ADVERTISEMENT

What on Earth is Going on at DLS?

Dec 4, 2009
I don’t know who’s coaching the defense but man alive do they miss Terry.

This is not a well coached operation anymore that’s for sure

tough to watch.

Reactions: remc and MC415
St. Mary’s-Stockton exposed the fact that De La Salle can no longer compete and win against NorCal’s best teams, just like Serra and Folsom showed this year. This is all stemming from the lack of motivation to win. All three teams exposed De La Salle's lack of motivation or willpower to win. I’m just going to predict this now but De La Salle will lose to Pittsburg in the NCS Championship game.

St. Mary’s-Stockton exposed the fact that De La Salle can no longer compete and win against NorCal’s best teams, just like Serra and Folsom showed this year. This is all stemming from the lack of motivation to win. All three teams exposed De La Salle's lack of motivation or willpower to win. I’m just going to predict this now but De La Salle will lose to Pittsburg in the NCS Championship game.
Disagree! St. Mary’s-Stockton simply exposed that the Rams from Stockton have a very special team this year. And they will be even better next year. 47-7 victory over Central Catholic was not a fluke. The Rams are legit! Their offense is probably one of the best St. Mary’s has ever had, because it’s not just one or two players, it’s a “team” of players, very unselfish players, including the QB position. And their defense? I’ve never seen a SM Rams defense hit as hard as this teams defense, and I have witnessed decades of St. Mary’s teams. Being on the sidelines working the chains and hearing the sound coming off those hits makes me cringe. DLS will do just fine vs Pittsburg. St. Mary’s has had some very good teams in the past. But, IMHO, next years Rams team has the potential to be the best St. Mary’s-Stockton team ever. But, let’s focus on this year. I will agree that this year’s DLS is not one of the schools better teams. But, they are still very good. Pittsburg is a very good team, too. But, I’d pick DLS over them in the NCS championship game and it will indeed be good close game, just like Folsom vs Pittsburg was.

My observation is that DLS may not have the horses it has had during prior years. Their team is very young, too, meaning they may have a hard time of fielding a depth of players with more talent at the junior/senior level. But, they are still very good. They came to play in Stockton and their quick early 14-0 lead was evident of that. I would not discount this DLS team just because they struggled with Serra, Folsom, and now St. Mary’s. These other teams are just a bit better than DLS, even St. Mary’s. The game played tonight between St. Mary’s and DLS was a game. Each team challenged eachother. St. Mary’s just took a little more time to step up their game. And rather than dissing DLS, why not compliment the teams that beat DLS, a couple of them were very close and decided in the last minutes. Let’s not forget those facts. Please.

Disagree! St. Mary’s-Stockton simply exposed that the Rams from Stockton have a very special team this year. And they will be even better next year. 47-7 victory over Central Catholic was not a fluke. The Rams are legit! Their offense is probably one of the best St. Mary’s has ever had, because it’s not just one or two players, it’s a “team” of players, very unselfish players, including the QB position. And their defense? I’ve never seen a SM Rams defense hit as hard as this teams defense, and I have witnessed decades of St. Mary’s teams. Being on the sidelines working the chains and hearing the sound coming off those hits makes me cringe. DLS will do just fine vs Pittsburg. St. Mary’s has had some very good teams in the past. But, IMHO, next years Rams team has the potential to be the best St. Mary’s-Stockton team ever. But, let’s focus on this year. I will agree that this year’s DLS is not one of the schools better teams. But, they are still very good. Pittsburg is a very good team, too. But, I’d pick DLS over them in the NCS championship game and it will indeed be good close game, just like Folsom vs Pittsburg was.

My observation is that DLS may not have the horses it has had during prior years. Their team is very young, too, meaning they may have a hard time of fielding a depth of players with more talent at the junior/senior level. But, they are still very good. They came to play in Stockton and their quick early 14-0 lead was evident of that. I would not discount this DLS team just because they struggled with Serra, Folsom, and now St. Mary’s. These other teams are just a bit better than DLS, even St. Mary’s. The game played tonight between St. Mary’s and DLS was a game. Each team challenged eachother. St. Mary’s just took a little more time to step up their game. And rather than dissing DLS, why not compliment the teams that beat DLS, a couple of them were very close and decided in the last minutes. Let’s not forget those facts. Please.
Total class, good job RAMS !!

This is my personal opinion and it is somewhat basketball based. At one time no matter who De La Salle had, each player had a passionate commitment to do his job in his spot. DLS had basketball teams who has no business getting to state titles and even win some. Not one kid from those teams post Barry days made the NBA. Football is a tad different. A boatload of more guys. And they had a run of yes some NFL talent, but most guys just did their job with passion. I think that is missing. And somehow someway Lad always had that instilled in all his kids. But I wouldn’t doubt these new sets of kids who expect not to lose much, mentally don’t know what has hit them. DLS can become a power again, but what Lad did may never return. Just like on the hoop court, what Alloco did was incredible. His teams went up against Oak Hill Academy twice. Didn’t win, but they damn well hung. And to hang in there it starts with passion and pride. I think pride is slowly slipping away. So they may never be the same. Congrats to St Mary’s, loved watching their girls teams at Arco many times. Nice to see they are making a statement on the football field as well. Only team so far this season that truly dominated DLS on the offensive side. If I am not mistaken it was 45-28 at one point

Last edited:
This is my personal opinion and it is somewhat basketball based. At one time no matter who De La Salle had, each player had a passionate commitment to do his job in his spot. DLS had basketball teams who has no business getting to state titles and even win some. Not one kid from those teams post Barry days made the NBA. Football is a tad different. A boatload of more guys. And they had a run of yes some NFL talent, but most guys just did their job with passion. I think that is missing. And somehow someway Lad always had that instilled in all his kids. But I wouldn’t doubt these new sets of kids who expect not to lose much, mentally don’t know what has hit them. DLS can become a power again, but what Lad did may never return. Just like on the hoop court, what Alloco did was incredible. His teams went up against Oak Hill Academy twice. Didn’t win, but they damn well hung. And to hang in there it starts with passion and pride. I think pride is slowly slipping away. So they may never be the same. Congrats to St Mary’s, loved watching their girls teams at Arco many times. Nice to see they are making a statement on the football field as well. Only team so far this season that truly dominated DLS on the offensive side. If I am not mistaken it was 45-28 at one point
For one stretch, it was 45-14 Rams after DLS jumped out to a 14-0 lead

Reactions: bulldogmgc
By the way what I find crazy is DLS lost by a combined
For one stretch, it was 45-14 Rams after DLS jumped out to a 14-0 lead
wow didn’t know that. I was following the scoreboard log last night when I had a moment. They definitely dominated that’s for sure

I've been saying this for the last 5 years or so. This was going to happen at DLS. They simply aren't getting the horses, they once had. They aren't getting kids to transfer from Sacramento anymore because you have Folsom and other SFL schools in their own back yard.

Add in the social media aspect and highlight reels. WHO IS GOING TO OPT TO GO TO DLS TO RUN THE VEER!? How is that going to look on their Twitter highlight reel!? How are college scouts supposed to assess talent in a system that doesn't really display the true athletic talents of it's players? The DLS days are over and never coming back.

Demographics are shifting rapidly in the Bay Area with many families with HS kids opting to move in to different areas. This is a fact.

DLS will NEVER be the same. They will still be very good, probably always. But they will simply never get the orses they once got and the allure of "De La Salle" is now shifted and gone.

Reactions: Mustange76
I've been saying this for the last 5 years or so. This was going to happen at DLS. They simply aren't getting the horses, they once had. They aren't getting kids to transfer from Sacramento anymore because you have Folsom and other SFL schools in their own back yard.

Add in the social media aspect and highlight reels. WHO IS GOING TO OPT TO GO TO DLS TO RUN THE VEER!? How is that going to look on their Twitter highlight reel!? How are college scouts supposed to assess talent in a system that doesn't really display the true athletic talents of it's players? The DLS days are over and never coming back.

Demographics are shifting rapidly in the Bay Area with many families with HS kids opting to move in to different areas. This is a fact.

DLS will NEVER be the same. They will still be very good, probably always. But they will simply never get the orses they once got and the allure of "De La Salle" is now shifted and gone.
Please tell me how many players came from Sacramento. Me and the board will gladly wait.

Out of all their NFL players one was born in Sacramento. And the one who may have been their best ever and killed was born in Richmond.

So bring the list buddy. Cause one out of all of their NFL players were born in Sac. And when it comes to any other sport, yeah, probably zero.

Oh and since you have been saying this for 5 years, I was in Maui on this very date last year. Here is my Facebook memory from one year ago on this very date.

Very long day and evening tonight. Maui does that. Tried to catch scores here and there. Glad to see the Giants dominate Game 1, Logan Webb is special. Glad to see Sacred Heart beat SI, and also glad to see once again De La Salle represent the Bay Area and beat the snot out of Sacramento’s best after all the smack talk on one of the local prep boards.

So five years man. You just speak out the side of the neck don’t ya.

Please tell me how many players came from Sacramento. Me and the board will gladly wait.

Out of all their NFL players one was born in Sacramento. And the one who may have been their best ever and killed was born in Richmond.

So bring the list buddy. Cause one out of all of their NFL players were born in Sac. And when it comes to any other sport, yeah, probably zero.
About to be TWO from Sacramento after To'oto'o! And he transfered into DLS AFTER his freshman year in Sacramento.

Sacramento is just on example. You clearly are missing the point.

The horses have left the stable for greener pastures. The run is over. See ya!

About to be TWO from Sacramento after To'oto'o! And he transfered into DLS AFTER his freshman year in Sacramento.

Sacramento is just on example. You clearly are missing the point.

The horses have left the stable for greener pastures. The run is over. See ya!
No you made a another dumb ass comment that when it comes to NFL players, DJ Williams is the only guy from Sac. So again we can go back and forth, but don’t make stupid ass comments that have no substance. “I BEEN SAYING THIS FOR 5 YEARS”, absolutely stupid comment.

Reactions: THEOC89
Patsy you just said I have been saying this for the last five years, yet DLS is 3-2 in the last five years. Does the coaching staff know the words that come out of your mouth in my Chris Tucker voice. Cause dude, yes Folsom is rolling the high road now, but man, when something is over, the other team usually has the winning side of the record. You can’t be this, welp let me shut up. Headed to Pebble Beach to play golf. Anyone from Folsom done there by chance

Respecfully, DJ Williams is widely considered the best player to put on a Spartans uniform. I realize they’ve had some great ones, but DJ is really the only one that many fans including the likes of the late great John Madden thought could have gone straight to the NFL from HS.

And DJ is a Sacramento product. His brother and uncle attended Grant Union in DPH. IIRC his father made the decision to send him away from SAC to Concord to keep him out of trouble.

You show absolutely zero HSFB IQ. This has nothing to do with horses or the veer how do you not see that? DLS’s DC has got to go. Alumbaugh has to make a change and I mean soon because DLS is known for getting better and better as the year goes on and now they are getting worse and worse. Anyone with decent football IQ can see the defense is horrible.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
You show absolutely zero HSFB IQ. This has nothing to do with horses or the veer how do you not see that? DLS’s DC has got to go. Alumbaugh has to make a change and I mean soon because DLS is known for getting better and better as the year goes on and now they are getting worse and worse. Anyone with decent football IQ can see the defense is horrible.
WRONG!

Alumbaugh is a great coach. He generally does MORE with LESS. The talent has been in decline there for quite some time. Now, the chickens are finally coming home to roost because he simply doesn't have the horses any more, even for that system.

Now that DLS will be seen as a "lesser program" with all the recent losses, players that were once thinking about there, will most likely move on to bigger and better programs.

It has EVERYTHING to do with not having horses AND the 1960s veer. It's 2022, where kids want to be seen on Twitter highlight reels. NO ONE IS POSTING VEER HIGHLIGHTS IN 2022.

:)

It has EVERYTHING to do with not having horses AND the 1960s veer. It's 2022, where kids want to be seen on Twitter highlight reels. NO ONE IS POSTING VEER HIGHLIGHTS IN 2022.

Clearly one stable boy who knows a lot about horses, especially the bizzness end based on the amount of horse padooky you keep shoveling. A regular PHD.......Piling it Higher and Deeper

WRONG!

Alumbaugh is a great coach. He generally does MORE with LESS. The talent has been in decline there for quite some time. Now, the chickens are finally coming home to roost because he simply doesn't have the horses any more, even for that system.

Now that DLS will be seen as a "lesser program" with all the recent losses, players that were once thinking about there, will most likely move on to bigger and better programs.

It has EVERYTHING to do with not having horses AND the 1960s veer. It's 2022, where kids want to be seen on Twitter highlight reels. NO ONE IS POSTING VEER HIGHLIGHTS IN 2022

WRONG!

Is it wrong because you said so? What a joke. How would you know what the talent at DLS is like? And do you know this so called 1960’s veer came to DLS in 1979 and has done really well all the way through 2020. I’m mean for Christ sake they made a major motion picture about them. When will they ever make one about Folsom? Since you know nothing about HSFB I’ll help you, NEVER!

Is it wrong because you said so? What a joke. How would you know what the talent at DLS is like? And do you know this so called 1960’s veer came to DLS in 1979 and has done really well all the way through 2020. I’m mean for Christ sake they made a major motion picture about them. When will they ever make one about Folsom? Since you know nothing about HSFB I’ll help you, NEVER!
That "major motion picture" was as big of a flop as DLS in 2022 :)

DLS is yesterday's news. Get over it.

i agree. I just think it’s funny you think you know why and predicted it the last 5 years when pastyfastquick3 has only been in on here since 2019.

i agree. I just think it’s funny you think you know why and predicted it the last 5 years when pastyfastquick3 has only been in on here since 2019.
Predictions of people watching HSFB didn't exist before 2019?

Sounds like you just had your first beer. :)

Respecfully, DJ Williams is widely considered the best player to put on a Spartans uniform. I realize they’ve had some great ones, but DJ is really the only one that many fans including the likes of the late great John Madden thought could have gone straight to the NFL from HS.

And DJ is a Sacramento product. His brother and uncle attended Grant Union in DPH. IIRC his father made the decision to send him away from SAC to Concord to keep him out of trouble.

Bingo.

DJ is from Del Paso Heights. By abbreviation that is DPH which is known by many in Sac as the “Deepest Part of Hell”. Gangs run rampant. JJ Clavo was killed by one of the local gangs and he reportedly wasn’t even the target.

To say there is now Folsom and other SFL school thriving is BS. Grant was a machine in the late 90s, early 2000s. Nevada Union wasn’t the joke they are now either. That is when Humphers and Blankenship were up there. There was options in Sac back then and those Grant teams would dog walk these Folsom teams.

DJ was sent to De La Salle because it was a safer environment for him.

Same with To’oto’o. He went to Sac High which is right between Oak Park and South Sacramento. They don’t call it “South Sac Iraq” for no reason, the gang war between the Oak Park Bloods and GMobb is about as bad as there is in the state. Sac High’s starting QB from the 2020 season, Jaylen Betschart, was killed in the middle of his senior season just two years ago last week. Some parents don’t want their kids in that environment at all and if their child is athletically inclined they are going to send them to school somewhere they can thrive and get away from the non-sense. That place was De La Salle.

The same grant team that Folsom dog walked in 2010? There are probably TWO to THREE Folsom teams that none of those Grant teams could touch.

So 2 hours away vs. SFL schools 20 min away? DJ you could explain, as Folsom wasn't a power then. But To'oto'o is a real head scratcher. He was just down the hill from Folsom when Folsom was a powerhouse. People don't up and move from Sacramento to Concord. Concord isn't exactly a destination :)
I have no insight into whether any of the claims here are true or not.

Many kids do benefit simply from moving schools, which might even be walking distance from each other in a city like Elk Grove.

However, if a parent wants to remove a child from a particular environment, 20 minutes might not be enough of a distance. After all, that's still a pretty quick drive and maybe even achievable by cheap public transit.

In reality, parents will often move children HOURS away or even multiple states away from a particular environment.

Every situation like that is unique, so it's pretty tough to judge from the outside.

Reactions: coachlittle
The same grant team that Folsom dog walked in 2010? There are probably TWO to THREE Folsom teams that none of those Grant teams could touch.

So 2 hours away vs. SFL schools 20 min away? DJ you could explain, as Folsom wasn't a power then. But To'oto'o is a real head scratcher. He was just down the hill from Folsom when Folsom was a powerhouse. People don't up and move from Sacramento to Concord. Concord isn't exactly a destination :)
When was Folsom ever a powerhouse? Asking for a friend. Why is Henry going to DLS instead of Folsom a head scratcher? Henry got to play against real HSFB teams. Who did Folsom ever play? Every once in a while they would go get there ass kicked by DLS but that’s the only powerhouse team they ever played. IMO NorCal no longer has a powerhouse team those days are over but they still have good HSFB and yes Folsom is one of those teams.

@bulldogmgc is Coach Franks going to schedule up next year? Lots of arguments on both sides of that decision. Not sure where I land on it but as a football fan I would love to watch them take down some SoCal powers

@bulldogmgc is Coach Franks going to schedule up next year? Lots of arguments on both sides of that decision. Not sure where I land on it but as a football fan I would love to watch them take down some SoCal powers
Unsure of what next year’s schedule beholds. But, the confidence will be even higher next year. I am hopeful a return to including Serra-San Mateo on the schedule in place of St Ignatius would be nice, but much depend on existing contracts. Another opp with a SoCal team would be nice too. Interestingly, Coach Franks tends to schedule SoCal teams after we have a successful season expecting the next years team to be up to the challenge, when in reality the team peaked the prior season, much of the team graduating, and the next years team is NOT anything close to the level of the prior year. Next year should definitely be a good opportunity for challenging his team, as the team (now majority juniors) will be seniors and stronger, faster, and more experienced. Stud freshmen in WR Kenny Moore and backup QB Devin Rasmussen will have grown, as well. GO RAMS!!!

Unsure of what next year’s schedule beholds. But, the confidence will be even higher next year. I am hopeful a return to including Serra-San Mateo on the schedule in place of St Ignatius would be nice, but much depend on existing contracts. Another opp with a SoCal team would be nice too. Interestingly, Coach Franks tends to schedule SoCal teams after we have a successful season expecting the next years team to be up to the challenge, when in reality the team peaked the prior season, much of the team graduating, and the next years team is NOT anything close to the level of the prior year. Next year should definitely be a good opportunity for challenging his team, as the team (now majority juniors) will be seniors and stronger, faster, and more experienced. Stud freshmen in WR Kenny Moore and backup QB Devin Rasmussen will have grown, as well. GO RAMS!!!
SM Did have the Balls to a Schedule MD so hopefully there is a good chance!….

I think that Cen10 would be a great Matchup for ST Mary’s!… They are looking for games and according to their tweets they said they would “Travel to Select Satates”…. That would be a perfect Nor Cal Honor Bowl Matchup!!….

Cen10 needs to travel outside of SoCal for once. Folsom has done it.

Cen10 should come display their skills on the blue turf up north.

Cen10 needs to travel outside of SoCal for once. Folsom has done it.

Cen10 should come display their skills on the blue turf up north.
They have been to IMG Florida and hosted them, Nevada, Utah and hosted two teams from Arizona. So travel outside of So Cal for once. Just another stupid statement that you can easily research before stating. Oh and they have been to Bishop Gorman as well. Maybe it is time for QPR to step in and respond

They have been to IMG Florida and hosted them, Nevada, Utah and hosted two teams from Arizona. So travel outside of So Cal for once. Just another stupid statement that you can easily research before stating. Oh and they have been to Bishop Gorman as well. Maybe it is time for QPR to step in and respond
BS- I know they have been contacted MULTIPLE times by various teams in NorCal and they have OPENLY stated they do not travel outside of SoCal. Openly stated.

BS- I know they have been contacted MULTIPLE times by various teams in NorCal and they have OPENLY stated they do not travel outside of SoCal. Openly stated.
check Maxpreps buddy. It isn’t that hard

check Maxpreps buddy. It isn’t that hard

This is a Flat out Lie…. The only team in Nor Cal that Contacted Cen10 to play is PITT and PITT traveled down there and played Cen10 2 years in a row….

Cen10 confirmed in tweet last year that they contacted Folsom to play and Folsom Said “We prefer to Play Nor Cal Teams”…..

The Cen10 Tweet was posted on the National Board and I believe this one as well….

This is a Flat out Lie…. The only team in Nor Cal that Contacted Cen10 to play is PITT and PITT traveled down there and played Cen10 2 years in a row….

Cen10 confirmed in tweet last year that they contacted Folsom to play and Folsom Said “We prefer to Play Nor Cal Teams”…..

The Cen10 Tweet was posted on the National Board and I believe this one as well….
Yes you are correct. QPR needs to verify this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT