ADVERTISEMENT

Mor Seck to Prolific Prep

Riordan will be good. Solid. In the top four I. leqgue They have two transfers that will play this year. 6 foot 5 wing types with KJW and a solid cast of players. Good size at 6 foot 4 [at least 3 other players] etc....They have some talent in the pipeline...

Sensely leaving is puzzling. What is the rush? He will go from being a starter and a first or second option to maybe not even really playing...People sell this dream about training and or going up against pros/college guys. The bottom line you get better playing on the floor. In games. Game situations. And playing in pressure situations with the game on the line. Not being a practice player.

Again this is Stephen Domingo 2.0 at the high school level.
iron sharpens iron. you bet on yourself. you cant be scared of the comp. you get better with better coaching, access, competition and focus too. if he is as good as all say he wont be sitting the bench at prolific. nobody outside of mitty can guard him in that league. he will def be against better comp now.

Reactions: ProlificPrepTV
iron sharpens iron. you bet on yourself. you cant be scared of the comp. you get better with better coaching, access, competition and focus too. if he is as good as all say he wont be sitting the bench at prolific. nobody outside of mitty can guard him in that league. he will def be against better comp now.
ok. well the last time he played Mitty He was 1 for 12 with 3 points. At the biggest stage. So. iron sharpens iron is some bs. You have to play and perform in games all the time....He got some bad information in my opinion. I hope it works out But this is a Stephen Domingo 2.0 move.

I kinda agree with SuperLe. His Junior and Senior years, I think he'll get some quality PT for Prolific Prep, but next year....I just don't see it.

The team is far too stacked for him to get significant PT...not too mention a guy like MJ Rice, who plays his position, is older, and much more experienced.

One more year at Riordan, and he may have had offers from Overtime Elite, and G-League where he could get paid.

Speaking of getting paid, is Prolific either paying these kids now, or finding avenues for them to get paid? Because otherwise Overtime Elite and G-League will always have the best players. The Mid-Tier Crop will go to Prep Schools.

Here we go again. People saying we are Paying these kids! Come on now! lol. People talk as our program does not have any VALUE or doesn't have the top resources to develop players to reach their goals. Some of our former players in College come back during the summer and say we have better sponsors, nutrition, hours spent in gym, and training resources than some of their colleges.

G-League only takes maybe 5 guys a year You better be damn good to get that offer. Those offers come after their Senior years of High School. We are talking about the .00000000000000001%. The G-League is a phenomenal path to the NBA because of its resources and dedication for the players in becoming Professionals.

Overtime Elite: Hasn't been proven yet. Their facility hasn't been built yet. They have a Shed in Atlanta they are working on. They do not even have Practice uniforms yet. But maybe they will succeed. Time will tell.

We have seen the contract since they have offered 5 of our kids this year alone. All 5 have Declined. What people do not know is the player has to pay back OVE for boarding and food, travel, facility fee, coaching, trainers, etc., which totals $224k per year in expenses. Take out taxes and lawyer fees, that isn't a very big yearly check. But it may be for some but not for all families that see a bigger picture. If OVE figures out their weaknesses, they can be a factor moving forward. Time will tell, but a lot of folks do not want to be the initial guinea pig. If it fails, every single player will be on every talk show or an ESPN 30-30 about them. But lets be realistic, if you seen their CURRENT roster, or know talent, they are the most expensive AAU team in the history of basketball at this point.

Biggest question: Who will they play? How come they haven't posted a schedule on their website?
This summer they only found one event to play in. They played MJ Rice AAU team out of NC and lost by 15. I think they are scheduled against AAU teams or post grad teams but most likely will have to go overseas (away from NBA scouts). They are begging for prep teams to play against. I am sure they are going to have to open up that checkbook soon to have a schedule in the USA. They asked us many times to play, and also Begging to play in Grind Session. They didn't think it through enough and when asked about their schedule from top players families, they dodge the question. Furthermore, Paragon marketing and ESPN have blocked them from any events or coverage. Media will play a huge part if they succeed or not. The checkbook will need to come out!

Parents definitely need to read the fine line if the league fails and what is guaranteed $ and what is not.

FACTS: Overtime Series with Prolific Prep before Covid - Resulted in 35 Million Views on Snap Chat and Youtube Alone. Over 60 Million over social media. The Media buy was by Body Armor. With NIL opening up, those numbers have a major value for future Prolific Prep players potentially.

Overtime new Series with Sunrise Christian this year - A complete Bust in Media standards. I think they stopped dropping new episodes cause of lack of views. Just read the comments section on the first episode will tell you the whole story. The Media purchasing company is unhappy and coming back to Prolific Prep this coming year. Overtime media platform has dropped this past year since forming OVE. Investors are getting very nervous we have been told. Once again, Media is a major part of a program succeeding or not. This year Prolific Prep has potentially 6-7 games lined up on ESPN Networks. OVE = 0. Prolific Prep has a value.

7 years ago people said that we were awful and ruining the High School game. Now OVE elite pops up and now I am reading people talk about how they should go to OVE instead of Prolific Prep so they can get PAID. Isn't that ironic. Unfortunately, the NBA chooses you! You do not choose when you go to the NBA......Regardless of the path you take.

To prevent false rumors which was mentioned above: We had two players who were asked to leave the program. One former players parent broke our parent code of conduct during the GEICO National Championship and was asked to leave our program a week later. The second didn't reveal his full overseas transcript till recently and was deemed a post grad player, which we cannot allow on our Prolific team or we will be ineligible for the top events.

There are a lot of different paths for kids now which is great for the game and great for the student-athlete. What might be a good route for one, may not be for someone else. Until then.....we keep riding!

Reactions: dcfan
ok. well the last time he played Mitty He was 1 for 12 with 3 points. At the biggest stage. So. iron sharpens iron is some bs. You have to play and perform in games all the time....He got some bad information in my opinion. I hope it works out But this is a Stephen Domingo 2.0 move.
i dont know a stephen domingo is that #30 from golden state? and if he went 1 for 12 versus mitty then clearly he needs better coaching and practice time. i think he will get that at prolific.

i dont know a stephen domingo is that #30 from golden state? and if he went 1 for 12 versus mitty then clearly he needs better coaching and practice time. i think he will get that at prolific.
Domingo is a kid that went to St Ignatius in the mid 2010s. Was a top 100 kid in the country. He left SI to go play at Georgetown. He left SI early after his junior year of high school and he never developed... After two years at Gtown he left for Cal. At Cal he played with Jabiri Bird and Brown, but he was just a guy.

I guess he is overseas. But he never truly developed after leaving St Ignatius for better "coaching," etc...All of these filler comments. They have similar games and demeanor. Athletic Jump Shooters and fast break players. Not good off the dribble....

Anyway I wish him well, but basketball is about timing, patience and development. You cannot develop on the bench. You have to play. I don't see what the rush is.. Aaron Gordon could've left Mitty for the hot prep school at the time in Vegas. [forgot the name] He didn't. He stayed and got better at his own pace and he learned how to dominant and take over games...

And let's not talk about the education thing. You may want to learn something abd there is no comparison educationally between the two...But to each his own.

One person doing it right is Jamari Phillips at MC the best 2024 in norcal and probably 2nd best in state. Looks like a young Demarcus Nelson. He could've went to any prep School nationally.. Maybe even that overtime league, as they did call, but his father said he can get what he wants at MC. I commend his dad for not falling into the hype and letting his son develop.

Btw, the overtime league is a project in my opinion. A wait and see. They don't have enough teams to play and you will not see them playing prep schools, etc. You have to play competition. Yeah the money is cool abd u would take it, but there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding this hoop project.

Last edited:
Reactions: dcfan and cityfan
Domingo is a kid that went to St Ignatius in the mid 2010s. Was a top 100 kid in the country. He left SI to go play at Georgetown. He left SI early after his junior year of high school and he never developed... After two years at Gtown he left for Cal. At Cal he played with Jabiri Bird and Brown, but he was just a guy.

I guess he is overseas. But he never truly developed after leaving St Ignatius for better "coaching," etc...All of these filler comments. They have similar games and demeanor. Athletic Jump Shooters and fast break players. Not good off the dribble....

Anyway I wish him well, but basketball is about timing, patience and development. You cannot develop on the bench. You have to play. I don't see what the rush is.. Aaron Gordon could've left Mitty for the hot prep school at the time in Vegas. [forgot the name] He didn't. He stayed and got better at his own pace and he learned how to dominant and take over games...

And let's not talk about the education thing. You may want to learn something abd there is no comparison educationally between the two...But to each his own.

One person doing it right is Jamari Phillips at MC the best 2024 in norcal and probably 2nd best in state. Looks like a young Demarcus Nelson. He could've went to any prep School nationally.. Maybe even that overtime league, as they did call, but his father said he can get what he wants at MC. I commend his dad for not falling into the hype and letting his son develop.

Btw, the overtime league is a project in my opinion. A wait and see. They don't have enough teams to play and you will not see them playing prep schools, etc. You have to play competition. Yeah the money is cool abd u would take it, but there are a lot of unanswered questions regarding this hoop project.
That would be Findlay Prep in Vegas which shut down unexpectedly in 2019. I understand they recently restarted the basketball program.

ok, so where did domingo go after his junior year? georgetown? or another high school? sure aaron gordon made it work at mitty, but i think the skill set of gordon is more like mor than sensley. the 4 and 5 develop different than the 2 or 3.
jamari is a sophmore so he still has time to develop. he is maybe 6'2 or 3? so he will play versus comp his stature but clearly not his skill set. by his senior year he might be ready to go as well but this year it would be a bad move. lets keep it a buck. money talks in a year or two that might be the factor.

Again.. you get my point. It's better to play then not to...And Sensley and Domingo have similar games...

And colleges are already on the kids radar. [sensely] High majors and beyond. It's better to make a name for yourself and learn how to dominate at Riordan or a typical upper tier high school, then to just be a guy, which he will be on a high level team. My opinion.

Again.. you get my point. It's better to play then not to...And Sensley and Domingo have similar games...

And colleges are already on the kids radar. [sensely] High majors and beyond. It's better to make a name for yourself and learn how to dominate at Riordan or a typical upper tier high school, then to just be a guy, which he will be on a high level team. My opinion.
Lee, you have been around a long time and I concur with everything you have posted on this thread. I am admittedly old school so I’m not a huge fan of the evolution of prep school/academy basketball. I see it’s purpose especially for the absolute cream of the crop but you have so many kids going now and way too early. Imo there is zero reason to leave a top 25 program in the state as a soph to be the 9th msn at a prep school. And can we not act like they are splitting the atom at these academics….they are practicing, lifting and doing skill work just like all players have access to at either their home high school or in their home community.

Lee, you have been around a long time and I concur with everything you have posted on this thread. I am admittedly old school so I’m not a huge fan of the evolution of prep school/academy basketball. I see it’s purpose especially for the absolute cream of the crop but you have so many kids going now and way too early. Imo there is zero reason to leave a top 25 program in the state as a soph to be the 9th msn at a prep school. And can we not act like they are splitting the atom at these academics….they are practicing, lifting and doing skill work just like all players have access to at either their home high school or in their home community.

Or I can be a young man who never seen the world and get paid to hoop and travel to places u only imagined? I rather go see then world on someone else’s dime as a kid then play the same kids I been playing since I was in 3rd grade and have dominated……yeah traveling the 101 to play Cappuchino on. Wednesday night against the kids I beat on in CYO in 5th grade is way better then traveling to Atlanta for a large tournament against other D1 players from all around the country/world, yeah totally sounds mind blowing life experience

i dont get it. who wants
Or I can be a young man who never seen the world and get paid to hoop and travel to places u only imagined? I rather go see then world on someone else’s dime as a kid then play the same kids I been playing since I was in 3rd grade and have dominated……yeah traveling the 101 to play Cappuchino on. Wednesday night against the kids I beat on in CYO in 5th grade is way better then traveling to Atlanta for a large tournament against other D1 players from all around the country/world, yeah totally sounds mind blowing life experience
not cappuchino lollllllll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT