ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone live streaming Mitty @ Clet tonight?

Paytc

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2014
I'm sure not everyone that wants to see the game will be able to make it and/ or fit into the small gym. So if there is anyone live streaming the game please provide the info. Or at worse case can someone in attendance post a few updates?

I'm sure not everyone that wants to see the game will be able to make it and/ or fit into the small gym. So if there is anyone live streaming the game please provide the info. Or at worse case can someone in attendance post a few updates?

Clet was severely outcoached and maneuvered for the 3rd game in a row. On paper this team should be one of the best in the state. 2 D1 girls 6'2 or taller coupled with multiple guards who can handle with a high IQ and can flat out stroke the 3. Severe underachievement starting to set in. The offensive scheme is far too basic. Sue Phillips completely schooled these guys today.

Clet was severely outcoached and maneuvered for the 3rd game in a row.

3rd in a row? Somehow I don’t think they were outcoached Friday night, when they clobbered visiting Dougherty Valley with their JV coach at the helm 62-16. Maybe they should have beaten them by 80?

would guess he's talking SJND last weekend. and, Jazz (RIP) notwithstanding, Coach Phillips can do that to you.

Reactions: observer22
3rd in a row? Somehow I don’t think they were outcoached Friday night, when they clobbered visiting Dougherty Valley with their JV coach at the helm 62-16. Maybe they should have beaten them by 80?

I haven't seen them play live since the final game of the WCJ. So I can't comment on my opinion of what I think they are doing or not doing. I will say they stacked a couple of challenging games back to back and it's not totally surprising they loss to two good teams, especially Mitty. But based on that tough schedule, and being I think 16-4, they are still ok IMO. Hopefully they are still working to become better overall as a team. Some of their issues might be a little deeper than just coaching. And challenging games help new coaches see just which players play best under tougher challenges than other players do. And it not surprising to see a few peaks and valleys in their coaching and playing performance. Could they be a bit exhausted playing such a stiff schedule to this point? Also I think Sue has spent a little more time coaching girls basketball and with the players on her team than two new guys who are just getting their feet wet to my knowledge on Bay area high school girls basketball. That said, like players, coaches can have good and bad days at the office. My prediction for Clet was to do pretty much what they have been doing the past 3 or 4 years in the pre and regular season. And that is win 20 or more games. I think they will get their 20 wins. Then the purpose of the pre season and regular season is to find a way to win a game or so in the Open Division tournament. Of course that will come after the NCS tournament, which won't be easy to three peat over heritage, should both teams make it to the championship. I'm not sure if SJND will be in the same NCS mix as Clet and Heritage? If so, they will also be tough to beat. As will most likely a few others. Hopefully Clet will be battle tested and peaking in late February/ March. Congratulations to Mitty !

thanks for the article observer... obviously some might call me a mitty homer, but I think this is clear even to an outside observer, and I'd like to hear from others who were at the game...

those new guys really were outcoached.. It was pretty clear in person in regards to game plans and adjustments.. and should be clear by looking at the box score.. If you let a teams 3 top scorers go for 20+ each, you did not come in with a good game plan or you didn't make any adjustments along the way... or both..

OnBall8 - just curious, what adjustments should have made?
well now that is a bit of a trick question haha

to start, "should" and "could" are 2 different statements because who knows if adjustments would have worked or made a difference in score as AM looked that good on monday (imo). Secondly, I'm a fan so I'm not going to pretend I know all and that if I was at the helm of c-let that they would have won. In my mind when facing a team with a superstar there's 2 trains of thought.. do all you can to stop the star and make the "others" beat you or make the star carry the heavy load and make sure the "others" don't beat you. Obviously the AM "others" showed they can be better than average (which btw everyone stated they were average in the preseason) so that makes it harder. But how many times did you see HJ doubled while bringing the ball up the court (she was doubled in the post often)? How many times was hernandez doubled? Its all easier said than done obviously, and like I said it may not have even worked. However, once you realize something isn't working, shouldn't it be clear you need to do something different or you will continue to get picked apart?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT