ADVERTISEMENT
so you
Okay,…since you want to be salty😳🤣🤣

As I posted, with the change in administration and AD leadership there has been a modification in Approach & ATTITUDE. Last year’s mantra:#🎤…drop

I stated, which you want to deflect from your absolute “statement of thousand”. Where is your data. What is your reference….On the absolute of on campus vs.off campus coaches. I can only think when you stated thousands, the reference point would be beyond #WeR; “Hmmm…seems like you have 999 pro with only an answer for 1”.

But let me be clear, although a coaches self measurement is W/L and banners. My parameter of a successful program is student/athletes obtaining D1 opportunities coming out of #WeR, remember student/athletes are not D1 until they graduate from HS

C’Mon Man….Come STRONG or Fallback: “Ain’t no shame In That”😎😎
so you admit that you don’t care about winning. enough said. and that my friend is why nobody takes riordan serious.

oh and that also contradicts with all the bragging and flexing you do on the rare occasions they actually do find someone they can beat.

oh and look at the top 25 teams in not cal and see how many of them have teachers or educators as coaches. I’ll wait

so you

so you admit that you don’t care about winning. enough said. and that my friend is why nobody takes riordan serious.

oh and that also contradicts with all the bragging and flexing you do on the rare occasions they actually do find someone they can beat.

oh and look at the top 25 teams in not cal and see how many of them have teachers or educators as coaches. I’ll wait
Okay, I just read through the board and figured out your MO, I thought after @HZWIZARD “Clapped You Back”, you would have some self pride and go ghost,…

I just hit the IGNORE option FOR: @MOST and PLUMP

1. #VeryRevealingHandle🤣🤣🤣
2. #NotLikeUs
3. #TerribleReadingComprehesion,…None😳
4. #StopTryingToPostInEbonics,….Refer to #2

Last edited:
Okay, I just read through the board and figured out your MO, I thought after @HZWIZARD “Clapped You Back”, you would have some self pride and go ghost,…

I just hit the IGNORE option FOR: @MOST and PLUMP

#VeryRevealingHandle🤣🤣🤣
#NotLikeUs
#TerribleReadingComprehesion,…None😳
I wouldn’t hit the ignore button on him personally being he has flaws in much he posts.

so you

Again you put together a comment that just doesn’t add up.

Many successful coaches ended up with on campus jobs. Sure we have say a legend coach for De La Salle football but we also had one of arguably basketball coaches for DLS for basketball.

So to say teams are better with on campus coaches is comical. Riordan has a state title in basketball with an off campus alum. SHC won one WCAL football title in this modern era and the coach was an alum. But their state title team the coach was an alum at Riordan and did have a on campus job.

Many successful coaches ended up with on campus jobs. Sure we have say a legend coach for De La Salle football but we also had one of arguably basketball coaches for DLS for basketball.

So to say teams are better with on campus coaches is comical. Riordan has a state title in basketball with an off campus alum. SHC won one WCAL football title in this modern era and the coach was an alum. But their state title team the coach was an alum at Riordan and did have a on campus job.
you have multiple legends at de la salle (this is the football thread so we’re talking about football here) and all every single one of them are/were on campus. if riordan was serious that would be there model.

With remote work now pretty much the norm in high tech, Coach Ravipati, works remotely on campus. A nice situation since he is most always on campus and stays in touch with the students, coaches and administration.

Btw - I don't think SHC has ever won a WCAL Football title in its entire history.

Although better than last year. its sort like the teapot calling the platter silver.
Ya know FBA, I had planned to be more of a Faith-Based poster this season….But “ Everytime I think I am out,.. they keep bringing me back to my dark nature”🤣🤣🤣🤣

But I would have used the pot and kettle analogy😳😂😂😂, at least one of them would have been true:🎤….drop

#Don’tPokeTheBear🫶😳🫶😂😂😂
#GladIHaveFBA:”stampofapproval”🤙🌈🤙

Btw thank you Board Guru,…Did anyone notice how @Irish_Cheers & @iamgearyblvd was going to let that “Fake News”hang out there😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FBAddict
With remote work now pretty much the norm in high tech, Coach Ravipati, works remotely on campus. A nice situation since he is most always on campus and stays in touch with the students, coaches and administration.

Btw - I don't think SHC has ever won a WCAL Football title in its entire history.
Guess you got me there, old age. But I thought we had the best record in league Jamar Shepard senior year. Did they have playoffs then.

Yep you got me. Just looked it up. Man i am getting old. We went independent when Jamar Sheppard played. The kid was incredible. Thanks for the wake up call.

Guess you got me there, old age. But I thought we had the best record in league Jamar Shepard senior year. Did they have playoffs then.
Yup yall was independent that year and he ran over us at Kezar, man that guy was good along with Zack Rance

Yep you got me. Just looked it up. Man i am getting old. We went independent when Jamar Sheppard played. The kid was incredible. Thanks for the wake up call.
Is James Sheppard the same young man we called Baby Shaq at the Boys & Girls club on Page Street?

If so he is now the PE instructor at Alta Loma in DC now,…

Is James Sheppard the same young man we called Baby Shaq at the Boys & Girls club on Page Street?

If so he is now the PE instructor at Alta Loma in DC now,…
He played in 1995. His senior year may have been 1996. I don’t recall that far back to be honest. I do recall Jamar being recruited by Nebraska. May have ended up at Cal. But my memory struggles thinking that far back. But if the kid got outside. It was stiff arms and to the house like nobody’s buisness. I believe it was thought that the next Sheppard at SH was his son, but never paid attention to much at that time to confirm such.

Perhaps that was during the time SH was not in the WCAL? @Irish_Cheers can you confirm?
SH has never won a WCAL football title. They did have an undefeated season going 9-0-1 . That was either in 1997 or 1998. They achieved that season as an independent. They did have 2 WCAL wins that season vs Riordan and Bellarmine, and the tie vs SI.

He played in 1995. His senior year may have been 1996. I don’t recall that far back to be honest. I do recall Jamar being recruited by Nebraska. May have ended up at Cal. But my memory struggles thinking that far back. But if the kid got outside. It was stiff arms and to the house like nobody’s buisness. I believe it was thought that the next Sheppard at SH was his son, but never paid attention to much at that time to confirm such.
Jamar was 1992-1996. He was an unbelievable RB of speed, size, and power. He is the rare athlete who did not require a massive offensive line to amass his rushing yards. His crown jewel moment was not as a RB but as a DB with a 90+ yard pick-6 off some Serra QB during a late 4th quarter game winning drive.

Jamar might not have been the best Sheppard as his younger brother Jermaine was also an excellent RB for SH and score many touchdowns and ran for a ton of yards. The Sheppard tree kept going with his son Jamar Williams-Sheppard who had quite an SH career like his dad. There was one more Sheppard, but I believe it was just Williams, which was a tragic story... as a freshman was murdered right outside of campus. I dont know if this case was ever solved but it was just a sad, sad moment.

Reactions: MC415
Jamar was 1992-1996. He was an unbelievable RB of speed, size, and power. He is the rare athlete who did not require a massive offensive line to amass his rushing yards. His crown jewel moment was not as a RB but as a DB with a 90+ yard pick-6 off some Serra QB during a late 4th quarter game winning drive.

Jamar might not have been the best Sheppard as his younger brother Jermaine was also an excellent RB for SH and score many touchdowns and ran for a ton of yards. The Sheppard tree kept going with his son Jamar Williams-Sheppard who had quite an SH career like his dad. There was one more Sheppard, but I believe it was just Williams, which was a tragic story... as a freshman was murdered right outside of campus. I dont know if this case was ever solved but it was just a sad, sad moment.
Great info. That’s where I thought it was the WCAL title and forgot we were independent. Was at every game that undefeated year. And man it was like everytime Jamar turned the corner he was gone.

Great info. That’s where I thought it was the WCAL title and forgot we were independent. Was at every game that undefeated year. And man it was like everytime Jamar turned the corner he was gone.
most people would not consider 9-0-1 to be undefeated because there is a 1 in the record.

like if they went 0-0-10 would you consider that a success?

most people would not consider 9-0-1 to be undefeated because there is a 1 in the record.

Most people would consider winning 90% of your games much different than winning 0% of your games if you want to gage success

Strictly speaking, that mythical 0-0-10 team did not lose a game. So it was, technically, undefeated. Winless but unbeaten. So The Panda is correct.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
SI pulling off the upset to beat Serra 30-28
(I'm a homer! What did you expect?)
St. Francis over Bells 42-7
Riordan over SHC 35-7
Mitty over VC 21-14
Only way I see SI pulling off the upset are Padre turnovers that keep the game close and within SI's outstanding kicker's range. I may be wrong, but SI QB Hummel has more INTs than TDs 4/3? That has to change, b/c that Padre run D is fast and stout.

Reactions: Niklas227

Well smart guy, or wait is it dumb ass. Anyways to my point, per Merriam Webster(not the one on TV) the definition of undefeated is to never have been defeated in battle or other contest.

Now I know what your gonna do, your gonna google Charles and George who by the way would have had the moni ker DRY AND FLAT if the in ter net existed back at that time as well as Noah’s Ark aka Web ster and see if they were nerds or athletes.

And when you gather all that info set up a meeting with Brian Armstrong who is a nerd from Bellarmine worth 7.5 billion dollars and founder of coinbase and get back to me.

Somehow and in someway Brian might be classified as undefeated as well in the world of nerds.

PS: Does anyone know if Brian played any sports for the Bells? If he didn’t what a dummy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Let's get back to the matter at hand: The start of the 2024 WCAL season. It's wide open, as up for grabs as its been in quite awhile. There is no clear favorite. There has been a lot of speculation that Serra is the obvious choice to repeat. Really? Did you watch the DLS and Bosco games? The win over Folsom was an upset and, frankly, a reflection of Folsom's lack of preparation and execution. Serra deserves a lot of credit for that road win. But it's being blown out of proportion now. It will be no surprise at all if the Padres _ led by an inexperienced QB and relying on young players throughout _ go 5-2 in league play. They are vulnerable. On the other hand, so are the other seven WCAL teams. Again, a tie for the crown seems quite possible this year. SI has first crack at the Padres in the Sunset District fog Friday evening. Expect a low-scoring grinder.

Well smart guy, or wait is it dumb ass. Anyways to my point, per Merriam Webster(not the one on TV) the definition of undefeated is to never have been defeated in battle or other contest.

Now I know what your gonna do, your gonna google Charles and George who by the way would have had the moni ker DRY AND FLAT if the in ter net existed back at that time as well as Noah’s Ark aka Web ster and see if they were nerds or athletes.

And when you gather all that info set up a meeting with Brian Armstrong who is a nerd from Bellarmine worth 7.5 billion dollars and founder of coinbase and get back to me.

Somehow and in someway Brian might be classified as undefeated as well in the world of nerds.

PS: Does anyone know if Brian played any sports for the Bells? If he didn’t what a dummy.
Brian Armstrong could cast well for Lex Luther. $7.5B!!! Is that the biggest net worth across all the WCAL schools?

• Haha
Brian Armstrong could cast well for Lex Luther. $7.5B!!! Is that the biggest net worth across all the WCAL schools?
Man that’s a great question. I did some quick Wiki searches and I think it would be safe to say he is.

For shits and giggles I looked up a few other prestigious schools, Harker, door dash founder and Mark Zuckerberg wife.

I think it would be cool to see who in the elite played sports, and in this case football. Maybe a local young reporter could put together such a list. I am sure some have played.

Man that’s a great question. I did some quick Wiki searches and I think it would be safe to say he is.

For shits and giggles I looked up a few other prestigious schools, Harker, door dash founder and Mark Zuckerberg wife.

I think it would be cool to see who in the elite played sports, and in this case football. Maybe a local young reporter could put together such a list. I am sure some have played.
The one name to comes to mind who is $10B net worth who played sports but did not further their athletic career (ended in college) is Phoenix Suns owner Matt Ishbia.

I Nominate this for Post Of The Year!!…. 🤣🤣🤣

Only way I see SI pulling off the upset are Padre turnovers that keep the game close and within SI's outstanding kicker's range. I may be wrong, but SI QB Hummel has more INTs than TDs 4/3? That has to change, b/c that Padre run D is fast and stout.
Those 4 picks Hummel threw all came from our 1st game against SRV. A game we were still in irregardless until the 4th Qtr. when they pulled away.

The one name to comes to mind who is $10B net worth who played sports but did not further their athletic career (ended in college) is Phoenix Suns owner Matt Ishbia.
I was more referencing local folks. But I do know another fellow alum, SH running back and Cal back as well, Yarnway who has done very well. He was fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT