ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Bowl Games Scoreboard

MC up 14-0 gets a pick then screws up the possession turns it over, stops Mack again, fumbles the possession and now Mack has great field position……..MC be a scary beast if they didn’t step on their feet constantly with turnovers and penalties

Wow, MC is dominating the scoring opportunities so far in the first half of the game with Mack.

Mack finally scores late in the 2Q but misses the PAT. 14-6 Marin Catholic. 5:25 left in 2Q.

The game last night was more than a “bad game”. It was 33-0 at half. DLS called the dogs off or the score would have been worse. DLS best player wasn’t even playing!
CN surely had a bad game but they’re not anywhere close to the likes of Serra, DLS, Folsom, and a few others.

The fact JSerra lost to them isn’t a good look for the TL this year in all honesty.
CN was a middle of the pack SFL Team which happens to be the best league in norcal. Nothing wrong with that but they wouldn’t beat OR, Folsom, or Rocklin. But don’t whine when you have to travel unless you are damn sure you are going to bring it. That is how I was taught. Action on field. Make a statement. The statement they made was we had a nice season but we got spanked when the lights were on brightest. And it wasn’t a bad game. It was utter domination,

Reactions: THEOC89
No, Clovis North did not have any argument to host the game, nor did they earn anything of the sort.

Yeah, they did.

CN was undefeated. DLS had 2 losses, both by 21+ points and including a 28-0 non-competitive shut out.

Furthermore CN defeated JSerra by 16 who defeated OLu by 10 who defeated DLS by 21.

The above is a textbook “excellent” argument and certainly earned on the field.

I know you love to defend the CIF and their asinine guidelines/decision making which are purposely designed to allow them freedom to make arbitrary and subjective decisions that rarely make any sense.

Your last paragraph is precisely what everyone finds so utterly ridiculous and laughable. Because it completely defies everything prior to it, not to mention every other reputable playoff system known to sports fans. Arbitrarily “distributing” the home locations is not how things should ever be done. Worse, they’ve never clearly outlined their methodology or that they even do that hence the widespread confusion.

You are 100% right about one thing, though. None of this is new. The CIF being a complete and utter embarrassment and mess, that is.

The above said, DLS clearly was the vastly superior team last night but that doesn’t take away what had transpired up to the kickoff of that game. Even several DLS supporters admitted they were greatly surprised the game wasn’t being hosted by CN. Because most rightfully expect these games to be hosted by the more deserving team based upon record, SOS, common opponents, etc. But CA and CIF don’t roll that way.

Last edited:
They tried their best to blow it, trust me
If they could somehow clean up the penalties, especially the personal fouls, unsportsmen likes, etc (which is a significant reason they lost to San Marin), they'd make it so much easier on themselves. That being said, with the injuries to Charlie Seymore and Greer Arther, two seniors and likely college players, it's encouraging to see the depth of the program on display. No matter how frustrating it can be at times, they're going to another state championship and exorcised demons today vs McClymonds. Charles Williams for Bay Area player of the year!

Last edited:
Reactions: MC415
Hats off to Grant tonight. The domination was impressive. Good luck in state. The speed and athleticism was truly impressive. Had a fun time watching those DPH kids ball out.

Thunder can be proud of the season they had. It stings for sure, but the heart to compete and not quit is special.

Congrats to GHS as well.

Just my POV, but I saw one team that was emotionally charged during warmups and throughout the game while the other looked flat, disinterested at times, and quite possibly intimidated.

The Rocklin team I saw last night wasn’t the one I saw play 9x this season. Their energy and fight was lacking, their tackling was atrocious, and IMO the Pacers staff out-coached the RHS staff.

The game flipped with the pick 6. And once RHS was down 20-7 it seemed like whatever energy they had was gone. They looked defeated IMO, despite a ton of time still remaining.

Take nothing away from GHS, who played a great game. But many of their runs were initially stopped for short gains or even behind the LOS but the Thunders poor tackling and lack of rallying to the ball was their own doing. As were all the mental mistakes and penalties. I could be wrong, but Rocklin looked like a team intimidated by their opponent, especially once they got behind.

GHS was the more disciplined team. And their situational play calling on both sides of the ball was better.

The game was closer than the final score, as the final 2 TD’s were more the result of Rocklin being down 13 points late and needing to go for every 4th down in their own territory. That kinda snowball effect often happens when teams need to go into desperation mode offensively and it doesn’t work.

The pick 6 was a huge swing as it gave Grant Union the lead, which they then increased to a 2 score lead, and allowed them play with the lead and dictate pace with their run game. Had Rocklin been able to maintain their initial one score lead and make the Pacers sling it more when they didn’t necessary want to — things may have played out a bit differently.

But the Pacers imposed their will and pushed the lead to 20-7 then stalled any momentum the Thunder might have been able to get by thwarting their opening 2nd half possession.

Even when Rocklin managed to close the score to 20-14, it still felt like their chances were slim. The Pacers defense stopped the run all night and really did a phenomenal job in coverage. Even when Reeve Slone managed to buy extra time with his legs, his receivers just weren’t able to get much separation. And when they did, Slone just couldn’t get it to them.

There’s no doubt the Pacers were the better team last night. I sure wish they had teams like the one they fielded last night during their recent 4 year stay in the SFL. Seeing them and MT run roughshod over the Metro league isn’t good for anybody.

I’ve said it many times over the years, but HS football in the Sac area and SJS is always better when the Grant Union Pacers are among the top programs. They are undeniably the premier program in the area (historically) just surpassing 600 wins this season and with countless section titles, NFL players, and the only OPEN State title outside of the De La Salle Spartans.

While I was rooting for Rocklin last night, I’m happy to see Pacer Nation back on track. The past decade was tough to see. Just move them and MT over to the SFL, please.

Palma 7 Hughson 7 Q1
Palma Nunes QB 10 yard keeper for TD on their first series and ties it up late in Q1

One last thing about the Grant-Rocklin game last night — IDK what the actual attendance numbers were but the turnout was amazing.

Pacer Nation came out in full force and there were fans standing around the perimeter fence from the visitor entrance to the actual visitor stands. The home stands were also full, of course, and it made for a very awesome and loud setting.

Pittsburg up early on Folsom, 7-0, as #12 Marley Alcantara completed a 5 yard TD pass to #10 Jadyn Hudson.

Folsom countered quickly with a short TD run by Ryder Lyons.

Game tied at 7. Should be a good one thoughout.

Pitt counters Ryder Lyons 2nd TD run with a 14 Yd Rushing TD by #28 Jamar Searcy.

Game tied again, 14-14.

Edit: Sorry, spoke too soon. XP was blocked. Folsom leads 14-13.

Palma 14 Hughson 14 Half
Palma ties it up with 6 seconds left in half
Palma receives second half kick off

Last edited:
Pitts hits a field goal at the end of half. Pitts 16 Folsom 14

PItt is def real deal. If they can get to Lyons’s they win.
When Lyons’s can find holes and make plays with his legs he’s tough.
16-14 lead at half.

Palma 21 Hughson 14 Q3 8:53
79 yard drive after receiving half kickoff ending with 30 yard frosh Eli Dukes TD run

Palma24 Hughson 14
24 yard FG Palma's Gutierrez. Palma penalty moved 3rd and sort in 5 yard line
Set upby Hughson fumble on fake punt attempt and aPalmarecovering on 30

Reactions: FBAddict
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT