ADVERTISEMENT

On The Cube: Montgomery vs Cardinal-Newman 1/28

Monty's big guy is "soft like charmin!"

That guy is about 5 inches taller than everyone else and not that much better than anyone else on the floor. Slowwww game. Both teams would get blown out against the top 10 teams in the SJS.

Monty wins game. Final...Montgomery 50 Cardinal Newman 40
This post was edited on 1/28 9:50 PM by NorCalSportsFan

Not surpised at all. Let down game after big win against CASA plus Monty's PG is back. Big guy is soft but he's pretty skilled. Somebody will take a chance.on a 6"11 kid.

G61- Monty healthy has a 15pt win against a top 10 team in Norcal (Campo) and played Folsom even for 3 plus qtrs before losing by 10 in there first game. Trust me they are a good team when all of there parts are going and they are healthy.

Looks like its a 3 team race with Monty, Newman, and CASA.

I'm just a dumb sh__ Sonoma County guy that only knows two things for sure: I'm glad you don't live in SonomaCounty and I'm glad I don't know you. I will not respond to anything you say because as my dad once told me , " son consider the source and rise above it".

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Larry,
Wrong. Monty played a decently close game with Folsom AT Montgomery at FULL strength, early in the season, BEFORE Folsom had any of the football players back. Not even two weeks later, Folsom blew them out by 20 WITHOUT the football players.

I thought CN was good, but I have watched 2 full games now and have walked away completely unimpressed. I will give it to Montgomery for last nights win. It was a good one.

Overall, the NBL and SCL are EXTREMELY soft compared to some of the other sections in NorCal (SJS, CCS).

Charlie3232,
When is the last time you left Sonoma County? There is a big world out there
laugh.r191677.gif

You have to look at population and divisions. You are comparing apples and oranges. Of course the SJS is stronger. You got 1M+ people who live in that greater area Much bigger schools and more kids to pick from. Monty and Newman have a long history of sucess at both the norcal and ncs level. Monty's guard had 32 last night and Newman couldn't stop him. Newman will do fine in D4 come playoff time and if Monty is healthy look for them to make noise in D2.

They have had success in the NCS. But if you are comparing apples to oranges, the NCS comparison to the CCS and SJS is laughable. That is why the NCS teams rarely "go all the way." Yes, there have been a few times. But still very rare for the NCS. Getting to the NORCALS at all is much tougher going through the SJS and CCS so the product you get in the NORCALS is much better quality than your standard NCS team.

I always like to compare it to the North Section. That section gets atleast 2 reps in each division for the NORCALS. They usually get HAMMERED in the first round by a SJS or CCS opponent who has to travel up north to their location, due to the NORCAL rules. Because of the competition and lack or teams, the quality of the NORCAL rep from that section is usually garbage.

Now, the NCS isn't as bad as the North Section. I got that. But, still a good comparison when you think of NCS teams versus SJS and CCS teams.

G61.. There are tons of good schools in NCS.. are you talking just Div 2 and Div 4? Last i looked, an NCS team has been the best in Northern California for at least the past couple of years. Teams like BOD, DeLa Salle, Monte Vista, Salesian and a many others have been representing NCS very well. Last year in the state finals you had BOD,Monte Vista, Drake, Moreau, and St Joes representing the north... all NCS teams.

You are right. I needed to clarify that I was referring to Sonoma County teams. The teams you mentioned are always competitive. They are primarily Bay Area teams. Big difference in quality and competition in those areas verus Sonoma County.

I really don't want to get into this argument....I'd much rather sit back and let everyone else get after each other...lol

BUT..... I feel compelled to point out that the COUNTY of Sonoma has less people than 1 CITY in the CCS...San Jose.

and 1 CITY in the SJS...Sacramento....

There just SO many more kids and schools in those sections than Sonoma county.....you cant compare the 2.

It really is comparing apples and oranges....NOW that being said the quality of basketball in the east bay/sacramento/SF/stockton is

CLEARLY superior than the northbay. Seriously when was the last time we had a D1 kid come out of our area right out of HS?

AJ from Carrillo to Pepperdine last year...prior to that? Not too often...

But in overall sports...the northbay does hold its own in their own DIVISIONS....football being one of those sport as the northbay has had numerous section title winners over the years....and Newman has made it to 2 state title games in the last 8(?) yrs.

and don't forget soccer(boys and girls) as Carrillo, Monty and Cardinal Newman have all won national titles in the last 10yrs.

so in closing......we are in the northbay, somewhat rural...NOT the population centers of the state...

we do have our moments and its not as bad as you think Gman!! ;-)

I agree with you northbayguru... I was more less poking at the "few people" on here (Quaffer in particular) that think Sonoma County is so superior to everywhere else. I just don't get it...

Aside from that, I love catching a game out there when I can!

No worries G61....

you keep things lively on here for sure!!

I think we may actually know each other..lol

I think ive watched you play ball here in the county in the past...

I have my suspicions... haha ;-)

Thanks! I love to keep it lively
laugh.r191677.gif

Never balled around there, although I do visit semi-frequently...

ok...last thing....before I head out to watch the girls play tonight....

It looks like Monty may be gearing up for a late season run.....Septimo is finally back....

and Coach Fitchie is retiring...after the game on YSN Septimo was almost in tears talking about his coach retiring.

It looks to me like they may be making a run for the coach.

I think it may be a 2 horse race in the NBL...Casa and Monty the rest of the way....

I REALLY think CN's soft preseason schedule is hurting them now as the games have gotten tougher coming down the stretch.

It looks to me that CN is flatlining while teams such as Monty, Casa and even Windsor are improving.

I wouldn't b surprised to see CN get knocked out in the D4 sections early (2nd round?)

and Monty with a college point guard and a 6'10 center maybe surprise somebody in D2 in the 2nd round and sneak into the Norcals.

"I agree with you northbayguru... I was more less poking at the "few people" on here (Quaffer in particular) that think Sonoma County is so superior to everywhere else. I just don't get it..."

All that proves is that you're a liar. Use the search function and find even ONE post where I have said ANYTHING about Sonoma Country being better than any other place. You won't find it, because all I have done here is respond to your idiotic and unprovoked insults about Sonoma County, which include charming stuff like

"Windsor is a dive"
"Rohnert Park is a dive."
"Sonoma County is a joke"

And you don't limit yourself to SoCo. Seems like you also enjoy insulting other places and people in the bay area as well.

Here's the thing, GS. I don't like liars. I don't like a-holes. I don't like people who put other people down while hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

You are all three so naturally I don't like you. Have a nice day.
uzi.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/29 7:42 PM by Quaffer

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I applaud your effort...

That was a good post. Better than usual...

I am glad I caught your attention. For some reason, you seem to get the most offended out of everyone by my posts. You also seem the most insecure about where you live. You are right, you NEVER said anything about Sonoma County being superior. You inferred that yourself from wild reactions. You sir, need a job
laugh.r191677.gif

Face it, Windsor is a dive
uzi.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/29 8:18 PM by G61

Guru- I've been a big fan of Monty all season and Septimo getting hurt killed them. This is a very dangerous team. People forget Newman was very medioce last year after losing everyone off that state champ 2nd place team the year before. Nobody expected the kind of season Newman has had so far. I still think this is a 3 team race. Newman plays Casa 1x more and already split with Monty. Newman vs Casa last game of the year. Certainly could be for the NBL title.

Larry...

From what I have seen the last few games.....I don't think CN can beat Casa at Casa.

Casa Grande at Monty (2/11) will decide the league champ I think....The next game CN at Casa (2/13) may not matter
at that point except for Shaughnessy seeding.

But then again maybe Im just being a prisoner of the moment.

You can bet I will be at BOTH games though!!

This post was edited on 1/29 7:54 PM by northbaybbguru

Guru- You've seen them more than I have so you can tell all the little things I don't see. You are probably right. Monty def seems like the team that is on a mission. Surprised Fitchie is hanging it up. He will be missed. They better name Tiedeman as his successor. They will not miss a beat if they do. He was one of the finest PG in the history of sonoma county and will be a great asset for that program. Awesome family and great kid.

I have a feeling there will be a few people applying for that vacant position (wink wink)
wink.r191677.gif

The Tiedeman's are a great family...mom, dad, kids, all great people.......Zac was pretty good ball player too...so was his brother Tyler

and dad wasn't bad himself...lol

I think its pretty much a done deal that Zac will be the next head coach at Monty.....he's on the bench now as an assistant.

Don't be surprised if Brian Long is brought back on as one of his assistant coaches..... to run the defense.

This post was edited on 1/30 2:26 PM by northbaybbguru

The Tiedeman's are legends. Dad was spectacular. I remember as a young kid playing pickup with Steve and he could still dunk at 40 years old. 6"2 and could jump like Johnny Dawkins. Tyler and Zac could play with anybody. Tyler had a nice run overseas.

Brian Long, another great guy. Monty has a good pipeline of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT