ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Webb gets the nod for the Giants

bella123

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2003
Local kid kids takes the hill for the hometown team. Looks pretty good after setting down in the first. Hopefully with Beede and Anderson he can help form the future of the staff.

This has been a great story to follow. Took his suspension, came back and gets his shot. I'm happy it worked out this way.

A great outing from another hometown kid for the Giants today by Sammy Long (Del Dampo). It is one start and the kid was out of ball for awhile, so not expecting Cy Young 2.0. Long journey and cool to see.

But possibly could give them an extra arm. The trash bullpen needs the help and is their Achilles.

Last edited:
A great outing from another hometown kid for the Giants today by Sammy Long (Del Dampo). It is one start and the kid was out of ball for awhile, so not expecting Cy Young 2.0. Long journey and cool to see.

But possibly could give them an extra arm. The trash bullpen needs the help and is their Achilles.

Once again the pen blew 2 save opportunities and blew the game ultimately

Went to the game tonight and Webb was absolutely dealing. So glad Kapler went with him for game 1. Gausman has been great the first 1/2 of this year, but Webb is their Ace of the future and the guy to build their rotation around.

Went to the game tonight and Webb was absolutely dealing. So glad Kapler went with him for game 1. Gausman has been great the first 1/2 of this year, but Webb is their Ace of the future and the guy to build their rotation around.
Glad we have Webb going tonight and Rogers, McGhee and Doval are reasonably rested. Julio Urius get's an average of 7 runs worth of support when he starts. Me thinks the Dodgers will be lucky to get more than four runs off this foursome.

Reactions: bella123
Glad we have Webb going tonight and Rogers, McGhee and Doval are reasonably rested. Julio Urius get's an average of 7 runs worth of support when he starts. Me thinks the Dodgers will be lucky to get more than four runs off this foursome.
Yeah very fortunate he’s going. But it’s going to be really hard for Webb to duplicate that last start. I think he has to go at least 7. Rogers scares me and I McGhee has been so up and down. I’d put it in Doval’s hands if it gets there. The big problem is the Giants need to hit. All year if they didn’t hit bombs they didn’t score. Against playoff pitching that doesn’t work. Can’t remember how many left on base for the night but they need a clutch hit, it doesn’t have to be a homer. Yeah I’ll be testing the liver today for sure ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bubba3000
Yeah very fortunate he’s going. But it’s going to be really hard for Webb to duplicate that last start. I think he has to go at least 7. Rogers scares me and I McGhee has been so up and down. I’d put it in Doval’s hands if it gets there. The big problem is the Giants need to hit. All year if they didn’t hit bombs they didn’t score. Against playoff pitching that doesn’t work. Can’t remember how many left on base for the night but they need a clutch hit, it doesn’t have to be a homer. Yeah I’ll be testing the liver today for sure ;)
I think Webb going six innings would be enough, but I would prefer 7. Rogers in seventh, McCheese in 8th and Doval in ninth. Giants can't afford to strand many runners against Urius because they probably won't get many opportunities. If you told me the Giants would beat Scherzer 1-0 with a big strike zone I would have never believed you.

Last edited:
We just need to get the jump early on the Doyers, if we let them get the jump early it’s a wrap

Urias not starting? Going good with Knebel. Urias will be fresh for the Braves I guess.

Or force us to put our RHP batting lineup then put in Urias to close last 6 innings of the game against a more favorable lineup

Urias not starting? Going good with Knebel. Urias will be fresh for the Braves I guess.
I hope the Dodgers are looking that far ahead! Might prove similar to the Brewers saving Corbin Burnes for a game 5 that never happened.

Incredible season for the Giants, I'm so proud of those guys! Now we can sit back, cheer for the Braves doing the tomahawk chop and rooting against the best team money can buy. ;) In the off season I would love to see the Giants improve their pitching, hitting and adding a little team speed wouldn't hurt either.

Incredible season for the Giants, I'm so proud of those guys! Now we can sit back, cheer for the Braves doing the tomahawk chop and rooting against the best team money can buy. ;) In the off season I would love to see the Giants improve their pitching, hitting and adding a little team speed wouldn't hurt either.
Agree on the off season moves. They do have some speed (Duggar and Slater) but the problem is they are not everyday starters. Starting pitching needs to be addressed. They have $$$ coming of the books so then can be active.

Yes will rooting for the Braves. None of that SEC..SEC ball riding syndrome rooting for the Dodgers and chanting “NL West”. Rooting for a whole league or league rival is so lame. Worst move in sports

Can't pitch much better than Logan did in this series

Pretty bitter taste. Natural to place blame on the 1B ump, but more on HP ump Doug Edings who score 92% accuracy throughout the season which is actually worse than fan hate favorite Angel Hernandez. Edings was absolutely a killer calling over and over that outside pitch a strike and striking out Bryant on that clear ball 4 that pretty much touched the ground. Honestly feel that was the game there. Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, I think the Giants get 1 or 2 there.
I just want to see robo ump behind the plate before I die. Im tired of having human error when it serves no purpose to allow it in the game.

I watched more MLB games this year than possibly any year of my life. During those games I saw two or three home plate umpires that I thought were absolutely lights out with their consistency and that’s all we can ever hope for. When there is only one extremely important playoff game on the entire MLB slate, why can’t the very best umpires be flown in to call a game? In addition, they go to great lengths to get calls correct by involving New York. since those umps in New York are already in place I’m in favor of allowing each team one check swing challenge to be used anytime during a game or at least allow it once after the 8th inning when games are truly on the line.

Look up Ethan Singer’s research on this. One will find that the “best” umpires are typically assigned. And the analysis is super deep. There’s no hiding your ability once statcast crunches your calls. Yes, they miss some. On unreviewable situations, it stands out. In fact, there are even grading systems via video in Bay Area high school football officials associations!
Most V games.

Still sucks but Kap put the series loss in perspective as he’s the one who, despite pre-season estimates, led the Gyros to their BEST season…ever.

Rule changes are a given. It’s going to be weird seeing the DH in the NL next year.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT