ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D1 Semifinals

BOD with a flagrant push from behind knocking DV player into the far wall. 2 shots and DV ball

I think this happening opens up a potential spot for University in the CIF Open

Dublin/DV haven’t done enough in the regular season to warrant an open spot

D2 is probably going to be a higher seed unless Montgomery wins it. And even then they lost to a Miramonte team, University is currently beating by double digits.

O’Dowd wins D1 and one could argue they deserved the open spot, but them losing…..would be kind of a shocker to me if Uni doesn’t get a crack at the Open.

D2 is probably going to be a higher seed unless Montgomery wins it. And even then they lost to a Miramonte team, University is currently beating by double digits.

O’Dowd wins D1 and one could argue they deserved the open spot, but them losing…..would be kind of a shocker to me if Uni doesn’t get a crack at the Open.
Are you talking about University in NorCal Open?

O’Dowd missed about 12-15 free throws ad was outcoached.. imo had the better players
True, yet they hung around right up until the end. If not for that flagrant foul with 10 seconds left, they would have been down 3 at the most with a chance to tie or win on the final possession. It was the right call though, as the DV player was literally knocked off his feet with a hard shove into his back. Tough one for BOD, but the refs cannot allow a play like that without recourse. Veteran ref crew that did a good job tonight IMO.

Reactions: dcfan

What’s your logic here? Uni has two losses to SI. The WCAL’s second place team, Mitty, has beaten SI twice by 10 and 15. Uni’s strength of schedule is 15.7 BTW.

Very good team, but how are they an Open squad?

Salesian, DLS (or SRV), Branson, St. Joseph, and Riordan are all locks to make it. If they stay with five teams, that’s your Open Div.

If they go with six or seven, you’re saying you put them over a DLS/SRV, SJS winner, Mitty, or even Granada?

In my Kanye voice, “How Sway?”

NCS is loaded with potential Open invites. We still have tonight to clarify who will be a lock and who will be awarded entry into NorCal Open. University has a great resume and is ranked at 34 in California from MaxPreps, however CalHiSports doesn't have the Red Devils in the top 50. That ranking and playing in a mid-level league will put them behind the Semi-Finalist in tonight's matchups.
If San Ramon defeats Salesian tonight and De La Salle defeats Branson, then we have decisions to make on how many NCS teams advance to the Open Bracket. Central Section can argue that it's two finalists St. Joseph and Clovis North deserve the invite over a NCS semi-finalist loser. CCS will want it's two finalists advancing into the NorCal Open. If Salesian and Branson win, then you look at De La Salle being left out for losing to SRV in league playoff at home. Yes, you can compare finalists' losers in a head-to-head matchup. De La Salle over Central loser/ What if Clovis north wins Central, will St. Joesphs be not included? Not likely! Does Sac-Joaquin not get to invite? Is SJS as down as some have posted over the season? I see 10 teams, not 11 vying for the Open. University will not advance past those ten teams. University will be placed in D1 for CIF State Playoffs as they're ranking suggests.

Goodluck to all squads, players, coaches, alumni, fans, of Teams still playing. Sunday CIF announces CIF at 3:30 p.m.

University is not an open team and should not be placed there. Will likely be in D1 and have their hands full in that tough bracket.

MC wins tonite over Lincoln and that will secure an open spot for them.

I like both Clovis North and St Joeseph in the open as well.

Good luck to all!

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
NorCal Open - any limits to how many teams can make it from NCS as I got Salesian, Branson in already given their work to date. If DLS makes it to the NCS Open final or SRV somehow wins the whole thing then I guess you put them in there. Add in Riordan from CCS, winner of SJS, and Central Section winner - CN or SJ. Can't see them expand the NorCal Open beyond 5-6 teams. Need to stack D1 with quality teams (possibly place loser of Branson / DLS in D1 along with SRV) in order to have a fighting chance against SoCal in State Finals. University doesn't belong in the Open and I don't see them going very far in D1 either.

NorCal Open - any limits to how many teams can make it from NCS as I got Salesian, Branson in already given their work to date. If DLS makes it to the NCS Open final or SRV somehow wins the whole thing then I guess you put them in there. Add in Riordan from CCS, winner of SJS, and Central Section winner - CN or SJ. Can't see them expand the NorCal Open beyond 5-6 teams. Need to stack D1 with quality teams (possibly place loser of Branson / DLS in D1 along with SRV) in order to have a fighting chance against SoCal in State Finals. University doesn't belong in the Open and I don't see them going very far in D1 either.
I believe a section is capped at 4

Reactions: M.C. fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT