ADVERTISEMENT

Shamar Garrett of DLS: Another Maurice Drew Story?

Califfbfan

Superstar
Jul 6, 2018
Shamar Garrett, the junior running back frim DLS, is really opening some eyes with his play. Some predict by the end of the year, he will be one of the top 2-3 rb's in northern California.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
He’s definitely progressing and looking really good. Although it’s hard to tell how much when you win 55-0 against EBAL comp. He is literally scoring pretty much every time he touches the ball. I think he has 4 TDs over 75 yards the past 2 games. He definitely has gained some size and speed this year. You can see it on both sides of the ball.

That said, I really am looking forward to the 2019 DLS backfield of Garrett, Coby, Zeke (6-1 170 freshman), NorFleet, and Hale. They’re going to need to score with as much as they’re losing on defense to graduation. With that much talent, the playbook should be pretty open offensively next season.

Shamar has success against every type of oopponent going back to last year. And EBAL is not soft competition as last years DLS clearly knows! Shamar is a Solid RB and athlete. Should be at home playing in his own hood. Would have been a dramatic impact on his hometown school.
But no hard feelings, everyone out here supporting him!!!

Shamar has success against every type of oopponent going back to last year. And EBAL is not soft competition as last years DLS clearly knows! Shamar is a Solid RB and athlete. Should be at home playing in his own hood. Would have been a dramatic impact on his hometown school.
But no hard feelings, everyone out here supporting him!!!

Where is his own hood? Richmond, if he’s a Maurice Drew story?

But no hard feelings, everyone out here supporting him!!![/

Yes. Shamar has done great so far at every level of competion that he’s participated in. We/DLS knew that Shamar was going to be a great player for the Spartans when he entered his freshman year. But I need you to clarify a couple of points.

Are you saying that that the EBAL is a challenge for DLS? Before you answer that, just know that DLS is 6-0 record and a 234-31 scoring diff against EBAL in he last 6 games. That’s last year and two games this year. I don’t expect SRV and Cal to make that any more palatable. I personally think that DLS shouldn’t participate in the ebal ....at least not in football.

Do you think that Shamar would have been better served playing at Livermore or Granada?

Since ther’s no hard feelings, I’m sure you’ll be happy to answer. Thanks

Yes. Shamar has done great so far at every level of competion that he’s participated in. We/DLS knew that Shamar was going to be a great player for the Spartans when he entered his freshman year. But I need you to clarify a couple of points.

Are you saying that that the EBAL is a challenge for DLS? Before you answer that, just know that DLS is 6-0 record and a 234-31 scoring diff against EBAL in he last 6 games. That’s last year and two games this year. I don’t expect SRV and Cal to make that any more palatable. I personally think that DLS shouldn’t participate in the ebal ....at least not in football.

Do you think that Shamar would have been better served playing at Livermore or Granada?

The Atkinson twins played at Granada and Demariay Drew at Livermore. Notre Dame and Cal aren’t quite setting sights low.

The Atkinson twins played at Granada and Demariay Drew at Livermore. Notre Dame and Cal aren’t quite setting sights low.

Fair enough. Those players you mentioned have done alright for themselves. I personally still think Garrett made the right choice going to DLS. The coaching and quality of opponents will better prepare him for the next level. Just my opinion with obviously no way to prove otherwise. I get it.

Nope, no hard feelings. I'm a fan of Shamar. And there are no questions that you can ask that will intimidate me dude. Go ahead and ask if you really want the answers on a public forum I will gladly give them to you.

your first question about EBAL: I never said anything about it being challenging for DLS. I said EBAL is NOT soft competition. I'm not even going to argue the point, but the closest DLS has come to losing to a Nor Cal team in years was to SRV in 2016, when they SRV lost on a failed 2 point conversion. And your right, DLS shouldn't be in EBAL. Imo They should be in western catholic or independent. The results that you proudly boast about are in line with all of their Nor Cal opponents over the years not just EBAL.

Question 2: Shamar is a pretty big fish in a big pond full of big fish. If he went to Livermore or Granada he would have saw himself in a scenario similar to (albeit not the same but similar) to Najee Harris at Antioch. Making a powerful appearance as a freshman and sophomore and possibly gaining national attention. Instead he's rightfully sharing reps and filling DLS needs. It's more like he's better serving DLS than the other way around. But I'm sure he will gain trendous personal growth and development.

Nope, no hard feelings. I'm a fan of Shamar. And there are no questions that you can ask that will intimidate me dude. Go ahead and ask if you really want the answers on a public forum I will gladly give them to you.

your first question about EBAL: I never said anything about it being challenging for DLS. I said EBAL is NOT soft competition. I'm not even going to argue the point, but the closest DLS has come to losing to a Nor Cal team in years was to SRV in 2016, when they SRV lost on a failed 2 point conversion. And your right, DLS shouldn't be in EBAL. Imo They should be in western catholic or independent. The results that you proudly boast about are in line with all of their Nor Cal opponents over the years not just EBAL.

Question 2: Shamar is a pretty big fish in a big pond full of big fish. If he went to Livermore or Granada he would have saw himself in a scenario similar to (albeit not the same but similar) to Najee Harris at Antioch. Making a powerful appearance as a freshman and sophomore and possibly gaining national attention. Instead he's rightfully sharing reps and filling DLS needs. It's more like he's better serving DLS than the other way around. But I'm sure he will gain trendous personal growth and development.

All fair points. I have no desire to argue. Thanks for you reply.

Reactions: HereWeGo2019
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT