ADVERTISEMENT

The Future of the SFL: Who Will Dominate?

FelineBad

Seasoned Veteran
Sep 19, 2016
In 2018 the SFL appears to have no weak teams. Will any team dominate like Folsom has? It seems that the restrictions that Folsom and Del Oro are placing on transfers will water down the talent at those schools. I see Oakridge and Grant as the SFL of the future. Grant certainly will have the athletes to defend the spread teams: Cover 0 and a ton of pressure! What are your thoughts?

Rocklin just beat the pants off Grant. It was 24-0 going into the 3rd.
Oakridge has few restrictions.....CC will siphon off the Folsom transfers that cant go there....even playing field should make things much more competitive.

Reactions: pontiacjoe
Rocklin just beat the pants off Grant. It was 24-0 going into the 3rd.
Oakridge has few restrictions.....CC will siphon off the Folsom transfers that cant go there....even playing field should make things much more competitive.

They had their 4 string qb playing and managed to keep it close..he couldn't throw the ball his first 2 passes were picked off..rocklin was either completing a slant or gett No sacked no in between...let's no mention the flags grant was getting for being too physical

I saw the film...Targeting was called and targeting it was, sorry...the rules have changed so the coaching needs to change and I am old school....Doesn't matter what string, you have to play with what you have.....CLOSE...it was 24 -0 going into the 4th and RHS was subbing.....just like last year RHS was up the whole game and lost 21-20....very close game....

I saw the film...Targeting was called and targeting it was, sorry...the rules have changed so the coaching needs to change and I am old school....Doesn't matter what string, you have to play with what you have.....CLOSE...it was 24 -0 going into the 4th and RHS was subbing.....just like last year RHS was up the whole game and lost 21-20....very close game....

It was a lot of questionable calls...I watched the game live..grant called the same play the whole game cause the qb couldn't throw every time he did it got picked off on deep fade routes cause that's they allowed him to throw. It was 17-0 at half yet rocklin offense was getting dominated roughing the passer target calls extended drives for rocklin..1 possession went from intentional grounding to roughing the kicker..rocklin played no safety's and blitzed the backers cause grant was 1 dimensional. Grant scored on their starters not back ups. If you watched the film then you seen how much rocklin got dominated on offense it was grant lack of offense which killed them number 13 and 88 were studs but rocklin was getting sacked if they couldn't pass them the ball

PUHSD no longer allowing intradistrict transfers. Interdistrict transfer requests to attend Del Oro will most likely be denied and directed to Placer, Colfax, or Foresthill due the fact Del Oro will be impacted and the other schools in the district are under-enrolled. This was to take effect this fall (2017). This information was posted in the Auburn Journal in the spring of 2016 as per school board. Basically the same thing is happening at Folsom High School.

Reactions: smashmouthrick
PUHSD no longer allowing intradistrict transfers. Interdistrict transfer requests to attend Del Oro will most likely be denied and directed to Placer, Colfax, or Foresthill due the fact Del Oro will be impacted and the other schools in the district are under-enrolled. This was to take effect this fall (2017). This information was posted in the Auburn Journal in the spring of 2016 as per school board. Basically the same thing is happening at Folsom High School.

There's probably ways around it..what about if they use a address that's within the radius and attend a middle school that's in the area.

If they actually live in the boundaries of the school they are attending they are OK. Using an address that is not actually the residence is against the rules. Some high profile players have gotten away with that in the past but school districts are much more vigilant now. Grant had one of those about 20 years ago, right?

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
If they actually live in the boundaries of the school they are attending they are OK. Using an address that is not actually the residence is against the rules. Some high profile players have gotten away with that in the past but school districts are much more vigilant now. Grant had one of those about 20 years ago, right?
Maybe 20 years ago. But nobody is changes addresses to attend Grant anymore lol

Not sure but he did come from grass valley

Maybe 2 more years for Folsom.....their frosh are 0-4 and no speed.....appear to be all "home grown" Folsom kids. LOL

Maybe 2 more years for Folsom.....their frosh are 0-4 and no speed.....appear to be all "home grown" Folsom kids. LOL
The real question is did their freshman team look like their varsity team this year 2 years ago..if not they'll find some kids in a different district to get..them it'll be ok to enroll at Folsom right?

Lol every year same ole story. Folsom is going to suck blah blah. And it never happens. And all the SJS people come whining on the forum about all the dominance.

Sore losers lol.

The real question is did their freshman team look like their varsity team this year 2 years ago..if not they'll find some kids in a different district to get..them it'll be ok to enroll at Folsom right?
Not unless you live in Folsom. No open enrollment. Folsom schools are at capacity.

Reactions: future10
PUHSD Policy for Intradistrict Transfers

Changes for school year 2017-2018 school year (applications being submitted by February 10, 2017) include:

• All students are expected to attend their school of residence.
  • All transfer applicants will need to demonstrate a hardship. Hardship is defined as an unforeseeable, unavoidable and uncorrectable act, condition or event, outside of the student’s or family’s control, which causes the imposition of a severe burden, unrelated to an curricular or co-curricular activity in which the student wishes to participate.

Reactions: future10
Not unless you live in Folsom. No open enrollment. Folsom schools are at capacity.

So are you saying we are gonna start to see the Folsom teams that struggled against the Elk Grove schools? If so I'd rather see more of the ones who struggles with sac high...so is it safe to say that we will never see a 2014 version again I wanna see a top level game between grant and Folsom

Grant's recent performance:

2013 Record: 8-4, Tied for 1st Delta Valley, Lost to Yuba City 2nd round D2 playoffs
2014 Record: 14-1, 1st place Delta, Lost to Folsom in Norcals (after winning D2 section title)
2015 Record 10-2, 2nd place Delta, Lost to Granite Bay 2nd round D2 playoffs
2016 Record 8-4, Tied for 4th place Delta, Lost to Antelope 2nd round D2 playoffs.

I'm not sure why people are so excited that Grant is going to dominate the SFL when they have not won the Delta title in 3 years, and have had pretty poor playoff records outside of 2014. And as an objective measure, Grant is 3-5 vs. the SFL teams in that same span (2-5 if NU is excluded as they will not be in the SFL next year).

Grant will be a good addition to the league and will be a competitive team. But to act like the SFL will now be different due to Grant joining seems to be wishful thinking. Oak Ridge and Folsom joining the league was a much bigger change.

So are you saying we are gonna start to see the Folsom teams that struggled against the Elk Grove schools? If so I'd rather see more of the ones who struggles with sac high...so is it safe to say that we will never see a 2014 version again I wanna see a top level game between grant and Folsom
The success will continue. Grant is a 3rd place team at best in the SFL. They don't know what it's like for every league game to be a playoff game.

Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
In 2014 Folsom's frosh went 9-1 losing only to Oakridge. They averaged 43 points per game.

2013 Record: 8-4, Tied for 1st Delta Valley, Lost to Yuba City 2nd round D2 playoffs
2014 Record: 14-1, 1st place Delta, Lost to Folsom in Norcals (after winning D2 section title)
2016 Record 8-4, Tied for 4th place Delta, Lost to Antelope 2nd round D2 playoffs.

I'm not sure why people are so excited that Grant is going to dominate the SFL when they have not won the Delta title in 3 years, and have had pretty poor playoff records outside of 2014. And as an objective measure, Grant is 3-5 vs. the SFL teams in that same span (2-5 if NU is excluded as they will not be in the SFL next year).

Grant will be a good addition to the league and will be a competitive team. But to act like the SFL will now be different due to Grant joining seems to be wishful thinking. Oak Ridge and Folsom joining the league was a much bigger change.

The fact that grant has changed their outdated offense will help...it's easy to use a 5 year span when trying to make a point but outside of Folsom and Del oro what other team won a section title in that same span? Grant is different than any team in the sfl the delta league usually has better athletes Folsom struggled when they had to play those delta teams weekly there's no team in the sfl that is more proven than grant it's been over 30 years of playing at a high level you can't name another team in the sfl that can say that

Reactions: FelineBad
The success will continue. Grant is a 3rd place team at best in the SFL. They don't know what it's like for every league game to be a playoff game.

It won't be too hard keep in mind before you started to pay attention to Folsom grant would play those same sfl schools and hand them a nice L difference between grant and Folsom we rather play challenging teams. It gotta suck now knowing you won't be able to just blitz your lbs all game...last time I seen a regular grant team play a regular Folsom team Folsom lost 43-16

It won't be too hard keep in mind before you started to pay attention to Folsom grant would play those same sfl schools and hand them a nice L difference between grant and Folsom we rather play challenging teams. It gotta suck now knowing you won't be able to just blitz your lbs all game...last time I seen a regular grant team play a regular Folsom team Folsom lost 43-16
You better hope they can defend simple slants.

Boys can hit homeruns but were never taught how to bunt! Lol

And correct me if I'm wrong but since you are going off a 3 year span they only played rocklin and granite bay twice and went 2-2...but it's about match ups sac high hasn't won d2 section title but some how they can match up and beat Folsom...football is about match ups. Do some research on Folsom and look how Folsom struggled with those delta league teams

And correct me if I'm wrong but since you are going off a 3 year span they only played rocklin and granite bay twice and went 2-2...but it's about match ups sac high hasn't won d2 section title but some how they can match up and beat Folsom...football is about match ups. Do some research on Folsom and look how Folsom struggled with those delta league teams
Everything's about Folsom. I like it!

Playing in the sfl saved Folsom...I know they got tired of losing to those Elk Grove schools
Saved Folsom being in the #1 rated league in NorCal per Calpreps?

Comical. Maybe they should quit the SFL and join the Delta. Sheldon, Elk Grove, and Jesuit have gotten railed in the last few years lol

FYI.....Whitney played Sac High when they had their first classs of seniors. Doug Cosby of Dallas Cowboy lore was the coach. It was he that brought the spread to Sac High....not Doherty.....Whitney beat them that season and went on to an 11-2 record losing the title game to Oakdale.

Saved Folsom being in the #1 rated league in NorCal per Calpreps?

Comical. Maybe they should quit the SFL and join the Delta. Sheldon, Elk Grove, and Jesuit have gotten railed in the last few years lol

Might as well give some of those Folsom athletes a chance to see the friends they grew up with lol

The SFL is a good public school league. But has no elite programs... (Centennial-Corona, De La Salle, Bosco, Mater Dei)

Grant, DO, Folsom, Granite Bay have all been exposed.... they are not elite programs...

All have been humbled... In the era of State Bowl games....

I commend Casey Taylor for going to CC. That place has a ton of potential. And Sacramento is a hotbed for Football talent...

Bosco made the jump by flooding the field with d1 athletes... Mater Dei has also joined in. CChristian has the potential to do the same.

Grant, DO, Folsom, Granite Bay have all been exposed.... they are not elite programs...
Interesting. Exposed meaning 2 state titles from DO and 1 from Folsom in the last 3 years?

Your bar is awfully high. Some leagues in NorCal have never won a state title. Ever.

And good public school league? It is THE #1 ranked league in NorCal per cal preps. What an awful league wirh mediocre teams lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT