ADVERTISEMENT

KENNEDY (RICHMOND CA), ST. PATS/ST.VIN, SALESIAN

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
What the heck is going on with Kennedy????

is there no control over in Richmond? who is in charge?

On 2/2 Kennedy vs. St Pats/St. Vincent a full on bench clearing brawl on the court in the 4th quarter.
From what I understand, PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS were caught on tape throwing hay-maker punches and complete bedlam insued. The game was called midway thru the 4th quarter.

I waited to hear what Gil lemon (NCS commissioner) would say and what penalties would arise...and I haven't heard of anything being done. nothing has been reported at least.

THEN....

LAST NIGHT AGAIN!!!

Salesian vs Kennedy.....another bench clearing brawl occurred with PARENTS, COACHES AND PARENTS AGAIN involved. And AGAIN the game was called in the 4th.

Unless you were on the court to grab your kid and pull her out of the melee, there is no excuse to be on the court. And if a parent or coach was throwing punches????? Coach need to be immediately fired.....and parents should be banned from attending any more games the rest of the season. That is UNACCEPTABLE....I DONT CARE WHAT EXCUSE YOU COME UP WITH....THAT CANNOT HAPPEN!!!

Was anyone there to shed some light on this???

Minyon Moore's mom are you out there? You have always been fair and level headed and I trust your take...were you there? and what the heck went down?

Thanks

I agree, this is totally unacceptable. Luckily in this day and age there are always cameras rolling, whether it is dad filming from high up in the stands or someone's cell phone.

Gil and the Kennedy admin need to get this addressed ASAP.

It looks like their season is over, but they may qualify for NCS with a .500 overall record. I wouldn't be surprised to see them either banned from the postseason or just not apply for a spot.

All parties involved hold equal responsibility Kennedy, Salesian and St Patricks.
In neither incident did coaches or parents give involved in any fighting. Both are indeed on video tape. Hearsay has no place in sports. I'm sure Gil will investigate and do what he deems fit.

I had heard from a friend who was at the St Pats/Kennedy game that the coaches and parents were on the court throwing punches.
That is was absolutely crazy. But perhaps my witness was mistaken.
I'm curious to see what comes of it.

And as far as Salesian and kennedy. Kennedy just may end up the 16 seed with Salesian as the 1. That may be a problem. Probably best for all involved if Kennedy doesn't make the post season.

That's just my opinion.

All parties involved hold equal responsibility Kennedy, Salesian and St Patricks.
In neither incident did coaches or parents give involved in any fighting. Both are indeed on video tape. Hearsay has no place in sports. I'm sure Gil will investigate and do what he deems fit.

Since Kennedy was involved in both of these brawls, I'd say responsibility isn't equal.

Time to do what Oakland unified did back when I played. Games at 3pm with locked gym doors. Fun times.

Equal responsibility??? 2 Bench clearing brawls with the same team involved in Both. Not hard to figure out who may be the instigators. Not only bench players but JV kids watching the game got involved.

Reactions: wrall1127
Haven't seen anything about this other than this board. Was any action taken? Where is the video?

Richmond Police are reviewing the tape and charges may be forthcoming against the Kennedy fans and parents who came out of the stands and assaulted the Salesian players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT