ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan defeats Terra Nova

superle

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
Riordan 26 Terra Nova 24
Behind four rushing touchdowns by Faizon Ruth Riordan holds on to defeat Terra Nova I the first game of season for both teams.

Last edited:
Congrats to Coach Modeste on his first win as a Riordan Crusader. I'm sure he was pulling his hair out at times, but also pleased to see his team persevere and come through with a road win.
To sum up this game, let's just say it was the season opener for Terra Nova, Riordan and the refs. Lol.
Some good play on both sides and bad play on both sides sprinkled in with a number of penalties. So much so the refs called the teams together to calm them down as the kids were just amped up and the play got pretty chippy at times.
Riordan's jr TB Fazon Ruth had an impressive varsity debut with 4 rushing TDs. 295lb Soph "Atu" Kefu also had a nice Varsity debut from his FB position with solid blocking and had some impressive power runs bringing several Tigers along for the ride. I can only imagine the possibilities if Jalen Camp and Chris Whiley were still with this team. I was pleased to see the productivity of the new players, though.
Defense was a little overzealous early, getting several personal foul flags thrown their way, but settled down a bit as the game wore on. Tackling much improved and some nice interceptions tonight.
Crusader offense moved the ball with their new run-heavy offense, but stalled several times with ill-timed flags.
A work in progress as I previously stated, but a win where I think it easily could have been a loss the past few years. Looking forward to seeing this team improve week to week.

sf-preps-riordans-zach-charlton-seals-season-opening-win
https://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/sf-preps-riordans-zach-charlton-seals-season-opening-win/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT