ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Clay

WivitBear

Sports Fanatic
Sep 9, 2001
Or maybe multiple questions.

1. There was a thing posted which listed the teams who were playing in the Jamboree. could you realist those again?

2. Do you know who is playing in the Platinum Division?

3. Are any of the following teams playing? BOD, Bear Creek, Miramonte, Antelope.

4. When will the brackets be made?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Coach_Case
From what I was told, there's gonna be a HUGE surprise from who's in the top platinum division and who is NOT. stay tuned!

I think this should take you to the Platinum bracket ...

https://www.maxpreps.com/tournament...winter-19-20/west-coast-jamboree-platinum.htm

All 17 brackets should be up in a few hours. If you go to the MaxPreps schedule of a particular team, you will see the bracket logo under the Dec. 27 game. Click on that and you can see the whole bracket.

Bear Creek is not in the tournament.

Miramonte is in the Diamond. We were definitely interested in the Platinum but Bishop O'Dowd, SJND and Cardinal Newman all specifically wanted the Platinum, and we felt putting a fourth NCS team in would detract from the intersectional balance we like to create.

Antelope is in the Gold, at Heritage.

I don't know clay...I was looking at last year's Spanish Spring team and even though they won over 21 games, they were a better than average team at best. They lost to Lassen who got pummeled by Redwood in the playoffs. I get what you're saying about the intersectional playoffs, but starting out the season and on paper, MM is much better than CN. swap the teams and I don't think Kelly wants to see Canyon-which is justified. But don't blame it on other teams wanted it...

Last edited:
CN beat Bear Creek, La Jolla CD and BOD last yr (3 of the 4 finalists in D1). CN only graduated 1 girl. Cal Hi has CN ranked ahead of MM. How do you figure MM is MUCH better? CN did ask to be in the top bracket also.

I'm not sure where this narrative that CN isnt very good came from. In the last 4 yrs CN has a state title and 2 open appearances(with1 norcal open finals). Cn did brainfart last year in the 1st rd of D1 in norcals as they were capable of losing to Dublin and St Francis but at the same time beating LJCD, BOD and BC.

And as far as dodging tough games? There is an NCS open at the end of the year. There is no dodging that and ultimately that's where the Norcal placement for the top teams will be decided.

CN beat Bear Creek, La Jolla CD and BOD last yr (3 of the 4 finalists in D1). CN only graduated 1 girl. Cal Hi has CN ranked ahead of MM. How do you figure MM is MUCH better? CN did ask to be in the top bracket also.

I'm not sure where this narrative that CN isnt very good came from. In the last 4 yrs CN has a state title and 2 open appearances(with1 norcal open finals). Cn did brainfart last year in the 1st rd of D1 in norcals as they were capable of losing to Dublin and St Francis but at the same time beating LJCD, BOD and BC.

And as far as dodging tough games? There is an NCS open at the end of the year. There is no dodging that and ultimately that's where the Norcal placement for the top teams will be decided.

I thought CN was ranked 12?

https://norcalpreps.rivals.com/news/preseason-girls-basketball-top-20-3

Cal Hi has CN ranked ahead of MM.

So I guess it depends which preseason rankings you are going by. The bottom line is that CN lobbied to be in the top bracket and got their wish. They were told they would probably get Sierra Canyon and were OK with it. They may get blasted or they may not but the bottom line is they will know where they stand after. And as I stated in a earlier post... with the NCS Open it ultimately will come down on who does what then in regards to where the top NCS teams get seeded.

Cal Hi has CN ranked ahead of MM.

So I guess it depends which preseason rankings you are going by. The bottom line is that CN lobbied to be in the top bracket and got their wish. They were told they would probably get Sierra Canyon and were OK with it. They may get blasted or they may not but the bottom line is they will know where they stand after. And as I stated in a earlier post... with the NCS Open it ultimately will come down on who does what then in regards to where the top NCS teams get seeded.

ah i didn't realize that...then my bad! but again, I understand clay's thinking about the intersectional stuff...i was only under the Norcalpreps assumption of higher ranking. ;)

Another question. If you buy a ticket at one venue for the day, is that ticket good at another venue on the same day. Say you went to see Gold earlier and then went to Platinum. Would your gold ticket still be good?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT