ADVERTISEMENT

Just Dreaming (Regarding Teams from Napa & Solano Counties)

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Well I was truly sadden to see the Napa, Vallejo & Benicia schools departing to the NCS, but may be it is for the best (I wonder if the the other MEL/SCAC Teams will follow?). I grew up in Vacaville & Vallejo from the early 70's-early 2000's. I sure miss the good old days of the MEL & SCAL. Well like the thread posted this is a dream and I compiled my own version of leagues from the teams (not all) from Napa & Solano Counties and one from Yolo County with their win/loss record. Here goes:

MEL:

1) Wood 5-1
2) Vanden 4-2
3) Vintage 4-2
4) American Canyon 3-3
5) Vacaville 2-4
6) Napa 0-6

SCAC:

1) Benicia 4-2
2) Rodriquez 3-3
3) Armijo 3-3
4) Bethel 3-4
5) Vallejo 2-4
6) Fairfield 1-5

SCAL(Superior California Athletic League):

1) Winters 6-0
2) Rio Vista 5-1
3) St. Helena 4-2
4) Vacaville Christian 4-2
5) St.Patrick's/St.Vincent's 3-3
6) Dixon 3-3

Well I was truly sadden to see the Napa, Vallejo & Benicia schools departing to the NCS, but may be it is for the best (I wonder if the the other MEL/SCAC Teams will follow?). I grew up in Vacaville & Vallejo from the early 70's-early 2000's. I sure miss the good old days of the MEL & SCAL. Well like the thread posted this is a dream and I compiled my own version of leagues from the teams (not all) from Napa & Solano Counties and one from Yolo County with their win/loss record. Here goes:

MEL:

1) Wood 5-1
2) Vanden 4-2
3) Vintage 4-2
4) American Canyon 3-3
5) Vacaville 2-4
6) Napa 0-6

SCAC:

1) Benicia 4-2
2) Rodriquez 3-3
3) Armijo 3-3
4) Bethel 3-4
5) Vallejo 2-4
6) Fairfield 1-5

SCAL(Superior California Athletic League):

1) Winters 6-0
2) Rio Vista 5-1
3) St. Helena 4-2
4) Vacaville Christian 4-2
5) St.Patrick's/St.Vincent's 3-3
6) Dixon 3-3
NCSCAL......I think what we see now for the league set up will stand for a little while...what confusing is how come Napa after years of power house football. is doing so bad....and I would have thought that Vintage would pick up some from Napa and put up a stronger performance. But Vintage did knock off Bellarmine 26-14, so that's not too shabby...

Greetings Bluedog2,

Great to hear from you again. Yeah, I know that's why I said dreaming. But I saw Vintage was rising last year and thought they wud take care of Wood. As we both know American Canyon & Napa have new coaches this year. I was totally shocked too about Napa but the new coach is using the Spread...as we know it is whole lot different then Napa's Bread & Butter Grind It Out Football of days past. How they dropped with their players is jus a major head scratcher...i was wishing them well this year...but wow...btw, do you know where Troy Mott is and what he is doing? He is a very, very good coach!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT