ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Ridge 42 vs 0 Vacaville FINAL

They have some injuries too according to the local newspaper.

The SFL has some good quarterbacks. The college scouts just aren't giving any of them time of day. Not one has the ideal combination of athleticism and height - apparently. Apparently, that's all that matters.

You do have to wonder sometimes.

On the bright side, CB beat Pleasant Grove almost entirely through the air....they have a Soph QB that did well. He's really tall....so that should please the scouts right nice.

They better look at Jenner from OR. He's 6"4 220. D1 size and arm. Just not a lot of reps. I think he will get offered by seasons end. There SOPH QB will be one of the higher prospects at QB from OR. He will end up 6"5 or more and he has a rocket arm. Somebody said between the ears is a little questionable but talent is all there.

The kid from Damonte Ranch is legit. Cade McNamara. He had offers from everywhere and committed to Michigan. Maybe he had an off night but he can flat out play.

Sad because if you don't pass the look test it stops there. Which is unfortunate because so many of these kids are the ones you want. They've had to fight for it entire life. Folsom QB bennett was 6"2+ or so he would have plenty more offers.

There SOPH QB will be one of the higher prospects at QB from OR. He will end up 6"5 or more and he has a rocket arm.
I took notice of him during the game as he came in with all the backups in the 3rd qtr and that Sophomore QB impressed me, even tho he threw an INT he has an arm and accuracy and that really caught my attention, can’t wait to see him improve and get attention from D1 schools as he progresses through his High School years.

The SFL is shaping up to be pretty much like I thought it would be.
Folsom and of course everybody else....
Whitney/Rocklin- Sort of a toss up. Whitney lost to a good Placer team in a pretty close game.

Not sure it was so close. Whitney scored 14 in the final period. I am sure that Placer had the second team in. Gotta pick Rocklin to win that game.

Yeah, Placer's starters came out when they were up 42-14 against Whitney.

Last edited:
Vacaville QB Hunter Dorraugh is out for the year. He is a standout baseball player

I looked online. It would appear that he is recruiting the best of the best at the position. Might not get them all though as some are destined elsewhere. But those kids are all pretty tall too - there will be a ton of competition. I'd bet Utah is pretty good this year.
I miss Troy Taylor! Awesome asset at Utah. He just may get a dandy in Bennett from Folsom!

That's kinda brutal. It would be interesting to see. Is the decision making quick, the release quick and does he avoid getting sacked?
Still need smarts! A lot of physical QBs haven't made the grade because of what's upstairs! A few are in the SFL!

I can't recall the last time DO has beaten OR. Its been awhile. DO has the cupcake city schedule this year. Amador Valley, Oak Grove, Windsor, Sac High..... Hard to tell if they are that good. OR historically has had tougher games times with GB.

OR has a bye week and then they get the daunting task of playing Folsom. OR has always played Folsom tough. 17-16 loss 2 years ago and 42-28 last year. I expect a good game until halftime and then I think too much speed and talent takes over for Folsom. But most likely this will be the only real test for Folsom in the SFL and OR has time to rest and prepare.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I can't recall the last time DO has beaten OR. Its been awhile. DO has the cupcake city schedule this year. Amador Valley, Oak Grove, Windsor, Sac High..... Hard to tell if they are that good. OR historically has had tougher games times with GB.

OR has a bye week and then they get the daunting task of playing Folsom. OR has always played Folsom tough. 17-16 loss 2 years ago and 42-28 last year. I expect a good game until halftime and then I think too much speed and talent takes over for Folsom. But most likely this will be the only real test for Folsom in the SFL and OR has time to rest and prepare.

DO hasn't played anyone yet. Brand new defense and running spread offense full time are new. OR will be a difficult game for DO but the new defense, when done well, should be more effective against OR and Folsom than what has been run in the past.

DO has had its way in the first three games. Backups getting lots of playing time but it gets real in two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT