ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2024 Football Schedules

Wow. So your sole measurement is Wins and Losses? SI arguably has never been a football school. Football isn't even in the same ballpark as their other elitist sports for their type of student-athlete (see Crew, Lacrosse). Regalia always had solid teams that were always in the middle of the league standings and that was their ceiling. No shame in that for a non-football power.
This is about football in a football chat. What are you talking about? Numbers don't lie and Regalia had 1 winning season his last 10 years during WCAL league play.

I hear its highly recruited DL Manoah Faupusa from Los Alamitos.

He single handily kept Los Al in the playoff game against Mission Viejo thru 3 overtimes before he finally ran out of gas.

This is the same Mission Viejo that waxed the crap out of De La Salle in the Championship.

SI also got a WR transfer but I don't know his name.

Coach Vandermade had a hell of a successful 1st season making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. He was only expected to win 3 games.

Now with a full year of running his off season program. Don't be surprised if SI is a juggernaut this year.

Manoah is who I heard was coming. I know most people will roll their eyes at my statement but if you just go and look at his instagram, he’s got a picture of Coach Lenny posted last May 2023 so it’s was not hard to figure out.

Riordan is clearly the team to beat in NorCal.
Well, we will see soon enough. They should be within the top 3 in WCAL but I think its too soon to predict them as "the team to beat in NorCal", assuming you mean top 1-3 in NorCal.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Heat Miser
Mike Mitchell sounds like a future Heisman trophy winner, maybe even NFL MVP? He has been killing it at camps and showcases everywhere.

How did he do against top competition on the field the past few years?

Riordan is clearly the team to beat in NorCal. According to social media they have an all world O-line littered with 4 and 5 star players, a few 5 star receivers, AND a future Heisman H.O.F QB! Who could possibly beat this team, it would be close but maybe Bosco, Gorman, or Mater Dei has a shot?
Good thing for Nor Cal and MD, SJB and BG that ganes are won on the field and not on Social Media….. 🤣

You need to take a step away from the pipe brother…. 🤣🤣

That was before all these kids developed into the D1 juggernaut's that they are this season. Why question the greatness that we can see online & on social media? MVP, future H.O.F QB with 4 & 5 star players all over the field around him and the best coaches. How could this not work??

Their back ups have offers similar to the SoCal power house teams.

I think everyone is in for a rude awakening when it comes to NorCal football, it's all Riordan and its not even close.
Folsom by 17….. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Niklas227
Manoah is who I heard was coming. I know most people will roll their eyes at my statement but if you just go and look at his instagram, he’s got a picture of Coach Lenny posted last May 2023 so it’s was not hard to figure out.
Riordan's Peter Langi I think was a transfer last year as well and had to wait out 3 games before playing.
Hopefully, Manoah will be able to play by the time league play starts.

Reported this year may be Folsoms best ever....New kid on the block is now the norcal champ? Prove it first, then we can talk...

Reactions: THEOC89
Reported this year may be Folsoms best ever....New kid on the block is now the norcal champ? Prove it first, then we can talk...
Notice all the hype and superlatives about Riordan this year aren't coming from any Riordan fans but posters outside looking in.
No doubt they have some talent this year but let's see how it plays out. How they do against their non-league schedule will be a good indicator on how good they are (@ McClymonds, @ St.Bonaventure-Ventura, @ Pitt).

Notice all the hype and superlatives about Riordan this year aren't coming from any Riordan fans but posters outside looking in.
Despite what FBIQ has posted, I have my doubts about their lack of fanship. I think AR has a really good chance of doing this year. And I am a fan of any WCAL team.

Reactions: jordan24
Despite what FBIQ has posted, I have my doubts about their lack of fanship. I think AR has a really good chance of doing this year. And I am a fan of any WCAL team.
It's not AR's lack of fanship, it's just that they have little recent history of football success. They seem to have the pieces in place and just need to prove it on the field. Just a few years ago there was talk of how bad the football program was and some were suggesting they drop out of the WCAL due to dwindling talent and enrollment, poor facilities, coaching and admin support. Seems they have addressed most of those issues and are headed in the right direction.

Last edited:
It does seem pretty clear that SI is making a real investment in football as enrollment grows. The WCAL is no cakewalk, though. Don't minimize VC in these conversations. Mitty? Not sure. Bellarmine? Ouch. SHC? No. Once all eight WCAL rosters are firmed up (transfers in and out, sophs moved up, injuries, etc.), then we can speculate more intelligently.

Reactions: Niklas227
Better than Jake Browning led Folsom bulldog team that put EVERY team they played that season on running clock? Even in the State Championship? That's a bold statement.

No doubt they have some talent this year but let's see how it plays out. How they do against their non-league schedule will be a good indicator on how good they are (@ McClymonds, @ St.Bonaventure-Ventura, @ Pitt).
Offensively they should go up one more level with Mitchell coming off a record breaking sophomore season. They can probably average 50 points a game. More points, more fun right? He is likely going to break his own records that he set last year. As for team aspirations particularly in the playoffs, that will be determined how bought in their players are on defense. Not a lot of teams can stop Riordan on offense, but can their own defense stop anyone in the playoffs?

Reactions: THEOC89 and cityfan
Better than Jake Browning led Folsom bulldog team that put EVERY team they played that season on running clock? Even in the State Championship? That's a bold statement.
NO knock on JB but he threw allot of TD passes in garbage time. The Lyons kid is ranked pretty high... It isn't me saying they will be really good, it's Folsom folks....let the games begin

Reactions: THEOC89 and cityfan
NO knock on JB but he threw allot of TD passes in garbage time. The Lyons kid is ranked pretty high... It isn't me saying they will be really good, it's Folsom folks....let the games begin
Oh I've been around this program for the last 20 years fairly close and I can tell you they are the real deal. I'm not a huge fan of some of the antics but rest assured this team is very talented and anything less than the norcal open bid would be a disappointment. Agree about JB comment. Only knock on Taylor and Richardson is that sort of stuff but its water under the bridge. Lyons is a freak of nature athlete and true dual threat QB. Lyons could play LB, Safety, and a few other positions and be a 4 star type recruit. Basically, a much better Justin Lamson from OR a few years back. Just a rare bird. Lyons single handily beat OR last year 2x. OR chance to get the monkey off their back and couldn't do it because of that kid.

Browning was like Joe Montana back there. Just cool and calm and a tremendous winner. I would say a much better passer at this stage with a weaker arm. Lyons has a lot of work to do in that area.
Long Beach Poly game isn't that far away. We shall see.

Reactions: WWHS44 and THEOC89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT