ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2014 - Returning Impact Players for 2015

Re: WCAL 2014 - SHC vs. Riordan - Live Stream -

So i'm clear....

We're taking the possibility of Riordan being better than Mitty off the table? Not possible?

I would say not possible
devil.r191677.gif

I have to agree, win a game first before making bold statements like that. I say it is more possible they go O-fer the season.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 1: SI vs Bells, Serra vs VC Previews

The sentence ended with ?, not an !.

No statement made, just a question.

Is PurpleHaze smarter than a rocket scientist! ended with a ?
A team with an offense that averages 9 points or less a game?
A team with a HC that has THAT career won/loss WCAL record?
A team that has yet to win a game this season?
A team whose only WCAL win last year was against the SHC team that won zero WCAL games?
A team led by a man with a toy choo choo train whistle prop?

Lots of chatter on here about the Riordan-SHC game, but in all fairness to "PurpleHaze" I think all his detractors should post a prediction simply to prove how much more knowledgeable they are in regards to their knowledge of the WCAL & its teams. They already know the results of the upcoming game, so not a big deal for them to post their predictions - or is that asking too much?

I will post mine tomorrow and curious to see all the other fans predictions as well. If you don't post predictions then no argument against those who do - simple.
This post was edited on 10/8 9:19 PM by Rmbr26

Originally posted by PurpleHaze13:
So i'm clear....

We're taking the possibility of Riordan being better than Mitty off the table? Not possible?

I hate to turn your world upside down, but it's entirely possible that the Riordan defense is better than Mitty's. We'll see Friday night.
roll.r191677.gif

party0009.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/10 5:46 AM by Irish_Cheers

Originally posted by Scott2138:
Shc 35-14
So SHCP is going to score 35? SHCP and their high octane offense are going to score more points on the Crusader defense than Milpitas, SHP, Menlo-Atherton, and St. Francis?!

Interesting.

This is a difficult game to pick considering how much it means to both teams. Not because it will be their only opportunity for a win in league, like many predict, but because I believe this is really the biggest rivalry in SF now. The Bruce certainly has more tradition, but there are so many story lines attached to this game in recent years...

1. The SF Warriors connection - The boys on both sides of the field know each other very well. A great deal of them played together with the SF Warriors. While there is mutual respect, these boys are proud competitors. The loser is gonna hear about it for a long time.

2. The Stanfel Cup - Say what you will about John Lee, but he's never made a secret of the fact that this is the most important game of the year in his eyes. Even as the SH head coach, he said as much. He and Nick Stanfel were good friends.

3. Coach Swap - Peralta used to coach Riordan and Lee was recently dismissed from SH. Both understand what football means in the City.

I look for the score to be in the 20's on both sides. I would have to give a narrow edge to Riordan because they look better on defense. It's difficult to run on Riordan and I think SH might be a little too one dimensional. There won't be another 350 yds/4 TD day for JSW.

Riordan 27 - SHC 24. It will be close with Riordan holding on for the win. I like Riordan's athleticism and speed on D to slow down the Irish running game.

This post was edited on 10/9 8:09 AM by cityfan

Originally posted by cityfan:
Riordan 27 - SHC 24. It will be close with Riordan holding on for the win. I like Riordan's athleticism and speed on D to slow down the Irish running game.

If Mitty's defense couldn't stop the Irish running game, how do you expect Riordan to? Where's Ted Smithers??

In all 4 Riordan losses, including the #1 team in CCS, it was the defense that kept Riordan in those games. The turnovers by the offense put Riordan in the hole in all 4 of them. The offense settled down once #2 went in as QB last week. However, if Lee decides to start #2, I believe those short-field turnovers will be eliminated. Riordan's overall team speed on offense and special teams will be the difference. It's going to be a good game!

This post was edited on 10/9 8:27 AM by cityfan

Originally posted by Irish_Cheers:
If Mitty's defense couldn't stop the Irish running game, how do you expect Riordan to? Where's Ted Smithers??
I hate to turn your world upside down, but it's entirely possible that the Riordan defense is better than Mitty's. We'll see Friday night.

PurpleHaze- From time to time teams have defensive breakdowns. Mitty's was last week. I think they overlooked SHC's running game and didnt prepare well which was obvious. Before this game Mitty's defense has played well. Don't expect Sheppard to run for 300 yards a game. That will not happen in this league. He's a good back, but now he will have a target on his back. Riordan like I said before has improved no doubt, but they are still 0-4, that means to this point they have nothing better than anyone else in the WCAL until proven. I picked them to beat SHC and I think they can put a scare into another team or two, but it has to be proven out there on the field.

No wins this season period - "it is what it is." Very questionable and baffling personnel and offensive play calling made by Lee doomed their chances as the Crusaders were in position of 3 of the 4 losses to win the game on their last possession. SMH!

MITTY 3-1 vs ST. FRANCIS 3-1 GAME PREVIEW:

In a crucial game 2 of WCAL league play both teams need the win to stay in contention for the top spot league play. Mitty enters the game as the favorite with a loss of 21-13 to a very good Los Gatos team, an easy win over weak Palo Alto and 2 close wins over Pittsburgh & SHC by 6 points each. St. Francis also comes in 3-1 with their loss being to Palma 21-12, 2 easy wins over Oak Grove & Skyline and a narrow win over a Riordan 25-23 by way of a 39 yard FG near the end of the game. This is a good rivalry and should be a good game. Mitty won last year's contest 13-12.

Tale of the Tape:

Mitty:
Team power rating = 38.6 Game Offense Avg = 28.5 Defense Allowed per game Avg = 17.2

St. Francis:
Team power rating = 27.4 Game Offense Avg = 25 Defense allowed per game Avg = 12.7

Strength of Schedule: Mitty = 26.6 St. Francis = 12.6

Neither team has shown to have an explosive offense and this should boil down to a defensive battle similar to last year's game.
Mitty is passing for 89 yards per game and rushing for 236 game for combined 325 yards offense per game - 16/43 passing for 37% completion ratio or 4 completions per game. The main weapons on offense are of course Dakari Monroe WR/RB/DB/KR along with Luke Allen who has played very well, and Derek Bauerle the other 2 RB's. Brett Foley has primarily been a running QB and has rushed 21 times for 149 yards.
St. Francis is passing for 125 yards per game, rushing for 151 game for combined 276 yards offense per game - 27/35 passing for 500 yards with an 83% completion ratio for 7 completions per game. SF's 2 primary RB's are Devin Hurtado & Devon Canty with the go-to WR being Drill Hebert who has 15 catches for 187 yards so far.
Based upon the stats and games so far this game should not result in an high scoring shoot-out. Neither team passes much and both rely on the run. Mitty has the advantage with a 6 yard run avg compared to SF's 4 yard rushing avg. In the passing dept Mitty again has a slight edge in passing avg by 22 yards per catch to SF's 20. The biggest difference is the completion percentage that SF's Akina has over Mitty's Foley of 83% to 37% which could also be due to pass protection and difference in WR's. With Akina's completion percentage its surprising SF doesn't pass more - as they'll need to if Mitty stuffs their run game. Mitty holds most of the advantages going into this game and I believe the only way SF can win is to turn their QB Akina loose and throw at least 15 passes during this game - which should result in another 3-4 completions or 60-80 yards of offense, which could be the difference.
OF course Mitty's Dakari Monroe could also be the difference maker here if he has a break-out game with a KO return, interception or big run early to take the steam out of the Lancers. Mitty should be a 10-14 point favorite in this game.

Prediction: Mitty 21-10

This post was edited on 10/9 10:22 AM by Rmbr26

@ PurpleHaze The "Stanfel" game is also the most important game of the year every season because it is usually his only chance for a win.

Originally posted by PAL95:

PurpleHaze- From time to time teams have defensive breakdowns. Mitty's was last week. I think they overlooked SHC's running game and didnt prepare well which was obvious. Before this game Mitty's defense has played well. Don't expect Sheppard to run for 300 yards a game. That will not happen in this league. He's a good back, but now he will have a target on his back. Riordan like I said before has improved no doubt, but they are still 0-4, that means to this point they have nothing better than anyone else in the WCAL until proven. I picked them to beat SHC and I think they can put a scare into another team or two, but it has to be proven out there on the field.
That's fair, if not a bit simplistic.

SI Serra: SI 24 Serra 21 Serra starting a new QB in a night home game against a quality SI team might be too much. This game will be well worth my ticket cost AND getting there an hour early at least.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 2: MItty vs St. Francis

Fubo,

Where does Leki Nunn play with Bishop coming in as the QB?

BELLS 4-0 vs VALLEY CHRISTIAN 2-2 GAME PREVIEW:

In a scenario few fans could have predicted the Bells predicted to come in 6th place in the WCAL come into this game undefeated after taking down unbeaten SI while pre-season league favorite Valley Christian limps in at 2-2 having just suffered their 2nd 14 point loss to Serra [the first loss was to Milpitas 31-17]. Last season Valley Christian rolled over the Bells 31-13 in a game dominated by the Warrior's of VC. This season VC has a plethora of 4 excellent RB's and their returning QB AND one of the leagues best WR's in Colin Johnson while the Bells have reloaded largely from last year's JV team. So the knowledgeable fan would think that this contest should be in VC's favor. VC's O-line did not perform well against both Serra & Milpitas - 2 very physical defensive teams that largely shut down VC's running game. VC has also improved its passing game and hurt itself with penalties against Serra. Watching the Serra-VC game the Warrior's played competitively and the game was much closer than the 14 points indicate. VC has all the weapons and just needs to start playing as a unit instead of individual players, if that makes sense. VC cannot rush for under 100 yards again as they did vs Serra & Milpitas & expect to win against the Bells.

Tale of the Tape:

Bells: Team power rating = 47.5 Game Offense Avg = 39 PPG, PPG allowed by Defense = 23

Valley Christian: Team power rating = 34.6 Game Offense Avg = 31 PPG, PPG allowed by Defense = 17

Strength of Schedule: Bells = 27.9 Valley Christian = 28.4

Based upon the above the Bells have the more potent running game which is baffling and VC has the stingier D.

Of the 8 WCAL teams the Bells have surprisingly shown the best big play offense in all 4 of their games with the majority coming off long runs by Macauley & Guttadaro along with the QB Quinn. Macauley & Guttadaro have driven the Bells offense in each of their 4 games and both players have been impressive, especially Macauley. In the SI game last week the Bells churned out 434 yards of offense with over 300 yards rushing, with Macauley accounting for 177 yards largely ion 3 big plays. In the past 4 games these 2 players have accounted between them for 9 plays over 50 yards each which is remarkable. The Bells currently own the highest rush per average of the WCAL teams. This is a very efficient as always Bells team under coach Janda and while their offense is explosive their D is vulnerable based upon the amount of points given up. Valley Christian averages 92 yards passing and 239 rushing per game and have passed 22/44 for 367 yards while rushing 123 for 958 yards. This is a must-win situation for Valley Christian and another loss will be devastating at this point. VC must establish the run early and must also pass and complete more than 5-6 passes they are averaging per game. If VC cannot establish the run and turn the ball over consistently the Bells will methodically wear them down & run away with this game.
The key is the O-line for VC if they are going to run against the Bells.
The projection has the Bells winning by 9. I think VC has all the tools to win, but am not convinced that VC is disciplined enough to match the Bells execution. Add to that that the Bells have the edge in coaching.
Prediction: Bells 21 - 17

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 2: MItty vs St. Francis

They will find a spot for him if he is the athlete I hear he is.

Good preview. I just think until VC beats a quality opponent, you have to go against them. A loss here would sting and guess what? They will be on the outside looking in just to be in the Open CCS playoffs which alot of people including me thought they had a huge shot to win! Egos aside its time to get a big win for VC

RIORDAN 0-4 vs SHC 3-1 GAME PREVIEW:

One of the biggest games of the year for both teams being hosted by the Irish at Terra Nova tonite. Last year Riordan upset the Irish by 24-21 on Riordan's home turf. Tonite the Irish look for pay-back and come in a somewhat heavy favorite after their showing vs Mitty and their overall 3-1 record. While on face value this looks a bit like a mismatch I would not bet the house on SHC. Riordan had the much tougher schedule and nearly knocked off St. Francis last week were it not for a late Lancer 39 yeard field goal. SHC as well almost took down Mitty with a surprisingly unstoppable ground game. Tonite is a big game and wonder how many will travel to Terra Nova to see the game [not televised as far as I know].

Tale of the Tape:

SHC: Team power rating = 26.2, Game Offense Avg = 37.7, Defense allowed per game Avg = 15

Riordan:
Team power rating = 5.6, Game Offense Avg = 12.5, Defense allowed per game Avg = 21.7

Strength of Schedule: SHC = 5.1 Riordan = 26.7

The Irish are passing for 103 YPG and rushing for 354 YPG for offense output of 457 YPG. So far SHC has passed 16/31 for 329 yards with a 51% completion ratio, 3 TD's & 1 INT. SHC has rushed 173 times and amassed 1417 yards with a whopping 8.2 YPC average and 18 TD's. Last week against Mitty with a supposed strong offense the Irish ground out 350 yards on the ground. All eyes with be on Irish RB Jamar Williams-Sheppard who broke a number of big runs vs Mitty and has to date averaged 11.2 YPC and has a PGA [per game avg] of 221 yards.

Riordan is well behind SHC in offense stats and will rely more on their defense to slow the Irish down. Riordan is passing for 62 YPG and rushing for another 153 YPG or 215 yards of offense per game - less than 1/2 of what SHC is averaging. Overall the Crusader's has passed 29/74 for 251 yards for a 39% pass completion ration, 0 - TD's and 6 INT's. Overall Riordan has rished 145 times for 613 yards and a 4.2 avg. The Crusader's feature RB is Raymone Sanders with a 6.2 YPC avg.

So in almost all respects the stats favor the Irish in this contest. Last weeks contests involving these 2 teams were both close losses to the other 2 teams, Mitty & SF though Mitty is regarded as the better team. Regardless this game is played highly on emotion of which there should be no lack tonite. For SHC to win they must simply stick to their game plan which is to control the ball and run the ball with WIlliams-Sheppard hoping to break containment on any play. SHC has the better pass game as well and will likely complete 4-6 passes, while their D will look to bottle up Riordan;s run game & force the Crusader's to pass. Riordan must address several key issues to beat the Irish: The strength of the Riordan team is the Defense and the Crusader's must find a way to limit SHC's run game.
Riordan is going to have to stack the box to some degree and play the WR's a bit loose in this respect to assist in containment of the SHC RB's. SHC is not a big passing threat as much as they run the ball at a clip of 8.2 yards for every time they run the ball - CONTAINMENT and slowing down SHC's Jamar Sheppard-Williams is key. Riordan's offense must also step up and complete at least 10 passes in order to win with no INT's to win. Riordan has a decent run game, but must pass and be creative in their play calling to keep the Irish off balance. Field position is more important to Riordan than SHC and the coaching staff must concentrate on this in their play calling - Riordan cannot start each possession deep in their own territory.

Although everything points to SHC to win - they are a 2-TD + favorite, I predicted Riordan in pre-season to win 2 in a row over the Irish so will stick with my early call.
Prediction: Riordan 28 - 27

SERRA 2-2 vs ST. IGNATIUS 3-1 GAME PREVIEW:

Serra hosts St. Ignatius in its only night game of the season at Serra tonite. This will be Serra's 2nd home field game and should be a packed audience this evening. Serra is still somewhat of an unknown factor in the WCAL race due to VC's unexpected loss to Milpitas. This weeks games all around will likely clear up who the 2 favorite teams to compete for the WCAL title will be. Serra tonite will face the best passing QB they will see all season in SI's Ryan Hagfeldt. SI has the better passing game and Serra has a slightly better run game. On Defense Serra would seem to have the edge, however the D has played well largely against the run and has not been tested by a passing team as good as SI. While Serra comes in as the favorite SI should not be over looked and could surprise. Last year SI nearly upset Serra and the Padres will not take SI lightly.

Tale of the Tape:

St. Ignatius: team power rating = 42.1, Game Offense Avg = 25 points, Defense giving up 23 points per game.

Serra: team power rating = 45.1, Game Offense Avg = 25 points, Defense giving up 19 points per game.

Strength of Schedule: St. Ignatius = 33.7 Serra = 39.5

St. Ignatius comes into the game passing for 168 YPG and rushing for 105 YPG for total of 273 yards offense per game. Hagfeldt to date is 64/102 for 673 yards & a 63% pass completion ration completing avg of 16 passes per game. Hagfeldt has excellent WR's in Elder, Klein & COnte who between the 3 have 48 pass receptions and will test the Padres secondary. SI WIldcats have rushed 134 times for 421 yards or a 3.1 YPC avg.

Serra starts new tonite with a new QB in Hunter Bishop to replace young Leki Nunn. While Bishop was ineligible Nunn a soph performed well but had troubles with ball turn-overs. Nunn is a talented runner and will likely get some carries with Kava Cassidy out due to injury. All eyes therefore will be on Bishop who coach Walsh stated is a good runner as well as passer and will hopefully minimize Serra's turn-over record [9 INT's in the first 3 games with 7 fumbles as well]. While Bishop may come in a bit rusty in terms of game time play it is also to the Padres advantage in that SI will not know what to expect tonite. Serra likes to mix the run with the pass and will likely pass a bit more tonite than last week [5/6 last week for 78 yards]. Serra has a very good 2 way player in Kelepi Lataimua and 2 good WR's in Brandon Monroe and Demetri McCoy. The Serra Defense must put pressure on Hagfeldt and not allow the SI QB to pick apart their secondary as he is capable of doing.

Prediction: Serra 35 - 24

Kava Cassidy has been cleared to play. Not sure if he will see action tonight but will the next couple of weeks

Originally posted by serdaprs:
Kava Cassidy has been cleared to play. Not sure if he will see action tonight but will the next couple of weeks
Thanks serdaprs for the update on Serra's RB/DB Kava Cassidy. For those of you unaware Serra's 3 year RB broke his collarbone early in the game against Notre Dame- Sherman Oaks which was Sept. 12th. I had heard the following week he was having surgery which likely would have been a plate & screws [maybe serdaprs knows more..]. The usual rehab for shoulder surgery is approx. 2-3 months and its been about 3 weeks, so that would be a miraculous return to action this quickly. My initial thought was possibly Serra could get Cassidy back in time for CCS if they qualify. He is a valuable player to Serra as he plays both ways and is regarded by coach Walsh as their best cover person on D.

So I guess we can take a couple of things from this friday. Riordans defense is solid and has been this year. They only scored 14 against a not so good SHC defense, but a win is a win and they faught hard for it. If they can get a passing game going then Riordan would be a whole different team. Saint Francis punished Mitty on the ground as did SHC and I guess Mitty has trouble stopping the run. Sheppard with a career high last week and now this week Hurtado has one of his biggest games ever! I know their DE Hudson is still out, but no excuse to keep getting gashed on the ground. Pass defense was very good, but doesnt help if you cant stop the run. Mittys offense needs an overhaul as the option is not effective and they have 0 pass game. It will be tough for them to win any game this year if they cant figure out a way to put points on the board and get their playmakers the ball. Serra is the real deal and is for sure the favorite in my eyes. They start a new qb who struggled a bit, but got their run game going with the backup qb at rb and he didnt dissapoint. They have alot of weapons on offense and when Cassidy comes back they will be even stronger.Defense is also solid and I dont see anyone beating this team in league play unless St Francis could do it again. I dont think this year the magic will happen.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 2: Riordan vs SHC, Serra vs St. Ignatius

Serra's defense is extremely quick. That team speed played havoc with SI on Friday. SI QB was under enormous pressure all night. He had little chance with Serra guys coming at him from all directions. Only Serra penalties and special teams gaffes kept SI in the game.

Originally posted by cityfan:

Change+the+ways+of+the+internet+Are+you+mad+_0f50d9a6e023398277c51543e1af55ff.jpg

Originally posted by PurpeHaze 13:

I
hate to turn your world upside down, but it's entirely possible that
the Riordan defense is better than Mitty's. We'll see Friday night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Cheers, after seeing both teams play, how does Mitty's defense compare to Riordan's?

Recap of last nights games:

Serra 32 - SI 20
Coach Walsh of Serra took a calculated risk in starting a new QB in Hunter Bishop vs a very good SI team. Bishop showed some jitters in going 6 of 15 for 37 yards in missing several open receivers during the game [also 2 INT's - 1 returned for a TD]. Bishop shows some good running skills and will need to show quick improvement with ST. Francis coming into Serra next week. SF once again beat Serra last season and the game will be huge for Bishop having transferred from SF for this year. On a side note Serra's soph QB Leki Nunn replaced by Bishop tonite passed for more yards vs DLS in his first game as a QB - 14 of 31 for 156 yards, 2-TD's & 2 INT's. Walsh moved former QB Nunn back to his old position of RB & Nunn responded with some astounding numbers running for 207 yards with 3 TD's on runs of 9, 62 & 75 yards. Serra hurt itself at times with penalties and missing 2 PAT's which could have come back to haunt them. SI's Hagfeldt was accurate in passing once again and only constant pressure from Serra's D kept him from being more effective. SI's run game was stuffed by Serra's stingy defense and held the Wildcats to a minus 8-yards rushing.

St. Francis 15 - Mitty 14
In a repeat of last year's 1-point game 13-12 won by Mitty the Lancer's repay the Monarch's coming away with a 1-point victory which is a bit of a small upset. SF running back Devin Hurtado had a big night for the Lancers running for 189 yards on 22 carries incl. 2 TD's. The margin of victory turned out to be a safety in the 2nd quarter by St. Francis as both teams scored 2 TD's and SF missed their first PAT. For Mitty RB Derek Baurele had 2 TD's of 2 & 96 yards.

Riordan 14 - SHC 7 Link to game recap below:

http://blog.sfgate.com/prepsports/2014/10/10/friday-football-roundup-riordan-gets-defensive-to-take-home-stanfel-cup-again/

In the St. Francis win, Canty left with what looked like a shoulder injury in the second half.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Cheers, after seeing both teams play, how does Mitty's defense compare to Riordan's?
Still hard to say. Mitty's a brick wall against Pitt, gives up 27 to SHC, then stifles St. Francis. Now Valley Christian's come back to life vs. Bellarmine.

Valley Christian 42, Bellarmine 17, Final. Gonna be one of those years in the WCAL.

Originally posted by Hatchball:
Valley Christian 42, Bellarmine 17, Final. Gonna be one of those years in the WCAL.
Hmmm, just got in & saw this score late tonite. So VC rolls the Bells just like last season and no more undefeated WCAL teams.
Will be curious as to what transpired in the game as the score is not even close with a 4 score differential. As I said in the game preview this was an absolute must-win situation for Valley Christian. The game of VC-Serra was must closer than the score indicated & VC may still contend after all. I still like SI who could have beaten the Bells had a few plays gone their way and could also be in the mix among the top teams. With this game now out of the way it has Serra looking good - however Serra plays SF next week who has upset Serra several times in a row - I believe 3 years in a row now - including a 24-0 victory 2 years ago when Serra was a heavy favorite. Yes the WCAL is unpredictable as ever it seems.

Valley Christian 42 - Bells 17

Looking at the stats and scoring the Bells had no answer for Valley Christian's ground game which churned out 375 yards rushing for the game. VC lead early on 14-0 after 2 short TD runs by RB Kirk Johnson which was countered in the 2nd quarter by Bells Guttadauro on another short run to make it 14-7. Mark Quinby then scored on a 13 yard run to make it 21-7 & Kirk Johnson got loose on a 56 yard run to up the lead to 28-7 at the 1/2.

QB Mike Machado for Valley got hot in the 2nd 1/2 and threw 2 TD passes going into the 4th quarter including a 15 yarder to the other Johnson brother Colin to increase the lead to 42-10. The Bells Devon Buenrostro finished the scoring on a long 72 yard run for the final of 42-17.

Kirk Johnson finished the game with 226 yards rushing on 24 carries for a 9.4 YPC average and had 185 yards in the first 1/2 alone. Valley Christian's D came up big in the game and held the Bells potent offense to 156 yards total offense in the game.

So this is the Valley Christian team that everyone was expecting this season and for some reason stumbled badly in the 2 games vs Milpitas & Serra. As I stated previously the VC-Serra game was competitive and VC did not catch any breaks in that game along with solid D from Serra. The Bells had huge per game averages on offense their first 4 games and were rising in all the poll rankings including entering the SportStars magazine CA Top 25 just ahead of Notre Dame - Sherman Oaks.
IN the NCP's Top 20 NorCal rankings this last week Serra was #5 & will likely remain in the top 5 teams, the Bells were #12 and will be dropping significantly, while Valley Christian at #18 should move up several spots. St. Ignatius the #19 team will likely drop out after 2 consecutive losses, but could stay in at #20 possibly.

After the first 2 WCAL League games the standings now show:

St. Francis 2-0
Serra 2-0
VC 1-1
Mitty 1-1
Riordan 1-1
Bells 1-1
SHC 0-2
SI 0-2
This post was edited on 10/12 2:40 PM by Rmbr26

Originally posted by Rmbr26:

After the first 2 WCAL League games the standings now show:

St. Francis 2-0
Serra 2-0
VC 1-1
Mitty 1-1
Riordan 1-1
Bells 1-1
SHC 0-2
SI 0-2
Oh, and here comes the fun one: 2-0 SF at 2-0 Serra. Serra's QB? The SF transfer, Hunter Bishop.

Word I hear is that SF is going to a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit fired up to face him.

Man do I want to make it back for that one.

Originally posted by alexsimon:
Oh, and here comes the fun one: 2-0 SF at 2-0 Serra. Serra's QB? The SF transfer, Hunter Bishop.

Word I hear is that SF is going to be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit fired up to face him.

Man do I want to make it back for that one.
Alex - I can imagine the St. Francis players will be anxious to test Mr. Bishop after leaving St. Francis for Serra. Bishop had a rather rocky start in his first game as varsity QB while it was a big game at Serra in their only night game of the year. Serra though has found another weapon in the pervious QB Leki Nunn as the soph ran for 207 yards & 3 TD's. If Bishop can settle down and be a bit more accurate Sera's offense will be hard to stop [Bishop missed 2 open receivers in the game which could have each resulted in TD's]. After the last couple seasons of SF surprising Serra I don't think Coach Walsh of Serra is going to allow SF to surprise them in this game. I think Serra will be plenty fired up to take on the Lancers on Serra's home turf in this one.

I think Serra will win this game by a pretty good margin despite past history. St. Francis will have problems scoring as from what I saw the qb struggles when there is pressure. Serra will bring plenty of that and thensome. The only way this is even a game is if there is a turnover fest that favors SF. If SF somehow pulls off a miracle and wins this game, imagine how even more out of wack this league will be!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT