ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Open & Div.1 Playoffs

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
After last night’s results I think the Open will feature DLS, Pitt, SRV and CV. Even though Pitt struggled last night, I think their wins over Serra on the road and double digit victories over Vacaville, Freedom, and Liberty are more than enough to secure the 2 seed. That Pitt San Ramon matchup should be a rockem sockem defensive battle!

D1 will be a great playoff in my opinion. Liberty, Freedom, and Antioch should be the 1, 2, and 3 seeds. I will admit that I will eat some Antioch crow. Not because their staff is good, but because I though this team would quit on them. I was at the Bell game last night but people I talk to say that Antioch scored on a Hail Mary style throw and after that the offense was completely shut down. Throw in Foothill, San Leandro, Heritage and Cal! Wow! I see a bunch of pick’em games if you ask me. Can’t wait!

Reactions: observer22
Paloma, how does the NCS Open seeding work. Are the teams picked by committee or is it based on league championships. Why would DLS play SRV again? Could there be a Pitt vs. Folsom D1 Norcal game.

It is strictly by committee. League championships don’t matter, as evidenced by MV not being selected last season. Just because SRV played DLS in the regular season doesn’t mean they won’t face off again in the playoffs. I can’t foresee a Pitt vs. Folsom NorCal game, although that might be a great game.

The committee meets tomorrow to make the brackets.

Reactions: Paloma
Open: 1) DLS, 2) Pitt, 3) SRV, 4) CVC

Its possible that Liberty could sneak into that 4th spot, but not likely, as they barely got past Freedom last night and got their hats handed to them by Pitt just last week. I don’t see CVC or Liberty jumping SRV into the 3rd slot, despite the Wolves loss to Sparty last night.

D1 top 8: 1) Liberty, 2) Freedom, 3) Antioch, 4) SL, 5) Foothill, 6) Cal, 7) & 8) Heritage or AV.

The top 3 from one league may seem odd, but head to head seems to carry a lot of weight with the NCS seeding committee. Freedom and Liberty both beat Antioch, who beat SL, who beat Foothill, who beat Cal, who beat AV. It is possible that Heritage May move ahead of AV or Cal, but those should still be the top 8.

Reactions: Paloma
Paloma, how does the NCS Open seeding work. Are the teams picked by committee or is it based on league championships. Why would DLS play SRV again? Could there be a Pitt vs. Folsom D1 Norcal game.

There very well could be a Pitt/Folsom D1 Norcal game. Pitt would qualify by being the NCS open runner-up and Folsom would qualify by being the SJS D1 champ. The committee is going to have to decide the D1 game between SJS D1, NCS open runner-up, CCS open champ and possibly the CS D1 champ. All this assuming DLS wins NCS open.

I'm in the minority, but I think Liberty has a better resume than Clayton Valley Charter. Liberty has the best win (over Freedom) and its losses are slightly better than Clayton Valley's. I think either team is the 4th seed and would face DLS, but I'm not sure why it is just being handed to CVC

I'm in the minority, but I think Liberty has a better resume than Clayton Valley Charter. Liberty has the best win (over Freedom) and its losses are slightly better than Clayton Valley's. I think either team is the 4th seed and would face DLS, but I'm not sure why it is just being handed to CVC

Totally agree, Liberty, despite the Pittsburg blowout loss, should be considered for that 4th spot.

Also nobody has mentioned this but here’s one possibility that hasn’t been discussed WHAT IF Pittsburg runs the table in the NCS open and somehow beats DLS, what would the scenario be in that case would we get a DLS - Folsom for D1 regional?

Last edited:
Also nobody has mentioned this but here’s one possibility that hasn’t been discussed WHAT IF Pittsburg runs the table in the NCS open and somehow beats DLS, what would the scenario be in that case would we get a DLS - Folsom for D1 regional?

Great point Dan12Kings. I was at the game in 1991(I believe) when Pitt won over DLS.
So I have seen it happen before. I mean there is a chance.

Folsom would probably get the Open invite if that happened and DLS could possibly get shut out of a SBG for the first time

Open: 1) DLS, 2) Pitt, 3) SRV, 4) CVC

Its possible that Liberty could sneak into that 4th spot, but not likely, as they barely got past Freedom last night and got their hats handed to them by Pitt just last week. I don’t see CVC or Liberty jumping SRV into the 3rd slot, despite the Wolves loss to Sparty last night.

D1 top 8: 1) Liberty, 2) Freedom, 3) Antioch, 4) SL, 5) Foothill, 6) Cal, 7) & 8) Heritage or AV.

The top 3 from one league may seem odd, but head to head seems to carry a lot of weight with the NCS seeding committee. Freedom and Liberty both beat Antioch, who beat SL, who beat Foothill, who beat Cal, who beat AV. It is possible that Heritage May move ahead of AV or Cal, but those should still be the top 8.
In my opinion the open seeding and D1 seedlings should be:
Open Division
1. DLS
2. Pittsburg
3. San Ramon
4. Clayton Valley

Division 1
1. Liberty
2. Freedom
3. Antioch
4. San Leandro
5. Foothill
6. Cal High
7. Amador Valley
8. Monte Vista
9. Heritage
10. James Logan
11. Deer Valley
12. Dublin
13. Berkeley
14. Irvington
15. Castro Valley
16. Dougherty Valley

Open should be:
1. DLS
2. Pitt
3. CVC
4. San Ramon/Liberty

SRV has no quality wins. None better than CVC or Liberty. I actually think Liberty should be 4 over SRV.

Open should be:
1. DLS
2. Pitt
3. CVC
4. San Ramon/Liberty

SRV has no quality wins. None better than CVC or Liberty. I actually think Liberty should be 4 over SRV.

That is very wishful thinking.
Clayton shouldn't be in the Open. Barely beating Acalanes and a campolindo aren't exactly quality wins. Reed isn't even a top 500 team nationally and you guys lost to them. By the way, SRV can only schedule 2 non league games. They chose Tracy (130th in State) and DLS (5th). Who's Cv choose? Deer Valley (who Liberty also beat), two random Nevada teams, not the best Hawaiian team, and Antioch. (Who Liberty also beat) most likely they will put CV in again to get blasted by De La Salle, and because of the massive revenue from the insane CV supporters who think they have a chance. It'd be nice to see another team get a chance to get blasted though. Although another Murphy meltdown will be entertaining.

1) DLS
2)Pitt
3)SRV
4) Liberty

In my opinion the open seeding and D1 seedlings should be:
Open Division
1. DLS
2. Pittsburg
3. San Ramon
4. Clayton Valley

Division 1
1. Liberty
2. Freedom
3. Antioch
4. San Leandro
5. Foothill
6. Cal High
7. Amador Valley
8. Monte Vista
9. Heritage
10. James Logan
11. Deer Valley
12. Dublin
13. Berkeley
14. Irvington
15. Castro Valley
16. Dougherty Valley

I don’t think MV is deserving of the #8 seed. They’ve had a dreadful season this year going 4-6. Of their 4 wins, the barely squeaked by 3 bad teams (Deer Valley 13-7, Dublin 28-26 and Livermore 17-10) and blasted a woeful Dougherty squad. IMO they shouldn’t even submit for a spot in the playoffs this year, with the huge drop off from last year’s EBAL and D1 championship run.

Last edited:
The only reason CVC never gets blown out is their offense takes 6 mins of possession each time.

That’s actually a positive thing. DLS’s offense similarly limits the point spread due to ball control and sustained drives.

I don’t post as often here as i used to but when did DLS_Pop and DLS_Pop1 show up?

There have been dozens of new posters or at least new handles in the past few weeks/months. Can’t bother keeping track of all of them these days.

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT