ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon 29 vs 37 Jesuit FINAL

Right on. I agree with you that Indy could be one of them as well. I'm not sold on this years Folsom team as being the best in NorCal. After that 2015 lose to Bellarmine I hold all judgement on Folsom as being the NorCal front runner in the playoffs. They have to show and prove on the field from here out as far as I'm concerned. No more anointing them the best until they prove it on the field. And yes, I was one that said Bellarmine didn't stand a chance against Folsom. Boy did I learn my lesson about Folsom being anointed the front runner. Never again.
I think NorCal is down and I think CCS and WCAL is down even more this year. I agree that it is a bad idea to "anoint" any team as the the team to beat without clear historical basis. That being said, the circle of top teams in NorCal appears small this year.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Just out of curiosity, what exactly happened that makes you hate Jesuit on such a personal level? Nearly every post you make on this site is a negative post regarding Jesuit.

Is Jesuit an elite team this season? No. Are they trash? No. It's pretty easy to make the case that they're the 6th best team in the greater Sacramento area behind (in no order) Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Inderkum and Sacramento. Not bad for a team that is "barely able to put 11 guys on the field"...

I was just weighing in on the conversation. What did I say that wasn't facts? Joe D wrote a story that Jesuit has a lot of injured guys, and they lost 2 more players on Friday night. Sheldon shot themselves in the foot, had nothing to do with Jesuit D; Delta league is down; 3 teams below .500, including Grant; Jesuit plays on Saturday morning on a slippery field. They don't defend the pass well, 3 passing TD from Salinas, and they gave up 29pts to a team that turned the ball over 6 times. Jesuit turned 6 TO's into 37pts, which included 7pts on a questionable TD catch on the sideline, meaning Sheldon stopped the bigger, Jesuit offense at least 4x, I think they turned Jesuit over 3x as well. To summarize, Jesuit is not good, they are bad. Don't really see anything personal in there, but I am sorry if I offended you.

I was just weighing in on the conversation. What did I say that wasn't facts? Joe D wrote a story that Jesuit has a lot of injured guys, and they lost 2 more players on Friday night. Sheldon shot themselves in the foot, had nothing to do with Jesuit D; Delta league is down; 3 teams below .500, including Grant; Jesuit plays on Saturday morning on a slippery field. They don't defend the pass well, 3 passing TD from Salinas, and they gave up 29pts to a team that turned the ball over 6 times. Jesuit turned 6 TO's into 37pts, which included 7pts on a questionable TD catch on the sideline, meaning Sheldon stopped the bigger, Jesuit offense at least 4x, I think they turned Jesuit over 3x as well. To summarize, Jesuit is not good, they are bad. Don't really see anything personal in there, but I am sorry if I offended you.

Not offended at all, you do make some good points that I understood better after you explained it.

I do agree that the Delta is way down this season. I guess I'm just pleasantly surprised with how they rebounded after the Granite Bay and Folsom games. After seeing that Christian Brothers gave Manteca a good game I was expecting Jesuit to have their hands full but they won big. Can't remember the last time they handled Elk Grove like that, and they typically struggle against Cattolico coached teams.

I don't live in the area any longer so I haven't seen any games in person and can only go by highlights and what I read. It looked like Latu might've been a big reason for Sheldon "beating themselves"... The sloppy play by Jesuit isn't surprising, that seems to be a trend under Blanton but it does seem to improve throughout the season.

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
These are the kinda threads that are most entertaining on this site. Haven't seen either Sheldon or Jesuit play yet this year, but if Sheldon is up and coming, by the hate some people are showing to Jesuit their their program has definitely arrived. Not too many people pay any attention on here to a weak team because they don't give a crap, but most times if a team starts playing well, then the excuses start flying around here. Be honest now, a one loss team like Sheldon was coming into the game doesn't commit 6 turnovers on their own and fail to score a couple of times in the red zone because of an off night. Looks like Jesuit's defense did something right. And I have heard Jesuit's turf is slick, but it's the same field for both teams, right? I saw the playoff game last year and Indercum looked pretty fast on that field even in the rain, so the turf wasn't too much of a problem that day. And Indercum was and still is also pretty talented and prepared. Looks like Jesuit might have a chance to see them again in the playoffs as long as they can keep playing teams that keep forgetting to show up at game time and if they can just keep away from the SFL teams.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
I’ll just say this whenever I talk in disagreement of Folsom I almost get banned lol I don’t know how this turned into a folsom thread but I’m keeping quiet but grant is down but not down on talent they have two d1 players 1 committed to UCLA they have d1 talent but they are juniors this down year is because of their coaching change if you watch them this year and don’t just look at his scores you’ll see why they are losing they literally tell you where they are gonna run the ball...and their defense is pretty good despite them playing man defense all game

And I'm the guy who is telling people I think the glory days are over at Grant and I just get bashed for it. They won't even be a playoff team this year. In an era when even the worse get a participation trophy. And they are going into the best league in Norcal next year? Ouch.... It is what it is....

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
And I'm the guy who is telling people I think the glory days are over at Grant and I just get bashed for it. They won't even be a playoff team this year. In an era when even the worse get a participation trophy. And they are going into the best league in Norcal next year? Ouch.... It is what it is....

Have you seen them? They don’t lack talent and size at all...what do you mean glory days are over they won section 3 years they win it every 4 years so what’s actually gonna end their program? Have you seen their youth program? They’re stacked probably best in north sac.. if you haven’t watched them play this year you can’t go off the box scores like I mentioned before their LINEBACKERS COACH IS NOW THE OC AND THE OC (al) IS NOW THE DC...losing their starting qb and best player no team will overcome that much turnover in a year the starting qb rb both WRs are juniors...there’s not 1 team in the section that’s gonna overwhelm them with size and talent...if you actually watch a game you’ll see that they only run 1 play out of 1 formation and when they try anything else it’s either picked off or negative yard gain...but I’m sure you guys don’t watch grant games these years..you’ll see a lot of em in 2018

Interesting for a non-playoff team. Coaching can only be blamed so much. I'm going to agree with Larry on this one.

Yeah yeah yeah I’ll let you slide I tend to her messages after I converse with you..good luck to folsom this year

You are either trolling or a total moron. Jesuit is #6 in the area and top 50 in the state and you repeatedly say they are “bad”. They are obviously much much better than even an average team let alone a bad team.

You are either trolling or a total moron. Jesuit is #6 in the area and top 50 in the state and you repeatedly say they are “bad”. They are obviously much much better than even an average team let alone a bad team.
i think what he means is that jesuit is really bad. most of the section is down this year except for a few teams at the top. jesuit has been annihilated against the top teams but dominates the bottom half. crazy stuff my friend hopefully they get better next year

i think what he means is that jesuit is really bad. most of the section is down this year except for a few teams at the top. jesuit has been annihilated against the top teams but dominates the bottom half. crazy stuff my friend hopefully they get better next year

They got ran by Folsom... that’s it

Nothing is personal on this board. But it is always the same people commenting negatively on Folsom. Generally, the same 5 people (1 or 2 of them have 2-3 different handles). It gets old after a few years. That is my only point. Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Haters mean you are good. No hates means you aren't good.

My greatest epiphany in regards to social media was the discovery of the BLOCK / IGNORE button. In the case of this site, I was experiencing the same thing you describe. Over the years it was the same dribble from the same posters with never a constructive, positive or even enlightening comment. So WHY would I allow those people in to my world?

I equate it to living in a neighborhood. Say you live in a neighborhood everyone gets along, is cordial, maintains their home, even lends a hand when needed. Then there is that ONE guy...doesn't mow his lawn, has cars up on blocks in the yard, shouts at the kids walking down the sidewalk and keeps every baseball that lands on his yard! Well the BLOCK / IGNORE button not only shuts them up, but actually REMOVES them from your world. It's like a cyber "dome of silence" that surrounds them from being seen or heard in your world!

Often times I'll scroll through comments and see them numbered #32, 35, 38, 39, etc. and know that the idiot meter is going off the charts again as those ignored comments of #33, 34, 36 & 37 are the same dribble they posted 2, 5 or 10 years ago. So do yourself a favor. Become proficient at the use of the "ignore" function on here and experience life the way it should be, troll free!

My greatest epiphany in regards to social media was the discovery of the BLOCK / IGNORE button. In the case of this site, I was experiencing the same thing you describe. Over the years it was the same dribble from the same posters with never a constructive, positive or even enlightening comment. So WHY would I allow those people in to my world?

I equate it to living in a neighborhood. Say you live in a neighborhood everyone gets along, is cordial, maintains their home, even lends a hand when needed. Then there is that ONE guy...doesn't mow his lawn, has cars up on blocks in the yard, shouts at the kids walking down the sidewalk and keeps every baseball that lands on his yard! Well the BLOCK / IGNORE button not only shuts them up, but actually REMOVES them from your world. It's like a cyber "dome of silence" that surrounds them from being seen or heard in your world!

Often times I'll scroll through comments and see them numbered #32, 35, 38, 39, etc. and know that the idiot meter is going off the charts again as those ignored comments of #33, 34, 36 & 37 are the same dribble they posted 2, 5 or 10 years ago. So do yourself a favor. Become proficient at the use of the "ignore" function on here and experience life the way it should be, troll free!
This is the greatest post I've seen in a long time. My ignore list keeps getting longer because the same people keep creating more names! I just dont get the obsession lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT