ADVERTISEMENT

Sequoia??

JCBUST

Superstar
Nov 24, 2016
Anybody have a beat on these guys? 6-0 and just slaughtered Piedmont Hills by 30 which could have been 40-45. Is PH that down? The BV Easy League may be one of the weaker in the section this year. Sources tell me it will be one and done with this atrocity. Only 1/8 teams are over .500 at this time. The bottom 4 are 1-17. Overfelt lost by 10 to MORE........yes MORE, a charter school I didn't know existed. Mount Plesant who should finish 3rd in the league lost by 50 to Leigh.

With this Sequoia blowout maybe this league will be closer than expected. Possibly the San Fran Pipeline has returned to Sequoia. I'm going to catch a game soon, maybe it's their year?

PH appears to be down so far this year. I think it's between Sequoia and M-A for the PAL, though M-A's lost a significant portion of last year's team. Saw them against Bellarmine Saturday and they were thoroughly overmatched. They don't have the shooters from last year.

I don't think it's an SF pipeline for Sequoia. They have the coach's nephew, Lauese, at center, and LeBlanc runs the point quite well. I remember seeing LeBlanc as a freshman at Woodside and there were signs of potential. Since then, he's become a very good shooter, especially in the PAL Tournament the last couple years.

Those Sequoia/M-A games should be fun. Good crowds and competitive games. Odd scheduling, they play on back-to-back Fridays this year.

Pruhsmeir was very good that night, really understands the flow of the game and has quick feet. He will be the man next year as a senior. Leblanc is the leader of that team, saw him play some good AAU this summer if my memory serves me correct. He's the fire and plays hard.

Sequoia beat EG by 40 tonight and it could of been 60, no joke. It will be interesting if the two meet in CCS this year. In a typical year PH would play much closer second time around. The problem is playing the likes of Lick, YB, Overfelt, MP and Creek will not improve their play but probably earn them the 1st Annual BV Easy League title. On a side note Sir Topem Hat with cane has the JV Squad playing good ball. Dude reminds me of Willy Wonka!

Time will tell

With Serra up next, maybe they can pull an upset? Despite Serra's 1-3 Record, they have lost close to some really good teams. At this point you have got to think Independence has the upper edge in league.

Does anyone know much about San Mateo? Are they an A level team?

Maybe this is their best team in years. I know they are very well coached.

Last edited:
San Mateo has been a lower-tier PAL team for years and isn't more than marginally better this year. I don't think Piedmont Hills will come close to Serra, even with Serra struggling and Coach Rapp currently sidelined.

Agreed. Piedmont Hills is just down this year. Serra is gonna kill them. Pretty hard to say the PH coach was looking for a soft schedule when he plays Serra in that gym. As the long time Simos troll of many names mentioned earlier though they should be fine in league and probably win it.
Your dedication to your hatred spans many years. Why do you hate that guy so much zrules/JC? It's obvious you do...I am interested.

I never said Simos was a poor coach, in fact he gets the most out of his athletes. I'm saying the BV Easy League was pushed by him and is criminal.

Sequoia is clearly an elite team. They just beat Evergeen Valley by 38. I believe Evergreen has a strong program and should be near the top of the BVAL East.

Evergreen is 0-5, so not really all that tough...

But undefeated is undefeated... I wonder what they'll meet up with in that Hawaii tournament?

I'd say Sequoia's best win so far is when they beat Santa Clara by 15, handing them their only loss.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT