ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Football 2019-20 - NCP's All NorCal Team + SF Chron All Metro & Merc Teams

What happens if the votes are tied.

WCAL - we currently have a tie with 3 "Co-Champions" or "Co-Winners" as some choose to use. In the old "Big 10" conference of college football for example there was often 2 or 3 co-champions, but then one year there were 4 and the system was modified. Now envision the WCAL having 4 teams with 2 losses and we then have 4 Co-Champs representing 1/2 of the leagues teams. Here is a sample of what realistically could work:

In the event of a tie by 2 or more WCAL teams for the WCAL League title the following would apply:

(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 5 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their WCAL league.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against the teams played outside of the WCAL.
5.The team with the best overall winning percentage shall be the representative.

Its as simple as if the WCAL could only send on representative to the CCS Div I playoffs and WHO would you send of 2 or 3 CO-Champions? In the current format the 3 top teams were sent and the best team of the 3 won over the other 2 teams.

Reactions: pc2986

WCAL - we currently have a tie with 3 "Co-Champions" or "Co-Winners" as some choose to use. In the old "Big 10" conference of college football for example there was often 2 or 3 co-champions, but then one year there were 4 and the system was modified. Now envision the WCAL having 4 teams with 2 losses and we then have 4 Co-Champs representing 1/2 of the leagues teams. Here is a sample of what realistically could work:

In the event of a tie by 2 or more WCAL teams for the WCAL League title the following would apply:

(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 5 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.
2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their WCAL league.
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against the teams played outside of the WCAL.
5.The team with the best overall winning percentage shall be the representative.

Its as simple as if the WCAL could only send on representative to the CCS Div I playoffs and WHO would you send of 2 or 3 CO-Champions? In the current format the 3 top teams were sent and the best team of the 3 won over the other 2 teams.

No.

This is a frequent occurrence in B and C leagues that have limited play-off spots. The tie-breakers are almost always 1) head to head 2) record against 4th place team, 5th place team etc. 3) total CCS points 4) increasingly teams are then relying on calprep ratings or coin flip.

It happened this year in the Santa Teresa league and tri-champ Silver Creek did not make the play-offs as they had fewer CCS points than fellow tri-champs Overfelt and Branham. It also happened in the Mission League but they had three automatic spots for all three tri-champions Monte Vista Chrisitan, Seaside and Alisal.

It is often the case that in a three way tie the three teams all go 1-1 against each other and beat all the other teams in the league. This was the case in all three tri-championships in the CCS this year. So #3 becomes the real tie-breaker.

Reactions: Rmbr26
[QUOTE="PALbooster, post: 250219, member: 3795"]This is a frequent occurrence in B and C leagues that have limited play-off spots. The tie-breakers are almost always 1) head to head 2) record against 4th place team, 5th place team etc. 3) total CCS points 4) increasingly teams are then relying on calprep ratings or coin flip.

It happened this year in the Santa Teresa league and tri-champ Silver Creek did not make the play-offs as they had fewer CCS points than fellow tri-champs Overfelt and Branham. It also happened in the Mission League but they had three automatic spots for all three tri-champions Monte Vista Chrisitan, Seaside and Alisal.

It is often the case that in a three way tie the three teams all go 1-1 against each other and beat all the other teams in the league. This was the case in all three tri-championships in the CCS this year. So #3 becomes the real tie-breaker.[/QUOTE]

Thx PALbooster - makes sense to me.

WCAL Football 2019-20: Serra Advances to Sectional vs San Joaquin Memorial in Div 1-A Sat - Noon @ Serra

We now know that the Padres of San Mateo at 12-1 and the top team from the WCAL will host the Panthers of San Joaquin Memorial this coming Saturday who are also 12-1. Serra hails from the 8 team WCAL while San Joaquin Memorial [Fresno] is from the 6 team County Metro League. This is an interesting match up and should make for an entertaining game as both teams have high scoring offenses. While Serra gets the edge as the possible favortie and host team San Joaquin Memorial won all 3 of its playoff games by wide margins. This game has all the making of a classic shoot-out & I'll break it down further upcoming.

WCAL Football 2019-20: Serra Advances to Sectional vs San Joaquin Memorial in Div 1-A Sat - Noon @ Serra

We now know that the Padres of San Mateo at 12-1 and the top team from the WCAL will host the Panthers of San Joaquin Memorial this coming Saturday who are also 12-1. Serra hails from the 8 team WCAL while San Joaquin Memorial [Fresno] is from the 6 team County Metro League. This is an interesting match up and should make for an entertaining game as both teams have high scoring offenses. While Serra gets the edge as the possible favortie and host team San Joaquin Memorial won all 3 of its playoff games by wide margins. This game has all the making of a classic shoot-out & I'll break it down further upcoming.

Then if you take care of business with San Joaquin Memorial, Serra will likely play Corona Del Mar in the State Championship Game. I’m sure St Francis wont mind sharing their game film with Serra.

Below is the link for this weeks game:

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/sports/...ed=gam1936033319&maxpreps=mobile_teamschedule

WCAL75 - As you first said Serra must "take care of business with San Joaquin Memorial" first before any discussions regarding the next opponent. From what I'm viewing San Joaquin will be anything but a "walk-over" for the Padres. They are also 12-1 and possess a highly explosive offense. I'll post some eye-opening stats in my next post which may get a few fans attention. Upcoming Padres vs Panthers.

Last edited:
WCAL75 - As you first said Serra must "take care of business with San Joaquin Memorial" first before any discussions regarding the next opponent. From what I'm viewing San Joaquin will be anything but a "walk-over" for the Padres. They are also 12-1 and possess a highly explosive offense. I'll post some eye-opening stats in my next post which may get a few fans attention. Upcoming Padres vs Pathers.
Sounds similar to last meeting with d2 school down there, If I remember correctly the offense scored 80 and the defense allowed 50! Maybe another high scoring affair to come.

WCAL Football 2019-20: Serra Padres vs San Joaquin Memorial Panthers - NorCal Bowl 1-A Playoffs

Serra 12-1 ranked #1 in CCS faces off vs San Joaquin Memorial 12-1 of Fresno ranked #3 in Central Section.
While Serra's last 3 opponents VC, Wilcox and HMB all featured running attacks this "SJM" team features a wide-open offense averaging over 450 yards per game and nearly 41-points per game. The SJM "Panthers" statewide are ranked 43rd and rated somewhere between HMB and closer to Wilcox. SJM has played 1 team in the top 1000 while Serra has played 5 top 1000 teams [and why the records are both 12-1 but SJM is rated lower].

Here is what you need to know about the San Joaquin Panthers:
* Roster shows 35 players.
* Biggest win was over a solid 9-3 Bullard team by 33-31.
* Lone blemish on record a 17-14 loss to a Kingsburg team that went 10-1 this season.
* 3 of SJM's wins were by 3 points, 3 points and 2 points.
* QB is #14 Finn Collins 6'3-185, completes 64% avg 14/22 per game, 39 TD's, just 4 INT's, HIGH QB 137 Rating
* Panthers avg 203 yards rushing and 261 yards passing per game with 76 TD's.
* Of SJM's 76 TD's 39 were rushing and 37 were TD catches.
* Primary RB = #5 Jordan Hornbeak 6'0-190, 1569 yards, 17 TD's, 7.7 APC
* #1 WR = #4 Jalen McMillan 6'3-190, 80 catches, 1531 yards, 12 TD's
* #2 WR = #15 Mac Dalena 5'10-165, 65 catches, 1159 yards, 19 TD's
* 3 above players accounted for 48 TD's this season
* #1 Defender = #9 Elijah Garza LB 6'0-210, 89 solo tackles - 124 total [a beast on Defense]
* #2 Defender = #20 Nicholas Alarcon LB 5'10-190, 57 solo tackles, 78 total
* #3 Defender = #54 Aric Eades DL 6'1-230, 65 tackles with 12 QB sacks
* #4 Defender = #52 Tobin Philips DE 6'4-290, 81 tackles with 11 QB sacks
* #5 Defender = Mac Dalena DB 5'10-165 has 7 INT's on season
* Panthers kicker has missed 9 of 72 attempted PAT's and attempted just one FG this season [PAT's = 88%, misses 1 out of every 8 PAT's].

Overview: "average" teams do not make it through sectional playoffs to NorCal sectional playoff games & "SJM" is anything but an average team. SJM's march through the Central Section playoffs included wins of 42-13, 46-21 and 35-16 in the CMAC section championship over a 9-2 Tulare Western team. Serra has not faced many passing teams and most recently St. Ignatius picked apart the Padre secondary in their only loss 14-13 [in which Danny Ryan had 10 receptions and a TD]. SJM possesses the most prolific passing attack Serra will have faced this season. The Panthers have an excellent highly rated QB along with 2 talented WR's in which Serra's secondary will have its hands full covering them. It is imperative that Serra pressures the QB although the Padres will have to contain RB Hornbeak as well. What is notable is that the Panthers RB Hornbeak IS the bread & butter of their run game and gets 90% of the carries. For the season SJM averaged almost 8 YPC rushing, however in their loss and 3 closest games they were held to 5 yards or less APC with a season low of 3.2 APC vs Bullard. Serra must counter the rushing of RB Jordan Hornbeak while providing secondary coverage help on the Panther's big-play WR 6'3 Jalen McMillan [taller than any DB/SS in Serra's secondary]. The other #2 WR Mac Dalena is also a deep threat and has the higher TD total with 19 for the season. Both WR's avg 18-19 YPC so the Panthers QB Collins throws the majority of his passes down field [Serra's secondary needs to play off the WR's to degree and possibly an extra DB on 2nd-3rd downs. WR Dalena is a Fresno State commit while WR McMillan will play for the Washington Huskies - the 2 WR's are regarded as the best pass receiving tandem in the Central Section [Dalena a 3-star recruit while McMillan a 4-star recruit]. It does appear the Padres should be able to run the ball vs the SJM Panthers and especially if Serra switches between their spread pro-set to their close set double-wing [which is something I don't believe SJM has encountered this season in their section]. Serra should be able to move the ball, but it will all be about containment and Padre "D" in this one. In their CMAC Championship game SJM was the underdog to a solid Tulare Western team, however San Joaquin Memorial passed for 4 quick TD's in the first 1/2 and was out to a 28-7 lead and coasted to the win 35-16 after Tulare's QB went down to injury. Its all about "D" in this playoff game.

Reactions: THEOC89
[B said:
"LeeCorso1234[/B], post: 250399, member: 8827"]Sounds similar to last meeting with d2 school down there, If I remember correctly the offense scored 80 and the defense allowed 50! Maybe another high scoring affair to come.

Excellent memory LeeCorso1234 - in 2017 Serra defeated Tulare Union by 76-43 and in 2016 defeated Sanger by 49-36. Both are central section teams and the 2 years Serra went to state after winning those 2 games. They take their football seriously in that section and I remember the hostile home crowd that Serra played before at Sanger [in which it looked like the entire town turned out]. In the section playoff game weeks ago between San Joaquin Memorial and Sanger a fight between players erupted before the first half which had to be contained. Its a big plus Serra gets home turf for this game.

Last edited:
Are the SJM receivers better or more highly rated than Troy Franklin & J. Moss from Menlo Atherton High School? What about the receiver from SI?

Are the SJM receivers better or more highly rated than Troy Franklin & J. Moss from Menlo Atherton High School? What about the receiver from SI?

In terms of stats its not even close comparing SJM's 2 star receivers to Franklin & Moss of M-A.
McMillan of SJM had twice the number of receptions as Franklin and over twice the yards. The #2 WR for SJM Dalena had 22 more catches 65/1159 yards] than Franklin [43/674 yards] and 10 more TD's [19 to 9]. Moss can barely be in the conversation with just 28 catches. So McMillen & Dalena between them 145 catches for 2700 yards/31 TD's while Franklin & Moss had 71 catches for 1220 yards/18 TD's.

The WR from St. Ignatius is Danny Ryan who broke the WCAL pass receiving record by about 10 catches or around 60 receptions for the 8 league season of 7 games. Ryan had 10 catches each against both VC & Serra [20 for 2 games]. Ryan is easily the best WR I have personally seen this season. Containing Ryan was a problem for Serra and in this game they have to cover 2 excellent WR's.

Excellent memory LeeCorso1234 - in 2017 Serra defeated Tulare Union by 76-43 and in 2016 defeated Sanger by 49-36. Both are central section teams and the 2 years Serra went to state after winning those 2 games. They take their football seriously in that section and I remember the hostile home crowd that Serra played before at Sanger [in which it looked like the entire town turned out]. In the section playoff game weeks ago between Sann Joaquin Memorial and Sanger a fight between players erupted before the first half which had to be contained. Its a big plus Serra get home turf for this game.
Yep, them Valley folks take their high school football seriously. Closest thing to small town high school in the South that there is in Cali.Ive got a friend who moved to Fresno years ago, and I've been down there with him watching games. Oppressively hot in summer and fall. Lots of athletes and farm boys.

Regarding SI vs. Serra (stats, etc.), the SF unit managed just two scores vs. the visiting San Mateans. It wasn't as though SI ran and passed at will throughout. Serra essentially shut down SI in the second half.

Regarding SI vs. Serra (stats, etc.), the SF unit managed just two scores vs. the visiting San Mateans. It wasn't as though SI ran and passed at will throughout. Serra essentially shut down SI in the second half.

Good point colhenry. Watching that game when S.I. had a 3rd down and long - everyone knew the pass was going to Danny Ryan and the Padre secondary still couldn't stop it - over & over again. In the 2nd 1/2 S.I. went more to the ground to use clock which may have been a mistake. That was S.I.'s best performance of the season with Buchanan passing 17/22 [80%] for 149 yards, 2 TD's - with Danny Ryan grabbing 10 of those for 121 yards and both S.I. TD's [quite a performance].

WCAL Football 2019-20: Mercury News Game Preview by Darren Sabedra
BNG-L-SERRAVC-1130-23.jpg

Serra’s Nate Sanchez holds the trophy for Central Coast Section Division I Championship after defeating Valley Christian by 17-0 [photo Karl Mondon – Mercury News]

Division 1-A

San Joaquin Memorial (12-1) at Serra (12-1), Saturday, noon: Serra is making its fourth trip to a regional. In their past two appearances, the Padres have beaten Central Section opponents, Sanger 49-36 in 2016 and Tulare Union 76-43 in 2017, both on the road. They will see another Central Section foe on Saturday. Before the CIF expanded its regionals to the current model in 2015, Serra was chosen to play in the Division I NorCal regional in 2013 and lost to Del Oro-Loomis 28-20 at San Jose City College. San Joaquin Memorial is making its third regional appearance. The Fresno school beat Tulare Union 69-25 to win the 2-A championship last season and lost to Southwest-El Centro 31-28 in the 4-A South regional in 2017. SJM is bringing a few big-time college prospects to San Mateo. Receiver Jalen McMillan is a four-star receiver headed to Washington. He is ranked No. 9 overall in the state among the Class of 2020 by 247Sports and has 80 receptions for 1,531 yards and 12 touchdowns on the season. Defensive tackle Tobin Phillips (6-3, 297) is No. 39 in the state for the Class of 2020 by 247Sports. He is committed to Stanford. Top rusher Jordan Hornbeak (1,569 yards and 17 TDs) is a three-star prospect from the Class of 2021 with offers from Utah, Fresno State and San Jose State, according to 247Sports. Yet, calpreps.com’s computer projects Serra to advance with a 35-21 win, which is not surprising. This Serra team is two wins from probably going down as the best in program history. It overcame the loss of star quarterback Daylin McLemore late in the season to claim a share of the West Catholic Athletic League championship and win the rugged, best-of-the-best Central Coast Section Division I title, beating Valley Christian 17-0 in the final, the Padres’ second shut out of Valley in November. Serra is physical on the lines and explosive at the skill positions, an ideal combination for this stage of the season. SJM has not lost since falling to Kingsburg 17-14 in its season opener.

Tonite & Tomorrow's Sectional Playoff Games featuring Local Teams

** All Games Live-Streamed via NFHS https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/sports/football/california

Friday, December 6th

BOWL 3-AA PLAYOFFS
Los Gatos (CA) at Cardinal Newman (Santa Rosa, CA), 7:30pm

BOWL 5-AA PLAYOFFS
Del Norte (Crescent City, CA) at King's Academy (Sunnyvale, CA), 7:30pm

Saturday, December 7th

BOWL 1-A PLAYOFFS
San Joaquin Memorial (Fresno, CA) at Serra (San Mateo, CA), 12:00pm

BOWL 5-A PLAYOFFS
Milpitas (CA) at Caruthers (CA), 6:00pm

BOWL 6-A
Salesian (Richmond, CA) at Santa Cruz (CA), 6:00pm

Reactions: Santa Ball
What has impressed me the most about Serra over the last 5 or 6 games has been their defense. They have stepped up in a big way and have only allowed about 8 points a game.

If they can keep San Joaquin under 28 points. I think the Padres can pull off the win.

Reactions: jordan24 and pc2986
What has impressed me the most about Serra over the last 5 or 6 games has been their defense. They have stepped up in a big way and have only allowed about 8 points a game.
If they can keep San Joaquin under 28 points. I think the Padres can pull off the win.

So heavy rain throughout this evening and rain forecast tomorrow as well. Serra has artificial turf field but still will be wet & slippery. Serra'r #1 priority is stopping SJM's #1 offensive weapon RB #5 Jordan Hornbeak 6'0-190, 1569 yards, 17 TD's, 7.7 APC. The footing in slowing down SJM's rushing attack may be in Serra's favor if footing is a factor. If Serra's D-line can coral Hornbeak then more pressure can be applied on the QB #14 Finn Collins who given the time to pass has the ability & WR's to pick apart the Padre secondary. In order: stop SJM's Hornbeak, pressure QB Finn & special teams critical in wet weather - Padres Kicker Lewis one of the best in league in pinning teams deep on punts. Depending on the weather maybe neither team will score 28 points.

Reactions: jordan24
Serra lucky to hold a 14-10 lead at the 1/2 after leading 14-0 in the 1rst quarter. San Joaquin went on a 4th & 1 in the first quarter and the QB slipped and fell down with Serra taking over. Next play a short sideline pass to Mahasin who went 40 yards for the score. San Joaquin moving on their next drive and completed a pass just pass mid-field when the WR fumbled & Serra recovered. Next play Lampkin on QB keep went straight up the middle for a 51-yard TD. Next drive San Joaquin marched the length of the field from their own 6 to score on a pass play with their QB having good success against the Padre secondary. San Joaquin on next drive traded penalties in the red zone with Serra before a FG to make it 14-10 Serra. Serra's offense disappeared after the 1-play 2nd touchdown and has looked rather abysmal and out of sync. The San Jaoquin D has been good against the run and really put pressure on Lampkin. The Padres last 2 possessions they had 4th and long after losing yardage and punted both times. Except for penalties and some mistakes San Joaquin should be leading this game by at least a score.
SJM gets ball to start 2nd 1/2 and Serra will have to get something going on offense as it doesn't appear Serra will shut out this team in the 2nd 1/2,

Serra lucky to hold a 14-10 lead at the 1/2 after leading 14-0 in the 1rst quarter. San Joaquin went on a 4th & 1 in the first quarter and the QB slipped and fell down with Serra taking over. Next play a short sideline pass to Mahasin who went 40 yards for the score. San Joaquin moving on their next drive and completed a pass just pass mid-field when the WR fumbled & Serra recovered. Next play Lampkin on QB keep went straight up the middle for a 51-yard TD. Next drive San Joaquin marched the length of the field from their own 6 to score on a pass play with their QB having good success against the Padre secondary. San Joaquin on next drive traded penalties in the red zone with Serra before a FG to make it 14-10 Serra. Serra's offense disappeared after the 1-play 2nd touchdown and has looked rather abysmal and out of sync. The San Jaoquin D has been good against the run and really put pressure on Lampkin. The Padres last 2 possessions they had 4th and long after losing yardage and punted both times. Except for penalties and some mistakes San Joaquin should be leading this game by at least a score.
SJM gets ball to start 2nd 1/2 and Serra will have to get something going on offense as it doesn't appear Serra will shut out this team in the 2nd 1/2,
I am surprised but the lackluster offense especially in the second quarter. Maybe the two quick TDs made Serra players think this was going to be a push-over game. But SJM's offense is no joke.

Serra did just enough to win this one helped by several turn-overs including a pick-6 by Loville when Serra really needed some momentum. Serra had its best drive of the day in the 4th using lots of clock and going the length of the field for their final score. Loville also had a clutch catch to extend Serra's long drive for their final TD.

Last edited:
[B said:
"FBAddict[/B], post: 251062, member: 172"]Definitely concerned for Serra against the Oceanside/Corona Del Mar winner if they play like this.

Thinking what a strange win this was for Serra today and how they scored 3 of their 4 TD's. One TD after SJM QB slips on 4th down and Serra took over with a short field, SJM completes nice pass for 1rst down past mid-field, WR fumbles and Serra's Lampkin goes 51 yards next play untouched for 2nd TD, in 3rd quarter SJM QB throws a strike, but not to his WR, but right to Loville who all but walked in for the pick-6. SJM's QB who had thrown 39 TD's this season with just 4 INT's threw 2 "floaters" today which were easy pickins' for Serra DB's - 2 in one game vs 4 in the previous 13 games [?]. SJM RB Hornbeak was a beast and dragged Serra defenders on numerous plays later in game when Serra's D may have been tiring. Serra's double-wing got absolutely nowhere against SJM and that was best I'd seen any team defend it. Co-MVP's of Game = Terrance Loville with great leaping clutch catch to keep Serra's long drive alive for their last TD & the pick-6 for Padres 3rd TD along with David Silk who had both a fumble recovery in 1rst quarter to stop SJM drive and resulted in Serra;s 2nd TD and also an INT in closing minutes in Serra's red zone to seal the Serra victory.

One last note: do the broadcasters' for these sectional games know anything about the teams they're broadcasting about? It's especially bad whenever its between 2 different sectional teams - between butchering names of players and not even knowing the correct names of schools. 2 years ago vs Tulare Union the broadcasters referred to the "Sierra Padres" for the entire game. Today it was "Yune-ee-pero" Serra whatever the heck that means...
Gotta Laugh!!

Last edited:
[B said:
"bella123[/B], post: 251074, member: 296"]CDM will put up 42+ on Serra. They are fun to watch.

CDM could, but will be surprised if they do. Serra is not St. Francis this season...

A few thoughts on yesterday's game. Agree with Rmbr26, that this was a peculiar outing for the "yUunEepirow" Padres. Im sure the weather played a major role but Serra looked like the better prepared team in this one carried by stout defense and better gameplan.

After Serras offense jumped out to the early 14 point lead it was beginning to feel that SJM had all the momentum. The Serra offense just kind of sputtered after the early splash plays, failing to get a consistent ground game going in spread or the DW.

The passing game was like 100% screen, barring the magical catch by loville. I think I counted like 9 screen passes where the receivers just willed there way thru yac. The RPO with Lampkin was absolutely stuffed and yet Serra somehow drained clock, scored just enough points and in my opinion outcoached SJM.

I think a ton of credit has to be given to Serra staff for putting Lampkin in a place to succeed. I have to keep in mind, that despite lampkins apparent limitations in the passing game, he's just a soph and well just keeps on winning on the biggest stages.

Defense wins championships and Serra's defense has stepped up to the plate the last few games. Really critical turnovers forced, excellent pass defense and solid box play vs. a truly talented SJM offense.

Oh, btw how big was it to not have Lewis available to kick, Primo did an admirable job and I give coach Walsh, Ortiz a ton of props for the in game adjustments.

I'm not sure the Padres can score enough vs. CDM next week with their horizontal offense but I'm sure riverboat Walsh and the boys of W. 20th will make NorCal proud. Congrats to the Padres and San Joaquin for great seasons.

Reactions: THEOC89 and Rmbr26
I would agree that Walsh & staff provided the superior coaching in this game and have done a commendable job using Lampkin where his strengths lie. What injury did occur with Damon Lewis and will he be available to kick next week? It was good to see Mahasin in a bigger role than some previous games - heck of a player for a soph as well.

I would agree that Walsh & staff provided the superior coaching in this game and have done a commendable job using Lampkin where his strengths lie. What injury did occur with Damon Lewis and will he be available to kick next week? It was good to see Mahasin in a bigger role than some previous games - heck of a player for a soph as well.

Not sure what happened with Lewis, but he is a big weapon for Serra.

By this time in the season, those Serra sophs are more like juniors in terms of experience. The state bowl game will be the 15th for the team this year.

CDM had 2 goal line stands to hang on for the win vs Oceanside.

Corona Del Mar record setting QB was 10/20 for 150 yards & 1 TD.
Top CDM WR was 4 catches 68 yards and didn't play in 2nd 1/2
Top CDM RB was 11 carries for 41 yards
CDM had 5 fumbles in the game
Cornoa Del Mar ranked 3rd in state while Oceanside is 30th
Oceanside is ranked slightly below Valley Christian
Maybe the Padres have a slight chance against SoCal power CDM??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT