ADVERTISEMENT

So WHO should Folsom schedule?

I’m fine with Folsom’s cupcake schedule and then playing for a San Diego trophy. Totally cool. Whatever “floats their boat”.
That's pretty impressive compared to others in CA, hiding out in neighborhood back yard fields.

Imagine if your school had this for a schedule: we'd all laugh over beers.

1. El Cerrito
2. Concord
3. Case Grande
4. McClymonds
5. Antioch
6. San Rafael
7. San Marin
8. Novato
9. Tamalpais

There are literally schools on that schedule that are barely fielding a team.

All about context my friend :)

That program will remain un-nammed.

That's pretty impressive compared to others in CA, hiding out in neighborhood back yard fields.

Imagine if your school had this for a schedule: we'd all laugh over beers.

1. El Cerrito
2. Concord
3. Case Grande
4. McClymonds
5. Antioch
6. San Rafael
7. San Marin
8. Novato
9. Tamalpais

There are literally schools on that schedule that are barely fielding a team.

All about context my friend :)

That program will remain un-nammed.
This is Marin Catholic's schedule. Sorry to share that secret lol

Also, Marin Catholic doesn't market themselves as one of the top teams in the state overall. This is why nobody is calling out their schedule in the same way.

This is Marin Catholic's schedule. Sorry to share that secret lol

Also, Marin Catholic doesn't market themselves as one of the top teams in the state overall. This is why nobody is calling out their schedule in the same way.
Top 10 in the great state of CA puts you in the top 1 percent of ALL schools that play football. No need to market that. That is a fact.

My post about that schedule was all about context and being appreciative of what you have/don't have.

You can be a 1 percenter or something slightly above average. All about context.

I like the 1 percent. It comes with a lot of haters and such. But I'll take all the criticism and bad with a top 1 percent versus the schedule posted above.

No need to market. All the fodder is jut extra added fun. :)

Folsom 4 non-league game proposal -

WCAL top tier - any one of Serra, St Francis, VC (comparable as far as strong leagues)
NCS top programs any one of DLS, Pitt
Central Section - Buchanan, Central, San Juaquin Memorial
SoCal/National - Centennial Corona (Top tier public school) or second tier national / top other state player (Chandler, Hamilton, Bishop Gorman)

Folsom 4 non-league game proposal -

WCAL top tier - any one of Serra, St Francis, VC (comparable as far as strong leagues)
NCS top programs any one of DLS, Pitt
Central Section - Buchanan, Central, San Juaquin Memorial
SoCal/National - Centennial Corona (Top tier public school) or second tier national / top other state player (Chandler, Hamilton, Bishop Gorman)
WCAL team? Maybe. All depends on the year. But this could be good.
NCS top program? Maybe old news now. They've played Pitt and DLS this year. Maybe keep that up?
Central section- Hard pass. Tired of seeing Folsom smoke those teams.
SoCal/National- I'd like to see them take on one of the better publics in SoCal or Arizona. I think a Mission Viejo matchup would be awesome personally.

Solid suggestions though. Keep em coming!

WCAL team? Maybe. All depends on the year. But this could be good.
NCS top program? Maybe old news now. They've played Pitt and DLS this year. Maybe keep that up?
Central section- Hard pass. Tired of seeing Folsom smoke those teams.
SoCal/National- I'd like to see them take on one of the better publics in SoCal or Arizona. I think a Mission Viejo matchup would be awesome personally.

Solid suggestions though. Keep em coming!
Central section- "tired of seeing Folsom smoking those teams?" - Seems premature based on the small sample.
  • 2018 W84-46 over top Central Section Team - domination over a top section team, but also one of Folsom's stronger teams
  • 2017 W54-35 over Central with only loss to DLS. Another good win by strong Folsom team.
  • 2015 W42-25 over Clovis North 7-5 middle of league team
  • 2014 W49-13 over Clovis North 7-4 League champ (but lost twice in league. Lost to good Bakersfield team in playoffs
Other than these games Folsom didn't face Central Section teams when in Delta River or Sierra Valley since 2001 and not sure before that. In general, other than a few years of elite Folsom teams, the games should be relatively competitive against top Central teams.

Others I agree with you. Would also add a San Diego section elite program on the list. 2 or three of Folsom's games should be out of section in my opinion and as Cal14 had Centennial Corona would be my pick for a must game to see, and I also like the Mission Viejo match up as well.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Was also thinking…

since Folsom isn’t ready for any Trinity League Schools, why not try to schedule a WCAC School?

Eh, they’re not ready for the top of the Trinity. Which is MD and SJB most years — who have clearly separated themselves from everyone else in that league.

This season looks like Servite might be included as well.

But for the past 7 years they could compete with the lower half of that league and probably win most those games.

But since they don’t schedule those types of games, we don’t know.

Was also thinking…

since Folsom isn’t ready for any Trinity League Schools, why not try to schedule a WCAC School?

While the game ended up being dropped, Stellar Prep of Hayward actually had St. John’s of Washington DC on their schedule.
WCAC is down this year, but in normal year I’d say that’s a big jump. Usually big physical lines and plenty of athletes. Not exactly playing into Folsom’s strength.

Reactions: ararar and THEOC89
Was also thinking…

While the game ended up being dropped, Stellar Prep of Hayward actually had St. John’s of Washington DC on their schedule.
Yeah stellar prep seems like Bishop Sycamore ….
Amazing Stellar Prep has been around almost 10 years now, I still don’t get their scheduling

Reactions: bella123
WCAC is down this year, but in normal year I’d say that’s a big jump. Usually big physical lines and plenty of athletes. Not exactly playing into Folsom’s strength.

Yeah stellar prep seems like Bishop Sycamore ….
Amazing Stellar Prep has been around almost 10 years now, I still don’t get their scheduling
You would Think a Team Like SJC from the WCAC would Be Thrilled To Play a Team Like Folsom…. I have to Imagine that SJC would be footing the Bill for Steller Prep so maybe they could help Folsom with the costs….

And what a Trip and Experience it would be for The Folsom Kids!!!….

Central section- "tired of seeing Folsom smoking those teams?" - Seems premature based on the small sample.
  • 2018 W84-46 over top Central Section Team - domination over a top section team, but also one of Folsom's stronger teams
  • 2017 W54-35 over Central with only loss to DLS. Another good win by strong Folsom team.
  • 2015 W42-25 over Clovis North 7-5 middle of league team
  • 2014 W49-13 over Clovis North 7-4 League champ (but lost twice in league. Lost to good Bakersfield team in playoffs
Other than these games Folsom didn't face Central Section teams when in Delta River or Sierra Valley since 2001 and not sure before that. In general, other than a few years of elite Folsom teams, the games should be relatively competitive against top Central teams.

Others I agree with you. Would also add a San Diego section elite program on the list. 2 or three of Folsom's games should be out of section in my opinion and as Cal14 had Centennial Corona would be my pick for a must game to see, and I also like the Mission Viejo match up as well.

i think 2018 was Richardson’s last year at the helm. People are forgetting to mention they barely got past Edison the next year.

So after tonight I can confidently say that Folsom should avoid Servite as well…
Folsom should stay in their lane period. Stick with 2nd and 3rd tier programs and win “bowl games” against like minded teams. They are not a physical program or team and in no way ready for elite teams anywhere. And pay attention I said state bowl games not state titles there is a difference.

Last edited:
Servite would destroy Folsom Like DLS and Rocklin did. Servite is arguably the number 3 team in CA. After a great performance against Mater Dei, we’ll see how they do vs SJB.
After watching several games this weekend. I don't think any team outside of California could stay with ANY of the top 3 Cali teams. The Cali teams look like they are doing a job. The other teams are playing a game! And I include IMG !

After watching several games this weekend. I don't think any team outside of California could stay with ANY of the top 3 Cali teams. The Cali teams look like they are doing a job. The other teams are playing a game! And I include IMG !
Like most years the top teams in California won’t be in bowl games or state title contenders. The reality is only one of the top SoCal programs get a bid. (As it should be) Norcal does everything possible to get who they feel is their best teams to a bowl while the elites in SoCal only want that open bid or true state title. It’s why norcal has teams and fan bases like Folsom thinking they are state champs, frankly it’s kind of sad.

Last edited:
Really shouldn't worry about who they schedule right now. Folsom's biggest problem is consistency at the Head Coach position. With Taylor and Richardson there was continuity, when Taylor was hired as head coach at Sac St and took a significant portion of the staff with him things changed for Folsom. It's a slow and painful process from being a great program to a good program, because it's not the kids you inherit when you first take over the team that hurt you. It's the area kid that might have figured out how to go to Folsom, but he or his parent decide they will stay at XYZ (Rocklin for example). IMO every team with the exception of DLS has enough competition they can schedule from Central California to NorCal. As a region, we made a huge mistake of not requiring teams to compete in the open. So instead of schools elevating their programs to the height required to move on from the NorCal open, we gave them the opt out. While the short term view was good for some programs, it was bad for NorCal football. Meanwhile teams in SoCal continued to compete, MD and SJB emerged and elevated their programs to defeat DLS and now do so regularly.

Why are we even still talking about Folsom? They aren’t even champions in their own league anymore?
Many reasons why Folsom is talked about and not all of it has to do with the village idiot. Folsom is frankly the poster child of everybody gets a trophy. It needs to be talked about and Norcal in general needs to put on their big boy pants and play it out. Stop crying about DLS, and Socal teams and start competing. Folsom was a major reason this doesn’t happen and many have looked at them as a quality program while dodging quality competition. The way Norcal has run their playoffs is embarrassing for California football period. Have teams advancing in brackets after loosing and making/winning state bowl games, teams finishing last in their league playing down and getting State bowl games, it is embarrassing. Look at this year you had people and posters ranking Folsom above SF when SF did what nobody had done in 30 years! Why? Because of the hype around a program that never challenged themselves ever, and feasted on area programs while avoiding the gorilla in the room.

Many reasons why Folsom is talked about and not all of it has to do with the village idiot. Folsom is frankly the poster child of everybody gets a trophy. It needs to be talked about and Norcal in general needs to put on their big boy pants and play it out. Stop crying about DLS, and Socal teams and start competing. Folsom was a major reason this doesn’t happen and many have looked at them as a quality program while dodging quality competition. The way Norcal has run their playoffs is embarrassing for California football period. Have teams advancing in brackets after loosing and making/winning state bowl games, teams finishing last in their league playing down and getting State bowl games, it is embarrassing. Look at this year you had people and posters ranking Folsom above SF when SF did what nobody had done in 30 years! Why? Because of the hype around a program that never challenged themselves ever, and feasted on area programs while avoiding the gorilla in the room.
The Playoff system in general is way to long. Teams that are barely .500 get in . Why? Pair it down and get to the point. HS kids shouldn’t be playing 15 games.

The Playoff system in general is way to long. Teams that are barely .500 get in . Why? Pair it down and get to the point. HS kids shouldn’t be playing 15 games.
Agree 1000%. State Bowl system has become a joke. There have been years when CA will have like 3 teams nationally ranked top 25 and and only 1 gets a state title. Now I’m totally fine with that, the problem is you get teams like Folsom claiming state titles while avoiding state champion worthy programs.

Agree 1000%. State Bowl system has become a joke. There have been years when CA will have like 3 teams nationally ranked top 25 and and only 1 gets a state title. Now I’m totally fine with that, the problem is you get teams like Folsom claiming state titles while avoiding state champion worthy programs.
You can’t compete with MD, Bosco, Servite period. Different playing field.

Reactions: Rocknrolus 95361
You can’t compete with MD, Bosco, Servite period. Different playing field.
This is the problem right here. This attitude leads to 30 years of win streaks etc……sports is about competing, elevating ones game, overcoming obstacles that seem insurmountable. I have never heard of a team or program at any level of sport achieve greatness with your attitude.

Reactions: THEOC89
This is the problem right here. This attitude leads to 30 years of win streaks etc……sports is about competing, elevating ones game, overcoming obstacles that seem insurmountable. I have never heard of a team or program at any level of sport achieve greatness with your attitude.
You just are not realistic. You can’t beat a team with 30-40 D1 commits compared to your 3-4

Reactions: NCS707
Have teams advancing in brackets after loosing
It's *losing not "loosing."

If you're going to troll, get it right or get out.

Your disingenuous argument is flawed. No one is complaining about anything besides you because of jealousy. Folsom is right where they should be. They play in a top 3 league in a state of 40 million people. When they advance to a SBG they play teams of their own caliber. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Can Folsom compete with top 5 CA teams? Sure, some years. Others not. But they are a public school with different rules than the schools you keep mentioning them "crying about."

The only person crying is you. Jealousy and envy are real on this forum. For 99 percent of the posters on here, they would kill to have their own programs on the level of Folsom. So what they aren't SJB, MD, or DLS? No one cares outside of 5 looney tunes on here. They are one of the top programs in CA and have a proven track record of that over over last decade. Get over it. :)

LOL... I was looking at the Ohio playoff schedule yesterday. I was shocked to see they had a 0-10 team and an 1-9 team in DI playoffs. I think they allow just about every team in Ohio into playoffs for their 6 rounds/7 divisions playoffs.
The season may be longer than we have experienced in the past for CA but many other states have always had 15-17 weeks for its HSFB history. And realistically only about 50 teams have a 15 game season and only 24-28 teams have a 16 game season. That's out of over 1,000 CA teams. Not only that, but more than half of the teams in the total CA playoffs have only an 11 game season.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCS707
Agreed and we do not want to. Let’s not turn into Transfer City up here. It has ruined public school football down there, kids can transfer at any time for any reason.
Exactly. Why would you even want that? IMO that's a complete joke and mockery of HSFB down there. I would NEVER want to become that sideshow. I could care less if anyone says you can't beat them. No one cares. We have great real programs up here!

And enough with the Servite BS. That team has literally busted one nut in nearly a decade. They don't even deserve to be mentioned with the big programs of down south or up here.

You don't get to bust one nut in 10 years and claim greatness. Most years they are scheduling Bakersfield and bragging about quarterfinals appearances.

First off take the hwy 80 avatar off....You bad mouthed those teams for to many years....front runner....secondly Servite last played in a SBG against who.....yup and the same two teams may do it again.....and loony tunes? You only need to look in the mirror!

First off take the hwy 80 avatar off....You bad mouthed those teams for to many years....front runner....secondly Servite last played in a SBG against who.....yup and the same two teams may do it again.....and loony tunes? You only need to look in the mirror!
Gotta pay homage to the school who got their FIRST EVER win against Folsom. Gotta love the assist from Rocklin open enrollment.

Give credit where credit is due.

It's *losing not "loosing."

If you're going to troll, get it right or get out.

Your disingenuous argument is flawed. No one is complaining about anything besides you because of jealousy. Folsom is right where they should be. They play in a top 3 league in a state of 40 million people. When they advance to a SBG they play teams of their own caliber. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Can Folsom compete with top 5 CA teams? Sure, some years. Others not. But they are a public school with different rules than the schools you keep mentioning them "crying about."

The only person crying is you. Jealousy and envy are real on this forum. For 99 percent of the posters on here, they would kill to have their own programs on the level of Folsom. So what they aren't SJB, MD, or DLS? No one cares outside of 5 looney tunes on here. They are one of the top programs in CA and have a proven track record of that over over last decade. Get over it. :)
You know a nerve has been hit when the spelling, typo, and diction police come out! 😂🤣😂 Anyway I didn’t mention any praticular schools until another poster brought them up. I mention “SoCal” and ”Norcal” and Folsom may be a top program based on numbers the state has 1k or so High Schools. They don’t garner much respect with their peers however because they refuse to play them, and when they do nut up. THEY LOSE! 😂🤣😂

• Haha
You know a nerve has been hit when the spelling, typo, and diction police come out! 😂🤣😂 Anyway I didn’t mention any praticular schools until another poster brought them up. I mention “SoCal” and ”Norcal” and Folsom may be a top program based on numbers the state has 1k or so High Schools. They don’t garner much respect with their peers however because they refuse to play them, and when they do nut up. THEY LOSE! 😂🤣😂
Name a year that Folsom has ever been able to compete with the top 5 Calif schools. We all know they have been rolled by DLS 5 times out of five, and in those years and the years Folsom and DLS did not play, the other top So Cal teams were as good or better than DLS.

I would say that any year in the past 10 if Folsom had played the Southern section teams they would have had 3-5 losses every year.

Eh, they’re not ready for the top of the Trinity. Which is MD and SJB most years — who have clearly separated themselves from everyone else in that league.

This season looks like Servite might be included as well.

But for the past 7 years they could compete with the lower half of that league and probably win most those games.

But since they don’t schedule those types of games, we don’t know.
Lol. Amazing how you non chalantly throw out that Folsom would win most of the games vs lower half of TL. At least cite some basis for stating that. Others wise it’s just another guy claiming Folsom would win all the games they avoid sceduling.

Fact is if the Folsom coaches thought they could win those games, they would have been on the schedule. But they weren’t.

Name a year that Folsom has ever been able to compete with the top 5 Calif schools. We all know they have been rolled by DLS 5 times out of five, and in those years and the years Folsom and DLS did not play, the other top So Cal teams were as good or better than DLS.

I would say that any year in the past 10 if Folsom had played the Southern section teams they would have had 3-5 losses every year.
I assume your question was directed at me since you quote my post. I don’t think there is a year where a Folsom team competes with a elite team from anywhere. The reason, they simply don’t challenge themselves and when they get punched in the mouth they fold because of that. Need to play the best if you ever expect to be the best, a loss to a quality opponent is way bigger and beneficial than the yearly 35-40 point win over Jesuit.

Very well put. 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT