ADVERTISEMENT

Late to this dance so....

BKWRDKUROUT

Sports Fanatic
Apr 28, 2007
Can anybody answer (without pissing others off)

Were any or many of the Football cancellations of the PC variety or were they legit?

Thanks in advance.

IMO anything outside of the north bay was PC variety...and we wonder why states outside of California have the perception of us they do. Try playing in Florida, Texas or South Carolina with that air and humidity...the air last night at our game was just fine. It was crispy and cold.

IMO anything outside of the north bay was PC variety...and we wonder why states outside of California have the perception of us they do. Try playing in Florida, Texas or South Carolina with that air and humidity...the air last night at our game was just fine. It was crispy and cold.
Cal played their game as well,I live in Solano Co,which cancelled all the scheduled games I knew about.But part of the fire had reached Fairfield,in fact my neighborhood was under advisory.So Solano cancellations seem justified.Playing in heat and humidity versus playing in fire smoked atr are two different things entirely.If the hillbillys want to play breathing in smoke residue that's their privilege.But yes,I agree some games could have been played in certain loations,but weren't.

The mid-peninsula outside SF such as San Mateo, SF itself and the coastal cities such as Half Moon Bay all had that burnt smell and very hazy skies. I don't think games were postponed on a singular basis and pretty much they simply did league by league as a safety precaution. remc could not be more correct in his assessment and comments as multiple health sources have stated that there are large amounts of pollutants in the air driven by high winds to other areas not closely adjacent to the fires [ie: def not good for your health to breath].

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT