ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2014 - Returning Impact Players for 2015

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 2: Riordan vs SHC, Serra vs St. Ignatius

"If SF somehow pulls off a miracle and wins this game, imagine how even more out of wack this league will be!"

If SF wins against Serra, I wouldn't call it a miracle. On paper, they should roll over SF without much difficulty, but there are strong connections with these two teams. Former SF QB Hunter Bishop jumping ship to Serra. People seem to put Bishop on a pedestal. His win/loss record in FR and JV was not very good. Yes, SF 2016 class is not very good but he has not proven himself as of yet. And after one game, he did not impress. I'm sure SF will be gunning for him (not to hurt him intentionally of course) but to create havoc towards him.

Former Defensive and Offensive Coordinators left for Serra knowing SF Offensive philosophy was going to change when Calcagno took over. But their footprint at SF is still fresh in the Lancer football community. I'm sure they'll come up with something defensively to slow Serra's Offense. But if Cassidy is ready to play next week, it will make things difficult for SF. Offensively, SF needs to be creative but the power running game needs to be successful to keep Serra's offense off the field.

On paper, Serra is a 3 TD favorite. But it's the WCAL, any team can beat the #1 team on any given FRI/SAT. BTW, the City schools are taking on Teams from the South in Week 3. Upset weekend? What if....
This post was edited on 10/12 9:06 PM by HSS75

HSS75 - very good post, but I'm not sure any team in the WCAL would be considered a 3 TD favorite over any other WCAL team at this point. If you're willing to give SF + 21 points in the Serra game I believe you will have a lot of takers on that bet.

SF defeated Serra in 2013 and 2012. Serra won 31-13 in 2011.

Here's a glimpse of the St. Francis - Serra past history:

2013:
Serra enters game a heavy favorite at 6-1 with only a 21-14 loss to DLS while SF had already lost to the Bells in league.
In a shoot out on senior nite at St. Francis the Lancers take down Serra 41-34.

2012: Serra enters game as heavy favorite at 8-1 with its only loss a 35-34 loss to Bells in O/T. The lowly Lancers at 4-5 come into the game a 3+ TD underdog and shock Serra on their home field 24-0 in the last league game of the season.

2011: Serra wins 31-13.

2010: Serra edges SF 7-6.

2009: St. Francis edges Serra 27-24.

2008: Serra's biggest margin over the Lancer's in the series 35-3.

2007: Serra pulls out a 10-3 win.

2006: Serrra's biggest win ever over the Lancers 21-17 to end "The Curse".

1973 - 2005: The period that became known as The Curse" to all Serra alumni during which the Lancers won every game for 33 years in a row.

1958 - 1972: SF leads series 9-6.

1958 - 2013: St. Francis has a wide margin in 45 wins to Serra's 11 wins in the 56 year's the 2 teams have played.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 2: Valley Christian 42 - Bellarmine 17

When Serra was searching for a new head coach to direct its football program at the turn of the century, the Padres considered former SF coach Ron Calcagno as well as Patrick Walsh, among others. Walsh was hired. Calcagno remains out of the head coaching business. The rest is history.

I wll say in all honesty last year was a shocker to see the Lancers not only beat Serra, but to put up as many points as they did was even more baffling. 2012 was the strange game which was very controversial. I know a coach wouldnt just throw a game
, but it looked like the Padres didnt want to win that one. I was there and it was a head scratcher. You could argue that the Lancers have less talent this year than lasts, and you could argue that Serra looks like they actually have more playmakers this year than last years Co WCAL champions even with Cassidy being injured. I have watched both teams play this year and Serra should have success on offense against St.Francis's defense. The Lancers will struggle to get points and I don't see them scoring more than 14. Early prediction Serra 31- 14.

"Early prediction Serra 31- 14."

That's probably an accurate prediction. But I still don't get why people think Serra threw the game in 2012. It was senior day. The Serra stands were filled with families and relatives. Serra senior players getting introduced during a big ceremony. It was a big day. I was there too. I could understand Serra players thought it was a cake walk but for them to just give up is just plain... You know. And if they purposely did that, then I'm sure everyone in the stand weren't in on it. I saw some parents distraught.

This post was edited on 10/13 7:23 PM by HSS75

I thought it a lack of effort in that game, but alot of people were saying it had something to do with seeding. It wasnt like Walsh took his starters out, but 24-0 was what made people wonder.

Originally posted by PAL95:
I thought it a lack of effort in that game, but alot of people were saying it had something to do with seeding. It wasnt like Walsh took his starters out, but 24-0 was what made people wonder.
I saw the 2012 game in which Serra got shut-out 24-0 and wrote about it on NCP's afterwards. Nothing went right for Serra in that game and the Serra QB threw 3 INT's which were all influential in SF scores - Landon Baty of SF intercepted 2 of the passes in the end zone after Serra had lengthy drives. Also if I remember correctly Serra had between 10-12 penalties for well over 100 yards and killed some of their drives. There are some days when nothing goes right for a team & that was one of them for Serra - when you play that sloppy you do not have to throw a game - LOL! [did I mention that SF played well also?].

Good thing for Serra SF will not have Landon Baty in the secondary in this game.

Yeah Baty was instrumental in last years game also. He made huge plays down the stretch to pull off the upset. I just think Serra is better at every position on the field, from special teams, qb, rb, wr with maybe a push at the DE position. Despite recent history I would bet the house this is a 14 plus point win. Miracles are called miracles for a reason though......

Week 3 of WCAL League Games:

SHC 3-2 vs Bells 4-1 Fri. nite 7:00 PM at SJCC

Valley Christian 3-2 vs Riordan 1-4 Sat. 1:00 PM at Riordan

St. Francis 4-1 vs Serra 3-2 Sat. 1:00 PM at Serra

Mitty 3-2 vs St. Ignatius 3-2 Sat. 1:00 PM at SI

Freeman Game Projections for this Week:

Bells 41 - SHC 20

VC 34 - Riordan 6

Serra 26 - SF 13

SI 24 - Mitty 19

This post was edited on 10/14 4:24 PM by Rmbr26

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 3 of WCAL League - Upcoming Games

As of this week among the CCS 94 high school football teams here is a look at where the 8 WCAL teams are ranked by Freeman's in the Top 10 teams and those WCAL teams below the top 10:

1 - Serra
2- Milpitas
3- Bells
4- VC
5- SI
6- Palma
7- Los Gatos
8- Monterey
9- SF
10- Mitty
20- SHC
23- Riordan

Through 2 WCAL league games with all 8 teams being competitive this season here are the average points scored & points allowed by each team so far going into week 3:

Team / Points Scored / Points Allowed Per Game Avg

Serra - 28 O - 15 D
VC - 26 O - 20.5 D
SI - 24 O - 31.5 D
Bells - 24 O - 34 D
Mitty - 23.5 - 21 D
SF - 20 O - 18.5 D
Riordan - 18.5 O - 16 D
SHC - 17 O - 23.5 D

So going from the first 2 league games Serra is #1 in both points scored & fewest points allowed. While the opponents are different for each team the ratings will adjust with each game and paint a better picture with each week. So far though they already show the teams capable of putting up the most points and also allowing the fewest on defense.

Based upon CCS rankings/ratings here are the first 2 games between the various WCAL teams & results:

#1 Serra played #4, #5 VC & SI and won both games.
#3 Bells played #4, #5 VC & SI and lost to VC while beating SI.
#4 VC played #1, #3 Serra & Bells and lost to Serra while beating Bells.
#5 SI played #1, #3 Serra & Bells and lost to both Serra & Bells.
#9 SF played # 10, #23 Mitty & Riordan and won both games.
#10 Mitty played #9, #23 SF & SHC and lost to SF while beating SHC.
#20 SHC played #10, #23 Mitty & Riordan and lost to both Mitty & Riordan.
#23 Riordan played #9, #20 SF & SHC and lost to SF while beating SHC.

Weeks 3 WCAL League Predictions:

Three Saturday WCAL games. Interesting.

Bellarmine 28 - Sacred Heart Cathedral 20:
SHC will make a game out of it. SHC will have success in running the ball but they need to stop the Double Wing which is not too dominant this year. SHC needs a big night from Sheppard.

Valley Christian 49 - Riordan 7: Everyone is back and full speed ahead. Tough to stop. Not sure if Riordan can stop this runaway train.

Junipero Serra 21 - St Francis 24
: Another upset in the making. I've heard SF can't wait for this game.

St Ignatius 35 - Archbishop Mitty 28
: Both defense will give up points but it will be a close game. My Dark Horse SI will stay close and will score a TD on the last drive.

But me thinks it will be a clean sweep for the South Bay.

Good luck to all Teams!

Originally posted by HSS75:

Good luck to all Teams!

You're probably right. SHC should have some linemen back. One guy is out for the season.

Bellarmine 35 - SHC 14: SHC banged up after physical battle last week with the Crusaders. Lack of depth will prove to be the deciding factor as its two main offensive weapons,JWS and Murphy, are two-way players.

Serra 35 - SF 10: Riordan running game gouged the SF defense in the opener two weeks ago...Serra comes loaded with 2 legitimate RB threats and possibly the return of Cassidy. Serra D will be too fast and strong against SF's ground game and will also shut down Akina's passing game.

SI 28 - Mitty 24: SI's execution and the offense being run by Hagfeldt will have the 'Cats prevailing @ JB Murphy Field. Can't really get a handle on Mitty this season, but Monroe coould make things interesting.

VC 35 - Riordan 14: Not convinced the "General" will utilize his offensive talent to its fullest and will stay with a conservative and vanilla offensive game plan. Crusader D will be on the field too long with all of the 3 and outs and will eventually wear down chasing down VC's stable of fleet and strong backs and the passing of Machado to Colin Johnson.
Originally posted by HSS75:

Three Saturday WCAL games. Interesting.

SHC will make a game out of it. SHC will have success in running the ball but they need to stop the Double Wing which is not too dominant this year. SHC needs a big night from Sheppard.

Valley Christian 49 - Riordan 7: Everyone is back and full speed ahead. Tough to stop. Not sure if Riordan can stop this runaway train.

Junipero Serra 21 - St Francis 24
: Another upset in the making. I've heard SF can't wait for this game.

St Ignatius 35 - Archbishop Mitty 28
: Both defense will give up points but it will be a close game. My Dark Horse SI will stay close and will score a TD on the last drive.

Good luck to all Teams!

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week #3 of WCAL League Upcoming Games

This may not prove to be critical but here it is: Serra's overall kicking game is not good. It's probably one of the worst since Walsh took over in 2001.

Bells 34 SHC 21
Bells get back on track pounding the ball with multiple backs and proves effective. Meanwhile SHC will try and get back on track after their only legitimate shot at winning a WCAL game. The Bells will try and take stud RB Sheppard out the game and make someone else beat them. Problem is he does all the scoring. Bells dominate but SHC scores late to make it look like it was a game.

VC 28 Riordan 7
Too much depth as VCs rbs loosen up the defense in the second half. It will be a close score at halftime, but the defense will get tired and the speed of VC will take over.

Serra 31 SF 14
No curse this year as the Padres will be pumped for Poly day with revenge on their minds from previous upsets. SF will have problems with the pressure from Serra and it could get ugly. Lancers will need a Landon Baty performance to even sniff a win in this one.

Mitty 35 SI 28
Shootout in SF. Which Mitty team will show? Will they be able to get some offense going? I think this game they get on track and finally have a breakout game on offense. SI will test the Mitty secondary which has proved to be stout. If SI can run the ball they will pull this out. My guess is Mitty is bitter after a tough loss last week being ahead going into the 4th. Two losses one by 7 and one by 1.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week #3 of WCAL League Upcoming Games

Originally posted by colhenrylives:
This may not prove to be critical but here it is: Serra's overall kicking game is not good. It's probably one of the worst since Walsh took over in 2001.
Great point to bring up colhenry & a good topic for discussion. First of all let's clarify Serra's kicking game compared to the other WCAL teams - it is "average". It is not so much that Serra's kicking game is not good, but that Serra had some excellent kickers in recent years including several that got college interest.

First with the Serra vs St. Francis rivalry game coming up let's compare the Padres & Lancer's kicking games and see how they compare and possibly who has the edge in the kicking game.

Kick-Offs - Touch-Backs: Serra 4 of 24, SF 6 of 24, Edge SF

Punts - Avg: Serra = 34.4, SF = 41.9 Edge SF

PAT's - Serra 14 of 18, SF 11 of 14 Edge - even

FG's - Serra 1 of 2 for 29 yards, SF 2 of 4 long 39 yards Edge SF

SO SF has the edge in 3 of the 4 stats & what does it mean? From all stats considered SI has the best kicker in the WCAL and SF's kicker comes in at #2. Example: SI's kicker has 18 touch-backs out of 23 KO's while all other WCAL kicker's have between 3-6 touch-back's to date. SI's kicker leads the league with a 44.1 yard per punt average while SF's kicker is #2 at 41.9. The rest of the WCAL kicker's avg in the mid - 30's with the league low being 28.7 yards. As for PAT's only Riordan's kicker is perfect at 7/7 and next best is SHC's kicker at 22/23 while all other kicker's have missed 2-4 PAT's. For FG's the longest kick so far is a 48 yarder by Mitty's kicker followed by a 39 yarder by SFs kicker.

Here is the rankings of the WCAL's kicking games so far:
[Bells not factored in as do not report stats]

1] SI
2] SF
3] Riordan
4] SHC
5] VC, Mitty, Serra

So even a slight edge is an edge and SF has the edge in kicking over Serra in this week's games. Other than kick-offs however field position of course plays apart in how effective the kicking game is as well as the play calling. Either way should be a good and entertaining game.

Originally posted by jordan24:
Bellarmine 35 - SHC 14: SHC banged up after physical battle last week with the Crusaders. Lack of depth will prove to be the deciding factor as its two main offensive weapons,JWS and Murphy, are two-way players.

Actually, SHC got banged-up during the Mitty game. Four offensive starters were injured. Not an excuse but that's where depth comes in. One player is out for the season.

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week 3: Game Predictions

Originally posted by Rmbr26:

Week 3 of WCAL League Games:

SHC 3-2 vs Bells 4-1 Fri. nite 7:00 PM at SJCC
Valley Christian 3-2 vs Riordan 1-4 Sat. 1:00 PM at Riordan
St. Francis 4-1 vs Serra 3-2 Sat. 1:00 PM at Serra
Mitty 3-2 vs St. Ignatius 3-2 Sat. 1:00 PM at SI

Freeman Game Projections for this Week:

Bells 41 - SHC 20
VC 34 - Riordan 6
Serra 26 - SF 13
SI 24 - Mitty 19
Game Predictions by Rmbr26:

Serra vs St. Francis: Certainly the Lancers hold the big edge in the series and have won regularly even when Serra has been favored, much to the misery of the Serra die-hards. The Lancer's have upset the Padres the last 2 games between the teams, so can SF make it 3 in a row? The odds are def against SF this time around, more so I feel than the last 2 meetings. De La Salle is 7-0 and #1 team in CA - Serra held them to lowest points scored to date (41) in which Serra scored 13 points, so this will be the best defense SF has faced yet. Against its 2 best quality opponents Palma & Mitty the Lancers scored 12 & 14 points respectively, so I do not look for SF to light up the scoreboard like last year. Serra has the new QB Bishop at the helm & odds are he will do better than the poor stats he put up last week, while Serra has found another quality RB in former QB Leki Nunn who ran for 207 yards vs St. Ignatius. If Leki & Lataimua can gain some rushing yards & WR's Monroe & McCoy can catch some passes from Bishop then Serra should pull away in this one. As we know nothing is for certain in this series and SF always produces big plays via special teams against Serra. Bishop cannot throw INT's which turn into TD's vs the Lancers without inspiring the Lancers and keeping them in the game. Question: should Bishop struggle at QB would Coach Walsh make the switch back to Leki Nunn who was completing 50% of his passes & 5 of 6 vs Valley Christian?
Prediction: Serra 27 - SF 13

SI vs MItty: Hagfeldt of SI was harassed by Serra and SI's run game did not produce forcing SI to pass more than it is comfortable doing. Mitty against the better teams it has faced has struggled to put up points. SI is the best passing team Mitty will face and likely will not contain SI's offense from putting up at least 21+ points. Possibly Mitty's Offense will come to life but not likely they will out score SI. SI also has the best kicker in WCAL.
Prediction: SI 31 - Mitty 17

Valley Christian vs Riordan: VC responds in a big way last week in a must win shocking the previously unbeaten Bells by 42-17.
VC has been somewhat a Jekyl & Hyde team depending on which version shows up. Riordan lost to Milpitas 27-0 while VC lost to Milpitas by 31-17, so that should give Riordan some hope. If VC's run game gets going early it will be a long day for the Crusader's.
Riordan must take chances on stopping the run and use single coverage on all WR's since VC will primarily rely on their run - and put the best coverage DB on Colin Johnson [and the DB better be taller than 5'9" to handle the 6'5" Johnson who is an excellent WR]. It may simply be that Riordan's Defense cannot contain the stable of RB's that VC has and the game could get away from them in the 2nd 1/2.
Prediction: Valley Christian 35 - Riordan 14.

Bells vs SHC:
Bells still licking their wounds from last weeks beating by Valley Christian. SHC should have paid attention that the Bells could not contain the run game by VC and concentrate first and foremost on first downs by running - on all 4 downs if field position will allow it. No one expects SHC to beat the Bells so there is nothing to lose in taking some reasonable chances. On the flip side Bells are used to the big play and break lots of big runs, with the one exception being against Valley Christian. I hope SHC watched the game films to see what VC did in this respect. Now that the Bells have lost a game they will be motivated to get back on track in the WCAL. The Bells will come in hungry and SHC will have to slow them down one way or another. The negative against this is the meager 7 points SHC put up against Riordan last week.
Prediction: Bells: 35 - SHC 20

Conclusion:
I often disagree with some of the projections which can often be wrong at this point in the season [but become more accurate with each week]. This week however I do not see any surprises taking place. After this weekend there will be only 1 undefeated team in the WCAL.
This post was edited on 10/17 1:39 PM by Rmbr26

Re: WCAL 2014 - Week #3 - Serra vs SF on Prep2Prep today at 1:00

Half time scores: VC 12 Riordan 0
SF 2 Serra 0

Is there a new Sheriff in the WCAL? Serra is running out of time. Never thought they would be shut down like this so far. Time is running out. Wow

The score on the screen is wrong it is 14-2 Serra late in the 4th.

Just figured it out. Am in Tahoe and caught catching the last few minutes. Thanks.

Serra 14 Saint Francis 2 Final.

Mitty 17 SI 14 Final

VC 33 Riordan 7 Final

This post was edited on 10/18 3:44 PM by WCAL75

Serra 14-2 over SF

I did not know that one team could make so many mistakes and still win the game - which is what Serra did today, doing just enough on offense to pull out a win against a remarkably tough SF Lancer team. Serra returned a punt early in the first quarter to the Lancer 2 and the Lancers held them to 4th down when Serra went for the TD & fumbled the ball. Serra's D really stepped up in this game and there was not much offense the Lancers could muster at all, either running or passing - surprised they did not use RB Hurtado more? Serra would hold SF, get the ball back and move it somewhat but squandered numerous opportunities which I believe were 2 INT's and several more fumbles during the game. Twice the center hiked the ball over the QB's head for a huge loss when in the red zone and another time over the Serra punter's head. SF also held Serra on 4th & short late in the first half. The new QB Bishop is still getting his legs under him at the position at the varsity level. He made some mistakes, but seems to know the position well and largely has good field vision. On several throws he was late delivering including one of the picks where the receiver was wide open, but the delay in the pass getting there allowed the DB to get there for the pick. On another long pass play Bishop threw the ball perfectly with nice touch right into the WR's hands.

In the first 1/2 the Serra punter was tackled in the end zone for the 2 point safety and that was the score going into the 4th quarter.
In the 4th Serra had the ball first & goal on the Lancer 4 yard line and again the center hiked the ball over QB Bishop's head about 15 yards - which Bishop was lucky to recover & throw out of bounds which saved a huge drive killing loss and the TD followed. Late in the 4th Serra scored the 2nd TD and then the Serra D held the Lancers driving in Serra territory. On the next play the Serra offense again fumbled the ball giving it back to the Lancers for one more chance & again the Serra D held SF on 4 downs.

Looking at the game both teams strength is their defense. For Serra it seemed Bishop may have outplayed Akina for SF, but Serra also has a better secondary than SF. Serra's Leki Nunn switched from QB to RB had numerous big plays including a 50 yard TD called back on a offensive facemask call, which is a somewhat unusual call on a sweep. Nunn also had the long punt return early in the game in which an SF defender saved the TD by tripping him up inside the 5 and SF later recovered the fumble on 4th and goal from the 2.

So for 3 quarters it looked like Serra would succumb to the dreaded "Curse" of the Lancer's once again, but with some luck and a great defense avoided losing to SF for a 3rd year straight. Good effort by both teams & SF came to play as well.
This post was edited on 10/18 4:22 PM by Rmbr26

This game was an old-fashioned slug-fest, like something right out of the ancient Tim Rossovich-Vince Tammaro days of 1960s-1970s yore. In this defensive struggle, Serra needed only a field goal to win it. That's how strong the Padre defense played. The SF offense was almost totally shut down. Serra has never won an outright WCAL title during the Walsh Era. This might be the year. Emphasis on the word "might."

This post was edited on 10/18 5:02 PM by colhenrylives

This game was an old-fashioned slug-fest, like something right out of the ancient Tim Rossovich-Vince Tammaro days of 1960s-1970s yore. In this defensive struggle, Serra needed only a field goal to win it. That's how strong the Padre defense played. The SF offense was almost totally shut down. Serra has never won an outright WCAL title during the Walsh Era. This might be the year. Emphasis on the word "might."
You could be right colhenry, but the amount of mistakes, penalties and turn-overs on-going by Serra has got to be disconcerting to the coaching staff [I think the VC game was probably their cleanest game so far]. A team I already see on the horizon that could give Serra big problems are the Bells. They play largely error-free football and have big play capability and could likely take advantage of all of Serra's offensive weak points. I do agee however that Serra may just have enough offense along with its D to run the WCAL.

"surprised they did not use RB Hurtado more?"

He was hurt before the game. I think he came in for a couple of plays but it wasn't working out. He was the starting DE as well. It was a defensive battle. SF did very well stopping the run against Serra for 3 qtrs but SF defense was in the field way too long and by the end of the 3rd qtr, SF lost half their defense.

SF lost starter/captain K/Safety Quin in the 1st Qtr with what looks like a knee injury. Backup QB Barber did a very good job subbing in for Quinn and even made a great play intercepting one of Bishops pass.

SF also lost starter/captain ILB Carbonel in the middle of the 3rd. That was a big blow. It was his 1st game back since the 1st game of the season when he went out with a knee injury. It's a shame that he re-injured it. It's a big game so he probably wanted to come back early.

Starting DBs Cassidy and Rassmusen did not return in the second half with unknown ailments.

Hard running starter RB Canty who also doubles as a DB is out for a few weeks with broken collar bone.

Starter WR/P Trill Hebert was out most of the second half. Looks like he was limping and didn't come in until very late in the game.

So when Serra scored the 14 points in the 4th, SF had to rely on the reserves which I think they really did a good job. I think Serra lost a few players as well. Very very physical game.

As for SF offense, same story. Very predictable and came out producing a goose egg. Seems like Calcagno is content on playing conservative when his defense is winning the game. The defense scored the two points and I thought that would be the score. Offense has to contribute when the defense is working very hard when shutting down a high powered offense like Serra. Serra is still vulnerable and could be beat but they have a very good defense. SF plays VC next week. Another physical game.

But it was a great game nevertheless. Oh yeah, Polynesian day at Serra. Food was terrific!
This post was edited on 10/18 5:57 PM by HSS75

… and Serra's best player, Kava Cassidy, did not play again, either on offense or defense.

No rush to bring back Cassidy...but will make the Padres formidable latter part of the season/playoffs as he will be fresh. Lots of players getting banged up throughout the league.
… and Serra's best player, Kava Cassidy, did not play again, either on offense or defense.

Note to the esteemed Rambling Man: Serra's kick return game is a wildcard, perhaps the best in the league. Those athletes make something out of nothing on a fairly regular basis. So, even if the offense is sporadic and inefficient on some weekends, the defense and special teams are there to compensate. By the way, there is no vastly superior team in the WCAL this year, no NorCal championship favorite, no overwhelming unit. All eight are flawed in one way or another. Serra just might be less flawed than the rest. The Padres, at the very least, are the fastest team in the league overall. That does pay dividends.

Serra 14 Saint Francis 2 Final.

Mitty 17 SI 14 Final

VC 33 Riordan 7 Final

Any info on the Mitty Game?

Originally posted by NorCalSportsFan:
Just figured it out. Am in Tahoe and caught catching the last few minutes. Thanks.
You were in Tahoe and watching HS football games online? No offense but pretty good day to watch CFB and be watching with a very vested interest! Not to mention tomorrow is nfl games all day.

Just tuned in on my iPhone for the last part of Serra v SF. Was in between activities and had half an hour to kill.

Fair enough. And W/O getting to personal I do recall you do have family up there! Have fun!

WCAL Standings Week #3

Serra 3-0
VC 2-1
SF 2-1
Bells 2-1
Mitty 2-1
Riordan 1-2
SI 0-3
SHC 0-3

Projected Scores Prior to this weekend's games were:
Bells 41 - SHC 20 [Bells +21]
VC 34 - Riordan 6 [VC +28]
Serra 26 - SF 13 [Serra +13]
SI 24 - Mitty 19 [SI + 5]

Actual Scores from this weekend's games:
Bells 35 - SHC 14 [Bells +21]
VC 33 - Riordan 6 [VC +27]
Serra 14 - SF 2 [Serra +12]
Mitty 17 - SI 14 [Mitty +3]

So projections had 3 of 4 games correct and close in points differentials. SI-Mitty game was off by 8-points with Mitty winning the game on Defense & holding SI's offense in check.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT