ADVERTISEMENT

Rams Trade The Farm

slick58

Hall of Famer
Jun 10, 2005
Any thoughts on the Rams trade? Per ESPN (probably a made up story) the move was to get Goff with the 1st pick. I think Goff has that "it" factor but that's a big bet.

I'm a draft nerd big time and I like the trade for both teams, love it for the a Titans. The Titans think the got their franchise QB last year in Marriota and now they have to build around him. This is how their pick selections go... #15, #33, #43, #45, #64, #73 within the 1st 3 rounds this year and two 1st and two 3rd's next year. The Titans are in great shape draft wise over the next two years and these picks could change their franchise with a few hits. I don't love the trade on the Rams part because they gave up so much, but if they believe Wentz of Goff is a franchise QB it's worth the shot because the team is very good minus the QB position. Moving into the LA market making a splash with a young QB makes sense from a PR standpoint. To put it in perspective though it's like how I feel after watching Kevin Costner in Draft Day. Sure you got the guys you wanted this year but in the end you still don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 3 years and that's the best round in the draft IMO!

I'm a draft nerd big time and I like the trade for both teams, love it for the a Titans. The Titans think the got their franchise QB last year in Marriota and now they have to build around him. This is how their pick selections go... #15, #33, #43, #45, #64, #73 within the 1st 3 rounds this year and two 1st and two 3rd's next year. The Titans are in great shape draft wise over the next two years and these picks could change their franchise with a few hits. I don't love the trade on the Rams part because they gave up so much, but if they believe Wentz of Goff is a franchise QB it's worth the shot because the team is very good minus the QB position. Moving into the LA market making a splash with a young QB makes sense from a PR standpoint. To put it in perspective though it's like how I feel after watching Kevin Costner in Draft Day. Sure you got the guys you wanted this year but in the end you still don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 3 years and that's the best round in the draft IMO!

No doubt the Titans should walk away as winners in this trade. With that many picks they should be able to find starters and quality depth.

The Rams they are basically saying they can play D and run the ball but need a QB to get them over the hump. What gets me is the talking heads and public are saying that this is a bad draft class for QB's with no franchise QB's. I think this class with Goff, Wentz, Cook, and Lynch is legit. I even think Hogan (Stanford) is a solid mid round selection. If not this year the QB's that stood out to me last year in college were true freshman.

Either way it looks like Goff will be in LA or Cleveland with either the 1 or 2 pick. Not bad.

Two of the best QB's in the NFL are from NorCal and now the #1 overall pick. Perhaps NorCal has a lot more talent than SoCal and the rest of the country like to believe. :rolleyes:

Two of the best QB's in the NFL are from NorCal and now the #1 overall pick. Perhaps NorCal has a lot more talent than SoCal and the rest of the country like to believe. :rolleyes:

I don't think people feel there isn't talent in NorCal. I think most feel there isn't a lot of quality programs in NorCal. That is more of a coaching issue than a talent issue. Clearly there is talent or there wouldn't be DLS, or the numerous players making names for themselves in both college and the NFL.

I don't think people feel there isn't talent in NorCal. I think most feel there isn't a lot of quality programs in NorCal. That is more of a coaching issue than a talent issue. Clearly there is talent or there wouldn't be DLS, or the numerous players making names for themselves in both college and the NFL.

Generally speaking, I think the biggest difference between So-Cal and Nor-Cal is the passing game. It seems more advanced down south to me. Quarterbacks and defensive backs seem to make a bigger impact at the college level and there are many more quality offensive linemen in So-Cal.

I don't think people feel there isn't talent in NorCal. I think most feel there isn't a lot of quality programs in NorCal.

Well, those same people are wrong on both accounts. There's more depth in SoCal because there's a larger population. But has been proven time and time again in the Bowl games, the top programs in NorCal are on par and often better.

Generally speaking, I think the biggest difference between So-Cal and Nor-Cal is the passing game. It seems more advanced down south to me.

Don't tell that to Folsom. Troy Taylor's passing game is as sophisticated as you'll find at the HS level and they've developed QB's and WR's as well as anybody.

Well, those same people are wrong on both accounts. There's more depth in SoCal because there's a larger population. But has been proven time and time again in the Bowl games, the top programs in NorCal are on par and often better.

Don't tell that to Folsom. Troy Taylor's passing game is as sophisticated as you'll find at the HS level and they've developed QB's and WR's as well as anybody.

True but one program does not define an entire region. There are multiple So-Cal programs fitting this description

True but one program does not define an entire region. There are multiple So-Cal programs fitting this description

True, but Folsom isn't the only one. They are just the most successful. SoCal is always going to be deeper due to the mere population.

My original comments, even though they included SoCal, were more applicable at those outside of Cali. NorCal doesn't get a lot of respect largely due to DLS's dominance and because these same people simply don't know how good football really is in this area. Folsom still gets piled on as being vastly overrated.

SoCal's best has been owned by DLS too. The only reason they've eeked out a few wins over the years, whereas NorCal hasn't, is because they are always guaranteed a game against one of their top 2 or 3 teams at the end of the year. Outsiders don't understand the history of playoffs in CALI and how the system has and hasn't worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT