ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Updates

Next up, Ca #9 Bishop O’Dowd meets CA #5 Bishop Montgomery.

I guess that means both teams can only move diagonally…. No, wait…. That’s the chess teams. 🙂

Dragons are getting smacked but good…. 31-12. 3:27 left in the half.

Dragons shooting 20%.. Not a good way to win. Especially when the other team is scorching the nets at 53.8%.

Dragons are clawing back into it, sorta…. Their fans are going nuts, but 41-28 is still a big lead to overcome in the 4 th quarter

3-ball gets the Dragon within single digits…. Time Out B Montgomery…. 5:48 left in the ball game.

I'm surprised the D1 game was tonight and not Saturday before the Open division game.

I never know who to root for in these kinds of games ...

If BOD wins, it means we lost to the state champ. Good,

If BOD wins, it means we could have won a state title if we made one more shot. Bad.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Watching D4 girls…. St. Bernard’s is leading Grossmont of the Sandy Eggo area 23-12 at the half…. Hasn’t been pretty. Grossmont is scorching the nets at a 14.3% clip.

Some interesting stats…. Both teams have more rebounds than points…. and St Bernard’s, with just 47 points, has THREE double-doubles.

47-29 final.

As has been often mentioned, the shooting background at Golden1 is completely foreign to most high school players, and the size of the court can be problematic as well. Add in the pressure on girls who aren't used to the spotlight, and bad shooting becomes likely, if not probable.

Presumably the Open game tonight will be a little more crisply played.

(I also want to point out that St. Bernard's 243 students dominated Grossmont's 2,000. Enrollment is vastly overrated as a measure of quality.)

Reactions: ankleassassin
As has been often mentioned, the shooting background at Golden1 is completely foreign to most high school players, and the size of the court can be problematic as well. Add in the pressure on girls who aren't used to the spotlight, and bad shooting becomes likely, if not probable.

(I also want to point out that St. Bernard's 243 students dominated Grossmont's 2,000. Enrollment is vastly overrated as a measure of quality.)
I would say that if u take an average team and keeping dropping down level after level after level eventually u will get to a level that team can win at. If Grossman has 2000 kids then shame on the CIF for putting them in D4 and robbing a small school the chance of having that experience.

I'll say it again there needs to be a floor for how far the cif can drop a team.

***this post can also apply to the 1579 enrollment Oakland girls in D5

I would say that if u take an average team and keeping dropping down level after level after level eventually u will get to a level that team can win at. If Grossman has 2000 kids then shame on the CIF for putting them in D4 and robbing a small school the chance of having that experience.

I'll say it again there needs to be a floor for how far the cif can drop a team.

Could not agree more. Reward under achieving big schools and punish over achieving small schools....great plan

I said it so many times. Shooting in that cavernous building and the size of the court. The legs don't have time or the vision in 32 minutes.

Only takes 6 or 7 kids.

This will be interesting…. Harvard Westlake is a .500 team, but has played a major-league schedule, competitive in almost all games. Outlier is Sierra Canyon, who blew them out by some 50.

Of course, Colfax has rolled thru the SJS en route to a 31-2 record.

Colfax has a great girls hoop tradition, and it shows…. LOTS of Colfax fans here, the town hasta be just about deserted.

FWIW, Grossmont's two best players got injured during the game. One in the first half and the other early in the third quarter. Enrollment is typically vastly overrated, especially when playing private schools.

Hm…. I have 18-18 for HW’s record, but the broadcast says 20-14. Mine’s right off MaxPreps…. go fig.

42-40 after 3 quarters…

Julia James with a 15-10 double-double for Colfax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT