ADVERTISEMENT

SRV 68 Dublin 67

personalogic

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2003
SRV down 4 at half time behind not so great shooting and Dublin out hustling them for every loose ball and rebound. In spite of Mel Finau subbing out with 3 fouls after the first 3 minutes.

Then Dublin came out blazing in the third quarter, taking a 19 point lead behind Finau's 6 three pointers.

But SRV kept grinding. 33/37 from the free throw line. Paige Gerhart hammering to the hole again and again. She made her final 2 free throws to take the lead with 11 seconds on the clock. Dublin could not beat the pressure, get a shot off, or get fouled and that was it.

Extremely exciting game between two strong teams.

Reactions: SouthBayHoopFan
I heard SRV scored something like the last 18 points -- and in a very short amount of time.

Great win for San Ramon; tough one for Dublin.

I heard SRV scored something like the last 18 points -- and in a very short amount of time.

Great win for San Ramon; tough one for Dublin.

Not sure that's 100% accurate, but it was a lot of points very fast. Combination of finally hitting some three pointers and taking advantage of Dublin's aggressiveness (many fouls). Dublin also pulled a T late in the game which meant another 2 made free throws.

Dublin frosh center Sarah Brans was unstoppable at the low post in the first half. With Finau dropping all those threes early in the second half, it seemed like Dublin kind of forgot where the easy buckets were.

Well I guess we can all see that the 3 league teams Dublin, SRV, and California are all capable of beating one another. Now we have to see which of the three will give Carondelet the best challenge. I think Clet plays Dublin first if they haven't already played them. Congratulations to SRV ! Looks like they played last night. CLet 59 to 40 over Dublin.

Are they rejoining the EBAL next season?

Probably not, but I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is they will be better than many think they will be. Sure they may not be as good as they have been the prior 30 years because the pipeline Margaret built only had about 4 years left in it when she did the handoff to the person she hand selected. It didn't continue to add to or nurture what it had so it started to drain. But they still are able to attract from a good and large pool. And they have half of their team returning along with some good underclass in house and on the way from 8th grade. I just watched a few in CYO last night and that was just from two of the many parishes they often have girls coming from. So will they take a small dip perhaps so, perhaps not. Every year and every team is different, we'll have to wait and see. They probably won't go to the Open Division playoffs next season, but you never know. If not the aim should still be win 20 games, win NCS, and win in the Division 1 or Division 2 playoffs and/or championship.

And with regard to SRV, California, and Dublin my guess is SRV and California will be returning several good seniors and a good supporting cast. CLet will return with six players from this years team ( five will most likely be starters) capable of playing well against any team in the EBAL. Perhaps they will split with EBAL teams next year? But based on what I see in their pipeline in house and coming ( just the ones I know about) there could very well be more, and don't let them get a transfer or two like many others schools often get, they should continue to have success IMO.

Last edited:
Probably not but I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of is they will be better than many think they will be. Sure they may not be as good as they have been the prior 30 years because the pipeline Margaret built only had about 4 years left in it when she did the handoff to the person she hand selected. It didn't continue to add to or nurture what it had so it started to drain. But they still are able to attract from a good and large pool. And they have half of their team returning along with some good underclass in house and on the way from 8th grade. I just watched a few in CYO last night and that was just from two of the many parishes they often have girls coming from. So will they take a small dip perhaps so, perhaps not. Every year and every team is different will have to wait and see. They probably won't go to the Open Division playoffs next season, but you never know. If not the aim should still be win 20 games, win NCS, and win in the Division 1 or Division 2 playoffs and/or championship.

And with regard to SRV, California, and Dublin my guess is SRV and California will be returning several good seniors and a good supporting cast. CLet will return with six players from this years team ( five will most likely be starters) capable of playing well against any team in the EBAL. Perhaps they will split with EBAL teams next year? But based on what I see in their pipeline in house and coming ( just the ones I know about) there could very well be more, and don't let them get a transfer or two like many others schools often get, they should continue to have success IMO.
Will they beat Cal or SRV next year?

Will they beat Cal or SRV next year?

I'm not sure? They will be capable of beating Cal and SRV, but SRV and Cal will also be capable of beating them. Neither of the three teams will be towering over anyone. And they will all have a good mix of youth and experience. And I think Clet will have a coaching staff that's up to par with SRV and California. So we'll have to just play the games and see what happens.

I think it's fair to say Clet will be the favorites to beat SRV and California this season. But both SRV and California are capable of pulling the upset this year. I don't think Folsom, who beat Clet ( or Bear Creek who beat Folsom) is all that much better than SRV and California. No team is unbeatable except the New England Patriots. And they make new rules (Tuck, Thumbgate) questionable calls like Roughing the passer, ball hit the turf still a catch, lining up in the neutral zone to nullify a game winning interception, etc.... for them all the time. You never know.... that's why they play the game(s).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT