovers and Riordan lost their composure when Salesian made their runs in the second half. Frankly, the game turned out almost exactly as I thought it would. I've followed Salesian the past two years in the NCS and NorCal playoffs and have come to really like this team/program. I love the way they all buy into the system, bust a$$, and play as a team. Coach Mellis and his staff run a great program.
I thought Riordan had a chance after withstanding Salesian's suffocating D and scoring barrage to start the 2nd half. Salesian went ahead briefly, but then Riordan got it back to end the 3rd Qtr. It came down to the last 2 minutes and Salesian hit a huge 3 to give them the lead and their D stopped any Riordan comeback. This was a great game by 2 solid programs. Good luck to Salesian on Saturday!

Honestly I feel for these players if the Class of 2024. I realize they will feel as if they things undone. But I have told many of them personally, “They have returned @TheR to the Riordan of old & surpassed the Archbishop Riordan mindset
Riordan that win ties in WCAL championships, get 2nd place in CSS and claims Victory in DIII.

I realize their is a mindset of let’s make Riordan great again. My mantra is let’s make @TheR great again to where it dominated and not be satisfied with droped Div to win state game or hang watered down accomplishments

@TheR is okay, On this morning after bc @TheR we don’t rebuild we remodel

Honestly I feel for these players if the Class of 2024. I realize they will feel as if they things undone. But I have told many of them personally, “They have returned @TheR to the Riordan of old & surpassed the Archbishop Riordan mindset
Riordan that win ties in WCAL championships, get 2nd place in CSS and claims Victory in DIII.

I realize their is a mindset of let’s make Riordan great again. My mantra is let’s make @TheR great again to where it dominated and not be satisfied with droped Div to win state game or hang watered down accomplishments

they havent won a title in 20 years? what exactly are they returning to?
this some low hanging fruit

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Yes there is. The only time you can move when taking it out is after a made basket otherwise it’s a travel
I did the homework for you.

From the NFHS rule book - rule 4-41-6NOTE- "Pivot-foot restrictions and the travelling rule are not in effect on the throw-in'.

Dude so you take away from losing the WCAL title, CCS, and having to go on the road to little Hoosiers/Enterprise and then walk thru metal detectors at Foothill and a sign in the wall saying start the bus bitch cause it’s all over. That Forslund ripped off the wall and brought into the locker room.

You are clueless. That Riordan team had balls of steel.

They knew if they had neutral refs it was going to be a whole different game and that’s exactly what happened. Passed up Forslund’s team. LMAO

One thing I notice with this group is they all hustle. Both teams played hard, but I saw Salesian guys on the floor and getting after it without hesitation. Sometimes it’s about who wants it just a little more.

SPEAK F*CKING ENGLISH BAKA!

Oh nice. You won a CCS Open title too! Congrats! Great season by Riordan. Time to go to that ATM again to see what players you can buy, .... I mean convince to transfer in next season.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers

Oh nice. You won a CCS Open title too! Congrats! Great season by Riordan. Time to go to that ATM again to see what players you can buy, .... I mean convince to transfer in next season.
Please show the receipts.

Riordan had a good season. SALESIAN EXPOSED the one true weakness the Crusaders had. They were not a good ball handling team and they didn't have a point guard.

They did it by committee for most of the year and they didn't play teams that really pressure. That was Salesians real chance to pressure the ball and they made the game ugly and low scoring, which played to there advantage.

GOOD game Pride. The Crusaders will be back to dominant the WCAL and our side of the Bay.

Riordan had a good season. SALESIAN EXPOSED the one true weakness the Crusaders had. They were not a good ball handling team and they didn't have a point guard.

They did it by committee for most of the year and they didn't play teams that really pressure. That was Salesians real chance to pressure the ball and they made the game ugly and low scoring, which played to there advantage.

GOOD game Pride. The Crusaders will be back to dominant the WCAL and our side of the Bay.
any 5'11 lead guards over in the congo looking for that american dream? i also hear they tend to hang out in the DR and would love to come to the SFC

Reactions: SF_Mikey

Always go to the checkbook writing. You might want to worry about your school. 0-2023 in football after throwing our program under the bus trying to get kids. Got blown out by both City schools in basketball. At least Riordan is in the Open conversation for both sports. Lots of 8th graders and their families saw how it's done at Riordan while being in a packed house and watching a 40+ point blowout of your team. Try to stay relevant.

Riordan had a very good year. But don’t kid yourself that anything less than a state championship is underachieving when you put that much talent and size on a high school roster. This year was the perfect opportunity because nobody is socal is overwhelming athletically.

Riordan had a very good year. But don’t kid yourself that anything less than a state championship is underachieving when you put that much talent and size on a high school roster. This year was the perfect opportunity because nobody is socal is overwhelming athletically.
reminiscent of the 73 win warriors.

I don’t know much about Riordans team but my understanding is Sensely will be going to saint marys next year right? From what I saw without him this team wasn’t that great. Not trying to be negative but both games I watched if he wasn’t scoring Riordan was in trouble. Who replaces his contributions next year?

Eight varsity players return including the 5 core starters/rotation: 6-4 Andrew Hilman, 6-6 Jasir Rencher, 6-2 Ryder Bush, 6-10 Nes Emeneke and 6-6 John Tofi Jr. Add Tommy Tofi, Jasen Davis and Cole White.

Hey, welcome back Superle.!! Been awhile.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Sorry to say it, but you are not going to get that call with 11 seconds left and a shot is chucked up. Refs are gonna let kids scramble. That would be rewarding a team for taking a very poor shot down 3. If you make that call your handed a chance, which did happen and another shot was flung up.

Always go to the checkbook writing. You might want to worry about your school. 0-2023 in football after throwing our program under the bus trying to get kids. Got blown out by both City schools in basketball. At least Riordan is in the Open conversation for both sports. Lots of 8th graders and their families saw how it's done at Riordan while being in a packed house and watching a 40+ point blowout of your team. Try to stay relevant.

SHC spent all their money on the new scores table and the score board. They had different priorities with their money...

SHC spent all their money on the new scores table and the score board. They had different priorities with their money...
And it was broken during the Riordan game. They had to get a temporary one to keep score and shot clock time. No one was even in the gym and it was Senior night.

• Haha
Reactions: sylvan
I did the homework for you.

From the NFHS rule book - rule 4-41-6NOTE- "Pivot-foot restrictions and the travelling rule are not in effect on the throw-in'.

are you saying running the baseline is always allowed or is it semantics and you're saying it can be a violation, but it's not a travel

Dude so you take away from losing the WCAL title, CCS, and having to go on the road to little Hoosiers/Enterprise and then walk thru metal detectors at Foothill and a sign in the wall saying start the bus bitch cause it’s all over. That Forslund ripped off the wall and brought into the locker room.

You are clueless. That Riordan team had balls of steel.

They knew if they had neutral refs it was going to be a whole different game and that’s exactly what happened. Passed up Forslund’s team. LMAO
I didn’t pass up,…did not include.

Much respect to Coach Forslund, but IT wasn’t the top notch in HS prep basketball, if you can’t believe the truth and choose Truthful Hyperbole?

Try to come out of “let’s make Riordan great again mentality” aka….”Kanye”

That’s a great question.
This is where @TheR is reminded of the 90’s team. Those players built legacies in their own right.

I am not saying those players and coaches don’t recognize Banners. It was about the number of players who recieved D1 opportunities and went on to make their own Riordan Folklore

Banner weren’t the goal, they were the buy products

But I don’t think you can understand that concept

Last edited:
are you saying running the baseline is always allowed or is it semantics and you're saying it can be a violation, but it's not a travel
and he said you cannot move.. which is also incorrect. you can go left or right 3 feet, you can jump, and you can run backwards.

Because no one is naive to think when a school accumulates the ridiculous talent one has that it is completely organic. Or are you just deflecting the obvious? What your school does is far any ruling body observes is completely legal. If thats how they want to do it, no complaints here. I love watching awesome basketball. Yesterday's game was phenomenal. They should run it back next week because it was ultra competitive.

Again, Riordan had a great season. They are getting ever so close to the state finals. Wouldnt be surprised if they made one more leap next season.

Salesian was better coached and have a better basketball team with kids that accept their roles. For all the “athletes” Riordan had some more skill, structure and discipline was needed to win that game. I watched a kid with “offers” that couldn’t even dribble last night.

Salesian was better coached and have a better basketball team with kids that accept their roles. For all the “athletes” Riordan had some more skill, structure and discipline was needed to win that game. I watched a kid with “offers” that couldn’t even dribble last night.
The kid really struggled last night. Been impressed with Salesian all year. Now go get State!
Why don’t the Salesian kids have more offers? I see easily 5-7 kids that should be playing at the next level D1/D2. It’s certainly not the lack of exposure.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT