ADVERTISEMENT

Palma 49 v San Benito Hollister 28 Final Thurs night

Palma Freshman Football. 10-0 on the season after defeating San Benito 20-6 Final tonight

Palma JV went 6-3 after defeating San Benito 26-14
Only 9 games in season. Best players were up on varsity except a few pretty good ones. RB and line. Also I think they had 29 players. They will complement next years team well. Already 4 sophs starting on varsity and probably a couple on JV could have started on a varsity team. Next season all Palma needs to reload is at QB which is big but backup impressed me so far this year and soph up has played another position on varsity (two way) and is athletic and should be okay although not as good as this years QB.

Last edited:
Palma 21 Hollister 0 Q1 2:46
Sergent to Olivas again 50 yards to extends its lead to 21-0 over Hollister with 2:46 in Q1

Palma 21 San Benito 0 end of Q1
So far Palma is dominating and scored on first three possessions. San Benito looks like they are trying to keep RB Viegas out of the game, but Palma has lots of weapons this year.

Looking like if Salinas plays like they did last Friday against San Benito, it will be a tough night against Aptos.

Hollister returns a punt 70 yards to cut Palma’s lead to 21-6 after missed extra point in Q2

Palma's Berring almost runs kickoff back and Sergent throws first INT of the season and over last 17 games dating back last season.

Palma 21 San Benito 12 Q2 8:45 left in Q2
After an INT Hollister scores again to close the gap to 21-12. Extra pt blocked

Palma 28- Hollister 12 Q2 7:33
Viegas 14 yard TD run. Pezzini made a 50 yard play to 16 to set it up.

Palma 35 Hollister 12 Q3 early Q3
Palma holds Hollister to 4 and out then drives 60 yards capped by a Villegas 1 yard run

Palma 49 Hollister 12 Q3 1:27
Another TD pass Sergent to Olivas from 54 yards for their fourth touchdown connection of the game.

Palma 49 Hollister 12 end of Q3 and on way to share of PCAL Gab league title and probable first seed in CCS D3 open playoffs

Palma subbing and Hollister answers back with 7:55 left in the game. 49-20 Palma leads
Hollister 2 pt conversion

Last edited:
Palma 49 Hollister 28 after another TD Q4 2 minutes left
Hollister has a 48 yard run up the middle for 6.

What's your take on Sergent? Seems to have had a really steady year for Palma

I've seen all of the QB's in the southern portion of the CCS and in my opinion he is clearly the best. Extremely consistent, very accurate and gets it out quickly. His numbers speak for themselves. It appears that ever since Palma has gone to a one back spread offense utilizing his arm- that their offense has taken off.

Sergent is very accurate and he can hit tight windows. If you look at his attempts to completion ration he is better than it looks. Many times early in the season, his receivers dropped passes that were very catchable and hits them in the hands. I remember one game there were 6 passes dropped that were easily catchable. He has above average arm strength and can throw a live velocity medium routes and can place it nice in mid long routes. He tends to overthrow WRs early in the game at least earlier in the season, but when on can pick a team apart. He hots all his receivers and is athletic. . Palma's coach will tell he reminds him of David Fales in some ways (accuracy), and I think he may have trained some with David (not not sure as David has worked with some of the QBs in the past). I think Sergent could mature into a pretty good college QB - maybe JC a year and transfer and at least a FBS type school to start. He has lots of upside and also may play baseball beyond. Since he was a freshman I thought he was going to be very good. He also has won game late in game (including final play against Hollister last season) when the pressure was high. He makes throws sometimes where you think how did he get it too that receiver in such a small window and when he is on throws well to spots. Nothing but good things to say about his QB ability. When he misses usually mises where you want to and rarely throws a really bad pass as far as taking too much risk. Sees field really well as well.. Only 1 interception in 17 straight games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT