ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Divsion 1 Seeing Predictions?

Right now, CVC is #4 in the state, according to MaxPreps. They’d probably stay that high or close to it if they were to win out and then win NCS. Got some tough games yet, including tonight here at Las Lomas.

Does anyone know how far a Dublin Team has ever gone in the NCS / State Playoffs? Lately the grind of EBAL then EBAL tournament, then NCS followed by Nor Cal is a bit much for their Program. DLS seems to weather the grind better.

Does anyone know how far a Dublin Team has ever gone in the NCS / State Playoffs? Lately the grind of EBAL then EBAL tournament, then NCS followed by Nor Cal is a bit much for their Program. DLS seems to weather the grind better.

In 2013, Dublin lost to College Park in the D2 NorCal final in OT at ARCO. Neilsen’s older brother was the center on that squad that featured standouts JoJo McGlaston and Jamir Andrews.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...l-division-ii-boys-basketball-title-game/amp/

Last edited:
What if Berkeley loses to San Leandro and O’Dowd do they drop out the top 5? What quality division 1 win do they have besides beating a Dublin without starting center or coach?

@MoneyTeam0115 when the final seeding comes out later this month every year we get a #12 defeat a #5 or a #10 defeat a #7. My ranking yesterday were my thoughts before the Tuesday night games as of the beginning of the day 2/6/2018. I noted “too many ifs” to go so things may change. Personally I believe in the Top 4 teams to make the Semifinals of NCS. Also note, some programs know how to step up their game by Coaching or tradition due to experience and going deep in NCS every year [DLS, Monte Vista, Berkeley, Freedom, etc]. Ranking and Rating mean nothing once the ball is tipped off. I believe Berkeley will win the games they are favored this time of the season [February].

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
NCS Div I League position at the start of the day 2/7/2018:

Dublin in 1st EBAL
Heritage in 1st BVAL
CVC in 2nd DFAL
Berkeley in 2nd WACFL
DaLaSalle in 2nd EBAL
Logan tied for 2nd MVAL
College Park tied for 3rd DFAL
Monte Vista tied for 3rd EBAL
Dougherty Valley tied for 3rd EBAL

@Straight8 berkley has a new coach that hasn’t proved anything in playoffs yet. And freedom has lost first or 2nd round past few years. So not sure why you added those teams in there. Don’t take it personal i know all these predictions are opinionated. Just having a friendly basketball conversation. Wish all these teams best of luck as i do not have a horse in the race. Just a basketball fan

It's a little too early to tell how Dublin will handle the grind of EBAL and post season play.

Dublin only joined EBAL last year. They won the league championship in their first year and made it to the NCS finals. DHS has a pretty good team this year and a loaded JV team. They should be pretty competitive for the next few years. Still, you can never count out private schools like DLS given their abiltiy to attract players from a larger geographic region . . .

@Genethia true it is too early to know how Dublin will do come the post season. However most other leagues have eliminated the year end league tournament before NCS. Those Leagues are using the regular season standings to determine post season automatic bids. Last years Dublin's team was heavily favored and got tripped up by Palo Alto in Nor-Cal. DeLaSalle is always tough late in the season. @MoneyTeam0115 I am betting Berkeley has good athletes that will compete hard period regardless of New Coaching. The name Berkeley has tradition. My representation of Freedom is more their league BVAL. We usually get one of those schools in the final 4 of NCS. Whether it's Freedom of the past or Heritage in 2018 we usually get a Deer Valley or a Liberty or some team from BVAL stepping up. Also @MoneyTeam0115, in 2018 NCS I am thinking the Monte Vistas, DLS, Dougherty Valleys and College Parks will handle the pressure of the playoffs better then James Logan who shot selection and team shooting percent might not carry them far. Just friendly basketball conversation.

@Straight8 lol right on dude. Once again all opinionated and non facts. I’m fine with that. Like i said i have no horse in the race. I think CVC will win NCS anyways. Just my opinion. My opinion every Ebal team will lose first round except Dublin and De La. that’s just my opinion though

Reactions: Straight8
As I said before, the jury is still out as to which program(s) will weather the EBAL grind the best. I just don't see why you think DLS has fared better than Dublin at this point given that Dublin has only been in EBAL for a year, reached state finals in 2013, and reached the NCS finals last year . . . . Not a bad record for a public school.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to who has the better talent and/or the more experienced players. Dublin is certainly on the rise in those categories. Just a friendly basketball response.

1 Dublin (League Champs would secure this)

2 Heritage (League Champ)

3 Clayton Valley (Las Lomas might win DFAL)

4 Berkeley

5 College Park

6 De La Salle

7 James Logan (beat Monte Vista)

8 Monte Vista (Beat Dougherty Valley twice)

9 Dougherty Valley (Beat Amador)

10 Amador Valley

11 Freedom

12 Liberty

13 Pittsburg

14 Granada

15 Foothill

16 San Leandro

Looking ahead to Nor-Cal how does NCS D1s match up to Nor-Cal D1s?

Sheldon
Bellamine
Folsom
Palo Alto
Modesto Christian
Sequoia
Lincoln {Stockton}
Sacramento
Capital Christian

@meezymo think they beat them without their best player Elias King. But that’s a good win for Berkeley for sure. Don’t know if committee will look at early wins against Dublin and Jesuit playing both without starters. I doubt it. Berkeley is a team i believe can go on a deep run and make some noise. Great guard play

Dublin has had at least a couple of tough losses to the Montgomery Vikings of Santa Rosa, CA in NCS over the last few years. That said, Dublin has got to be the favorite to win NCS D1 this year. Not buying clayton valley charter. Wasn't Dublin missing a key player against Berkeley this year too?

Dublin has had at least a couple of tough losses to the Montgomery Vikings of Santa Rosa, CA in NCS over the last few years. That said, Dublin has got to be the favorite to win NCS D1 this year. Not buying clayton valley charter. Wasn't Dublin missing a key player against Berkeley this year too?

Dublin was without their 6’7” starting center Nielsen as well as their head coach Costello in that game against Berkeley. It was the first game of the season and the Jackets won in OT.

It might be a different story if they played today, but Berkeley won that game fair and square and that’s a nice win for their resume.

We are all guessing, let the teams play when the money is on the line and then we can talk about who beat who and not guess.

@NorCalScout when should we expect your season ending EBAL AND DFAL awards
and all league players and the all important best and worst 6th man awards you do a nice job
With that every year.

Reactions: NorCalScout
@Straight8 actually heard the game was close. San Leandro lead beginning of 4th. But i always had Berkeley in top 4. Don’t know if the head to head win against Dublin will get them seeded ahead of them.

@MoneyTeam0115 Berkeley is looking like a top 4 while Dublin is looking like a #1 no lower then #2 with them possibly winning EBAL. Berkeley's early season win over Dublin can only help if they can win over BOD in their final league game which is a tall order.

College Park loses most likely will drop them to 7 or 8 Pitt deserve a 9 seed. They are winning quality games

College Park loses most likely will drop them to 7 or 8 Pitt deserve a 9 seed. They are winning quality games

I had them as a 7 seed already, and they only lost by a point. It’s not like Acalanes is a bad team, as they have beaten Campo and took CVC into OT.

Maxpreps has them 4 and other guys on this board have them a 5 seed. Never said Acalanes was a bad team but losing to them this late in the season isn’t a good thing for CP. They also have to play CVC again next week which would be another loss and potentially 3-4th place in their league

A 7 or 8 seed would be just about right. Aside from their 3 wins over Campo, they don’t really have any signature wins. If they take down CVC next week, that would help, but I just don’t see it.

Dublin, CVC, Heritage, Berkeley, Logan and DLS are all ahead of them, even if they had beaten the Dons tonight.

I agree with that straight8 only adjustment would be moving Berkeley up to
3 if they were to beat O'dowd on friday.The 6- 11 match up with Logan vs freedom
and the 7-10 match up with college park and amador would be two good first
Round games to see.

Pitt gets ahead of Freedom and Liberty. They beat both teams head to head twice. They guaranteed will get seeded ahead of them. Other than that list looks pretty familiar. I think if whoever wins league out of De La Salle and Logan will get 5 seed. If College Park beats CVC and De La or Logan doesn’t win out CP can sneak into 5 seed @Straight8

We will know more after this week. Logan win league over Moreau? Hmmm....Bay Valley League after Heritage....

@NorCalScout when should we expect your season ending EBAL AND DFAL awards
and all league players and the all important best and worst 6th man awards you do a nice job
With that every year.

Bones,
Thank you if you were being serious, I will do it after tonights games. I have fun with it and it stirs the pot if anything else.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
Amazingly, if Newark beats Moreau tonight, I believe they will win the MVAL, and they are a D1 program as well. After starting like 0-8, they feasted in a weak league and are now 14-10. The transfers they got in January must have really helped.

Newark is d2 but yes if they win league they will have share at the MVAL title. The winner from Friday’s game with Moreau and Logan would tie Newark if they win next two games.

Amazingly, if Newark beats Moreau tonight, I believe they will win the MVAL, and they are a D1 program as well. After starting like 0-8, they feasted in a weak league and are now 14-10. The transfers they got in January must have really helped.

Newark is D2, great turn around and one of the best coaches in the business. Top 3 teams in the MVAL are playing well but the rest of the league is awful, with the exception of Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT