ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Rebuild

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
After watching the 2021 season, my takeaway is this… It is still De La Salle and Pittsburg ahead of everyone else. Maybe more than ever. The two dismantled and humbled every NCS team they faced, and it took injuries and top opponents to beat them. The remaining NCS teams are pretty equal with each other, which is why I agree with the competitive equity playoff format proposed on another thread on this site. It will give other programs a chance to build back up to compete with Pitt and DLS.

It will be interesting to see how the off-season goes with new coaches around the NCS. Berean Christian, Deer Valley and Pinole Valley have head varsity jobs open, and word is Liberty will be open soon. It was a fun season though and look forward to what 2022 hs to offer.

After watching the 2021 season, my takeaway is this… It is still De La Salle and Pittsburg ahead of everyone else. Maybe more than ever. The two dismantled and humbled every NCS team they faced, and it took injuries and top opponents to beat them. The remaining NCS teams are pretty equal with each other, which is why I agree with the competitive equity playoff format proposed on another thread on this site. It will give other programs a chance to build back up to compete with Pitt and DLS.

It will be interesting to see how the off-season goes with new coaches around the NCS. Berean Christian, Deer Valley and Pinole Valley have head varsity jobs open, and word is Liberty will be open soon. It was a fun season though and look forward to what 2022 hs to offer.
NCS had a tough bowl run with their Open, D1, D2 and D3 champions all losing. A few years back, the EBAL and BVAL were among the best leagues in NorCal but both have fallen off. I can see the North Bay area staying very competitive, but the general East Bay level has dropped a notch or two.

Curious why Liberty is making a change.

NCS had a tough bowl run with their Open, D1, D2 and D3 champions all losing. A few years back, the EBAL and BVAL were among the best leagues in NorCal but both have fallen off. I can see the North Bay area staying very competitive, but the general East Bay level has dropped a notch or two.

Curious why Liberty is making a change.
I think the Covid year has some to do with it.
mods because North Bay school enrollment is in free fall now, as is the continued demise of youth football. Far East bay (Tri Valley/East CoCo) the EBAL and BVAL are still growing so I’m not sure exactly why some schools were so down this year.

Folsom beat DLS and Pitt.

People said the SJS was "down" this year.

:)
True,but DLS also beat Folsom.Wasnt completely one sided.But Folsom definitely got the most important win.I dont necessarily think the SJS was down this year,but the SFL was a little down this year.I mean,when was the last time Folsom lost two league games? Great comeback season for the Bulldogs.Nobody saw that coming.Just hope they will refocus this weekend and take care of business.IMO.they are the better team.they should win if they play well

Seems like Pitt seasons end the same way every year;with a loss to DLS in the NCS Final.This year of course was slightly different.and a little less honorable with this loser play on stuff.But my question really is ''WHen will the Pirates break through and win NCS?'.THey've had the talent to do it at times.Yes.DLS is a tough hurdle,but Pitt has had plenty of opportunities.I think that program needs to take a long look at itself,rededicate itself.The talent is there

Reactions: Paloma

Why has Deer Valley fallen off so much?What is going on with that football program?They used to get talent and atheletes every year.

Reactions: NCS707
Why has Deer Valley fallen off so much?What is going on with that football program?They used to get talent and atheletes every year.
There has definitely been disfunction in the entire Deer Valley athletic department. I remember in the 2000’s and into the 2010’s, DV was competitive in every sport, boys and girls. Now they are an embarrassment. So unfortunate. Especially considering a lot of the better players at all BVAL schools, Clayton and DLS live within Deer Valley’s borders.

There has definitely been disfunction in the entire Deer Valley athletic department. I remember in the 2000’s and into the 2010’s, DV was competitive in every sport, boys and girls. Now they are an embarrassment. So unfortunate. Especially considering a lot of the better players at all BVAL schools, Clayton and DLS live within Deer Valley’s borders.
What is going on there? They used to have talent in every sport. Football was very competitive. Would love to see them bounce back

It's entirely possible that this big of a gap was a one-year thing, as the entire NCS was very down this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT